Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gnocchi

D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
anything different?

Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

--
http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Tomato sauce with some meat in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Tomato sauce with some meat in it.

==

A bol sauce?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:31:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?

DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 4:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>
> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Lobster sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l.which.is.quite.invalid...

wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?

DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.

---

Yum

How do you make yours? I just use the usual potato, flour and eggs. Do you
add anything else?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news
On 1/21/2018 4:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>
> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Lobster sauce.

==

That sounds good Share your recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.

Jill

==

It's just potato, flour and egg. I don't really weight it but I could find
one with measurements if you want?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 8:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news >
> On 1/21/2018 4:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>
>> --
>> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>>

> Lobster sauce.
>
> ==
>
> That sounds good Share your recipe?

Sorry, it has been too long. Internet will have some. I remember rich
lobster stock, cream, and pieces of lobster.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 8:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Opinicus" wrote in message
> l.which.is.quite.invalid...
>
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:31:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?

> DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.
>
> ---
>
> Yum
>
> How do you make yours? I just use the usual potato, flour and eggs. Do you
> add anything else?

Sometimes I add a bit or ricotta to lighten it up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news
On 1/21/2018 8:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news >
> On 1/21/2018 4:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>
>> --
>> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>>

> Lobster sauce.
>
> ==
>
> That sounds good Share your recipe?

Sorry, it has been too long. Internet will have some. I remember rich
lobster stock, cream, and pieces of lobster.

==

Np, I can search Thanks for the idea

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.

Jill

==

It's just potato, flour and egg. I don't really weight it but I could find
one with measurements if you want?

==

Ok, found this! Just the way I make mine)

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-21 5:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>
> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I have made them but my favourite is a commercial brand that is
flavoured with truffle oil. I just either butter them or moisten with a
good EVOO.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news
On 1/21/2018 8:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Opinicus" wrote in message
> l.which.is.quite.invalid...
>
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:31:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?

> DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.
>
> ---
>
> Yum
>
> How do you make yours? I just use the usual potato, flour and eggs. Do
> you
> add anything else?

Sometimes I add a bit or ricotta to lighten it up.

==

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-21 5:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>
> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I have made them but my favourite is a commercial brand that is
flavoured with truffle oil. I just either butter them or moisten with a
good EVOO.
Graham

==

Ok I haven't tried those. Maybe one day)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote in message news

On 21-Jan-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
> anyone do
> anything different?

Browned butter and sage

> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the
> sauce?

Green beans sauteed in olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
blend with a bit of shaved parmesan on top.

==

Nice, thanks))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 8:07 AM, Opinicus wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:31:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?

> DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.

And...parmesan crusted please!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 8:19 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 1/21/2018 4:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>
>> --
>> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>>

> Lobster sauce.

Oh heck yes!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 10:16 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 21-Jan-2018, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
>> anyone do
>> anything different?

> Browned butter and sage
>

>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the
>> sauce?

> Green beans sauteed in olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
> blend with a bit of shaved parmesan on top.

+1!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"esta vieja casa" wrote in message news
On 1/21/2018 8:07 AM, Opinicus wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:31:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?

> DRENCHED in garlic butter with lots of chopped fresh parsley.

And...parmesan crusted please!

==

Yummmm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 11:33 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Here comes Sheldon ....
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:57:01 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-01-21 5:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi.* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>
>> --
>> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>I have made them but my favourite is a commercial brand that is
>flavoured with truffle oil. I just either butter them or moisten with a
>good EVOO.

Truffle oil in prefab products is often not made from truffles, but a
side product of the petrochemical industry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 12:03 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:57:01 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-21 5:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>>> anything different?
>>>
>>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>>
>>> --
>>> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> I have made them but my favourite is a commercial brand that is
>> flavoured with truffle oil. I just either butter them or moisten with a
>> good EVOO.

> Truffle oil in prefab products is often not made from truffles, but a
> side product of the petrochemical industry.

