Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's dinner.

88 degrees in the house so not cooking much. Thankfully my body is adjusting
nicely to the heat so I don't feel like I'm dying.

I loosely followed this recipe:

https://iowagirleats.com/2016/04/27/...zucchini-rice/

I am making it now. Smells wonderful. Used brown rice instead of white and
larger proportions because it appears that my gardener didn't eat much yet
today. Not from my house anyway, and he was beavering away in the backyard
until after noon so I know he will be ravenous.

I used brown rice instead of white. Added half a bag of shredded carrots
leftover from something else, 3 ribs of chopped celery, a green bell pepper
that somehow got pierced by something so needed to be used up, some parsley,
and at the end will add grated yellow squash in addition to the zucchini.

My Dr. (shut your pie hole Steve) wants me to try avoiding dairy again so I
will take a portion out for myself before I add the butter and Parm. I do
have margarine and various vegan cheeses so I may add a bit of that to my
portion. I find that less is better with the vegan cheeses so if I decide to
do that it will be a very tiny amount.

Will also serve small red beans and TJ's chicken patties. I may not have the
chicken myself. Not much into chicken.

Will see how much rice I get for the end dish. May add green salad if it
looks like not enough.

Also have a case of peaches from TJs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 23:46:41 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 13:20:43 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 7/17/2018 12:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> No. You subliminally wrote it. I just pointed it out.
>>>

>> She does mention him a lot. And saying he's "beavering away" implies
>> he's chewing down brush and trees with his teeth.

>I took it to mean he's munching on bush. Beaver is slang for
>vagina. The original comment was very suggestive in it's choice of
>words.
>
>"it appears that my gardener didn't eat much yet today. Not from my
>house anyway, and he was beavering away in the backyard"

Julie doesn't have to say much to get y'all hot under the collar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 23:46:41 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> She does mention him a lot. And saying he's "beavering away" implies
>>> he's chewing down brush and trees with his teeth.

>>I took it to mean he's munching on bush. Beaver is slang for
>>vagina. The original comment was very suggestive in it's choice of
>>words.
>>
>>"it appears that my gardener didn't eat much yet today. Not from my
>>house anyway, and he was beavering away in the backyard"

> Julie doesn't have to say much to get y'all hot under the collar.

Apparently so!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 11:59:41 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Isn't it just! I never see him unless someone responds. Trust me, he isn't
> worth it.

Thank God for these simple gifts, eh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 11:59:41 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Isn't it just! I never see him unless someone responds. Trust me, he
> isn't
> worth it.

Thank God for these simple gifts, eh?

==

Amen to that)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 7:37 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Gregory Morrow socked up as "GM" wrote:
> Steve is just a troll...maybe it is high time that "someone" troll
> *him*, eh, Ms. O....???
>
> Greg
>
> Aye! Someone ought to give fatty a taste of his on medicine!

Have you seen how fat Gregory "hogboi" Morrow is, you dizzy ****?

https://imgur.com/a/BbBLI LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sheldon "Pussy" Katz

On 7/19/2018 12:34 PM, wrote:

> That's easy peasy... Steven Schwartz.

http://people.yellowbook.com/yellowb...=294&tid=te=TX

Pussy Katz:

https://imgur.com/a/68MTvgy LOL!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote
> > I took it to mean he's munching on bush. Beaver is slang for
> > vagina. The original comment was very suggestive in it's choice of
> > words.

> No it wasn't Steve.
> You just have a dirty mind.

We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"

> Tonight he had roast beef, roasted potatoes, tossed salad with Balsamic
> Vinaigrette and fresh peaches.

Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
same?

I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
before they go bad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> No it wasn't Steve.
>> You just have a dirty mind.

>We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"

All this Beaver talk reminds me of Ipana Toothpaste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0po-g28uTg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote
>> > I took it to mean he's munching on bush. Beaver is slang for
>> > vagina. The original comment was very suggestive in it's choice of
>> > words.

>> No it wasn't Steve.
>> You just have a dirty mind.

> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"
>

>> Tonight he had roast beef, roasted potatoes, tossed salad with Balsamic
>> Vinaigrette and fresh peaches.

> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
> same?
>
> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
> last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
> before they go bad.

All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 4:39 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Sqwertz" > wrote

>>> No it wasn't Steve.
>>> You just have a dirty mind.

>> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"Â*Â*
>>

>>> Tonight he had roast beef, roasted potatoes, tossed salad with Balsamic
>>> Vinaigrette and fresh peaches.

>> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
>> same?Â*
>>
>> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
>> last night. Will have more of the same tonight.Â* After that, I'll
>> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
>> before they go bad.

> All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

If you peel the peaches you don't have to deal with the fuzz.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Sqwertz" > wrote

>>> No it wasn't Steve.
>>> You just have a dirty mind.

>> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"
>>

>>> Tonight he had roast beef, roasted potatoes, tossed salad with Balsamic
>>> Vinaigrette and fresh peaches.

>> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
>> same?
>>
>> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
>> last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
>> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
>> before they go bad.

>All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

eat nectarines instead, it's what I do
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 17:04:02 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"

>>> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
>>> same?
>>>
>>> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
>>> last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
>>> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
>>> before they go bad.

>>All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

>eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

Ditto
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> Peeling peaches is easy, just drop them in boiling water for a few
> seconds then the skin slips off

Would maybe work with fuzzy kiwifruit too? Both are messy to
peel. With kiwi, I just slice them thick, quarter them, then just
bite up to the peel, leaving peel leftovers on plate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:00:27 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Janet wrote:
>>
>> Peeling peaches is easy, just drop them in boiling water for a few
>> seconds then the skin slips off

>Would maybe work with fuzzy kiwifruit too? Both are messy to
>peel. With kiwi, I just slice them thick, quarter them, then just
>bite up to the peel, leaving peel leftovers on plate.

I haven't had one in ages, but don't you just cut them in half and
scoop out the edible part?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>Janet wrote:
>>
>> Peeling peaches is easy, just drop them in boiling water for a few
>> seconds then the skin slips off

>Would maybe work with fuzzy kiwifruit too? Both are messy to
>peel. With kiwi, I just slice them thick, quarter them, then just
>bite up to the peel, leaving peel leftovers on plate.

kiwifruit is easy to peel with a spoon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 2:00:18 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Would maybe work with fuzzy kiwifruit too? Both are messy to
> peel. With kiwi, I just slice them thick, quarter them, then just
> bite up to the peel, leaving peel leftovers on plate.

https://s22.postimg.cc/adeler4dt/How...epare_Kiwi.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:38:16 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> He has actually been helpful to me in the past. Therefore, I do not KF.

> I have? You must have kept it a secret and covered it up by
> shooting down my suggestions.

You mentioned the HEB online shopping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/19/2018 4:39 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"

>>> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
>>> same?
>>>
>>> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
>>> last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
>>> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
>>> before they go bad.

>> All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

> If you peel the peaches you don't have to deal with the fuzz.

They're still yucky to me. I don't like most fruit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> We should all drop that and just "leave it to beaver"

>>> Good grief and YUM. Lucky gardener imo, Julie. Did you eat the
>>> same?
>>>
>>> I had some nice fresh peaches with vanilla yogurt spooned on top
>>> last night. Will have more of the same tonight. After that, I'll
>>> do blueberries with vanilla yogurt.. Need to use the blueberries
>>> before they go bad.

>>All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

> eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

They're equally yucky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>All but the peaches. Can't stand the fuzzy things.

>> eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

>They're equally yucky.

They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
before going off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:27:34 +1000, Druce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

>>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

>>They're equally yucky.

>They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
>all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
>before going off.

Eating a tree ripened fig is as close as it gets to eating a juicy
vagina:
https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...lok i-keyword

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

>> They're equally yucky.

> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
> before going off.

Yes. Green fruit ships better.

And some fruits have only a short time when the are ready to eat. Wild
persimmons, a day or two early are like eating alum. A day or two later,
they are dissolved mush. At the exact time they are ready, they are
wonderful. Unfortunately, deer know the date and hour this happens

Bananas are shipped green as a goose turd and hard as a rock. In a few
days, they ripen and become edible. In a few more days (in a warm
climate), they dissolve.

