Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

John Kuthe wrote:

> Janet wrote:
> > You might want to consider the effect of your posting history on your
> > prospects as a landlord. What kind of tenant does it attract?
> >
> > Janet UK.

> Yeah, like EVERYONE reads RFC! ;-)

Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:00:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Janet wrote:
>> > You might want to consider the effect of your posting history on your
>> > prospects as a landlord. What kind of tenant does it attract?
>> >
>> > Janet UK.

>> Yeah, like EVERYONE reads RFC! ;-)

>Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
>alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
>tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
>you.

The second hit I get says "John Kuthe of St. Louis, MO is a MORON" and
refers to an RFC thread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:00:05 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
> you.

Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a good idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be Googling my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on my best behavior.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:00:05 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
>> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
>> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
>> you.

> Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a good
> idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be Googling
> my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on my best
> behavior.

======

In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord, make
sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and other
things like that.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:59:31 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord, make
> sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and other
> things like that.
>
> Cheri

These days everybody is checking up on everybody. I'm not saying that's a bad idea but it fosters a general distrust in humanity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:59:31 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
> >
> > In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord, make
> > sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and other
> > things like that.
> >
> > Cheri

> These days everybody is checking up on everybody. I'm not saying that's a bad idea but it fosters a general distrust in humanity.

Isn't that the truth. "1984" was a good story and
prediction...just dated a bit too early. It's certainly that way
now.

We often work in peoples houses that are phone connected to every
darn thing, including cams with mikes everywhere. We don't ever
do anything wrong but I just hate that feeling of always being
watched. They can sit there at work/vacation and at anytime, tune
in on their house. Even when we are alone in a house we know to
talk carefully. It's too much, imo.

Thankfully, I'll retire soon enough and not have to deal with
the spy-generation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:59:31 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>> >
>> > In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
>> > make
>> > sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and other
>> > things like that.
>> >
>> > Cheri

>> These days everybody is checking up on everybody. I'm not saying that's a
>> bad idea but it fosters a general distrust in humanity.

> Isn't that the truth. "1984" was a good story and
> prediction...just dated a bit too early. It's certainly that way
> now.
>
> We often work in peoples houses that are phone connected to every
> darn thing, including cams with mikes everywhere. We don't ever
> do anything wrong but I just hate that feeling of always being
> watched. They can sit there at work/vacation and at anytime, tune
> in on their house. Even when we are alone in a house we know to
> talk carefully. It's too much, imo.
>
> Thankfully, I'll retire soon enough and not have to deal with
> the spy-generation.

Yes, that is exactly true, I feel the same way with all the cameras when out
in public. People born these days will never know the freedom we had as
kids, I'm not saying it's a bad thing for them, but it's certainly not
something I would choose.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:59:31 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
>> make
>> sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and other
>> things like that.
>>
>> Cheri

> These days everybody is checking up on everybody. I'm not saying that's a
> bad idea but it fosters a general distrust in humanity.

=====

Yeah, and very warranted in a lot of cases, me...I go with better safe than
sorry. It's a different world now for sure.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:50:44 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

> =====
>
> Yeah, and very warranted in a lot of cases, me...I go with better safe than
> sorry. It's a different world now for sure.
>
> Cheri

I prefer not to know too much about foods or a person before interacting with either. I'll rely on my own judgement on these things because everyone experiences things differently. OTOH, the kids these days are all about consensus and working together as a group/mob. My generation was the "me" generation, today it's the "us" generation.

Most interactions/transactions with other people don't require doing a background check because the sums involved don't amount to much. Some do, of course. What we have to be careful about is having the fear of not knowing take over our lives.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/20/2018 6:58 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:00:05 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
>>> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
>>> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
>>> you.

>> Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a
>> good idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be
>> Googling my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on
>> my best behavior.*

> ======
>
> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
> make sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and
> other things like that.
>
> Cheri

In this day and age? Of course! If they're reading ads on Craigslist
they are certainly capable of using Google.

I look at those photos and think the place is a huge mess. It would not
attract me as a renter looking to live in a rooming house. I'm
certainly not of the white glove germaphobe set (as inferred). I simply
would not think about renting a room in that place.

It is not comfortable and home-ey is a bit too much. It's just plain
messy. Oh, and he should forget about the damn Hookah. Doesn't make
his place sound cool. It makes it sound like he's a nut.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/20/2018 6:58 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a good
>>> idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be
>>> Googling my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on my
>>> best behavior.

