Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What do you do with brown rice?

On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 1:38:48 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

>>> Then what do you do with your white rice?

>> When I cook rice (it's more often brown than white) I usually make
>> pilaf, cooking it in broth or stock and adding sauteed vegetables. It
>> can be a side dish for any number of things. The operative word here is
>> *cook*.
>>
>> Jill

> I don't think she has any objection to cooking brown rice. She just
> doesn't want to precook it for dishes like stuffed peppers. Heaven
> only knows why she seems resistant to that.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
whatever reason.

For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
really has no idea what to do with it. Except for "mexican rice" and
stuff like that. Lots of beans involved. Sorry but I don't live off
rice and beans.

I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf. It's
futile but fun!

Jill
Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 1:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> You really should use up (or throw out) some of the stuff in your
>> freezer so you have room for things that you need.
>>
>> Doris
>>

> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time.Â* I
> may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer unit.
> If not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one.Â* It
> wouldn't have to be a particularly large freezer.Â* Mine isn't.

It should be easy to use up the stuff in the freezer since everything is
pre-cooked. She has said that when she cooks all her meat right away and
then stores in the freezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
> whatever reason.
>
> For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
> really has no idea what to do with it.Â* Except for "mexican rice" and
> stuff like that.Â* Lots of beans involved.Â* Sorry but I don't live off
> rice and beans.
>
> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.Â* It's
> futile but fun!

I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
because she doesn't have time. She doesn't work. She spends her days
posting in newsgroups, but doesn't have time ? She rejected the idea of
pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.
How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space? Can't
do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

Yes. It is futile but fun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 22:31:19 UTC+1 schrieb Dave Smith:
> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> > On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
> > whatever reason.
> >
> > For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
> > really has no idea what to do with it.Â* Except for "mexican rice" and
> > stuff like that.Â* Lots of beans involved.Â* Sorry but I don't live off
> > rice and beans.
> >
> > I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.Â* It's
> > futile but fun!

> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
> because she doesn't have time.

Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.

> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
> doesn't have time ?

Where did she write that?

> She rejected the idea of
> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?

> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
freezer section in her fridge?

> Can't
> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
one with capers once and didn't like it.
And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!

> Yes. It is futile but fun.

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:51:46 -0700 (PDT), sanne
> wrote:

>Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 22:31:19 UTC+1 schrieb Dave Smith:
>> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> > On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for

>fake1hatever reason.
>> >
>> > For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
>> > really has no idea what to do with it.* Except for "mexican rice" and
>> > stuff like that.* Lots of beans involved.* Sorry but I don't live off
>> > rice and beans.
>> >
>> > I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.* It's
>> > futile but fun!

>> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
>> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
>> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
>> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
>> because she doesn't have time.

>Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.
>
>> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
>> doesn't have time ?

>Where did she write that?
>
>> She rejected the idea of
>> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

>What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?
>
>> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

>Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
>freezer section in her fridge?
>
>> Can't
>> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
>> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

>She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
>one with capers once and didn't like it.
>And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
>it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!
>> Yes. It is futile but fun.>..

No one has ever seen anything you've cooked either...
LIAR/FAKE! Friggin' LYING Kraut POS!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 5:51 PM, sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 22:31:19 UTC+1 schrieb Dave Smith:
>> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.Â* It's
>>> futile but fun!

>> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
>> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
>> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
>> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
>> because she doesn't have time.

> Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.

I guess you didn't look hard enough. It's Julies MO to ask for
suggestions and then to reject everything offered. I simply sorted the
posts on the thread by subject and read Julie's to see what her
objections would me.

>> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
>> doesn't have time ?

> Where did she write that?

?? She did not right it in this thread. Julie does not work. She has
claimed to have been retired since she was in her 30s. Since it is
highly unlikely that anyone working in retain could retire on a pension
at that age we can read the large print between the lines and see that
she is unemployed.

>> She rejected the idea of
>> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

> What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?

I don't know. It was a a suggestion someone else made and one she rejected.

>> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

> Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
> freezer section in her fridge?

Believe that if you want. She seems to have room for all her cooked
meat because she has claimed here that when she buys meat she cooks it
right away and freezes it.

>> Can't
>> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
>> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

> She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
> one with capers once and didn't like it.
> And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
> it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!

Do yourself a favour and go through the archives and see how many times
Julie has asked for suggestions and then trashed the responses.

>> Yes. It is futile but fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" > wrote in message
> Piggy soup.
>
> Brown 2 lb ground beef and a chopped onion. Drain fat.
>
> Add 28oc can tomato sauce, 28oz diced tomatos. I use campbells tomato soup
> when i dont have tom sauce.
> 1 med cabbage cut your liking
> 6 beef bullion cubes
> Quarter cup brown sugar
> Shake of pepper and a good shake of garlic powder. I use real.
>
> 2 cups brown rice, cooked or not.
> Simmer away.
>
> Sub green peppers for cabbage if pepper soup preferred.

Interesting! Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/16/2018 5:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I'd use it for the same things as white rice. Of course you have to cook
>>> it first. You're one of the few people I know who seems to want to use
>>> uncooked rice in things. You already know brown rice takes longer to
>>> cook. If you're going to use it raw the dish (whatever it is) will need
>>> to have a LOT of liquid and a very long cooking time.

>> Then what do you do with your white rice?

