Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ground turkey

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 03:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 5:18:03 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:11:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>> >There is cholesterol in it but that doesn't mean eating it raises ours.

>> True. Eating saturated fat makes your cholesterol go up. That's why I
>> don't understand when people say butter or fatty meats are good for
>> you.

>What, precisely, do they say?
>
>"Butter is better for you than margarine, and in moderate amounts does
>no harm", perhaps?
>
>"Lean meats are better, but fatty meats once in a while won't kill you" ?

That sounds reasonable to me. "Butter is good for you" is a big step
further.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blue Bonnet margarine now has 0 transfat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

She seduced him with her cooking?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie's posts don't bother me at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> Janet wrote:
>>
>> Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

> She seduced him with her cooking?

I doubt that since she can't figure out what to do with meat.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 7:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> Janet wrote:
>>
>> Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

> She seduced him with her cooking?

Chilli con "carne"!

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
> I'd think wild turkeys would taste a lot different than tame ones.

They do!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 6:18:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> Blue Bonnet margarine now has 0 transfat.

But it ain't butter. No matter what Blue Bonnet does to their
chemically created spread it will never be better than butta.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:41:02 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Janet wrote:
> >
> > Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

> She seduced him with her cooking?

WHEW! I'm having a hard time coming to terms with her seducing
anyone with her cooking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-20 9:51 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> Oh come on. I am sure I will be attacked for being obsessed with our
>> resident drama queen, but the idea of Julie being asked to cook for
>> someone else is laughable. She doesn't like anything and her family
>> won't eat what she cooks.

> You have missed the unfolding drama from Bothell.
>
> Previous episodes;
>
> Julie started cooking lunch for her gardener, now she manages to mention
> him and his ever-escalating needs in nearly every post. Now she's
> cooking foodbank food for him and his dog. IOW another needy leech has
> suckered her for his domestic skivvy.
>
> Today's latest:
>
> Julie says she needs to save money, her life is changing, things are
> getting interesting and there may be more revelations to follow.
>
> DOT DOT DOT.

Thanks for the update.... I think. I filtered her because I was unable
to read without responding in a manner that befitting the attention
seeking bullshit she was spewing and all the lying. She has a desperate
need for attention. However, people keep replying to her and
reinforcing her dysfunctional behaviour, not to mention that the
otherwise unseen Bovisms end up on my screen anyway, which I think
titles me to respond.

I don't know which of her story lines is the funniest, but it may be the
thread about her being a writer. She didn't know what the word
"ignorant" meant and argued that it wasn't important for a writer to
know the meaning of it, that or a lot of other words. Somewhere along
the line she denied that she was a writer. She denied having said that
she was a writer. When someone went to the effort of digging through her
thousands and thousands of old messages and found several where she had
said that, she claimed that she did not remember writing that. Sorry
if I may have confused some of the factoids of the story, but you can
appreciate that it is hard to keep them straight when her lies keep
changing.

I could never understand why a few people here keep defending her. I
used to find it hard to understand how they could take her seriously.
The best I can suggest for a few of them is that they are compulsive
posters themselves and Julie helps them to feed their compulsion while
they feed her narcissistic need for attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:02:54 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-09-20 9:51 AM, Janet wrote:
>>
>> You have missed the unfolding drama from Bothell.
>>
>> Previous episodes;
>>
>> Julie started cooking lunch for her gardener, now she manages to mention
>> him and his ever-escalating needs in nearly every post. Now she's
>> cooking foodbank food for him and his dog. IOW another needy leech has
>> suckered her for his domestic skivvy.
>>
>> Today's latest:
>>
>> Julie says she needs to save money, her life is changing, things are
>> getting interesting and there may be more revelations to follow.
>>
>> DOT DOT DOT.

>Thanks for the update.... I think. I filtered her because I was unable
>to read without responding in a manner that befitting the attention
>seeking bullshit she was spewing and all the lying. She has a desperate
>need for attention. However, people keep replying to her and
>reinforcing her dysfunctional behaviour, not to mention that the
>otherwise unseen Bovisms end up on my screen anyway, which I think
>titles me to respond.

Nobody talks about Julie as much as you. Your wife says you even talk
about her in your sleep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2017 18:43, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 18:36:55 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/18/2017 7:34 AM, l not -l wrote:
>>>
>>> Tacos. I hate ground turkey; the only way I have ever had it
>>> that I could stand was in tacos. The seasonings make up for the
>>> odd, to me, taste of ground turkey. Just pinch off enough before
>>> turning into tacos to feed the dog. There are plenty of recipes
>>> on the web, from Rachael Ray to Martha Stewart to, well, every
>>> celeb chef and food company has a turkey taco recipe.
>>>

>> Ground turkey definitely requires a lot of seasoning. Back in the
>> 1980's it was being touted as "healthier" than other ground meats. So I
>> gave it a try a couple of times. It was sold in frozen 1 lb. chubs.
>>
>> The only way I found it tolerable was as spicy burgers (tacos would fit
>> that bill, too). Or formed into patties, pan cook them to remove the
>> excess fat*, then smother them with a well seasoned tomato sauce and top
>> with shredded Parmesan. Pop it into the oven to finish cooking and heat
>> the sauce and melt the cheese. Sort of like "turkey burger parmagiana".
>>
>> *Back then, at least, the skin was ground in along with the meat so what
>> was supposed to be "healthier" was actually very fatty. I've no idea if
>> that still holds true in 2017.
>>
>> Jill

> *just like ground beef you can purchase the level of fat content. I
> get the 90/10 grind (that's 10 percent fat) I am able to get it
> fresh, unfrozen. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
> Janet US

As I stated, I haven't tried it since the 1980's. Back then I only saw
it in frozen chubs. Seems to me Julie said what she got was frozen,
too. I have no idea what the current ratio of lean/fat is. I do know,
while I managed to make somethig palatable out of ground turkey in the
1980's, it did not make me want to try it again, ever. Enjoy!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 10:17 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 20 Sep 2017 07:13:54a, Casa de Masa told us...
>
>> On 9/19/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
>>> I'd think wild turkeys would taste a lot different than tame ones.
>>>

>> They do!
>>

> And much tastier, IMO.

