Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Secret Non-spice Chili Ingredients

In article >,
"Jebediah Kornworthy" > wrote:

> > I use low sodium V-8 juice as a base ingredient for chili.
> > I learned that from a co-worker after his chili recipe took first place
> > in the competition our hospital held at the annual employee picnic. :-)

> Omelet, another great idea. Sometimes people confuse V-8 juice with
> tomato juice and they are different. V-8 juice is called vegetable juice
> and includes many tasty vegetables including celery, one of my favorites.
> I will be trying this in the future. These subtle flavors is what makes
> great
> chili in my opinion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeb

Most welcome! To me, it has many subtle undertones. I hope it works
out for you.

I personally love V-8.
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> Most welcome! To me, it has many subtle undertones. I hope it works
> out for you.
>
> I personally love V-8.

I will have to try that in my meatloaf next time
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote on Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:47:58 -0600:

>> Most welcome! To me, it has many subtle undertones. I hope it works
>> out for you.
>>
>> I personally love V-8.

It's a little funny after all the griping about celery in chilli that
others advocate V-8 juice that tastes of celery. No bad thing, IMHO!
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Scott > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>

> > Most welcome! To me, it has many subtle undertones. I hope it works
> > out for you.
> >
> > I personally love V-8.

> I will have to try that in my meatloaf next time

That's a good idea too! One I had not thought of.