Then there are some fruit that will NEVER ripen after picking, like
watermelon.

Everything is either yucky or poisonous to our delicate ballerina Julie
Bone ... except getting "beavered" by her gardener, in the back yard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:27:34 +1000, Druce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> They're equally yucky.

>> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
>> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
>> before going off.

> Eating a tree ripened fig is as close as it gets to eating a juicy
> vagina:

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...lok i-keyword

Popeye, yoose has et so many wimmens juicy fruit dat yoose can't
remember half dem hoes.

I bet 99% of de chilluns alive today is yoose chillun.

('Cept for the po ole white wimmens dat yoose don't like.)

I bet yoose has palm trees right next to yoose fig trees too. Do yoose
also grow avocados and other tropical fruit?

We knows dat yoose is the authority on *all* things in agronomy and
vaginas and mammary glands, so we all watches for yoose updates.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:27:36 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:39:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> >> eat nectarines instead, it's what I do

> >They're equally yucky.

> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
> before going off.

Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've preferred
underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened peach, and I'll
pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store nectarines and I'm
in heaven.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:27:36 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >They're equally yucky.

>> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
>> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
>> before going off.

>Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've preferred
>underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened peach, and I'll
>pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store nectarines and I'm
>in heaven.

Good for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:27:36 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >They're equally yucky.

>> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
>> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
>> before going off.

>Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've preferred
>underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened peach, and I'll
>pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store nectarines and I'm
>in heaven.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions. (
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-21 9:10 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
> is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
> the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
> around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions.

We have the same problem in the Niagara Peninsula. It was a fruit belt
for years and every small town had at least one cannery. One by one
they shut down and all that prime fruit growing land has been turned
into housing. There used to be a Welch's bottling plant that produced
grape juice but that is gone too. A couple of large Concord grape
operations started a juice making/bottling plant, but the rest either
ripped out their grapes or converted to wine grape growing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/21/2018 9:10 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
> is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
> the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
> around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions. (

I call them house farms. Used to be able to get fresh corn there,
those days seem to be gone around here.

Still, my house was built on a farm. 65 years ago. Cheap land at
the time, middle of nowhere, they could build reasonably priced
houses. Suffice it to say that's no longer descriptive.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:10:18 AM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:27:36 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> >> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:15:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> >> .. .

> >> They're sour. So are peaches, apricots and often plums.I think they're
> >> all picked unripe so they can lay around in the supermarket longer
> >> before going off.

> >Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've preferred
> >underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened peach, and I'll
> >pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store nectarines and I'm
> >in heaven.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
> is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
> the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
> around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions. (
> Janet US

Well, everybody's different. I've got a sack full of rock-hard
nectarines in the fridge. Looking forward to having one this
afternoon.

I'm sure they were trucked in from somewhere warmer. Stone fruits
are an August thing here.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:10:18 AM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've preferred
>> >underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened peach, and I'll
>> >pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store nectarines and I'm
>> >in heaven.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
>> is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
>> the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
>> around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions. (
>> Janet US

>Well, everybody's different. I've got a sack full of rock-hard
>nectarines in the fridge. Looking forward to having one this
>afternoon.
>
>I'm sure they were trucked in from somewhere warmer. Stone fruits
>are an August thing here.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

It depends which stone fruit (s) and variety. Here Bing cherries come
first in June, followed by apricots in July then peaches (peaches will
go all the way through Sept.) and then come nectarines in late August
and the begins apples..
I used to go to the ranches in sequence and buy a bushel of whatever
was in season. It's good that you appreciate the stuff that doesn't
have you standing over the kitchen sink with juice running down your
wrists, elbows and chin.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school. That
> is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are coming off
> the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many fruit ranches
> around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions. (

Same thing here. Back in the 70's and 80's, so many farms nearby
where you could go pick your own many vegetables and fruit. Long
distant now and all the old local fields are
now....subdivisions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 16:02:36 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sat 21 Jul 2018 06:10:09a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>
>> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>>Which I see as a good thing. Ever since I was a kid, I've
>>>preferred underripe fruit. Show me a sweet, perfectly ripened
>>>peach, and I'll pass. Give me one of those tart grocery-store
>>>nectarines and I'm in heaven.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>> I don't buy nectarines until the kids are going back to school.
>> That is the time (around here at least) that ripe nectarines are
>> coming off the trees. Unfortunately, we used to have many, many
>> fruit ranches around here. Now we have many, many subdivisions.
>> ( Janet US
>>