> When I cook rice (it's more often brown than white) I usually make pilaf,
> cooking it in broth or stock and adding sauteed vegetables. It can be a
> side dish for any number of things. The operative word here is *cook*.

Are you implying that I don't cook?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> When I cook rice (it's more often brown than white) I usually make
>>> pilaf, cooking it in broth or stock and adding sauteed vegetables. It
>>> can be a side dish for any number of things. The operative word here is
>>> *cook*.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I don't think she has any objection to cooking brown rice. She just
>> doesn't want to precook it for dishes like stuffed peppers. Heaven
>> only knows why she seems resistant to that.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for whatever
> reason.
>
> For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
> really has no idea what to do with it. Except for "mexican rice" and
> stuff like that. Lots of beans involved. Sorry but I don't live off rice
> and beans.
>
> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf. It's futile
> but fun!

Pilaf is something I'm not too familiar with. I did have it in a restaurant
once. Not sure what made it pilaf. Seemed like regular rice with perhaps
some herbs in it. No veggies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for whatever
>> reason.
>>
>> For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
>> really has no idea what to do with it. Except for "mexican rice" and
>> stuff like that. Lots of beans involved. Sorry but I don't live off rice
>> and beans.
>>
>> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf. It's futile
>> but fun!

> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the accuracy
> of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for suggestions and
> then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades because she
> doesn't have time. She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in
> newsgroups, but doesn't have time ? She rejected the idea of pre cooking
> rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space. How can a
> normal women in her situation not have freezer space? Can't do a rice
> salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like that... so
> I guess all rice salads are off the list.

You fricking liar! I said I didn't have the time? For one thing, I have no
clue where to get grape leaves. For another, those are best served with
Greek food. No? I have had them before. You can buy them preparerd here.

I don't need to precook any rice. Rice is dead easy to make. That wasn't a
helpful suggestion.

Yes, I made rice salad with capers. But I didn't reject rice salad. Just
said it is rather chilly here for cold foods. Remember... I am feeding two
people who are working out in the cold all day and coming home to a cold
building. Takes a while once the heat is turned on to warm it up. For now I
am making mostly hot foods. But Spring will come soon.

> Yes. It is futile but fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sanne" > wrote in message
Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 22:31:19 UTC+1 schrieb Dave Smith:
> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> > On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
> > whatever reason.
> >
> > For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
> > really has no idea what to do with it. Except for "mexican rice" and
> > stuff like that. Lots of beans involved. Sorry but I don't live off
> > rice and beans.
> >
> > I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf. It's
> > futile but fun!

> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
> because she doesn't have time.

Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.

That's because I didn't.

> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
> doesn't have time ?

Where did she write that?

Again... I didn't.

> She rejected the idea of
> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?

There is no sense. I currently *do* have rice in the freezer. Some plain
with maybe a touch of olive oil or butter, can't remember which. And some
beef flavored. Small amounts but they are there for the dog in case I make
something some night that he can't eat.

> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
freezer section in her fridge?

Side by side. So yes, small freezer. I do have an extra small freezer but
there is no sense in freezing a lot of rice.

> Can't
> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
one with capers once and didn't like it.
And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!

> Yes. It is futile but fun.

Bye, Sanne.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/16/2018 7:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 3:09:08 AM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I know. You'll probably say that you don't eat it. I also know that you
>>> can
>>> usually sub it for things you would put white rice in but for some
>>> things,
>>> you'd have to cook it first.
>>>

> (snippage)
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? I don't have to eat it myself so anything goes, except
>>> for
>>> mushrooms or yogurt as those are not well liked here. Thanks!

>> Why don't you cook up a very big pot full of brown rice, then portion it
>> out in containers and freeze it. That way you will have ready cooked
>> brown rice to use in a lot of different recipes. All you have to do is
>> thaw out a container of it and make your dish.
>>

> Before I bpther to read further I can guess she'll say she doesn't have
> the freezer space.

Right and it makes no sense to freeze plain rice. Don't most rice recipes
have you add stuff to the rice as you cook it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/17/2018 9:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 17:51:36 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Why don't you cook up a very big pot full of brown rice, then portion it
>>> out
>>> in containers and freeze it. That way you will have ready cooked brown
>>> rice
>>> to use in a lot of different recipes. All you have to do is thaw out a
>>> container of it and make your dish.
>>>
>>> ----
>>>
>>> No freezer space for that.

>> You really should use up (or throw out) some of the stuff in your
>> freezer so you have room for things that you need.
>>
>> Doris
>>

> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time. I
> may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer unit. If
> not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one. It wouldn't
> have to be a particularly large freezer. Mine isn't.

My chest freezer broke some years ago. It couldn't take the temp. extremes
of the garage. I do have a very small freezer on my little fridge but it
doesn't keep a constant temp. so only blue ice goes in there. The fridge
doesn't keep a constant temp. either so only things like beverages that
don't require refrigeration go in there.

Kitchen fridge is a side by side. Very narrow. Won't hold a frozen pizza
unless it's a very small one. Mostly what I have in there now are the
crustless quiches, breakfast burritos and other heat and eat breakfast
foods. This is so my gardener can help himself as he needs to. I also have
three loaves of bread dough, some biscuits and frozen treats. A little bit
of meat.

