Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: to John Kuthe

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 7:36:08 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> > No one in their right mind ever, EVER spends money on a house until
>> > after closing. That chinese landlord is going to clean him out..

>> Sad but true.

> Oh, and THEY want "out from under" this house! THEY don't wanna spend any
> money on it, not the kind it needs! And THEY know it too!

Yeah because you are doing it for them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 5:22:26 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 7/13/2017 8:25 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Janet wrote:
> >> says...
> >> their July 2017 rent checks rather than our cheap Chinese landlord! (I
> >> just deposited those checks too, today!)
> >>
> >> Just wait till the Chinese OWNER of the property finds out HIS
> >> tenants didn't pay HIM their rent this month.

> > I was thinking the same thing. John is not the owner yet and the chinese
> > owner gets the rent until then.
> >

> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> so hard for John to grasp?
>
> > This really does sound like a fail-fail situation. Maybe John should
> > stop right now, swallow his losses and go look for a better house to
> > buy. This entire deal with all the future repairs sounds so not right to
> > me.
> >
> > No sane person would ever fix up a house until after closing and they
> > own it. The chinese landlord is probably loving all this insane nonsense.
> >
> > John...he could even cancel the sale after you spend half your fortune
> > fixing up HIS house. Wake up.
> >

> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> he can back out at any time.
>
> Jill

Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.

WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale contract too after all!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bipolar.../Symptoms.aspx

> The manic phase of bipolar disorder may include:
>
> feeling very happy, elated or overjoyed
> talking very quickly
> feeling full of energy
> feeling self-important
> feeling full of great new ideas and having important plans
> being easily distracted
> being easily irritated or agitated
> being delusional, having hallucinations and disturbed or illogical
> thinking
> not feeling like sleeping
> not eating
> doing things that often have disastrous consequences ? such as
> spending large sums of money on expensive and sometimes unaffordable
> items "
>
> Pretty much sums you up.
>
> Janet.

But the things I've put large soms of money towards have NOT led to disastrous consequence!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 5:22:26 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

>> > I was thinking the same thing. John is not the owner yet and the chinese
>> > owner gets the rent until then.
>> >

>> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
>> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
>> so hard for John to grasp?
>>
>> > This really does sound like a fail-fail situation. Maybe John should
>> > stop right now, swallow his losses and go look for a better house to
>> > buy. This entire deal with all the future repairs sounds so not right to
>> > me.
>> >
>> > No sane person would ever fix up a house until after closing and they
>> > own it. The chinese landlord is probably loving all this insane nonsense.
>> >
>> > John...he could even cancel the sale after you spend half your fortune
>> > fixing up HIS house. Wake up.
>> >

>> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
>> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
>> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
>> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
>> he can back out at any time.
>>
>> Jill

>Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>
>WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale contract too after all!

But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 6:30:16 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > I pay my subcontractors MORE than they quote most times and always
>> > upfront if possible.
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> Well, that's just not smart!

> BULLSHIT!! I get the BEST work out of my subcontractors that way! I get
> great work, they get great pay, what's not to love? That's the way
> business SHOULD be contracted!!

Oh HELL no. Never give them all the money up front. Do that here and you'll
have no money and no work will get done. A reliable contractor wouldn't even
take all of the money up front.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 4:12:16 PM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

>> > My Bipolarness is well controlled with the Seroquel I take every night
>> > before bed, thank you very much!

>> Your current posting strongly suggests you're in an uncontrolled
>> manic phase of the disorder.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bipolar.../Symptoms.aspx

>> The manic phase of bipolar disorder may include:
>>
>> feeling very happy, elated or overjoyed
>> talking very quickly
>> feeling full of energy
>> feeling self-important
>> feeling full of great new ideas and having important plans
>> being easily distracted
>> being easily irritated or agitated
>> being delusional, having hallucinations and disturbed or illogical
>> thinking
>> not feeling like sleeping
>> not eating
>> doing things that often have disastrous consequences ? such as
>> spending large sums of money on expensive and sometimes unaffordable
>> items "
>>
>> Pretty much sums you up.
>>
>> Janet.

> But the things I've put large soms of money towards have NOT led to
> disastrous consequence!
>
> John Kuthe...