You talk turkey talk into the boner-phone?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 9:46 AM, wrote:
> Julie's posts don't bother me at all.

Is that why you *never* quote them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 12:50 PM, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 9/20/2017 9:26 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Wed 20 Sep 2017 05:39:09a, Janet told us...
>>
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Â*Â*Â*Â* Here's my guess; Mr Bove finally gave up.
>>>
>>> Â*Â*Â* Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her
>>> Â*Â*Â* cooking.
>>>
>>> Â*Â*Â*Â* Janet UK
>>>

>> Are you sure it was the gardener?Â* I was thinkiing garbage man.
>>

> Does David know you fantasize about garbage men?!?

forged

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 12:49 PM, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 9/20/2017 9:46 AM, wrote:
>> Julie's posts don't bother me at all.
>>

> Is that why you *never* quote them?

forged
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 12:48 PM, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 9/20/2017 10:17 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> They do!
>>>

>> And much tastier, IMO.
>>

> You talk turkey talk into the boner-phone?

forged
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 8:17 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 20 Sep 2017 07:13:54a, Casa de Masa told us...
>
>> On 9/19/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
>>> I'd think wild turkeys would taste a lot different than tame ones.
>>>

>> They do!
>>

> And much tastier, IMO.

I agree - more like thigh meat with a hint of pheasant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 12:02 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I could never understand why a few people here keep defending her.

That is because you are a classic BULLY!

ESAD, ya big dumb goof.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

There used to be a lot of wild turkeys here but not now, maybe the coyotes thinned them out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 3:12 PM, wrote:
> There used to be a lot of wild turkeys here but not now, maybe the coyotes thinned them out.

Mothman.

word
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mothman did kill dogs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 01:21:37 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 19 Sep 2017 04:56:25p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 9/18/2017 7:28 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Mon 18 Sep 2017 01:49:41p, U.S. Janet B. told us...

>> (snippage)

>> (much more snippage above)

>>> From subsequent posts, it doesn't sound like Julie really wants
>>> eat or use it.
>>>

>> Wayne, she said that right off the bat:
>>
>> "I am helping someone out by doing their cooking for them. I won't
>> get into the whole story but they acquired food from the food bank
>> so no real choice as to what they got. They gave me the meat to
>> cook for them. It came frozen. None of it is stuff that I will eat
>> and I am not used to cooking this stuff."
>>
>> You've been away a while. She asked, but if it's typical of her
>> style she'll find some reason none of the suggestions offered will
>> work, despite the fact she's not the one who is going to eat it.
>>
>> What I really want to know why she's cooking for this guys dog.
>> I'm all for taking care of pets. But cooking without onions so
>> she can also feed the dog? Sheesh. Buy a bag or some cans of dog
>> food. Some food banks even have donated pet food. It's likely
>> better for the dog anyway.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>None of anything Julie writes make sense to me. I shouldn't ever
>bother commenting.

Jill, nothing Lil Duh Whine posts makes sense either, they're even. In
all these years have you ever seen anything either has cooked...???...
that's what I hought. Only thing is Duh Whine claims to cook all
sorts of fancy schmancyness. so I believe him far FAR less than I do
Julie. The food Julie says she cooks is so mundane I really don't
want to see it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 5:00 PM, wrote:
> Mothman did kill dogs.

SOB was ultra creepy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 5:09 PM, wrote:
> The food Julie says she cooks is so mundane I really don't
> want to see it.

Yabuttt....the chilli has me curious....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 6:50 PM, wrote:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html

TY!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Janet wrote:
>>
>> Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

> She seduced him with her cooking?

Picture it Gary. Me, standing out in the yard dressed in something scanty
and lacy and waving a freshly baked batard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batard

I did actually just bake one.

Scintillating scenario, no?

Ah but then his jealous GF comes after me.

Chapter 2...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2017 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

>> She seduced him with her cooking?
>>

> I doubt that since she can't figure out what to do with meat.

Now, now Jill... You even commented on my penchant for tubular meats.

Ooh! Ima hafta shut up while I'm ahead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:41:02 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Janet wrote:
>> >
>> > Julie is shacking up with the gardener she seduced with her cooking.

>> She seduced him with her cooking?
>>

> WHEW! I'm having a hard time coming to terms with her seducing
> anyone with her cooking.

Oh come now. Picture it. Try really hard. Freshly molded chocolate rabbits,
brownies, granola bars, just to name three!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>
>> Accoring to the latest research, dietary cholesterol does not raise
>> serum (blood) cholesterol. That's why you can now eat eggs.
>>
>> https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2...terol-in-food/
>>
>> Doris

> Actually, that research has been around for a long time.

Yep.

ground turkey Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 74 06-07-2012 07:36 PM
ground turkey KEN Baking 3 26-03-2007 10:11 PM
ground turkey WENDY HUNT Baking 0 25-03-2007 12:41 AM
Lean Ground Turkey Jaime General Cooking 12 26-07-2005 02:18 AM
ground turkey recipe? tenplay General Cooking 2 02-04-2004 10:15 PM