I do have a very small upright freezer I always try to keep a few things
like Oncor or Banquet frozen meats, fish sticks, meatballs and some veggies
for stir fry. That freeze will hold perhaps 6 boxes of such proteins and
perhaps 6-8 packages of vegetables. I currently have a case of breakfast
burritos out there that I know the gardener really wants but he does not
know they are there. Not even sure he knows that I have the freezer. I told
him I would get more after some of the other food gets eaten. He just heated
a meal of chicken, beans and potatoes.

Part of the problem is that is that I had bought a lot of food for Angela
but she moved out and didn't take it. I had hoped that the gardener might
eat some of it as it is stuff that I won't eat. It is Mexican stuff but
mostly chicken. It would seem that both he and I prefer beef to chicken.
Anyway... I got her to take some of the stuff with her the other day.

We are to the point now where we are just all going to have to suck it up
and eat stuff that we don't necessarily like or like very much. Reason
being, I had so many people in and out of here, staying here for various
reasons and I had purchased things specifically for them. Two of those
people have since developed medical problems that I won't get into here but
that now prevent them from being able to eat the foods that they love. And
while they loved those foods, we do not. But... We will either eat them or
in some cases, I was able to give some things to friends.

Things will get easier as summer rolls around. I will be planting a garden
this year and we'll eat plenty of salads and other cold foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-03-18 1:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>>> You really should use up (or throw out) some of the stuff in your
>>> freezer so you have room for things that you need.
>>>
>>> Doris
>>>

>> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time. I
>> may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer unit. If
>> not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one. It wouldn't
>> have to be a particularly large freezer. Mine isn't.

> It should be easy to use up the stuff in the freezer since everything is
> pre-cooked. She has said that when she cooks all her meat right away and
> then stores in the freezer.

Bully pucky Dave. I did that once with some buy one get two free meat that
turned out to be horrid. I do cook ground beef to freeze once in a while,
either plain or taco seasoned. Nice to have that for a quick taco salad.
Also used to do plain chicken breasts for Angela. I might have a small
amount of ground beef and perhaps a chicken breast in there now for the dog.
That's about it. I do have 2-3 Oncor or Banquet meats and a package of
meatballs. And some purchased taquitos that are not mine. Gardener's partner
bought those.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:51:46 -0700 (PDT), sanne
> > wrote:

>> fake1hatever reason.

>>> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
>>> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
>>> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
>>> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
>>> because she doesn't have time.

>> Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.
>>
>>> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
>>> doesn't have time ?

>> Where did she write that?
>>
>>> She rejected the idea of
>>> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

>> What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?
>>
>>> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

>> Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
>> freezer section in her fridge?
>>
>>> Can't
>>> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
>>> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

>> She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
>> one with capers once and didn't like it.
>> And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
>> it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!
>>> Yes. It is futile but fun.>..

> No one has ever seen anything you've cooked either...
> LIAR/FAKE! Friggin' LYING Kraut POS!!!

Aw, Penfart, lighten up ... Be nice, and show her yoose pepee yoose keep
talking about, but never post pics

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2018 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Kitchen fridge is a side by side. Very narrow. Won't hold a frozen pizza
> unless it's a very small one. Mostly what I have in there now are the
> crustless quiches, breakfast burritos and other heat and eat breakfast
> foods. This is so my gardener can help himself as he needs to. I also
> have three loaves of bread dough, some biscuits and frozen treats. A
> little bit of meat.

We had a side by side. Terrible design. We didn't have the matching
gardener though.

About two years ago we bought a French door, bottom freezer and drawer.
Much better destgn with or without a gardener.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 23:00:27 UTC+1 schrieb Sheldon:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:51:46 -0700 (PDT), sanne wrote:

> >fake1hatever reason.

> >> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
> >> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
> >> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
> >> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected dolomades
> >> because she doesn't have time.

> >Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.
> >
> >> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
> >> doesn't have time ?

> >Where did she write that?
> >
> >> She rejected the idea of
> >> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer space.

> >What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?
> >
> >> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

> >Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
> >freezer section in her fridge?
> >
> >> Can't
> >> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't like
> >> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

> >She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
> >one with capers once and didn't like it.
> >And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
> >it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never again!
> >> Yes. It is futile but fun.>..

> No one has ever seen anything you've cooked either...
> LIAR/FAKE! Friggin' LYING Kraut POS!!!

Just look me up on maangchi.com, sweetheart. There are pictures, too.

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time.
>> I may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer
>> unit. If not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one.
>> It wouldn't have to be a particularly large freezer.Â* Mine isn't.

> My chest freezer broke some years ago. It couldn't take the temp.
> extremes of the garage. I do have a very small freezer on my little
> fridge but it doesn't keep a constant temp. so only blue ice goes in
> there. The fridge doesn't keep a constant temp. either so only things
> like beverages that don't require refrigeration go in there.

Temperature extremes? You live in Washington, where it does not get
extremely hot or extremely cold.

> Kitchen fridge is a side by side. Very narrow. Won't hold a frozen pizza
> unless it's a very small one. Mostly what I have in there now are the
> crustless quiches, breakfast burritos and other heat and eat breakfast
> foods. This is so my gardener can help himself as he needs to. I also
> have three loaves of bread dough, some biscuits and frozen treats. A
> little bit of meat.

Really? You don't have room for your stuff because it is full of the
gardener's stuff? Seriously? You probably don't see that the way I do.

