Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 40% of food....guess what?

....gets wasted.

At least in the US.

I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
> ...gets wasted.
>
> At least in the US.
>
> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>

> Lenona.

I don't believe that for a minute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
>> ...gets wasted.
>>
>> At least in the US.
>>
>> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV
>> wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a
>> new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips
>> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to
>> say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But
>> there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>>

>> Lenona.
>>

> I don't believe that for a minute.

Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very little is
ever wasted.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> ...gets wasted.
>
> At least in the US.
>
> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV
> wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a
> new one as a surprise.)
>
> https://www.savethefood.com/tips
>

> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say
> to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's
> obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>

> Lenona.

I didn't read it. It's probably more of that fake news.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 4:28 PM, wrote:
> ...gets wasted.
>
> At least in the US.
>
> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>

> Lenona.

Much food is tossed on appearance alone but some of the ugliest looking
veggies are the best tasting. I also know people that will not eat
leftovers. Half a roast beef or chicken goes into the trash, the only
crime being it was not eaten at the first serving.

I'll spend a lot of money to buy the best ingredients, but I plan ahead
and don't toss anything. Tonight's dinner will be another dinner and at
least one lunch. I hate waste, but a lot of people just don't care.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 1/14/2018 4:28 PM, wrote:
> > ...gets wasted.
> >
> > At least in the US.
> >
> > I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

> > I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
> >

> > Lenona.
> >

> Much food is tossed on appearance alone but some of the ugliest looking
> veggies are the best tasting. I also know people that will not eat
> leftovers. Half a roast beef or chicken goes into the trash, the only
> crime being it was not eaten at the first serving.
>
> I'll spend a lot of money to buy the best ingredients, but I plan ahead
> and don't toss anything. Tonight's dinner will be another dinner and at
> least one lunch. I hate waste, but a lot of people just don't care.

Those "people" are called "millennials", Ed...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The REAL Cheri wrote:

> "Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
> news
> > On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
> >> ...gets wasted.
> >>
> >> At least in the US.
> >>
> >> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV
> >> wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a
> >> new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips
> >> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to
> >> say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But
> >> there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
> >>

> >> Lenona.
> >>

> > I don't believe that for a minute.

> Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very little is
> ever wasted.

Yeah, but think"school lunches", etc...and as I mentioned to Ed below, "millennials", they seem to waste a lot...they will just casually take a bite of something they've prepared or been served, and toss it away...

We skew older, and our parents ingrained us with the "waste not, want not" philosophy...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 18:18:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/14/2018 4:28 PM, wrote:
>> ...gets wasted.
>>
>> At least in the US.
>>
>> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

>> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>>

>> Lenona.
>>

>Much food is tossed on appearance alone but some of the ugliest looking
>veggies are the best tasting. I also know people that will not eat
>leftovers. Half a roast beef or chicken goes into the trash, the only
>crime being it was not eaten at the first serving.

I find that so strange and yet I know two people who do just that. I
find there are many things, like stew, which are far tastier second
time around. My grandmother wouldn't allow us to waste or leave
anything. You didn't have to take something if you thought you didn't
like it, but once on your plate, it HAD to be eaten, or else.

>I'll spend a lot of money to buy the best ingredients, but I plan ahead
>and don't toss anything. Tonight's dinner will be another dinner and at
>least one lunch. I hate waste, but a lot of people just don't care.

Don't waste became ingrained because of rationing but I feel it's a
good habit in the long run. We have green bins in the basement for
food waste composting and sometimes I am quite shocked when I open the
lid to dump spud peeling, tops and tails of carrots etc. and see what
others in this building consider waste!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 15:37:10 -0800 (PST), Steve La Wertz
> wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Much food is tossed on appearance alone but some of the ugliest looking
>> veggies are the best tasting. I also know people that will not eat
>> leftovers. Half a roast beef or chicken goes into the trash, the only
>> crime being it was not eaten at the first serving.
>>
>> I'll spend a lot of money to buy the best ingredients, but I plan ahead
>> and don't toss anything. Tonight's dinner will be another dinner and at
>> least one lunch. I hate waste, but a lot of people just don't care.