>> ======
>>
>> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
>> make sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and
>> other things like that.
>>
>> Cheri

> In this day and age? Of course! If they're reading ads on Craigslist
> they are certainly capable of using Google.
>
> I look at those photos and think the place is a huge mess. It would not
> attract me as a renter looking to live in a rooming house. I'm certainly
> not of the white glove germaphobe set (as inferred). I simply would not
> think about renting a room in that place.
>
> It is not comfortable and home-ey is a bit too much. It's just plain
> messy. Oh, and he should forget about the damn Hookah. Doesn't make his
> place sound cool. It makes it sound like he's a nut.
>
> Jill

If I saw his posts, and there is a record of them, I would not rent from
him, or even live close to him for that matter. Let's just say he's way
too"ENERGETIC!!!!!!!!!!" to suit me. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 10:56:20 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> ======
>>>
>>> In this day and age I would do a full background check on a landlord,
>>> make sure he wasn't in foreclosure, was the actual property owner and
>>> other things like that.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> In this day and age? Of course! If they're reading ads on Craigslist
>> they are certainly capable of using Google.
>>
>> I look at those photos and think the place is a huge mess. It would not
>> attract me as a renter looking to live in a rooming house. I'm certainly
>> not of the white glove germaphobe set (as inferred). I simply would not
>> think about renting a room in that place.
>>
>> It is not comfortable and home-ey is a bit too much. It's just plain
>> messy. Oh, and he should forget about the damn Hookah. Doesn't make his
>> place sound cool. It makes it sound like he's a nut.
>>
>> Jill

>If I saw his posts, and there is a record of them, I would not rent from
>him, or even live close to him for that matter. Let's just say he's way
>too"ENERGETIC!!!!!!!!!!" to suit me. LOL
>
>Cheri

Doesn't look like a place to relax and study
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 23-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> >
>> > Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>> > PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over
>> someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!

> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating rather
> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.
>

>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in
>> 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit
>> Inspection.

> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD. What
> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few
> hours
> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have
> PTSD,
> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome

LOL CCSFMS, surely the next generation of syndromes.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-23 11:22 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 23-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>>> PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over
>> someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!

> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating rather
> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.
>

>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in
>> 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit
>> Inspection.

> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD. What
> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few hours
> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have PTSD,
> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome

Careful there. You don't dare question anyone claiming to have PTSD.
The term evolved from the shell shock experienced by soldiers who had
been subjected to concussive forces from artillery bombardment and has
evolved into a label for anyone who has had trouble coping with their
environment. We get soldiers who have have lost multiple limbs from
IEDs who are obviously suffering from their experience, and then there
are people like a soldier I read about who is claiming PTSD resulting
from his experiences in Afghanistan. He served in a support position
in a heavily fortified compound that was never attacked, but the cause
of his trauma was seeing other soldiers going out on patrol and coming
back wounded or dead.

I have a lot of sympathy for people who are wounded in combat, and I can
understand the impact of their traumatic injuries can have on their
ability to enjoy life. I think is is major insult to those brave souls
to ascribe the same condition to someone who was never exposed to those
horrors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:02:41 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-07-23 11:22 AM, l not -l wrote:

>>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over
>>> someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>>
>>> **** THAT!

>> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating rather
>> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.
>>

>>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in
>>> 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit
>>> Inspection.

>> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD. What
>> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few hours
>> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have PTSD,
>> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome
>>

>Careful there. You don't dare question anyone claiming to have PTSD.
>The term evolved from the shell shock experienced by soldiers who had
>been subjected to concussive forces from artillery bombardment and has
>evolved into a label for anyone who has had trouble coping with their
>environment. We get soldiers who have have lost multiple limbs from
>IEDs who are obviously suffering from their experience, and then there
>are people like a soldier I read about who is claiming PTSD resulting
>from his experiences in Afghanistan. He served in a support position
>in a heavily fortified compound that was never attacked, but the cause
>of his trauma was seeing other soldiers going out on patrol and coming
>back wounded or dead.
>
>I have a lot of sympathy for people who are wounded in combat, and I can
>understand the impact of their traumatic injuries can have on their
>ability to enjoy life. I think is is major insult to those brave souls
>to ascribe the same condition to someone who was never exposed to those
>horrors.

you must mean PCBT (post concussive brain trauma) Because PTSD is
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Because I know you don't mean to
discount the trauma of someone who was caught in a fire, a horrific
car accident, was raped or had similar life-changing circumstances.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-23 1:49 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 23-Jul-2018, Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating
>>> rather
>>> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.

