Old 06-10-2018, 04:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My chili secret

I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Thomas wrote:

I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

I use coffee, too...gives it a nice "depth" of flavor. I use Cafe Bustelo Espresso, a small cup provides a nice "kick"...

--
Best
Greg
Old 06-10-2018, 09:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" wrote in message
I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:53:29 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Thomas" wrote in message
I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

Lol, yes, I like hot food, but I wouldn't try that.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 5:53:30 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

I use a touch of mustard but not enough to identify as mustard, and Korean chili pepper powder. Sweet sausage sounds like a good idea. I don't use coffee but I'll try it next time.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2018 9:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

Using "coffee" is no secret.

Marlboro, which I usta smoke, hadda cookbook "pamphlet" out, way back in
the 80s. It was about "chuck wagon cooking", but more importantly, it
hadda lotta recipes using coffee. Even hadda bbq recipe called "Old
Black joe" which was basically mostly strong coffee.

Here's a secret you may not know. I roasted a lotta "decaf" coffee's
(German decaf, SWD decaf, etc) . Only Taster's Choice had any "body".
Taster's Choice was monster in most of my recipes.

I quit using instant coffee when I learned about Nestle's. I need to
get back to using regular coffee, more (moka?).

nb
Old 07-10-2018, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Thomas" wrote in message
I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

A cup of chili powder? That sounds excessive.

Lol, yes, I like hot food, but I wouldn't try that.

Not here. I presume a typo involved.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 5:53:30 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
I use a cup strong coffee
2lb ground
Red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Sweet saugsge
Cup chili powder yes
Etc...

The point is the coffee?
In a pinch i use instant.

I use a touch of mustard but not enough to identify as mustard, and
Korean chili pepper powder. Sweet sausage sounds like a good idea. I
don't use coffee but I'll try it next time.

Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang bang'
bread.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang bang'
bread.

The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with a lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's the breaks.

What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...
Old 08-10-2018, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang
bang' bread.

The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with a
lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The
pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's
the breaks.

What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...

Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.

Carol

Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

dsi1 wrote:

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 8:48:25 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Korean chili pepoper is the perfcet item! I even use it in 'bang
bang' bread.

The chili I made used a half cup of Korean chili pepper powder with
a lb of hamburger. One and a half cups of coffee was also used. The
pepper pretty much destroyed any hint that coffee was added. That's
the breaks.

What the heck is bang bang bread? I like the name...

Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.

Carol

Grr, looks like you have to login for that link. Maybe I missed
somthing...
Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 3:25:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The bits
of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.

Carol

That must be your invention since a web search gives nothing. Speaking of nothing, that's what your link provides. That's okay, your description is good enough. I'd be making it immediately but it looks like I won't be making any bread for a while. These days, carbs are a no-no.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 3:25:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Hehe here it is if I did it right with the site:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...rtDateUploaded

I made more Band Bang bread today. MIght have muffed the upload bit
that's a bread with korean pepper, chives, and black pepper. The
bits of white are the hand dusting flour as it was a sticky dough.

Carol

That must be your invention since a web search gives nothing.
Speaking of nothing, that's what your link provides. That's okay,
your description is good enough. I'd be making it immediately but it
looks like I won't be making any bread for a while. These days, carbs
are a no-no.

It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
didnt share right.

Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:12:49 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
didnt share right.

Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.

I have eaten some carbs recently. What I'm not going to do is bake bread or cook rice. Those are no-nos.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 5:12:49 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

It's ok, there's something i didnt click right on the picture so it
didnt share right.

Carbs are a fad no-no right now. Used correctly, they are a non-issue.

I have eaten some carbs recently. What I'm not going to do is bake bread or
cook rice. Those are no-nos.

==

Which you are doing for your health!