Posted to rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Red pepper
> Garlic
> Onion
> Sweet saugsge
> Cup chili powder yes
> Etc...
>
> The point is the coffee?
> In a pinch i use instant.

I use coffee, too...gives it a nice "depth" of flavor. I use Cafe Bustelo Espresso, a small cup provides a nice "kick"...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My chili secret

"Thomas" > wrote in message
>I use a cup strong coffee
> 2lb ground
> Red pepper
> Garlic
> Onion
> Sweet saugsge
> Cup chili powder yes
> Etc...
>
> The point is the coffee?
> In a pinch i use instant.

A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:53:29 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Thomas" > wrote in message
>>I use a cup strong coffee
>> 2lb ground
>> Red pepper
>> Garlic
>> Onion
>> Sweet saugsge
>> Cup chili powder yes
>> Etc...
>>
>> The point is the coffee?
>> In a pinch i use instant.

>A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

Lol, yes, I like hot food, but I wouldn't try that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 5:53:30 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> I use a cup strong coffee
> 2lb ground
> Red pepper
> Garlic
> Onion
> Sweet saugsge
> Cup chili powder yes
> Etc...
>
> The point is the coffee?
> In a pinch i use instant.

I use a touch of mustard but not enough to identify as mustard, and Korean chili pepper powder. Sweet sausage sounds like a good idea. I don't use coffee but I'll try it next time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2018 9:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

> The point is the coffee?
> In a pinch i use instant.

Using "coffee" is no secret.

Marlboro, which I usta smoke, hadda cookbook "pamphlet" out, way back in
the 80s. It was about "chuck wagon cooking", but more importantly, it
hadda lotta recipes using coffee. Even hadda bbq recipe called "Old
Black joe" which was basically mostly strong coffee.

Here's a secret you may not know. I roasted a lotta "decaf" coffee's
(German decaf, SWD decaf, etc) . Only Taster's Choice had any "body".
Taster's Choice was monster in most of my recipes.

I quit using instant coffee when I learned about Nestle's. I need to
get back to using regular coffee, more (moka?).

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brice wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:53:29 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Thomas" > wrote in message
> > > I use a cup strong coffee
> >> 2lb ground
> >> Red pepper
> >> Garlic
> >> Onion
> >> Sweet saugsge
> >> Cup chili powder yes
> >> Etc...
> > >
> >> The point is the coffee?
> >> In a pinch i use instant.

> > A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

> Lol, yes, I like hot food, but I wouldn't try that.

Not here. I presume a typo involved.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 5:53:30 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> > I use a cup strong coffee
> > 2lb ground
> > Red pepper
> > Garlic
> > Onion
> > Sweet saugsge
> > Cup chili powder yes
> > Etc...
> >
> > The point is the coffee?
> > In a pinch i use instant.

> I use a touch of mustard but not enough to identify as mustard, and
> Korean chili pepper powder. Sweet sausage sounds like a good idea. I
> don't use coffee but I'll try it next time.

Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang bang'
bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang bang'
> bread.

The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with a lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's the breaks.

What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang
> > bang' bread.

> The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with a
> lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The
> pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's
> the breaks.
>
> What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...

Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > >
> > > Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang
> > > bang' bread.

> > The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with
> > a lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The
> > pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's
> > the breaks.
> >
> > What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...

> Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

> I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
> that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
> of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.
>
> Carol

Grr, looks like you have to login for that link. Maybe I missed
somthing...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 3:25:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded
>
> I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
> that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
> of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.
>
> Carol

That must be your invention since a web search gives nothing. Speaking of nothing, that's what your link provides. That's okay, your description is good enough. I'd be making it immediately but it looks like I won't be making any bread for a while. These days, carbs are a no-no.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 3:25:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

> > I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
> > that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The
> > bits of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.
> >
> > Carol

> That must be your invention since a web search gives nothing.
> Speaking of nothing, that's what your link provides. That's okay,
> your description is good enough. I'd be making it immediately but it
> looks like I won't be making any bread for a while. These days, carbs
> are a no-no.

It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
didnt share right.

Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:12:49 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
> didnt share right.
>
> Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.

I have eaten some carbs recently. What I'm not going to do is bake bread or cook rice. Those are no-nos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:12:49 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
> didnt share right.
>
> Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.

I have eaten some carbs recently. What I'm not going to do is bake bread or
cook rice. Those are no-nos.

==

Which you are doing for your health!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Which you are doing for your health!

My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay, that's the rub!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Which you are doing for your health!

My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay, that's
the rub!

===

I suppose it depends on whether you are type 2 or type 1!

D has type 2 and has no meds. That was down to food. He has been clear for
so long now that he does have some carbs but his preferences have changed.
Ie today he wants cauliflower rice as a side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 3:25:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> >
>> > Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:
>> >

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded
>> >
>> > I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
>> > that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The
>> > bits of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.
>> >
>> > Carol

>> That must be your invention since a web search gives nothing.
>> Speaking of nothing, that's what your link provides. That's okay,
>> your description is good enough. I'd be making it immediately but it
>> looks like I won't be making any bread for a while. These days, carbs
>> are a no-no.