You mean not yet...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default to John Kuthe

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 5:22:26 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

>> > I was thinking the same thing. John is not the owner yet and the
>> > chinese
>> > owner gets the rent until then.
>> >

>> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
>> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
>> so hard for John to grasp?
>>
>> > This really does sound like a fail-fail situation. Maybe John should
>> > stop right now, swallow his losses and go look for a better house to
>> > buy. This entire deal with all the future repairs sounds so not right
>> > me.
>> >
>> > No sane person would ever fix up a house until after closing and they
>> > own it. The chinese landlord is probably loving all this insane
>> > nonsense.
>> >
>> > John...he could even cancel the sale after you spend half your fortune
>> > fixing up HIS house. Wake up.
>> >

>> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
>> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
>> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
>> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
>> he can back out at any time.
>>
>> Jill

>Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>
>WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have
>a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>contract too after all!

But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

==

If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 5:22:26 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 7/13/2017 8:25 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Janet wrote:
> >> says...
> >> their July 2017 rent checks rather than our cheap Chinese landlord! (I
> >> just deposited those checks too, today!)
> >>
> >> Just wait till the Chinese OWNER of the property finds out HIS
> >> tenants didn't pay HIM their rent this month.

> > I was thinking the same thing. John is not the owner yet and the chinese
> > owner gets the rent until then.
> >

> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> so hard for John to grasp?
>
> > This really does sound like a fail-fail situation. Maybe John should
> > stop right now, swallow his losses and go look for a better house to
> > buy. This entire deal with all the future repairs sounds so not right to
> > me.
> >
> > No sane person would ever fix up a house until after closing and they
> > own it. The chinese landlord is probably loving all this insane
> > nonsense.
> >
> > John...he could even cancel the sale after you spend half your fortune
> > fixing up HIS house. Wake up.
> >

> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> he can back out at any time.
>
> Jill

Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.

WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner get
$108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all this
occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have a
very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
contract too after all!

John Kuthe...

---

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on. He could just say that this stuff
wasn't authorized.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
>>> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
>>> so hard for John to grasp?

>>> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
>>> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
>>> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
>>> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
>>> he can back out at any time.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>
>>WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>>get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>>this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
>>have
>>a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>>contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

The sale hasn't closed. Either side could back out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
lid says...

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

says...

> >> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> >> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> >> so hard for John to grasp?

> >> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> >> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> >> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> >> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> >> he can back out at any time.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >
> >WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner get $108,000 cash.

If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all this occupancy
permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have a very good
case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale contract too
after all!

But you had voluntarily done repairs at your own expense, endlessly
boasting your esoteric motives, long before that sale contract; and
then you persuaded the CHINESE tenants to pay their rent to you.

How do you think the Chinese (tenants and property owner) evidence
about you would play in court?

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

John's collecting rent for a property he doesn't own and which he
knows does not have an occupancy permit. Sounds to me like a problem
position from which to launch a court action.

Janet UK.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 5:45:23 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> >> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> >> so hard for John to grasp?

> >> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> >> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> >> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> >> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> >> he can back out at any time.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >
> >WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> >get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> >this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have
> >a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
> >contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

They've signed a contract that basically states "I'm going to buy this
house" and "I'm going to sell you this house", and states the terms
under which the sale will proceed (timing, condition of house at
time of sale, results of a title search to determine that the seller
really is entitled to sell the property, etc.)

If the terms of that contract are not satisfied, the contract is void.
One example of that might be if the title search discovers an undisclosed
lien on the property and the lien is not released by the sales
contract.

The actual transfer of the deed to the house happens when all of
the terms of the sales contract are satisfied. Then everybody sits
down, exchanges the money, and the title deed is transferred
from the seller to the buyer. This is commonly referred to as
"closing".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 5:45:23 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> >> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> >> so hard for John to grasp?

> >> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> >> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> >> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> >> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> >> he can back out at any time.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >
> >WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> >get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> >this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
> >have
> >a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
> >contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

They've signed a contract that basically states "I'm going to buy this
house" and "I'm going to sell you this house", and states the terms
under which the sale will proceed (timing, condition of house at
time of sale, results of a title search to determine that the seller
really is entitled to sell the property, etc.)

If the terms of that contract are not satisfied, the contract is void.
One example of that might be if the title search discovers an undisclosed
lien on the property and the lien is not released by the sales
contract.

The actual transfer of the deed to the house happens when all of
the terms of the sales contract are satisfied. Then everybody sits
down, exchanges the money, and the title deed is transferred
from the seller to the buyer. This is commonly referred to as
"closing".