>Those "people" are called "millennials", Ed...

There was a time when Ed and Greg were 25 and the biddies and
fuddyduddies of those days were complaining about them. It's the way
of the world, so complain away! Aren't those millennials terrible?!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 14:44:09 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
>>> ...gets wasted.
>>>
>>> At least in the US.
>>>
>>> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old TV
>>> wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I received a
>>> new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips
>>> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to
>>> say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But
>>> there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>>>

>>> Lenona.
>>>

>> I don't believe that for a minute.

>Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very little is
>ever wasted.
>
>Cheri

Nothing here is wasted, I'm very frugal with food, and any food that
isn't eaten goes to feed critters... there's never a scrap of anything
edible that goes in my trash... even a grain of rice goes to feed
critters.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 5:44 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
>>> ...gets wasted.
>>>
>>> At least in the US.
>>>
>>> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old
>>> TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I
>>> received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips
>>> * I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new
>>> to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see.
>>> (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these
>>> tips!)
>>>

>>> Lenona.
>>>

>> I don't believe that for a minute.

> Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very
> little is ever wasted.
>
> Cheri

I try my darndest not to waste food. That's why I have a small separate
freezer.

What used to disturb me was the waste from the restaurant kitchen when I
worked at Red Lobster (I'm talking 1981). For example, baked potatoes.
The kitchen manager would have to guestimate how many baked potatoes to
have on hand for the night. You can't exactly ask a guest to wait an
hour for a baked potato. They hated to 86 them since it was one of only
three possible side dishes (way back then). At the end of the night
there were often a lot of baked potatoes left. I remember asking what
they did with them. The manager told me they throw them out. I asked
why they don't donate them to a soup kitchen or something. He told me
health regulations wouldn't allow it. Risk of improper storage or some
such thing. I was appalled. I also asked, "Why can't you let the staff
take a few home?" Also against health department regulations.

Hell, for all I know he was selling them out of the back of his car.
But I really do think they threw them away. Hopefully things have
changed in the ensuing decades.

Note: If I'd been allowed to take a few leftover baked spuds home I'd
have turned them into baked potato soup.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 6:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> ...gets wasted.
>>
>> At least in the US.
>>
>> I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My old
>> TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it - but I
>> received a new one as a surprise.)
>>
>> https://www.savethefood.com/tips
>>

>> I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new to
>> say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll see. (But
>> there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T using these tips!)
>>

>> Lenona.

> I didn't read it. It's probably more of that fake news.

It wasn't "news", per se. It was tips about not wasting food.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
> news
> > On 1/14/2018 1:28 PM, wrote:
> > > ...gets wasted.
> > >
> > > At least in the US.
> > >
> > > I saw an ad for this site more than once on TV this morning. (My
> > > old TV wasn't working for ages - and I didn't really miss it -
> > > but I received a new one as a surprise.)

https://www.savethefood.com/tips
> > > I'm in a rush, so I don't know yet if this will have anything new
> > > to say to the average person here - never mind tightwads. We'll
> > > see. (But there's obviously no shortage of people who AREN'T
> > > using these tips!)
> > >

> > > Lenona.
> > >

> > I don't believe that for a minute.

> Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very
> little is ever wasted.
>
> Cheri

Sensationalist crap for the masses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2018 10:20 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:28:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> The manager told me they throw them out. I asked
>> why they don't donate them to a soup kitchen or something. He told me
>> health regulations wouldn't allow it. Risk of improper storage or some
>> such thing. I was appalled. I also asked, "Why can't you let the staff
>> take a few home?" Also against health department regulations.