> It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
> didnt share right.
>
> Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.

That's not true for a lot of people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Which you are doing for your health!

> My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay,
> that's the rub!

I've been on them, off them, on them again. Now on them and insulin too. For
me, food is the least of my issues.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Which you are doing for your health!

> My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay,
> that's
> the rub!
>
> ===
>
> I suppose it depends on whether you are type 2 or type 1!

Type 1's generally do not take meds. They have to take insulin. Type 2's may
or may not take insulin and/or meds. I take both.

> D has type 2 and has no meds. That was down to food. He has been clear
> for so long now that he does have some carbs but his preferences have
> changed. Ie today he wants cauliflower rice as a side.

I wish it was just down to food for me. There is also type 3 (Alzheimer's)
and 3c.

https://www.pancreapedia.org/reviews...pe-3c-diabetes

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message news

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Which you are doing for your health!

> My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay,
> that's
> the rub!
>
> ===
>
> I suppose it depends on whether you are type 2 or type 1!

Type 1's generally do not take meds. They have to take insulin.

Insulin is not a med????

Type 2's may
or may not take insulin and/or meds. I take both.

> D has type 2 and has no meds. That was down to food. He has been clear
> for so long now that he does have some carbs but his preferences have
> changed. Ie today he wants cauliflower rice as a side.

I wish it was just down to food for me. There is also type 3 (Alzheimer's)
and 3c.

https://www.pancreapedia.org/reviews...pe-3c-diabetes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> > On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 9:46:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> Which you are doing for your health!

> > My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay,
> > that's the rub!

> I've been on them, off them, on them again. Now on them and insulin too. For
> me, food is the least of my issues.

True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...

Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
(and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
At least regular long fast walks.

Again.....I'm asking.
Is that basically right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 8:54:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:

> > > My main goal is to get off of diabetes meds. Is that attainable? Ay,
> > > that's the rub!

> > I've been on them, off them, on them again. Now on them and insulin too. For
> > me, food is the least of my issues.

> True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...
>
> Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
> (and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
> start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
> At least regular long fast walks.

Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 8:54:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>> >
>> > I've been on them, off them, on them again. Now on them and insulin too. For
>> > me, food is the least of my issues.

>> True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...
>>
>> Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
>> (and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
>> start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
>> At least regular long fast walks.

>Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
>can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
>diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...
>>>
>>> Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
>>> (and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
>>> start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
>>> At least regular long fast walks.

>>Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
>>can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
>>diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check, eating
right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by some
of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>>Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
>>>can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
>>>diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

>> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
>> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

>Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check, eating
>right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by some
>of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
>insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes 2 at
all by having the right lifestyle and diet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:17:56 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...
> >>
> >> Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
> >> (and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
> >> start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
> >> At least regular long fast walks.

> >Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
> >can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
> >diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

Not always lifestyle, but very, very frequently.

What adjustment would you suggest for a man who cannot walk
more than 1000 feet (that's about 300 meters), nor at a pace
exceeding a stroll? He will never be capable of exceeding
that performance due to spinal stenosis.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:39:41 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Brice" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
> >> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

> >Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check, eating
> >right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by some
> >of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
> >insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes 2 at
> all by having the right lifestyle and diet?

Genetics plays a factor. You can have the right lifestyle and diet,
and still get T2.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brice" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Brice" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
>>> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

>>Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check, eating
>>right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by
>>some
>>of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
>>insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes 2 at
> all by having the right lifestyle and diet?

In many cases if you are pre-diabetic. In this day and age, they routinely
run tests, they did not do that a lot in the old days at all so many times
people were diabetic for years before they knew it, usually because a
complication arose. There are diabetes newsgroups to discuss further if one
chooses.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:17:56 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> True or not true? And I don't know - I'm asking...
> >>
> >> Seems that with type 2, first is to lose weight, eat less carbs
> >> (and maybe total calories too for the weight thing) then also
> >> start a good exercise regime especially aerobic type exercises.
> >> At least regular long fast walks.

> >Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
> >can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
> >diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

Not always lifestyle, but very, very frequently.

What adjustment would you suggest for a man who cannot walk
more than 1000 feet (that's about 300 meters), nor at a pace
exceeding a stroll? He will never be capable of exceeding
that performance due to spinal stenosis.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Oh I am so sorry to hear that

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:39:41 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Brice" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check,
>> >eating
>> >right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by
>> >some
>> >of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
>> >insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

>> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes 2 at
>> all by having the right lifestyle and diet?

> Genetics plays a factor. You can have the right lifestyle and diet,
> and still get T2.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Absolutely.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:44:52 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in check, eating
>>>right, etc., especially complications, some of which are made worse by
>>>some
>>>of the medication, especially when people take more and more pills and
>>>insulin because they don't want to change their lifestyle at all.

>> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes 2 at
>> all by having the right lifestyle and diet?