Cindy Hamilton

==

Thank you. It seems it is too easy to renege on that contract if one
side wishes.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:44:58 -0300, wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 12:34:55 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>>
>>On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 5:45:23 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

says...

>>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

>>They've signed a contract that basically states "I'm going to buy this
>>house" and "I'm going to sell you this house", and states the terms
>>under which the sale will proceed (timing, condition of house at
>>time of sale, results of a title search to determine that the seller
>>really is entitled to sell the property, etc.)
>>
>>If the terms of that contract are not satisfied, the contract is void.
>>One example of that might be if the title search discovers an undisclosed
>>lien on the property and the lien is not released by the sales
>>contract.
>>
>>The actual transfer of the deed to the house happens when all of
>>the terms of the sales contract are satisfied. Then everybody sits
>>down, exchanges the money, and the title deed is transferred
>>from the seller to the buyer. This is commonly referred to as
>>"closing".
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton
>>
>>==
>>
>>Thank you. It seems it is too easy to renege on that contract if one
>>side wishes.

>That's totally incorrect, it happens much more frequently in the UK

Source?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> landlord! (I

>>> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
>>> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
>>> so hard for John to grasp?

>>> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
>>> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
>>> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
>>> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
>>> he can back out at any time.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>
>> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
>> have
>> a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>> contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 1:11:11 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

That was those renters' decisions, seriously!! I am DOING good thing for them and they know it and like it! Like one of the two housemates that paid their July 2017 rent to me chose to go back to China for a month and I agreed with her to hold her room for her when she returns in exchange for her paying rent on the room only, no utilities because she's not here to use the utilities! A paradigm I learned to work with housemates back in the 1990's when I had a housemate in the ROTC and he'd have to go to ROTC stuff in the Summers, and we worked it out for him that way.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> landlord! (I

>>> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
>>> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
>>> so hard for John to grasp?

>>> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
>>> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
>>> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
>>> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
>>> he can back out at any time.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>
>> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
>> have
>> a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>> contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.

Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.

Jill

==

Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
until the deal is completed.

Once signed, it is a done deal.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:45:23 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> >> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> >> so hard for John to grasp?

> >> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> >> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> >> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> >> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> >> he can back out at any time.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >
> >WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> >get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> >this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have
> >a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
> >contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>

> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Real Estate sales are this way,they take time most times especially with properties that need a lot of work, like this one.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 1:54:08 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> > But the things I've put large soms of money towards have NOT led to
> > disastrous consequence!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> You mean not yet...

It's only money, I have plenty right now and I'M HOLDING MOST IN SAFE RESERVE, still invested in a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2017 8:03 PM, Alex wrote:
>> http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths...rophecy-001577
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> That will lead you to bankruptcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't have any money to begin with. Future bankruptcy is not out of
the question. Why else would he have been living in what amounts to a
boarding house for years? All those certifications (he's a REGISTERED
NURSE, don't forget! And he occasionally makes chocolate covered
cherries.) Splitting the rent with 4 (or was it 5) other people. Maybe
it's a group home for people with mental health issues. Heh.

BTW, he's never actually mentioned how much the RENT is. For each of
those rooms/spaces. From all the occupants including himself.

Damn, suddenly I find myself agreeing with you. Isn't that weird? LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>>
>>> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>>> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>>> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
>>> have
>>> a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>>> contract too after all!

>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>>

> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

Sadly to say, the US loves to involve attorneys, real estate agents
(buyers and sellers agents) and all sorts of paperwork. That's before
the actual deal. Your method sounds so much cleaner and easier.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 6:56 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> lid says...
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

says...

>>> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>>
>>> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner get $108,000 cash.

> If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all this occupancy
> permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd have a very good
> case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale contract too
> after all!
>
> But you had voluntarily done repairs at your own expense, endlessly
> boasting your esoteric motives, long before that sale contract; and
> then you persuaded the CHINESE tenants to pay their rent to you.
>
> How do you think the Chinese (tenants and property owner) evidence
> about you would play in court?
>
>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

> John's collecting rent for a property he doesn't own and which he
> knows does not have an occupancy permit. Sounds to me like a problem
> position from which to launch a court action.
>

> Janet UK.

Unless they have an agreement covering it. Many unknowns here, but I
would hope it was ironed out in advance. Original sales agreement may
specify when the rent checks are transferred.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:45:23 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> John is delusional if he thinks he's already their landlord. He's not;
> >> they aren't John's tenants. What part of [he] doesn't own the house is
> >> so hard for John to grasp?