> There are no health regulations that prevent a restaurant from
> donating extra food to community kitchens, soup lines, and most
> certainly not to employees as long as it is done safely and in good
> faith.
>
> A restaurant usually has less liability donating food to charity than
> they do selling and serving the food.
>
> But as a restaurant owner/manager I would not donate hot/warm baked
> potatoes unless I know that they were going to be eaten within an hour
> or two and stored properly in the meantime. They aren't exactly the
> most resilient food item you can donate.
>
> -sw

Didn't I mention risk of improper storage or some such thing? Probably
because they would need to be used quickly. Perhaps it was a decision
he made, but he mentioned the health department regs.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/14/2018 5:44 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message
>> news

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

>>> I don't believe that for a minute.

>> Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very little
>> is ever wasted.
>>
>> Cheri

> I try my darndest not to waste food. That's why I have a small separate
> freezer.
>
> What used to disturb me was the waste from the restaurant kitchen when I
> worked at Red Lobster (I'm talking 1981). For example, baked potatoes.
> The kitchen manager would have to guestimate how many baked potatoes to
> have on hand for the night. You can't exactly ask a guest to wait an hour
> for a baked potato. They hated to 86 them since it was one of only three
> possible side dishes (way back then). At the end of the night there were
> often a lot of baked potatoes left. I remember asking what they did with
> them. The manager told me they throw them out. I asked why they don't
> donate them to a soup kitchen or something. He told me health regulations
> wouldn't allow it. Risk of improper storage or some such thing. I was
> appalled. I also asked, "Why can't you let the staff take a few home?"
> Also against health department regulations.
>
> Hell, for all I know he was selling them out of the back of his car. But I
> really do think they threw them away. Hopefully things have changed in
> the ensuing decades.
>
> Note: If I'd been allowed to take a few leftover baked spuds home I'd
> have turned them into baked potato soup.
>
> Jill

I think things have changed a lot since then, most stores and things donate
to food banks etc., at least in the area I'm in, I imagine restaurants do
too. We've always been big on leftovers so nothing really goes to waste, I
like to cook ahead a lot of times with leftovers as a plan. I can't imagine
throwing good food out.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 10:56 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 00:04:35 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> There are no health regulations that prevent a restaurant from
>>> donating extra food to community kitchens, soup lines, and most
>>> certainly not to employees as long as it is done safely and in good
>>> faith.
>>>
>>> A restaurant usually has less liability donating food to charity than
>>> they do selling and serving the food.
>>>
>>> But as a restaurant owner/manager I would not donate hot/warm baked
>>> potatoes unless I know that they were going to be eaten within an hour
>>> or two and stored properly in the meantime. They aren't exactly the
>>> most resilient food item you can donate.
>>>

>> Didn't I mention risk of improper storage or some such thing? Probably
>> because they would need to be used quickly. Perhaps it was a decision
>> he made, but he mentioned the health department regs.

> Like I said, there's no standard law that prevents one from donating
> any specific kind of food. But of course some foods are more
> susceptible to spoilage.
>
> They probably had leftover biscuits at the end of the night, too. And
> I'm sure he would have quoted the same non-existent health regulation
> as the reason for not doing those, too.
>
> -sw

You mean those cheese biscuits? When I worked there they hadn't come up
with that idea yet. I remember all too well having to ask "baked
potato, french fries or rice?" and "salad or cole slaw?" Those were the
options. Of course all the seafood meals also included hushpuppies.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:43:12 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 1/14/2018 5:44 PM, Cheri wrote:

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

>>> Neither do I, at least based on the people I personally know. Very little
>>> is ever wasted.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I try my darndest not to waste food. That's why I have a small separate
>> freezer.
>>
>> What used to disturb me was the waste from the restaurant kitchen when I
>> worked at Red Lobster (I'm talking 1981). For example, baked potatoes.
>> The kitchen manager would have to guestimate how many baked potatoes to
>> have on hand for the night. You can't exactly ask a guest to wait an hour
>> for a baked potato. They hated to 86 them since it was one of only three
>> possible side dishes (way back then). At the end of the night there were
>> often a lot of baked potatoes left. I remember asking what they did with
>> them. The manager told me they throw them out. I asked why they don't
>> donate them to a soup kitchen or something. He told me health regulations
>> wouldn't allow it. Risk of improper storage or some such thing. I was
>> appalled. I also asked, "Why can't you let the staff take a few home?"
>> Also against health department regulations.
>>
>> Hell, for all I know he was selling them out of the back of his car. But I
>> really do think they threw them away. Hopefully things have changed in
>> the ensuing decades.
>>
>> Note: If I'd been allowed to take a few leftover baked spuds home I'd
>> have turned them into baked potato soup.
>>
>> Jill

>I think things have changed a lot since then, most stores and things donate
>to food banks etc., at least in the area I'm in, I imagine restaurants do
>too. We've always been big on leftovers so nothing really goes to waste, I
>like to cook ahead a lot of times with leftovers as a plan. I can't imagine
>throwing good food out.
>
>Cheri

I just tossed one large lonely baked potato and a quarter of a large
butternut squash into my yard, not enough for potato soup but will
make a hungry doe happy... in a few hours it'll be fully composted and
returned to enrich my soil.
I almost always cook with leftovers planned... last night's dinner was
kielbasa and beans, enough for tonight and maybe another meal. We
don't mind eating the same thing twice./thrice in a row. Kielbasa can
always become an omelet with a side of beans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.savethefood.com/tips

> >> I try my darndest not to waste food. That's why I have a small separate
> >> freezer.
> >>
> >> What used to disturb me was the waste from the restaurant kitchen when I
> >> worked at Red Lobster (I'm talking 1981). For example, baked potatoes.
> >> The kitchen manager would have to guestimate how many baked potatoes to
> >> have on hand for the night. You can't exactly ask a guest to wait an hour
> >> for a baked potato. They hated to 86 them since it was one of only three
> >> possible side dishes (way back then). At the end of the night there were
> >> often a lot of baked potatoes left. I remember asking what they did with
> >> them. The manager told me they throw them out. I asked why they don't
> >> donate them to a soup kitchen or something. He told me health regulations
> >> wouldn't allow it. Risk of improper storage or some such thing. I was
> >> appalled. I also asked, "Why can't you let the staff take a few home?"
> >> Also against health department regulations.
> >>
> >> Hell, for all I know he was selling them out of the back of his car. But I
> >> really do think they threw them away. Hopefully things have changed in
> >> the ensuing decades.
> >>
> >> Note: If I'd been allowed to take a few leftover baked spuds home I'd
> >> have turned them into baked potato soup.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >I think things have changed a lot since then, most stores and things donate
> >to food banks etc., at least in the area I'm in, I imagine restaurants do
> >too. We've always been big on leftovers so nothing really goes to waste, I
> >like to cook ahead a lot of times with leftovers as a plan. I can't imagine
> >throwing good food out.
> >
> >Cheri

> I just tossed one large lonely baked potato and a quarter of a large
> butternut squash into my yard, not enough for potato soup but will
> make a hungry doe happy... in a few hours it'll be fully composted and
> returned to enrich my soil.
> I almost always cook with leftovers planned... last night's dinner was
> kielbasa and beans, enough for tonight and maybe another meal. We
> don't mind eating the same thing twice./thrice in a row. Kielbasa can
> always become an omelet with a side of beans.

And that doe can become several nice pot roasts along with
vegetables.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> I just tossed one large lonely baked potato and a quarter of a large
> butternut squash into my yard, not enough for potato soup but will
> make a hungry doe happy... in a few hours it'll be fully composted and
> returned to enrich my soil.
> I almost always cook with leftovers planned... last night's dinner was
> kielbasa and beans, enough for tonight and maybe another meal. We
> don't mind eating the same thing twice./thrice in a row. Kielbasa can
> always become an omelet with a side of beans.