That is why truffles and their fake oil smell like propane to me. Very
similar chemical to the odorant added to propane.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
> do anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Oh I hope you don't hate on me! I'll be off the main beaten path for
this one. Don calls them little pillows of heaven.

Here's one of many that I think suit the less spicy type of eating 'DH'
and you seem to like.

Cook the amount of Gnocci that you plan to serve. 1/2c each is fairly
common. Set to side so stays warm.

Melt 1 stick of real butter gently, do not allow to brown. Stir in 1ts
(to 2ts) corn starch (if unavailable, can use sifted flour) and stir
slowly until it thickens just a little. Add 3-5 green onion bottoms
(skipping stalks more than 4 inches above the bulb and reserving those
for something else). Mince very finely 2-3 garlic cloves. Add 1/8ts
white pepper (white mostly for looks, can use black ok). Add 8oz pack
of defrosted imitation crab/lobster meat trying to keep it as much
together in larger pieces. At this stage, if you want more 'gravy' add
1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream and be very gentle with stirring so as to not
break up the meat too much as it comes to heat. Serve over gnocchi.

This isnt a thick sauce recipe nor is it intended to be.

Alternative, in same water you heated the Gnocchi, add 3lb mussels
(shell on) then remove (discard any that didnt open). Add to sauce
above at the end step drizzling the sauce among the inner mussel meats
and gnocchi. This one isnt as pretty with frozen mussel meats but
works just fine.

For garnish with either, red bell peppers in strips work well (can be
cooked in sauce or left crunchy, both work).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
>> anyone do anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

> Tomato sauce with some meat in it.
>
> ==
>
> A bol sauce?

Gnocchi a la Bolognese is great. But any sauce goes with it. I
wouldn't always put cheese or anything else on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Cheese sauce? I use tomato. If for me, nothing else except maybe a salad but
most people would want meat with that. Bruce would be an exception.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
> do anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Oh I hope you don't hate on me! I'll be off the main beaten path for
this one. Don calls them little pillows of heaven.

Here's one of many that I think suit the less spicy type of eating 'DH'
and you seem to like.

Cook the amount of Gnocci that you plan to serve. 1/2c each is fairly
common. Set to side so stays warm.

Melt 1 stick of real butter gently, do not allow to brown. Stir in 1ts
(to 2ts) corn starch (if unavailable, can use sifted flour) and stir
slowly until it thickens just a little. Add 3-5 green onion bottoms
(skipping stalks more than 4 inches above the bulb and reserving those
for something else). Mince very finely 2-3 garlic cloves. Add 1/8ts
white pepper (white mostly for looks, can use black ok). Add 8oz pack
of defrosted imitation crab/lobster meat trying to keep it as much
together in larger pieces. At this stage, if you want more 'gravy' add
1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream and be very gentle with stirring so as to not
break up the meat too much as it comes to heat. Serve over gnocchi.

This isnt a thick sauce recipe nor is it intended to be.

Alternative, in same water you heated the Gnocchi, add 3lb mussels
(shell on) then remove (discard any that didnt open). Add to sauce
above at the end step drizzling the sauce among the inner mussel meats
and gnocchi. This one isnt as pretty with frozen mussel meats but
works just fine.

For garnish with either, red bell peppers in strips work well (can be
cooked in sauce or left crunchy, both work).

==

Thanks very much! What did you mean about, hate on you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message news
Ophelia wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
>> anyone do anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

> Tomato sauce with some meat in it.
>
> ==
>
> A bol sauce?

Gnocchi a la Bolognese is great. But any sauce goes with it. I
wouldn't always put cheese or anything else on it.

=

Thanks very much)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message news

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
> anything different?
>
> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

Cheese sauce? I use tomato. If for me, nothing else except maybe a salad but
most people would want meat with that. Bruce would be an exception.