> I do have a very small upright freezer I always try to keep a few things
> like Oncor or Banquet frozen meats, fish sticks, meatballs and some
> veggies for stir fry. That freeze will hold perhaps 6 boxes of such
> proteins and perhaps 6-8 packages of vegetables. I currently have a case
> of breakfast burritos out there that I know the gardener really wants
> but he does not know they are there.

Haha. This is getting better all the time. I was going to say that you
can't make this stuff up, but apparently you can.

> Not even sure he knows that I have
> the freezer. I told him I would get more after some of the other food
> gets eaten. He just heated a meal of chicken, beans and potatoes.

I had better put my boots on. It is starting to get deep.

> Part of the problem is that is that I had bought a lot of food for
> Angela but she moved out and didn't take it. I had hoped that the
> gardener might eat some of it as it is stuff that I won't eat. It is
> Mexican stuff but mostly chicken. It would seem that both he and I
> prefer beef to chicken. Anyway... I got her to take some of the stuff
> with her the other day.

Okay, you don't have room because you have a lot of chicken stuff and
the guy who is getting free food prefers beef??????

I had made my comment about a person in your position not having freezer
space allowing for your daughter to be living there. But now a single
woman with a side by side fridge freezer and a stand up freezer doesn't
have room in the freezer?????? Really?

> We are to the point now where we are just all going to have to suck it
> up and eat stuff that we don't necessarily like or like very much.

Holy shit. You may actually have to eat the food you bought and put in
your freezer. The horror.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time.
>>> I may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer
>>> unit. If not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one.
>>> It wouldn't have to be a particularly large freezer. Mine isn't.

>> It should be easy to use up the stuff in the freezer since everything
>> is pre-cooked. She has said that when she cooks all her meat right
>> away and then stores in the freezer.

> Bully pucky Dave. I did that once with some buy one get two free meat
> that turned out to be horrid.

How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your habit of
buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately. You have tried
lying about this sort of stuff in the past and others have dug up your
old posts and proving that you had indeed posted the things that you
later denied. For example, there was the matter of me mentioning that
you had claimed to be a writer. You said that you were not a writer and
never had been and never said that you were. Someone else looked into
the archives and dug our past posts where you had indeed said that you
were a writer. Your clever defense to that was that you did not remember
having posted that. It might have sounded like an easy out for you but
it left normal people wondering if you lied about being a writer or if
you lied about not remembering.

> I do cook ground beef to freeze once in a
> while, either plain or taco seasoned.

Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and froze it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:33:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
>> whatever reason.
>>
>> For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears she
>> really has no idea what to do with it.* Except for "mexican rice" and
>> stuff like that.* Lots of beans involved.* Sorry but I don't live off
>> rice and beans.
>>
>> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.* It's
>> futile but fun!

>I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those you
>used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
>accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired....

Talk about getting tired... Did you know that if a thread doesn't
interest you, you can skip it? That beats adding the same old bitchy
reponses year in year out. I know how you feel. I could write those
posts for you. I know them by heart. Before I even read them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-18 9:13 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:33:44 -0400, Dave Smith

> Talk about getting tired... Did you know that if a thread doesn't
> interest you, you can skip it? That beats adding the same old bitchy
> reponses year in year out. I know how you feel. I could write those
> posts for you. I know them by heart. Before I even read them.

You could do the same.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news
> On 3/18/2018 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Kitchen fridge is a side by side. Very narrow. Won't hold a frozen pizza
>> unless it's a very small one. Mostly what I have in there now are the
>> crustless quiches, breakfast burritos and other heat and eat breakfast
>> foods. This is so my gardener can help himself as he needs to. I also
>> have three loaves of bread dough, some biscuits and frozen treats. A
>> little bit of meat.

> We had a side by side. Terrible design. We didn't have the matching
> gardener though.
>
> About two years ago we bought a French door, bottom freezer and drawer.
> Much better destgn with or without a gardener.

I wish. I have a small, crappy kitchen and limited space for the fridge. If
at some point I could swing an entire kitchen redo, I would somehow make
more room for a fridge. The one I have is the only one that would fit in
that space. I could get an old timey top freezer kind but that would be too
small for my needs and would leave a stupid amount of room on the sides.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
news
> On 2018-03-18 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time. I
>>> may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer unit.
>>> If not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one. It
>>> wouldn't have to be a particularly large freezer. Mine isn't.

>> My chest freezer broke some years ago. It couldn't take the temp.
>> extremes of the garage. I do have a very small freezer on my little
>> fridge but it doesn't keep a constant temp. so only blue ice goes in
>> there. The fridge doesn't keep a constant temp. either so only things
>> like beverages that don't require refrigeration go in there.

> Temperature extremes? You live in Washington, where it does not get
> extremely hot or extremely cold.

Oh yeah? We had record high heat the other day and broke several records
last summer. This place is not like it used to be. I have used the heat more
this winter than ever before.

The freezer I used to have was supposed to be kept in an area with a
constant temp. and that was approx. 70 degrees. So that thing wouldn't have
even worked in the house since summer temps often exceed that.

Alas I was not told of this when I bought the freezer. Only learned of it
when I got it home and set it up. But... It was a gift so I thought I'd try
it. I go a few years of use out of it so it wasn't a bad deal.