> >> He sure could. You can bet he's keeping an eye on everything that's
> >> going on in that house. In fact, as the legal landlord, he has every
> >> right to enter and look around the property. He could take one look at
> >> these improvements and decide he doesn't want to sell. Until closing,
> >> he can back out at any time.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >
> >WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> >get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> >this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
> >have
> >a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
> >contract too after all!

> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>
> ==
>
> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>

> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Real Estate sales are this way,they take time most times especially with
properties that need a lot of work, like this one.

John Kuthe...

==

Thanks.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 6:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>
> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
> have a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the
> sale contract too after all!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> ---
>
> You wouldn't have a leg to stand on. He could just say that this stuff
> wasn't authorized.

Unless they have an agreement covering it. I'd sure want one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
>>>
>>> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
>>> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
>>> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
>>> have
>>> a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
>>> contract too after all!

>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>>

> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

Sadly to say, the US loves to involve attorneys, real estate agents
(buyers and sellers agents) and all sorts of paperwork. That's before
the actual deal. Your method sounds so much cleaner and easier.

Jill

==

I would bet yours is much more expensive too(

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 2:50 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Well, that's just not smart!

>> BULLSHIT!! I get the BEST work out of my subcontractors that way! I
>> get great work, they get great pay, what's not to love? That's the way
>> business SHOULD be contracted!!

> Oh HELL no. Never give them all the money up front. Do that here and
> you'll have no money and no work will get done. A reliable contractor
> wouldn't even take all of the money up front.

A deposit, sure. Once material is delivered, add to it. Never final
payment until the job is done.

I had a guy working here for a few weeks. We agreed on a total price
for labor up front. I bought the material. He never asked for money but
part way he was happy that I gave him a chunk of it.

Recently I had a sewer line problem. The guy gave me a maximum price
and I agreed. Turned out to be be less so he charged less. It was made
easier when I said "I have $XXX in cash. the rest will be a check" He
was quick to give a good price. It was half his maximum.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 1:11:11 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

> That was those renters' decisions, seriously!! I am DOING good thing for them and they know it and like it! Like one of the two housemates that paid their July 2017 rent to me chose to go back to China for a month and I agreed with her to hold her room for her when she returns in exchange for her paying rent on the room only, no utilities because she's not here to use the utilities! A paradigm I learned to work with housemates back in the 1990's when I had a housemate in the ROTC and he'd have to go to ROTC stuff in the Summers, and we worked it out for him that way.
>
> John Kuthe...

It may be their decision, but that does not mean it is legal. I'd hold
that money in escrow unless you have an agreement with the owner.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 9:44:58 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

Yep, that's why we call them "signed contracts"!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 9:30:07 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Bruce" wrote in message
> >
> > On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> >> Oh and he does whenever he wants. But he;s out of town right now.
> >>
> >> WE have to do these things to close the sale and then he and his partner
> >> get $108,000 cash. If the sellers back out after I've paid to have all
> >> this occupancy permit inspection stuff brought up to code I'm sure I'd
> >> have
> >> a very good case for a civil lawsuit against them. They signed the sale
> >> contract too after all!

> > But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
> >
> > ==
> >
> > If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
> > sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
> >

> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>
> Jill

If they wanna get SUED to within an inch of their lives, trying to back out of a SIGNED CONTRACT!! Real and PUNITIVE damages too! Plus paying the lawyers too!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:44:58 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

It looks like the notion of a contract prior to the sale of the house is
not completely unknown in the U.K.:

<http://www.pastor-realestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Pastor-Sales-Guide1.pdf>

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 10:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >>
>> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>>>

>> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
>> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
>> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
>> until the deal is completed.
>>
>> Once signed, it is a done deal.
>>

> Sadly to say, the US loves to involve attorneys, real estate agents
> (buyers and sellers agents) and all sorts of paperwork. That's before
> the actual deal. Your method sounds so much cleaner and easier.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> I would bet yours is much more expensive too(

Of course! Real estates and attorneys get commission for brokering the
deal.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 11:56 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 15:44:46 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >>
>> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

says...

>>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>>>

>> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
>> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
>> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
>> until the deal is completed.
>>
>> Once signed, it is a done deal.