Food that is given to animals is not wasted IMO, only if it's perfectly good
and thrown in the garbage. I made pork roast, rice, and sauerkraut
yesterday, we will have that again today.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:55:33 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Of course not, they don't know how to cook. But that doesn't stop
> them from buying over priced food at over rated restaurants and then
> just pick at it leaving most uneaten.
> Not cooking does not translate to not wasting... those who don't/can't
> cook waste the most food.
> I don't waste food (or anything else) simply because I was raised by
> parents who until the day they died lived like the Great Depression
> never ended... I was taught at a very young age how to straighten bent
> nails, and I still fill jars with straightened bent nails... and many
> jars with all sorts of salvage hardware.

You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 2:46 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:55:33 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Of course not, they don't know how to cook. But that doesn't stop
>> them from buying over priced food at over rated restaurants and then
>> just pick at it leaving most uneaten.
>> Not cooking does not translate to not wasting... those who don't/can't
>> cook waste the most food.
>> I don't waste food (or anything else) simply because I was raised by
>> parents who until the day they died lived like the Great Depression
>> never ended... I was taught at a very young age how to straighten bent
>> nails, and I still fill jars with straightened bent nails... and many
>> jars with all sorts of salvage hardware.

> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

"We all have it coming kid..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwuulUQpxw

:-/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:55:33 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Of course not, they don't know how to cook. But that doesn't stop
>> them from buying over priced food at over rated restaurants and then
>> just pick at it leaving most uneaten.
>> Not cooking does not translate to not wasting... those who don't/can't
>> cook waste the most food.
>> I don't waste food (or anything else) simply because I was raised by
>> parents who until the day they died lived like the Great Depression
>> never ended... I was taught at a very young age how to straighten bent
>> nails, and I still fill jars with straightened bent nails... and many
>> jars with all sorts of salvage hardware.

> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

It's just a tall tale, else, penfart would have posted a pic of him
hammering on bent nails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message news:577d67a7-4dfc-48c7-bdc2-
> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad decisions,
we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
>dsi1 wrote:
>> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

>As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
>directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad decisions,
>we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
>there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
>spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

Often I think dsi1 is only in his 20s... early 20s... mainly because
he's exceptionally evasive, like most young people on line. We don't
even know his name let alone what he looks like. Sometimes I have me
doubts he lives in Hawaii, for all we know he lives in New Jersey, the
slums of Hoboken, in a one room basement appartment.
If he had any cojones he'd post his picture in the middle of a
pineapple plantation... I think he's a coward, he flaps his gums but
he's ascared to show who he is. RFC never used to be like it is now,
used to be everyone was open, we knew everyone's real name, and what
they looked like, nowadays most rfcers are sneaks, never to be
trusted. Now RFC is a shit hole.
I have nothing to hide. That's me in Belize:
https://postimg.org/image/z86gflms5/
https://postimg.org/image/z86gftzph/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>>dsi1 wrote:
>>> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

>>As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
>>directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad
>>decisions,
>>we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
>>there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
>>spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

> Often I think dsi1 is only in his 20s... early 20s... mainly because
> he's exceptionally evasive, like most young people on line. We don't
> even know his name let alone what he looks like. Sometimes I have me
> doubts he lives in Hawaii, for all we know he lives in New Jersey, the
> slums of Hoboken, in a one room basement appartment.
> If he had any cojones he'd post his picture in the middle of a
> pineapple plantation... I think he's a coward, he flaps his gums but
> he's ascared to show who he is. RFC never used to be like it is now,
> used to be everyone was open, we knew everyone's real name, and what
> they looked like, nowadays most rfcers are sneaks, never to be
> trusted. Now RFC is a shit hole.
> I have nothing to hide. That's me in Belize:
> https://postimg.org/image/z86gflms5/
> https://postimg.org/image/z86gftzph/

He has posted a pic of himself and he is no spring chicken, though nice
looking, and those are nice pics of you, many years ago to be sure. I have
posted a pic of myself many years ago too, I am old now and I don't don't
post pics anymore. Now, you should post a pic of you from last weekend say,
that would be impressive. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:27:52 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>>As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
>>>directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad
>>>decisions,
>>>we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
>>>there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
>>>spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