>> Kitchen fridge is a side by side. Very narrow. Won't hold a frozen pizza
>> unless it's a very small one. Mostly what I have in there now are the
>> crustless quiches, breakfast burritos and other heat and eat breakfast
>> foods. This is so my gardener can help himself as he needs to. I also
>> have three loaves of bread dough, some biscuits and frozen treats. A
>> little bit of meat.

> Really? You don't have room for your stuff because it is full of the
> gardener's stuff? Seriously? You probably don't see that the way I do.

I don't want to see *anything* the way *you* do.

I lived alone for many years. And what did I have in my freezer? Quite
often, nothing at all. I was a vegetarian (or almost mostly) during those
years. Bought little to no meat at all. I might have had a little blue ice
but often nothing in terms of food. If I did have anything, it was
croquettes, muffins or biscuits. I once made a huge batch of potsickers and
froze the extra. Those were not vegetarian. Then there was that time when I
was really poor and froze the spaghetti with sauce to take to work to heat
in the microwave. And the time that I bought the vegan frozen meals by Linda
McCartney.

Currently I don't have much at all in the freezer for me alone. There is the
frozen bread dough and the biscuits. Too many biscuits only because I didn't
realize that I had some and bought some more. Those will be used up shortly.
I do like to keep that sort of thing in the colder months in case I get
snowed in. But mostly I have no need for the freezer for myself except for
some blue ice.

>> I do have a very small upright freezer I always try to keep a few things
>> like Oncor or Banquet frozen meats, fish sticks, meatballs and some
>> veggies for stir fry. That freeze will hold perhaps 6 boxes of such
>> proteins and perhaps 6-8 packages of vegetables. I currently have a case
>> of breakfast burritos out there that I know the gardener really wants but
>> he does not know they are there.

> Haha. This is getting better all the time. I was going to say that you
> can't make this stuff up, but apparently you can.

I didn't make it up. I am not going to go out there and take a pic of it but
here's the Amazon listing:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>> Not even sure he knows that I have the freezer. I told him I would get
>> more after some of the other food gets eaten. He just heated a meal of
>> chicken, beans and potatoes.

> I had better put my boots on. It is starting to get deep.

Yeah it is because you're the cause of it all, shit kicker Dave.

>> Part of the problem is that is that I had bought a lot of food for Angela
>> but she moved out and didn't take it. I had hoped that the gardener might
>> eat some of it as it is stuff that I won't eat. It is Mexican stuff but
>> mostly chicken. It would seem that both he and I prefer beef to chicken.
>> Anyway... I got her to take some of the stuff with her the other day.

> Okay, you don't have room because you have a lot of chicken stuff and the
> guy who is getting free food prefers beef??????

Where did I say that I have a lot of chicken? I said that I bought Mexican
stuff that was mostly chicken. Angela took that the other day because I
won't eat any of it and it didn't appear that he would.

> I had made my comment about a person in your position not having freezer
> space allowing for your daughter to be living there. But now a single
> woman with a side by side fridge freezer and a stand up freezer doesn't
> have room in the freezer?????? Really?

She's not living here and the type of side by side I have does not have much
room in either side. I don't need the freezer for myself. Once in a while I
will buy Brewla bars when it's hot. I do have an ice machine. I can live
without those. If I had to, I could make do with the little one. Fact is, I
am making food for others and filling the freezer with what they want to
eat.

>> We are to the point now where we are just all going to have to suck it up
>> and eat stuff that we don't necessarily like or like very much.

> Holy shit. You may actually have to eat the food you bought and put in
> your freezer. The horror.

I'm not eating stuff from the freezer. I'll eat the canned stuff. A lot of
the freezer stuff has egg in it and I can't eat that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sanne" wrote in message

Am Sonntag, 18. März 2018 23:00:27 UTC+1 schrieb Sheldon:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:51:46 -0700 (PDT), sanne wrote:

> >fake1hatever reason.

> >> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even those
> >> you
> >> used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they realized the
> >> accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired.... asking for
> >> suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she rejected
> >> dolomades
> >> because she doesn't have time.

> >Where? I looked carefully and couldn't find a post from her saying so.
> >
> >> She doesn't work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but
> >> doesn't have time ?

> >Where did she write that?
> >
> >> She rejected the idea of
> >> pre cooking rice and storing it because she does not have freezer
> >> space.

> >What's the sense in cooking a big batch of rice and freezing it?
> >
> >> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?

> >Because she only has a small freezer or - even worse - only a small
> >freezer section in her fridge?
> >
> >> Can't
> >> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she didn't
> >> like
> >> that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.

> >She didn't say she wouldn't make one - she only mentioned that she had
> >one with capers once and didn't like it.
> >And - btw - she's not the only one who tried something once, didn't like
> >it for whatever reason and tried it years or decades later or never
> >again!
> >> Yes. It is futile but fun.>..

> No one has ever seen anything you've cooked either...
> LIAR/FAKE! Friggin' LYING Kraut POS!!!

Just look me up on maangchi.com, sweetheart. There are pictures, too.

Bye, Sanne.

==

Good recipes there

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-03-18 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> It should be easy to use up the stuff in the freezer since everything is
>>> pre-cooked. She has said that when she cooks all her meat right away and
>>> then stores in the freezer.

>> Bully pucky Dave. I did that once with some buy one get two free meat
>> that turned out to be horrid.

