Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's dinner.

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 03:50:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:56:39 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> 88 degrees in the house so not cooking much. Thankfully my body is adjusting
>> nicely to the heat so I don't feel like I'm dying.
>>
>> I loosely followed this recipe:
>>
>> https://iowagirleats.com/2016/04/27/...zucchini-rice/
>>
>> I am making it now. Smells wonderful. Used brown rice instead of white and
>> larger proportions because it appears that my gardener didn't eat much yet
>> today. Not from my house anyway, and he was beavering away in the backyard
>> until after noon so I know he will be ravenous.
>>
>> I used brown rice instead of white. Added half a bag of shredded carrots
>> leftover from something else, 3 ribs of chopped celery, a green bell pepper
>> that somehow got pierced by something so needed to be used up, some parsley,
>> and at the end will add grated yellow squash in addition to the zucchini.
>>
>> My Dr. (shut your pie hole Steve) wants me to try avoiding dairy again so I
>> will take a portion out for myself before I add the butter and Parm. I do
>> have margarine and various vegan cheeses so I may add a bit of that to my
>> portion. I find that less is better with the vegan cheeses so if I decide to
>> do that it will be a very tiny amount.
>>
>> Will also serve small red beans and TJ's chicken patties. I may not have the
>> chicken myself. Not much into chicken.
>>
>> Will see how much rice I get for the end dish. May add green salad if it
>> looks like not enough.
>>
>> Also have a case of peaches from TJs.

>For lunch I had a taco from Taco Bell. My daughter had a kalua pig plate - it was quite good.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cuvXunq6n4nIO8
>
>For dinner we had a mix of Hawaiian, Japanese, and American, food. I would have had some poi but it was gone by the time I found out about it.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...j4anQsCrdHjFVV

The worst of three worlds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 05:27:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> > Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> There's an easier way to skin kiwi, someone posted this on rfc

> years >> ago and I've used it ever since.
> >>
> >> https://tinyurl.com/yd7gezql
> >>
> >> Janet UK

> > Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
> > I have some.

> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

What are you here for? Just to make a mess of things?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:04:25 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Druce wrote:

>> years >> ago and I've used it ever since.

>> > Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
>> > I have some.

>> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

>What are you here for? Just to make a mess of things?

Make a mess of RFC? Heaven forfend!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Druce wrote:

>> years >> ago and I've used it ever since.

>>> Thanks for that, Janet. I just watched it. I'll do that next time
>>> I have some.

>> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

> What are you here for? Just to make a mess of things?

I thought he was always here to provide ingredient listings and to ****
on anyone who eats any sort of meat?

Maybe I've misunderstood him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:56:39 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> 88 degrees in the house so not cooking much. Thankfully my body is
>> adjusting
>> nicely to the heat so I don't feel like I'm dying.
>>
>> I loosely followed this recipe:
>>
>> https://iowagirleats.com/2016/04/27/...zucchini-rice/
>>
>> I am making it now. Smells wonderful. Used brown rice instead of white
>> and
>> larger proportions because it appears that my gardener didn't eat much
>> yet
>> today. Not from my house anyway, and he was beavering away in the
>> backyard
>> until after noon so I know he will be ravenous.
>>
>> I used brown rice instead of white. Added half a bag of shredded carrots
>> leftover from something else, 3 ribs of chopped celery, a green bell
>> pepper
>> that somehow got pierced by something so needed to be used up, some
>> parsley,
>> and at the end will add grated yellow squash in addition to the zucchini.
>>
>> My Dr. (shut your pie hole Steve) wants me to try avoiding dairy again so
>> will take a portion out for myself before I add the butter and Parm. I do
>> have margarine and various vegan cheeses so I may add a bit of that to my
>> portion. I find that less is better with the vegan cheeses so if I decide
>> do that it will be a very tiny amount.
>>
>> Will also serve small red beans and TJ's chicken patties. I may not have
>> the
>> chicken myself. Not much into chicken.
>>
>> Will see how much rice I get for the end dish. May add green salad if it
>> looks like not enough.
>>
>> Also have a case of peaches from TJs.

> For lunch I had a taco from Taco Bell. My daughter had a kalua pig plate -
> it was quite good.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cuvXunq6n4nIO8
>
> For dinner we had a mix of Hawaiian, Japanese, and American, food. I would
> have had some poi but it was gone by the time I found out about it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...j4anQsCrdHjFVV

I'm fixing to make dinner now. A Spanish rice type thing with ground beef,
veggies and beans. Have a couple of small tamales to serve to the gardener.
They're oddly sweet. More to his liking than mine. He loved the Spam fried
rice the way you told me of. The sweet kind,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 21:19:02 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>> Druce wrote:

>>> years >> ago and I've used it ever since.

>>> Did you really need Janet for that? How do you cross the street?

>> What are you here for? Just to make a mess of things?
>>

>I thought he was always here to provide ingredient listings and to ****
>on anyone who eats any sort of meat?
>
>Maybe I've misunderstood him.

You are correct, mate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 4:25:32 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> I'm fixing to make dinner now. A Spanish rice type thing with ground beef,
> veggies and beans. Have a couple of small tamales to serve to the gardener.
> They're oddly sweet. More to his liking than mine. He loved the Spam fried
> rice the way you told me of. The sweet kind,

I like Mexicans - we don't have nearly enough of them around here. Spanish rice and tamales would suit me just fine. It's not easy to find tamales on this rock. We got more pasteles than tamales here.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...811270311.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> For lunch I had a taco from Taco Bell. My daughter had a kalua pig plate - it was quite good.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cuvXunq6n4nIO8
>
> For dinner we had a mix of Hawaiian, Japanese, and American, food. I would have had some poi but it was gone by the time I found out about it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...j4anQsCrdHjFVV

Very nice medley of food on those plates, imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:36:36 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Very nice medley of food on those plates, imo.

Tonight I made a garlic eggplant dish and some lemongrass chicken. You really have to beat the shit out of that chicken breast to coax some excitement out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1kvXF3mePOGAAy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:36:36 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Very nice medley of food on those plates, imo.

Tonight I made a garlic eggplant dish and some lemongrass chicken. You
really have to beat the shit out of that chicken breast to coax some
excitement out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1kvXF3mePOGAAy

====

Ooh that looks good!!

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 02:19 PM
Tonight's dinner! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 11 13-11-2010 06:27 AM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 0 15-04-2007 08:38 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 0 15-04-2007 08:02 PM