>In many cases if you are pre-diabetic. In this day and age, they routinely
>run tests, they did not do that a lot in the old days at all so many times
>people were diabetic for years before they knew it, usually because a
>complication arose. There are diabetes newsgroups to discuss further if one
>chooses.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:42:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:17:56 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Provided one is physically capable of long, fast walks. My husband
>> >can manage a stroll of less than 1000 feet. He doesn't yet have
>> >diabetes, but it's only a matter of time, I think.

>> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
>> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

>Not always lifestyle, but very, very frequently.
>
>What adjustment would you suggest for a man who cannot walk
>more than 1000 feet (that's about 300 meters), nor at a pace
>exceeding a stroll? He will never be capable of exceeding
>that performance due to spinal stenosis.

My uninformed guess is that to avoid getting diabetes in the first
place, losing weight helps, if you're not already at your optimal
weight. And the most efficient way to do that is to eat less. No?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 2:06:01 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:42:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:17:56 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
> >> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 06:16:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> If you don't have it yet, can't you avoid getting it by adjusting your
> >> lifestyle? Isn't type 2 the result of lifestyle?

> >Not always lifestyle, but very, very frequently.
> >
> >What adjustment would you suggest for a man who cannot walk
> >more than 1000 feet (that's about 300 meters), nor at a pace
> >exceeding a stroll? He will never be capable of exceeding
> >that performance due to spinal stenosis.

> My uninformed guess is that to avoid getting diabetes in the first
> place, losing weight helps, if you're not already at your optimal
> weight. And the most efficient way to do that is to eat less. No?

Eat less and/or exercise more.

Honestly, if it were easy, everybody would do it and there wouldn't
be a $66 billion weight loss industry in the United States.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:39:37a, Brice told us...
>
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in
>>> check, eating right, etc., especially complications, some of which
>>> are made worse by some of the medication, especially when people
>>> take more and more pills and insulin because they don't want to
>>> change their lifestyle at all.

>> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes
>> 2 at all by having the right lifestyle and diet?
>>

> It certainly can be lifestyle, but some families are predisposed to
> Type 2 diabetes according to my endocrinologist. In my own case it
> was probably lifstyle, as no one except for one cousin has Type 2
> diabetes. Fortunately mine is extremely well controlled.

Often when faggot like you writes about food it's enjoyable. When you
aren't writing about food it is rarely enjoyable.

When you write about that cock sucker David I want to hurl.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 18:37:51 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:39:37a, Brice told us...
>
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:28:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Not always, but much can be prevented with keeping weight in
>>>check, eating right, etc., especially complications, some of which
>>>are made worse by some of the medication, especially when people
>>>take more and more pills and insulin because they don't want to
>>>change their lifestyle at all.

>> Does that mean you can pretty much guarantee not getting diabetes
>> 2 at all by having the right lifestyle and diet?
>>

>It certainly can be lifestyle, but some families are predisposed to
>Type 2 diabetes according to my endocrinologist. In my own case it
>was probably lifstyle, as no one except for one cousin has Type 2
>diabetes. Fortunately mine is extremely well controlled.

I guess some people can get away with anything lifestyle wise and not
suffer any consequences. Lucky genes. But they're probably the
exception.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 11:24:40 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 2:06:01 PM UTC-4, Brice wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:42:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Not always lifestyle, but very, very frequently.
>> >
>> >What adjustment would you suggest for a man who cannot walk
>> >more than 1000 feet (that's about 300 meters), nor at a pace
>> >exceeding a stroll? He will never be capable of exceeding
>> >that performance due to spinal stenosis.

>> My uninformed guess is that to avoid getting diabetes in the first
>> place, losing weight helps, if you're not already at your optimal
>> weight. And the most efficient way to do that is to eat less. No?

>Eat less and/or exercise more.
>
>Honestly, if it were easy, everybody would do it and there wouldn't
>be a $66 billion weight loss industry in the United States.

I'm not saying it's easy. But if a doctor said to me "lose weight or
you'll develop diabetes", that would be a huge motivator. And from my
experience, it's much more efficient to lose weight by eating less,
than by exercising. Not that exercise isn't good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:50:42 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> > It certainly can be lifestyle, but some families are predisposed to
> > Type 2 diabetes according to my endocrinologist. In my own case it
> > was probably lifstyle, as no one except for one cousin has Type 2
> > diabetes. Fortunately mine is extremely well controlled.
> >

> Often when faggot like you writes about food it's enjoyable. When you
> aren't writing about food it is rarely enjoyable.
>
> When you write about that cock sucker David I want to hurl.
>
> Jill

Ok, we all know this really isn't our Jill posting this comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 11:52:03 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ===
>
> I suppose it depends on whether you are type 2 or type 1!
>
> D has type 2 and has no meds. That was down to food. He has been clear for
> so long now that he does have some carbs but his preferences have changed.
> Ie today he wants cauliflower rice as a side.

I think you are correct about that. Congrats on beating diabetes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 1:09:17 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> I've been on them, off them, on them again. Now on them and insulin too. For
> me, food is the least of my issues.

That's unfortunate, but good luck to you!