==

Well I am not feeding Bruce ... thank goodness <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 11:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
>> do anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>

> What kind of gnocchi?Â* Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> It's just potato, flour and egg.Â* I don't really weight it but I could
> find one with measurements if you want?

That's okay. You answered my question, it's potato gnocchi. I'd
like it with a cheese sauce, too!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Ophelia"Â* wrote in message ...
>

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
>> do anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>

> What kind of gnocchi?Â* Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> It's just potato, flour and egg.Â* I don't really weight it but I could find
> one with measurements if you want?
>
> ==
>
> Ok, found this!Â* Just the way I make mine)
>
> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx

Thank you!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/22/2018 6:37 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia"Â* wrote in message ...
>>

>> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
>>> do anything different?
>>>
>>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>>

>> What kind of gnocchi?Â* Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
>> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It's just potato, flour and egg.Â* I don't really weight it but I could find
>> one with measurements if you want?

>> ==
>>
>> Ok, found this!Â* Just the way I make mine)
>>
>> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx
>>

> Thank you!
>
> Jill

Ah, but how to you process your potatoes, once cooked? Ricer? Masher?
Mixer? For this small quantity of potatoes, I would use a ricer.

Love the idiotic comment that they couldn't try this recipe because
potatoes vary in size so much!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>> anything different?
>>
>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>

> What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> It's just potato, flour and egg. I don't really weight it but I could
> find
> one with measurements if you want?
>
> ==
>
> Ok, found this! Just the way I make mine)
>
> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx

Thank you!

Jill
==

You are very welcome

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message news
On 1/22/2018 6:37 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
>>> do anything different?
>>>
>>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>>

>> What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
>> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It's just potato, flour and egg. I don't really weight it but I could
>> find
>> one with measurements if you want?

>> ==
>>
>> Ok, found this! Just the way I make mine)
>>
>> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx
>>

> Thank you!
>
> Jill

Ah, but how to you process your potatoes, once cooked? Ricer? Masher?
Mixer? For this small quantity of potatoes, I would use a ricer.

Love the idiotic comment that they couldn't try this recipe because
potatoes vary in size so much!

==

I just mash them. I did have a rice somewhere ... if I had it I would use
it dammit. The potato would be lighter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/22/2018 11:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia"Â* wrote in message ...
>>

>> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> D has requested gnocchi.Â* I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone
>>> do anything different?
>>>
>>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>>

>> What kind of gnocchi?Â* Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
>> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It's just potato, flour and egg.Â* I don't really weight it but I could
>> find
>> one with measurements if you want?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Ok, found this!Â* Just the way I make mine)
>>
>> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx
>>

> Thank you!
>
> Jill
> ==
>
> You are very welcome

I have never made gnocchi. I remember having spinach gnocchi in a very
popular (at the time) Italian restaurant years ago. I went there for
dinner with some co-workers. The spinach gnocchi was served with a
cream sauce, garlic, basil, oregano and sprinkled with grated fresh
Parmesan cheese. Tasty!

I like spinach. One of these days I may try to make spinach gnocchi.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/22/2018 11:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> On 1/21/2018 11:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 1/21/2018 7:31 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does anyone do
>>> anything different?
>>>
>>> Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?
>>>

>> What kind of gnocchi? Potato gnocchi, spinach gnocchi, squash gnocchi.
>> I'd love to see your recipe for gnocchi.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It's just potato, flour and egg. I don't really weight it but I could
>> find
>> one with measurements if you want?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Ok, found this! Just the way I make mine)
>>
>> http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1585/...e-gnocchi.aspx
>>

> Thank you!
>
> Jill
> ==
>
> You are very welcome

I have never made gnocchi. I remember having spinach gnocchi in a very
popular (at the time) Italian restaurant years ago. I went there for
dinner with some co-workers. The spinach gnocchi was served with a
cream sauce, garlic, basil, oregano and sprinkled with grated fresh
Parmesan cheese. Tasty!