>Same here. When we lived further out from central Phoenix we were
>surounded by orange and pecan groves. Now there are few. The last
>time we drove through that area it was unrecognizable and filled with
>huge "master planned" communities and mini-malls. Very sad. :-((
>
>When we firt moved to AZ we bought a house in a development 30 miles
>outside of Phoenix and it was the only new development in the area.
>There were only 197 houses. Now that same development has over
>10,000 homes and dozens of similar developments. It was a huge
>disappointment.

there's a lot of 'hidden' money in my city. By that I mean not
readily apparent, no names that stick out. Lot of wealthy retirees
and some drift from the famous ski resort a couple hours away. But
holy cow, the McMansions and gentlemen farmer McRanches! The
McMansions even go up the road to the mountaintop just behind me. I
can't imagine what kind of bucks you have to have to be able to afford
to have your huge home sweet home dug out of the rocks and have
utilities brought in. We're talking an hour's drive just for builders
to get to the site each day. I didn't see any hangars but I sure
would have a helicopter. That road is crazy in the winter and that's
before it is covered with skiers coming and going in a steady stream.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> There's an easier way to skin kiwi, someone posted this on rfc years
> ago and I've used it ever since.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yd7gezql
>
> Janet UK

Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
I have some.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 05:27:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Janet wrote:
>>
>> There's an easier way to skin kiwi, someone posted this on rfc years
>> ago and I've used it ever since.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/yd7gezql
>>
>> Janet UK

>Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
>I have some.

Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 05:27:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> There's an easier way to skin kiwi, someone posted this on rfc years
> >> ago and I've used it ever since.
> >>
> >> https://tinyurl.com/yd7gezql
> >>
> >> Janet UK

> >Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
> >I have some.

> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

(sigh) Another day at RFC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 06:13:54 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Druce wrote:

>> >Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
>> >I have some.

>> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

>(sigh) Another day at RFC.

Let me help: You look left, then right, then left again and then you
go! Could also be right first, depending where in the world you are.
Does that help?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:56:39 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> 88 degrees in the house so not cooking much. Thankfully my body is adjusting
> nicely to the heat so I don't feel like I'm dying.
>
> I loosely followed this recipe:
>
> https://iowagirleats.com/2016/04/27/...zucchini-rice/
>
> I am making it now. Smells wonderful. Used brown rice instead of white and
> larger proportions because it appears that my gardener didn't eat much yet
> today. Not from my house anyway, and he was beavering away in the backyard
> until after noon so I know he will be ravenous.
>
> I used brown rice instead of white. Added half a bag of shredded carrots
> leftover from something else, 3 ribs of chopped celery, a green bell pepper
> that somehow got pierced by something so needed to be used up, some parsley,
> and at the end will add grated yellow squash in addition to the zucchini.
>
> My Dr. (shut your pie hole Steve) wants me to try avoiding dairy again so I
> will take a portion out for myself before I add the butter and Parm. I do
> have margarine and various vegan cheeses so I may add a bit of that to my
> portion. I find that less is better with the vegan cheeses so if I decide to
> do that it will be a very tiny amount.
>
> Will also serve small red beans and TJ's chicken patties. I may not have the
> chicken myself. Not much into chicken.
>
> Will see how much rice I get for the end dish. May add green salad if it
> looks like not enough.
>
> Also have a case of peaches from TJs.

For lunch I had a taco from Taco Bell. My daughter had a kalua pig plate - it was quite good.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cuvXunq6n4nIO8

For dinner we had a mix of Hawaiian, Japanese, and American, food. I would have had some poi but it was gone by the time I found out about it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...j4anQsCrdHjFVV

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Tonight's dinner! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 11 13-11-2010 05:27 AM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 0 15-04-2007 08:38 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 0 15-04-2007 08:02 PM