Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Costco thermal shopping bags

My Costco had them on an aisle end cap down towards the detergents and
such. They are $6.99. They are very large and sturdy and better
insulated than my Cash and Carry bag. Just thought I would let you
know since this issue comes up occasionally.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/17/2013 3:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
can be stored flat.

I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
memorized.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message

> My Costco had them on an aisle end cap down towards the detergents and
> such. They are $6.99. They are very large and sturdy and better
> insulated than my Cash and Carry bag. Just thought I would let you
> know since this issue comes up occasionally.
> Janet US

I just got mine!!! Ours were up by the registers. Not sure it is any
better than the Rachael Ray bags that I already have but an extra bag is
always nice to have.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:27:54 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> My Costco had them on an aisle end cap down towards the detergents and
> such. They are $6.99. They are very large and sturdy and better
> insulated than my Cash and Carry bag. Just thought I would let you
> know since this issue comes up occasionally.

Trader Joe's sells a very nice quality thermal bag here all year long
and it's never out of stock. I haven't priced the bag because it
doesn't get hot here very often and I live only 5-6 blocks away from
the closest TJ's anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

Flat bottom and the top flares out. Canvas type fabric on the outside. Bag
is narrow enough that it won't hold their squarish packages of cut fruit
very well unless you turn them sideways.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:35:40 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

Collapsed, a side is 25 inches wide and 17 inches high. The bottom
opens flat to 8 inches wide. The bag zips at the top and has an
additional zip pocket on it's front. It has two sturdy strap handles.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 6/17/2013 3:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> > Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
> can be stored flat.
>
> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
> memorized.

Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
even if it cost a bit more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:44:35 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/2013 3:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>> > Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

>> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
>> can be stored flat.
>>
>> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
>> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
>> memorized.
>>

>Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
>http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
>According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
>keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
>ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
>even if it cost a bit more.

No, not those bags, not anything remotely like those bags.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/17/2013 6:44 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young

>> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
>> can be stored flat.
>>
>> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
>> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
>> memorized.
>>

> Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
> http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
> According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
> keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
> ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
> even if it cost a bit more.

That's not the same bag at all. This is the bag:

http://tinypic.com/r/33b3kth/5

Zipper enclosure, very sturdy.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/2013 3:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>> Dimensions? Are they flat bottomed or just two sides joined?

>> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
>> can be stored flat.
>>
>> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
>> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
>> memorized.
>>

> Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
> http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
> According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
> keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
> ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
> even if it cost a bit more.

Those bags are not insulated. They are just carry bags. These are sort of
an oatmeal color and canvas with a bluish trim. Zipper at the top and two
handles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:56:35 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 6/17/2013 6:44 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young

> >> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
> >> can be stored flat.
> >>
> >> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
> >> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
> >> memorized.
> >>

> > Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
> > http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
> > According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
> > keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
> > ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
> > even if it cost a bit more.

> That's not the same bag at all. This is the bag:
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/33b3kth/5
>
> Zipper enclosure, very sturdy.

Thanks. I guess Costco took a clue from Trader Joe's. Other than the
colors, they look alike.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:40:19 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> It's 25 by 16 by 8 (inches). The bottom is gusseted so it
> >> can be stored flat.
> >>
> >> I just got back from Costco a couple of hours ago so it's
> >> sitting right here, I don't actually have the measurements
> >> memorized.
> >>

> > Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
> > http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
> > According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have to
> > keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case, if I
> > ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper closure -
> > even if it cost a bit more.

> Those bags are not insulated. They are just carry bags. These are sort of
> an oatmeal color and canvas with a bluish trim. Zipper at the top and two
> handles.

I've gone to Costco specifically for the insulated bags a couple of
different times when I've see them mentioned here and they were not
in stock at the store I was in looking for them at the time. It's
kind of like going on the proverbial snipe (Spin & Marty).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:40:19 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:38:02 -0400, Nancy Young

>>> Are they open at the top like the bags in this picture?
>>> http://www.ilovecostco.com/reusable-grocery-bag
>>> According to what I read, the seams are not leak proof so you have
>>> to keep a garbage bag in the car to set them on/in. In any case,
>>> if I ever bought an insulated bag, I'd want one with a zipper
>>> closure - even if it cost a bit more.

>> Those bags are not insulated. They are just carry bags. These are
>> sort of an oatmeal color and canvas with a bluish trim. Zipper at
>> the top and two handles.
>>

> I've gone to Costco specifically for the insulated bags a couple of
> different times when I've see them mentioned here and they were not
> in stock at the store I was in looking for them at the time. It's
> kind of like going on the proverbial snipe (Spin & Marty).

I just got mine on Friday. That's the only time I ever saw them. And have
not seen the green bags you posted a pic of for some time. I got mine years
ago and also some similar ones from Winco. But for the most part I find
those not good to use. They are just so large! Once full they can be
difficult to lift. Would be fine for something big like a blanket or
pillows but those things are easy enough to lift on their own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:31:19 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I just got mine on Friday. That's the only time I ever saw them. And have
> not seen the green bags you posted a pic of for some time. I got mine years
> ago and also some similar ones from Winco. But for the most part I find
> those not good to use. They are just so large! Once full they can be
> difficult to lift. Would be fine for something big like a blanket or
> pillows but those things are easy enough to lift on their own.

If I ever need one, I'll buy it from Trader Joe's. They have their
out on display all the time -no hunting required.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:31:19 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I just got mine on Friday. That's the only time I ever saw them. And
>> have
>> not seen the green bags you posted a pic of for some time. I got mine
>> years
>> ago and also some similar ones from Winco. But for the most part I find
>> those not good to use. They are just so large! Once full they can be
>> difficult to lift. Would be fine for something big like a blanket or
>> pillows but those things are easy enough to lift on their own.
>>

> If I ever need one, I'll buy it from Trader Joe's. They have their
> out on display all the time -no hunting required.

I've not seen them there but... I also haven't been in there for probably a
year. I do love my reusable bag though and wish they would go back to that
style. It's red and white plastic. Got it in 2004 and it's still going
strong. I really hate most of the cloth ones. They aren't sturdy. Don't
last and don't wash well. Exception being my red and oatmeal colored Target
bag which the clerks seem to hate. They always use it last. Perhaps
because it is heavy and doesn't stand up like the lighter ones will.

(2008-08-05) NS-RFC: Remembering the shopping bags... ChattyCathy General Cooking 94 10-08-2008 05:53 PM
LV 2008 New bags, LV Damier bags, LV Epi bags, LV Mahina Bags, LVMonogram bags,LV Monogram purses, LV Denim bags,LV Mini Lin bags,LVMulticolore bags,LV Vernis bags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2008 10:07 AM
Thermal Cooking Big Al General Cooking 0 28-08-2006 02:19 AM
Thermal coffee cup Liz Coffee 0 28-10-2004 06:47 PM