>>> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD.
>>> What
>>> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few
>>> hours
>>> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have
>>> PTSD,
>>> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome
>>>

>> Careful there. You don't dare question anyone claiming to have PTSD.
>> The term evolved from the shell shock experienced by soldiers who had
>> been subjected to concussive forces from artillery bombardment and has
>> evolved into a label for anyone who has had trouble coping with their
>> environment. We get soldiers who have have lost multiple limbs from
>> IEDs who are obviously suffering from their experience, and then there
>> are people like a soldier I read about who is claiming PTSD resulting
>> from his experiences in Afghanistan. He served in a support position
>> in a heavily fortified compound that was never attacked, but the cause
>> of his trauma was seeing other soldiers going out on patrol and coming
>> back wounded or dead.
>>
>> I have a lot of sympathy for people who are wounded in combat, and I can
>> understand the impact of their traumatic injuries can have on their
>> ability to enjoy life. I think is is major insult to those brave souls
>> to ascribe the same condition to someone who was never exposed to those
>> horrors.

> Have you ever served in a "combat area", in actual combat or as a REMF? I
> was a combat medic and though their exposure was different than mine, many
> REMFs saw hoffifying things that could deeply efffect them psycologically.
> As best I can tell, a year in combat as a medic did not cause me to have
> PTSD; but, I have friends who do have it. Some were medics in evac
> hospitals, I do not question the effect on them. Not all people are
> equipped to handle horrifying things in the same way. A company clerk who
> wrote up orders for Purple Hearts, some postumously, could be effected by
> the daily barrage of medal orders describing all manner of terrible things
> that others directly experienced. Or daily packaging and shipping personal
> effects can scar someone who never came under direct fire. I may deride
> REMFs in general; but, I can also sympathize with those who had difficulty
> coping with what they were exposed to.
>
> Regardless, nothing Kuthe experienced in buying and remedying his home could
> remotely qualify as inducing PTSD.

I have a friend who was a Canadian UN medic in Bosnia and then posted to
Ruwanda. She has severe PTSD and any confrontation with someone of
African heritage or the smell of someone who has poor hygiene can set
off a panic attack. Those and other effects have rendered her unemployable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-24 1:05 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 24-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
>> On 2018-07-24 11:24 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> and these days modern medicine has the ability to save the lives of
>>> many service personnel who would have died from battlefield injuries
>>> years ago. The sad fact is that death in earlier wars winnowed out
>>> many who now suffer PTSD because of the abilities of modern medicine..

>> Many of those who are claiming PTSD were never wounded.

> Jane, you ignorant slut. Oops, I meant Dave, you ignorant troll. I have
> seen my share of wounds and not all of them are physical; psychological
> wounds, especially repeated ones, can be even worse than physical ones. At
> least with physical ones, you can see them and formulate a treatment plan to
> stabilize then repair the damage to the extent possible. Psychological
> wounds are much more problematic because they may not be immediately
> apparent, allowing the wound to fester until the psychic damage is much
> worse.

Excuse the hell out of me, but Janet had explained about how more
battlefield injuries winnowed out many who now suffer PTSD. Those guys
had suffered serious injuries. It is no wonder that so many of them
suffer from what we call PTSD. I have having some difficulty with the
idea that people who were never wounded or never in combat end up with
the same syndrome. Some people can go through several tours of duty and
be involved in numerous fire fights and not have symptoms, while other
people get the same problems from situations that are microscopic in
comparison.

I gave the example of a guy who was claiming PTSD who never saw combat,
but says he was stricken with it because he saw other soldiers coming
back to base dead or wounded.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 9:00:05 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
>> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
>> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
>> you.

> Do tenants usually Google their landlords? I donno. It's probably a good idea though. My guess is that every prospective employer would be Googling my name. They'd be stupid not to. This is why I'm always on my best behavior.

If they are living with them they should!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Gary wrote:

> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > Janet wrote:
> > > You might want to consider the effect of your posting history on your
> > > prospects as a landlord. What kind of tenant does it attract?
> > >
> > > Janet UK.

> > Yeah, like EVERYONE reads RFC! ;-)

> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
> you.

Yup, I just googed "John Kuthe St. Louis", and the first item that popped up was:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...w%5B926-950%5D

The thread is entitled, "John Kuthe of St. Louis MO is a MORON..."

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 2:00:05 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > Janet wrote:
> > > You might want to consider the effect of your posting history on your
> > > prospects as a landlord. What kind of tenant does it attract?
> > >
> > > Janet UK.

> > Yeah, like EVERYONE reads RFC! ;-)

> Try googling, "John Kuthe" sometime. You might want to pick an
> alt name for all your nonsense here. Any of your potential
> tenants might very well do that search and get scared away from
> you.

Hee hee! Back in the day, I Googled my name John Kuthe and the first thing that popped up was that Naked Hippie Float pic Bryan took of me and put a little black X over my penis which I though was funny as heck!

John Kuthe...