> How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your habit of
> buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately. You have tried lying
> about this sort of stuff in the past and others have dug up your old posts
> and proving that you had indeed posted the things that you later denied.
> For example, there was the matter of me mentioning that you had claimed to
> be a writer. You said that you were not a writer and never had been and
> never said that you were. Someone else looked into the archives and dug
> our past posts where you had indeed said that you were a writer. Your
> clever defense to that was that you did not remember having posted that.
> It might have sounded like an easy out for you but it left normal people
> wondering if you lied about being a writer or if you lied about not
> remembering.

That was supposed to read "bull pucky" bit oh my a Freudian slip! You are in
fact a bully.

See... I mention something once. Something that happened ONCE! And *you* act
like it's a common occurance in this house. Are you by chance a Taurus. Not
only are they bulls but very stubborn.

I do write things off and on. I am currently writing and no, not gonna post
a link to where my stuff is listed. I never posted that I never said I was
a writer. I have published works you bullish, bullying dimbawally!

>> I do cook ground beef to freeze once in a while, either plain or taco
>> seasoned.

> Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and froze it.

Nonsense. I mentioned the cooking of all the meat I purchased once. I did
that ONCE! It was a cut of pork I was unfamiliar with from Albertsons and it
was buy one get two free. Also some pre-seasoned steak. Also buy one get two
free. This was many years ago when Angela was taking dance daily and many
hours at that. I precooked it so I could leave some in the fridge and ready
to eat for my then husband. The problem? I was told that the meat was
horrible. The person who told me to buy it promised me that it was good.
This was during the time frame when Albertsons was being bought out and
traded around and I assumed that perhaps they had a new meat supplier as
their meat had always been horrible. The person who told me to buy the meat
did buy some herself and took it to where my dad was living. The residents
there told me that the meat was horrible so it wasn't just Angela and my
then husband who said so. The person who told me to buy the meat does not
cook and did not try it. I didn't try it either. Would you try meat if you
were told it was horrible?

Albertsons has since made some changes. They now do have some good meat but
only some. Such as branded grass fed beef and branded chicken. I believe
they have had the branded chicken for some time. I will buy those things and
also things like bacon, sausage, lunch meat, etc. That being said, I rarely
shop there any more so rarely buy anything from them.

Used to be convenient for me because they were near the dance studio. Dance
studio is no longer there and Angela no longer dances.

Now go find someone else to bully. Preferably someone not in this newsgroup!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 7:18:49 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-03-18 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message

> >> She allegedly uses up stuff to make room in the freezer all the time.
> >> I may be mistaken, but I don't think she has a stand-alone freezer
> >> unit. If not, it sure sounds like she could benefit from having one.
> >> It wouldn't have to be a particularly large freezer.Â* Mine isn't.

> > My chest freezer broke some years ago. It couldn't take the temp.
> > extremes of the garage. I do have a very small freezer on my little
> > fridge but it doesn't keep a constant temp. so only blue ice goes in
> > there. The fridge doesn't keep a constant temp. either so only things
> > like beverages that don't require refrigeration go in there.

> Temperature extremes? You live in Washington, where it does not get
> extremely hot or extremely cold.

If it gets cold enough to snow, the garage might be too cold for a
freezer's compressor.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-19 4:27 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>> How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your habit of
>> buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately.Â* You have tried
>> lying about this sort of stuff in the past and others have dug up your
>> old posts and proving that you had indeed posted the things that you
>> later denied. For example, there was the matter of me mentioning that
>> you had claimed to be a writer. You said that you were not a writer
>> and never had been and never said that you were. Someone else looked
>> into the archives and dug our past posts where youÂ* had indeed said
>> that you were a writer. Your clever defense to that was that you did
>> not remember having posted that. It might have sounded like an easy
>> out for you but it left normal people wondering if you lied about
>> being a writer or if you lied about not remembering.
>>

> That was supposed to read "bull pucky" bit oh my a Freudian slip! You
> are in fact a bully.
>
> See... I mention something once. Something that happened ONCE! And *you*
> act like it's a common occurance in this house. Are you by chance a
> Taurus. Not only are they bulls but very stubborn.
>
> I do write things off and on. I am currently writing and no, not gonna
> post a link to where my stuff is listed.Â* I never posted that I never
> said I was a writer. I have published works you bullish, bullying
> dimbawally!

Oh? So you are going to lie about that too?

>>> I do cook ground beef to freeze once in a while, either plain or taco
>>> seasoned.

>> Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and froze it.

> Nonsense. I mentioned the cooking of all the meat I purchased once. I
> did that ONCE! It was a cut of pork I was unfamiliar with from
> Albertsons and it was buy one get two free.

Actually, you wrote that you always do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
15.223...

On Mon 19 Mar 2018 06:31:51a, Dave Smith told us...