I like spinach. One of these days I may try to make spinach gnocchi.

Jill
==

Play with it. You might find you enjoy it It is very soothing, rolling
those little ball against a fork to make a pretty pattern <g> I do it when
i am listening to something I enjoy Hey and then you have dinner)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
> > anyone do anything different?
> >
> > Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

> Oh I hope you don't hate on me! I'll be off the main beaten path for
> this one. Don calls them little pillows of heaven.
>
> Here's one of many that I think suit the less spicy type of eating
> 'DH' and you seem to like.
>
> Cook the amount of Gnocci that you plan to serve. 1/2c each is fairly
> common. Set to side so stays warm.
>
> Melt 1 stick of real butter gently, do not allow to brown. Stir in 1ts
> (to 2ts) corn starch (if unavailable, can use sifted flour) and stir
> slowly until it thickens just a little. Add 3-5 green onion bottoms
> (skipping stalks more than 4 inches above the bulb and reserving those
> for something else). Mince very finely 2-3 garlic cloves. Add 1/8ts
> white pepper (white mostly for looks, can use black ok). Add 8oz pack
> of defrosted imitation crab/lobster meat trying to keep it as much
> together in larger pieces. At this stage, if you want more 'gravy'
> add 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream and be very gentle with stirring so as to
> not break up the meat too much as it comes to heat. Serve over
> gnocchi.
>
> This isnt a thick sauce recipe nor is it intended to be.
>
> Alternative, in same water you heated the Gnocchi, add 3lb mussels
> (shell on) then remove (discard any that didnt open). Add to sauce
> above at the end step drizzling the sauce among the inner mussel meats
> and gnocchi. This one isnt as pretty with frozen mussel meats but
> works just fine.
>
> For garnish with either, red bell peppers in strips work well (can be
> cooked in sauce or left crunchy, both work).
>
> ==
>
> Thanks very much! What did you mean about, hate on you?

LOL, only that I was going very non-mainstream with a recipe. Some
folks don't like to see that. You however are cool with it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > D has requested gnocchi. I always put a cheese sauce on, does
> > anyone do anything different?
> >
> > Also, do you serve them with anything else as well as the sauce?

> Oh I hope you don't hate on me! I'll be off the main beaten path for
> this one. Don calls them little pillows of heaven.
>
> Here's one of many that I think suit the less spicy type of eating
> 'DH' and you seem to like.
>
> Cook the amount of Gnocci that you plan to serve. 1/2c each is fairly
> common. Set to side so stays warm.
>
> Melt 1 stick of real butter gently, do not allow to brown. Stir in 1ts
> (to 2ts) corn starch (if unavailable, can use sifted flour) and stir
> slowly until it thickens just a little. Add 3-5 green onion bottoms
> (skipping stalks more than 4 inches above the bulb and reserving those
> for something else). Mince very finely 2-3 garlic cloves. Add 1/8ts
> white pepper (white mostly for looks, can use black ok). Add 8oz pack
> of defrosted imitation crab/lobster meat trying to keep it as much
> together in larger pieces. At this stage, if you want more 'gravy'
> add 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream and be very gentle with stirring so as to
> not break up the meat too much as it comes to heat. Serve over
> gnocchi.
>
> This isnt a thick sauce recipe nor is it intended to be.
>
> Alternative, in same water you heated the Gnocchi, add 3lb mussels
> (shell on) then remove (discard any that didnt open). Add to sauce
> above at the end step drizzling the sauce among the inner mussel meats
> and gnocchi. This one isnt as pretty with frozen mussel meats but
> works just fine.
>
> For garnish with either, red bell peppers in strips work well (can be
> cooked in sauce or left crunchy, both work).
>
> ==
>
> Thanks very much! What did you mean about, hate on you?

LOL, only that I was going very non-mainstream with a recipe. Some
folks don't like to see that. You however are cool with it!

==

Not something known to me.