Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone made potato chips?

jmcquown wrote:

> Those are what I call quarter fries. Basically quartered russet
> potatoes either battered and deep fried or rubbed with oil, seasoned and
> baked at high heat in an oven.

I have never heard of or tried battered fries. Might be good
though?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2017 9:14 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>> Those are what I call quarter fries. Basically quartered russet
>> potatoes either battered and deep fried or rubbed with oil, seasoned and
>> baked at high heat in an oven.

> I have never heard of or tried battered fries. Might be good
> though?

Gary, you don't live in the right part of the South. LOL Only little
places that sell fresh fried chicken for lunch sell battered quarter
fried potatoes. They use the same batter for the potatoes as they do
the chicken.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2017 9:14 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>> Those are what I call quarter fries. Basically quartered russet
>> potatoes either battered and deep fried or rubbed with oil, seasoned and
>> baked at high heat in an oven.

> I have never heard of or tried battered fries. Might be good
> though?

Oh, this time of year you should also think about battered fried
zucchini or yellow squash. Yum!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Oh, this time of year you should also think about battered fried
> zucchini or yellow squash. Yum!

I often make battered (or at least floured) yellow squash. It's
very, very good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:

>> Those are what I call quarter fries. Basically quartered russet
>> potatoes either battered and deep fried or rubbed with oil, seasoned and
>> baked at high heat in an oven.

> I have never heard of or tried battered fries. Might be good
> though?

Beer battered are common here.