Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ground turkey

Okay, this is going to sound weird but... I am helping someone out by doing
their cooking for them. I won't get into the whole story but they acquired
food from the food bank so no real choice as to what they got. They gave me
the meat to cook for them. It came frozen. None of it is stuff that I will
eat and I am not used to cooking this stuff.

The first three things I pulled out were BBQ flavored turkey lunch meat,
pork chops and ground turkey. I figure the lunch meat can go into Panini's
but I will have to research the flavors to see what might go with. Seems
like an odd flavor for turkey. The pork chops will use the orange/plum sauce
that was given to me as a gift.

But the ground turkey? I only ever tried it once and did not like it at all.
However, the dish I will make with it is not one that I will be eating. Of
course the obvious answer would be to ask the person what he would like but
he is too busy working now and only has time to stop by for dinner. So...
What would be good to make with this? I am also feeding his dog so am trying
to make things without onions or other things that dogs shouldn't eat. I
have made some things that do contain onions but kept back a small portion
of the other ingredients so that I could make something safe for the dog.

I was thinking of a white chili but would this work with ground turkey? I
have plenty of canned white beans, and some jarred salsa verde. If not
chili, then some other foods that I have are carrots, celery, peppers,
potatoes and all sorts of canned vegetables. Also pasta and rice.

Any ideas? Going through this food will be interesting. Also saw a turkey
wing, chicken wings, ground bison, ground mystery meat and perhaps stew
meat. The meat came as such a surprise that my freezer is stuffed full. We
had an interesting meal using up bits and pieces of things to make more room
in there. I will go through the rest of it in a few days and see what else
is there.

ground turkey Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 74 06-07-2012 07:36 PM
ground turkey KEN Baking 3 26-03-2007 10:11 PM
ground turkey WENDY HUNT Baking 0 25-03-2007 12:41 AM
Lean Ground Turkey Jaime General Cooking 12 26-07-2005 02:18 AM
ground turkey recipe? tenplay General Cooking 2 02-04-2004 10:15 PM