>> Often I think dsi1 is only in his 20s... early 20s... mainly because
>> he's exceptionally evasive, like most young people on line. We don't
>> even know his name let alone what he looks like. Sometimes I have me
>> doubts he lives in Hawaii, for all we know he lives in New Jersey, the
>> slums of Hoboken, in a one room basement appartment.
>> If he had any cojones he'd post his picture in the middle of a
>> pineapple plantation... I think he's a coward, he flaps his gums but
>> he's ascared to show who he is. RFC never used to be like it is now,
>> used to be everyone was open, we knew everyone's real name, and what
>> they looked like, nowadays most rfcers are sneaks, never to be
>> trusted. Now RFC is a shit hole.
>> I have nothing to hide. That's me in Belize:
>> https://postimg.org/image/z86gflms5/
>> https://postimg.org/image/z86gftzph/

>He has posted a pic of himself and he is no spring chicken, though nice
>looking, and those are nice pics of you, many years ago to be sure. I have
>posted a pic of myself many years ago too, I am old now and I don't don't
>post pics anymore. Now, you should post a pic of you from last weekend say,
>that would be impressive. LOL
>
>Cheri

I'm old too but I'm not ascared to post a recent pic, I have a full
head of hair, all my own teeth, and my vital parts work just fine:
https://postimg.org/image/jqiybuyat/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 9:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Lets see you standing next to a yardstick. Or a ruler. Ascared?
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 9:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> What are you, about 4' 11"? And even shorter now that you're
> 50 years older.
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> I'm old too but I'm not ascared to post a recent pic, I have a full
> head of hair, all my own teeth, and my vital parts work just fine:
> https://postimg.org/image/jqiybuyat/

That's not a bad pic at all, you remind me of Jeffrey, Ina Garten's husband.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 22:30:16 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> I'm old too but I'm not ascared to post a recent pic, I have a full
>> head of hair, all my own teeth, and my vital parts work just fine:
>> https://postimg.org/image/jqiybuyat/

>That's not a bad pic at all, you remind me of Jeffrey, Ina Garten's husband.

The man she always tries to wake up in vain when lunch is ready?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"dsi1" > wrote in message news:577d67a7-4dfc-48c7-bdc2-
> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad decisions,
we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

Cheri

==

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, ost
says...

wrote:

> > I have nothing to hide. That's me in Belize:

https://postimg.org/image/z86gflms5/

> What are you, about 4' 11"? And even shorter now that you're
> 50 years older.
>
> -sw

https://imgur.com/a/LuDmj

Is that a Cuban cigar he's smoking?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 9:23:21 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message news:577d67a7-4dfc-48c7-bdc2-
> > You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

> As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
> directions from an app on how to live life.

A fair few used the newspaper. Remember "Hints from Heloise"?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 10:19:44 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
> >dsi1 wrote:
> >> You and your generation ain't so special. Yoose guys just got old.

> >As everyone does, at least our generation knew how to cope without getting
> >directions from an app on how to live life. Also, If we made bad decisions,
> >we had to live with them without all the cradle to grave safety nets like
> >there are these days, which I'm sure *yoose* did too since you ain't no
> >spring chicken, and BTW...every generation is special.

> Often I think dsi1 is only in his 20s... early 20s... mainly because
> he's exceptionally evasive, like most young people on line. We don't
> even know his name let alone what he looks like. Sometimes I have me
> doubts he lives in Hawaii, for all we know he lives in New Jersey, the
> slums of Hoboken, in a one room basement appartment.
> If he had any cojones he'd post his picture in the middle of a
> pineapple plantation...

He lives in or near Kaneohe. No pineapple plantations there, but there's
quite a large Marine Corps air station nearby, which stated out
as a Naval air station.

Cindy Hamilton