> On 2018-03-19 4:27 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your
>>> habit of buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately.Â
>>> You have tried lying about this sort of stuff in the past and
>>> others have dug up your old posts and proving that you had
>>> indeed posted the things that you later denied. For example,
>>> there was the matter of me mentioning that you had claimed to be
>>> a writer. You said that you were not a writer and never had been
>>> and never said that you were. Someone else looked into the
>>> archives and dug our past posts where you had indeed said
>>> that you were a writer. Your clever defense to that was that you
>>> did not remember having posted that. It might have sounded like
>>> an easy out for you but it left normal people wondering if you
>>> lied about being a writer or if you lied about not remembering.
>>>

>> That was supposed to read "bull pucky" bit oh my a Freudian slip!
>> You are in fact a bully.
>>
>> See... I mention something once. Something that happened ONCE!
>> And *you* act like it's a common occurance in this house. Are you
>> by chance a Taurus. Not only are they bulls but very stubborn.
>>
>> I do write things off and on. I am currently writing and no, not
>> gonna post a link to where my stuff is listed. I never posted
>> that I never said I was a writer. I have published works you
>> bullish, bullying dimbawally!

> Oh? So you are going to lie about that too?

>>> Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and
>>> froze it.

>> Nonsense. I mentioned the cooking of all the meat I purchased
>> once. I did that ONCE! It was a cut of pork I was unfamiliar with
>> from Albertsons and it was buy one get two free.

> Actually, you wrote that you always do it.

Dave, have't you had enough "fun"? This is getting tiresome, at
best, and I won't be reading any more your crap like this. You
should know, of course, that nobody else really gives a damn about
your rants!

Wayne Boatwright

==

Well said!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 00:00:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 18 Mar 2018 02:33:44p, Dave Smith told us...
>
>> On 2018-03-18 4:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> On 3/18/2018 3:08 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> She certainly doesn't sound like she wants to cook the rice, for
>>> whatever reason.
>>>
>>> For all her posts about rice, brown, white, whatever, it appears
>>> she really has no idea what to do with it.Â* Except for "mexican
>>> rice" and stuff like that.Â* Lots of beans involved.Â* Sorry but
>>> I don't live off rice and beans.
>>>
>>> I've already told her as did you and others about rice pilaf.Â*
>>> It's futile but fun!

>> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even
>> those you used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they
>> realized the accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired....
>> asking for suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she
>> rejected dolomades because she doesn't have time. She doesn't
>> work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but doesn't have
>> time ? She rejected the idea of pre cooking rice and storing it
>> because she does not have freezer space.
>> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?
>> Can't
>> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she
>> didn't like that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.
>>

>> Yes. It is futile but fun.
>>

>Whoever said she is a normal woman?

And you're a normal male?!?!? Faggots may be male but no way are they
ever men.

Julie is a very normal female, she birthed a daughter which makes her
also a very normal woman.

Right now I have a pot of white rice cooking for my wife. White rice
is traditional for her Belizean culture, she enjoys white rice but I
rarely eat any. And neither of us eats brown rice, we both agree
brown rice is like rice someone ate and shit out.

Tonight's dinner will be the last of the fried chicken cutlets I
cooked, she will have hers with white rice and I will have mine with a
nuked red skinned spud.
Only thing makes cooking difficult is that she can't eat onyuns... or
I'd have used the LO chicken to make chicken chow mein. Actually she
likes onyuns but when she eats any they repeat on her for days.
to me the enigma is she can eat raw garlic no problem but not onyuns
raw or cooked... I've met many people like that before.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-03-19 4:27 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your habit of
>>> buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately. You have tried
>>> lying about this sort of stuff in the past and others have dug up your
>>> old posts and proving that you had indeed posted the things that you
>>> later denied. For example, there was the matter of me mentioning that
>>> you had claimed to be a writer. You said that you were not a writer and
>>> never had been and never said that you were. Someone else looked into
>>> the archives and dug our past posts where you had indeed said that you
>>> were a writer. Your clever defense to that was that you did not remember
>>> having posted that. It might have sounded like an easy out for you but
>>> it left normal people wondering if you lied about being a writer or if
>>> you lied about not remembering.
>>>

>> That was supposed to read "bull pucky" bit oh my a Freudian slip! You are
>> in fact a bully.
>>
>> See... I mention something once. Something that happened ONCE! And *you*
>> act like it's a common occurance in this house. Are you by chance a
>> Taurus. Not only are they bulls but very stubborn.
>>
>> I do write things off and on. I am currently writing and no, not gonna
>> post a link to where my stuff is listed. I never posted that I never said
>> I was a writer. I have published works you bullish, bullying dimbawally!

> Oh? So you are going to lie about that too?

Wherer is the lie? Do you want me to repost my Haiku about Baklava? That one
the USA today Haiku contest. I'm sure Gary remembers it. Every response that
I made after I posted it before was written as Haiku. He is the one that
told me to stop.

>>> Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and froze it.

>> Nonsense. I mentioned the cooking of all the meat I purchased once. I did
>> that ONCE! It was a cut of pork I was unfamiliar with from Albertsons and
>> it was buy one get two free.

> Actually, you wrote that you always do it.

I never said that. And I never do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 00:00:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:

>>> I used to get hassled for exposing her BS, but these days even
>>> those you used to dump on me are doing the same. I guess they
>>> realized the accuracy of my comments. Her MO is getting tired....
>>> asking for suggestions and then rejecting them. In this case she
>>> rejected dolomades because she doesn't have time. She doesn't
>>> work. She spends her days posting in newsgroups, but doesn't have
>>> time ? She rejected the idea of pre cooking rice and storing it
>>> because she does not have freezer space.
>>> How can a normal women in her situation not have freezer space?
>>> Can't
>>> do a rice salad because she once had one with capers and she
>>> didn't like that... so I guess all rice salads are off the list.
>>>

>>> Yes. It is futile but fun.
>>>

>>Whoever said she is a normal woman?

