Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cosco Shopping Cooler Bags

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:22:44 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Our local Cosco just received a shipment of their Shopping Cooler Bags.
>They received 320; we bought 3, as we already had 2.
>
>I was told by someone here on RFC that they only get those in every
>couple of yeas or so.
>
>Very handy, expecially for those who live in a hot climate and
>routinely take home a lot of refrigerated and/or frozen items.

What are yours like? I've seen 2 different kinds so far this year and
they were different from the ones last year. Still, the price is
always so reasonable on them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:04:52 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

writes:
>>On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:22:44 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>>
>>>Our local Cosco just received a shipment of their Shopping Cooler Bags.
>>>They received 320; we bought 3, as we already had 2.
>>>
>>>I was told by someone here on RFC that they only get those in every
>>>couple of yeas or so.
>>>
>>>Very handy, expecially for those who live in a hot climate and
>>>routinely take home a lot of refrigerated and/or frozen items.

>>What are yours like? I've seen 2 different kinds so far this year and
>>they were different from the ones last year. Still, the price is
>>always so reasonable on them.

>I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
>bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
>to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
>disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
>didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

You're right. Very Dave Smith, except the condensing of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 12:21:38 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:04:52 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>

> >I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
> >bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
> >to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
> >disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
> >didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

> You're right. Very Dave Smith, except the condensing of course.

Hey, I like Dave's stories. Very entertaining.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:28:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 12:21:38 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:04:52 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
>> >bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
>> >to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
>> >disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
>> >didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

>> You're right. Very Dave Smith, except the condensing of course.
>>

>Hey, I like Dave's stories. Very entertaining.

I'm glad there is a market for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>>On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:22:44 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>>
>>>Our local Cosco just received a shipment of their Shopping Cooler Bags.
>>>They received 320; we bought 3, as we already had 2.
>>>
>>>I was told by someone here on RFC that they only get those in every
>>>couple of yeas or so.
>>>
>>>Very handy, expecially for those who live in a hot climate and
>>>routinely take home a lot of refrigerated and/or frozen items.

>>What are yours like? I've seen 2 different kinds so far this year and
>>they were different from the ones last year. Still, the price is
>>always so reasonable on them.

>I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
>bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
>to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
>disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
>didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

I also have an interesting check out story. The cashier ran my filled
Costco cooler bag across the scanner. I'd had the bag for at least 5
years. The scanner rang it up as a cooler bag and gave a price.
Somewhere, buried within those bags, is a bar code. I've looked all
over the outside and inside and found nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

>>>What are yours like? I've seen 2 different kinds so far this year and
>>>they were different from the ones last year. Still, the price is
>>>always so reasonable on them.

>>I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
>>bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
>>to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
>>disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
>>didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

>I also have an interesting check out story. The cashier ran my filled
>Costco cooler bag across the scanner. I'd had the bag for at least 5
>years. The scanner rang it up as a cooler bag and gave a price.
>Somewhere, buried within those bags, is a bar code. I've looked all
>over the outside and inside and found nothing.

RFID maybe?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 8:13:46 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I also have an interesting check out story. The cashier ran my filled
> Costco cooler bag across the scanner. I'd had the bag for at least 5
> years. The scanner rang it up as a cooler bag and gave a price.
> Somewhere, buried within those bags, is a bar code. I've looked all
> over the outside and inside and found nothing.

It might have an RFID embedded it the plastic. Just feel around for it and then drill a hole through it. That ought to take care of that problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 4:51:18 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 9/21/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
>
> > Hey, I like Dave's stories. Very entertaining.
> >

> I'd like to have Big Niece as a dinner guest. Just once, of course.

If she shows up at your door and puts the feedbag on, secretly film it,
pleeeeeease.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:28:30 -0400, Boron Elgar

writes:

>>>I have a Dave Smith-grade story about getting a free bag (not a cooler
>>>bag, just the regular reusable type). Condensed version: when we got
>>>to the checkout our bag, which had been in my kid's custody, had
>>>disappeared. The cashier took pity on us and gave us a new bag and
>>>didn't charge us for it. When we got back to the car our bag was there.

>>I also have an interesting check out story. The cashier ran my filled
>>Costco cooler bag across the scanner. I'd had the bag for at least 5
>>years. The scanner rang it up as a cooler bag and gave a price.
>>Somewhere, buried within those bags, is a bar code. I've looked all
>>over the outside and inside and found nothing.

>RFID maybe?

I'm thinking so. Must be buried in a seam somewhere.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
> > I'd like to have Big Niece as a dinner guest. Just once, of course.

> She would be welcome here too!

Great guest to invite when you want to clear the fridge and/or
pantry. Just go grocery shopping the day after. LOL

Big Niece stories are my favorite 'Dave Smith' stories. Funny!