> And you're a normal male?!?!? Faggots may be male but no way are they
> ever men.
>
> Julie is a very normal female, she birthed a daughter which makes her
> also a very normal woman.
>
> Right now I have a pot of white rice cooking for my wife. White rice
> is traditional for her Belizean culture, she enjoys white rice but I
> rarely eat any. And neither of us eats brown rice, we both agree
> brown rice is like rice someone ate and shit out.
>
> Tonight's dinner will be the last of the fried chicken cutlets I
> cooked, she will have hers with white rice and I will have mine with a
> nuked red skinned spud.
> Only thing makes cooking difficult is that she can't eat onyuns... or
> I'd have used the LO chicken to make chicken chow mein. Actually she
> likes onyuns but when she eats any they repeat on her for days.
> to me the enigma is she can eat raw garlic no problem but not onyuns
> raw or cooked... I've met many people like that before.

I'm making beef stew.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-03-18 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > It should be easy to use up the stuff in the freezer since
> > > everything is pre-cooked. She has said that when she cooks all
> > > her meat right away and then stores in the freezer.

> > Bully pucky Dave. I did that once with some buy one get two free
> > meat that turned out to be horrid.

> How dare you call me a bully for daring to mention about your habit
> of buying meat and cooking and freezing it immediately. You have
> tried lying about this sort of stuff in the past and others have dug
> up your old posts and proving that you had indeed posted the things
> that you later denied. For example, there was the matter of me
> mentioning that you had claimed to be a writer. You said that you
> were not a writer and never had been and never said that you were.
> Someone else looked into the archives and dug our past posts where
> you had indeed said that you were a writer. Your clever defense to
> that was that you did not remember having posted that. It might have
> sounded like an easy out for you but it left normal people wondering
> if you lied about being a writer or if you lied about not remembering.
>
> > I do cook ground beef to freeze once in a while, either plain or
> > taco seasoned.

> Yeah right. You said that you cooked all the fresh meat and froze it.

Besides the conversation, I thought I'd add that some types and the
circumstances make it sensible.

My friend Susan fixes meals for from 7-15 every time. It's a big
extended family and they all live within 4-5 houses of each other.
While some of it is a family 'pot luck style' (where others take turns
bring things), they also contribute to the budget.

As a result, Susan does a lot of 'cook once, eat many' type dishes.
Commonly ground beef will be cooked right away and drained then frozen
in suitable amounts. This not only in the long run saves time in her
case, but it also takes up less space since the fat has been drained
off.

When cooking one ham, she says she's apt to cook a second at the same
time then break it down and freeze the 2nd one for other dishes.

Makes sense in her case and not related to what Julie does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:22:04 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>My friend Susan fixes meals for from 7-15 every time. It's a big
>extended family and they all live within 4-5 houses of each other.
>While some of it is a family 'pot luck style' (where others take turns
>bring things), they also contribute to the budget.
>
>As a result, Susan does a lot of 'cook once, eat many' type dishes.
>Commonly ground beef will be cooked right away and drained then frozen
>in suitable amounts. This not only in the long run saves time in her
>case, but it also takes up less space since the fat has been drained
>off.
>
>When cooking one ham, she says she's apt to cook a second at the same
>time then break it down and freeze the 2nd one for other dishes.

I do the ground beef thing. It's hard to find a package of ground beef
less than 500 grams, and that's to much for us, so I'll fry it all up
and freeze half for a different meal.

And I sometimes will pre-cook meat if I've had it out of the freezer
for a bit too long. I got out a package of chicken breasts a couple of
days ago and put them in the fridge. For various reasons, I didn't use
them. So I diced them up and sauteed them, then stuck them in ziploc
bags and put them back in the freezer.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Dienstag, 20. März 2018 14:21:07 UTC+1 schrieb Gary:
> sanne wrote:
> >
> > Just look me up on maangchi.com, sweetheart. There are pictures, too.

> Is that you? The korean lady/chef?

Thank you, but - no.
I just use the same nick (sanne; short form of my name) there.

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sanne wrote:

> Just look me up on maangchi.com, sweetheart. There are pictures, too.

Is that you? The korean lady/chef?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:21:03 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>sanne wrote:
>>
>> Just look me up on maangchi.com, sweetheart. There are pictures, too.

>Is that you? The korean lady/chef?

Did you watch the videos, she's very cute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Wherer is the lie? Do you want me to repost my Haiku about Baklava? That one
> the USA today Haiku contest. I'm sure Gary remembers it. Every response that
> I made after I posted it before was written as Haiku. He is the one that
> told me to stop.

haha Julie I *DO* remember that time when every response you
made to all picking on you (mostly) was in Haiku format. That was
quite a few years ago. You were cracking me up with that. I don't
remember asking you to stop but if I did it was most likely said
in the spirit of fun. Like someone being so funny that you beg
them to stop so you can stop laughing. :-D

Back on the Subject line. I went for about 2 years eating quite a
bit of brown rice in various recipes. I finally got so damn sick
of that taste that I quit and haven't bought any in quite a few
years now. The few times I make rice now, it's just plain long
grain white rice.

About the only thing I use rice for lately is the occasional
Chinese food or with stuffed peppers which is also a rarety here.