> Jill is incorrect and property deals are different over here, my
> cousin twice lost houses she was ready to move to in the Surrey area
> because in your system the deal is not legally binding until the day
> it takes place.

How is "the day it takes place" different from "closing"? The exchange
of money and handing over the deed to the property means it's accepted,
it's done. SOLD.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 11:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 1:11:11 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?

>> That was those renters' decisions, seriously!! I am DOING good thing
>> for them and they know it and like it! Like one of the two housemates
>> that paid their July 2017 rent to me chose to go back to China for a
>> month and I agreed with her to hold her room for her when she returns
>> in exchange for her paying rent on the room only, no utilities because
>> she's not here to use the utilities! A paradigm I learned to work with
>> housemates back in the 1990's when I had a housemate in the ROTC and
>> he'd have to go to ROTC stuff in the Summers, and we worked it out for
>> him that way.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> It may be their decision, but that does not mean it is legal. I'd hold
> that money in escrow unless you have an agreement with the owner.

Someone (not RFC) needs to explain "escrow accounts" to him. In brief,
money held in an account for a specific purpose which cannot be touched
until the terms of the contract are finalized.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:44:58 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

It looks like the notion of a contract prior to the sale of the house is
not completely unknown in the U.K.:

<http://www.pastor-realestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Pastor-Sales-Guide1.pdf>

Cindy Hamilton

==

I can only refer to the houses we have bought and sold.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 11:54 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:29:55 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/15/2017 5:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:03:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

says...

>>> But isn't it strange to collect rent for a property you don't own yet?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> If they have signed the sale contract, does that not indicated they have
>>> sold it to him? Not sure how it works there.
>>>

>> Until actual money changes hands and the deed is handed over ("closing
>> the deal"), it's nothing more than a handshake even though it's on
>> paper. Either party can back out at any time up to that point.
>>
>> Jill

> How many houses have you bought? Once you have signed an offer to buy
> there are only very specific things which allow you to back out
> without penalty.

Maybe in Canada. In the US, until the actual "closing", anyone can back
out.

> One would be inability to raise a mortgage,

Of course.

> another
> would be a failing house inspection, such as the well not delivering x
> number of gallons per minute etc.

Wells? Gallons per minute? Most houses in the US don't have wells.

He's already said the house didn't pass inspection. That's why he's
pouring money into a house he does not yet own. And that makes no sense
at all.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:15:28 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> Someone (not RFC) needs to explain "escrow accounts" to him. In brief,
> money held in an account for a specific purpose which cannot be touched
> until the terms of the contract are finalized.
>
> Jill

Yep, I know about escrow accounts, and I've talked with my buyer's agent about that, and I'm monitoring my bank balance pretty regularly, and it's looking pretty good so far!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 3:44 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

Scottish house-buying is (or was, when we bought ours) much more
straight-forward than English or US house-buying.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2017 4:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> It looks like the notion of a contract prior to the sale of the house is
> not completely unknown in the U.K.:

There is no 'UK' law on house sales. Scots law and English law are quite
different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> >>That's totally incorrect, it happens much more frequently in the UK

> >Source?

> Find it yourself. What I know is it cannot happen here. When you
> make an offer to purchase by a certain date, that is legally binding
> and nobody else can get in and offer more because the seller cannot
> have another agreement until the current one runs it's course. Either
> the sale goes through on the appointed date, or not. If it does fail,
> then the seller is free to entertain another offer.

You're confused.

In England and Wales gazumping can happen (the seller accepts a higher
price from someone else). However, gazumping aside, in England and Wales
there is nothing in law to prevent the seller just withdrawing the
property from sale. (or, the buyer changing his mind and walking away).

Scotland has a separate legal system, different in many respects from
E/W. In Scotland, the offer to buy/sell at £X is more binding, which
eliminates gazumping. But the OFFER does not constitute a sale, and it's
always hedged with multiple conditions. If either party fails to meet
the listed conditions by the agreed date the deal is off. No sale.

In England, Wales and Scotland, the sale does not complete until the
buyer pays in full and the seller transfers the property title to the
buyer.

No UK buyer in their right mind would start work on the property before
they owned it. Because any sale CAN fall through at the last minute.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 7/15/2017 3:44 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks. When we have bought houses, we have never had to sign anything
> until the deal is completed.
>
> Once signed, it is a done deal.

Scottish house-buying is (or was, when we bought ours) much more
straight-forward than English or US house-buying.

==

Yes, the last ones we bought were in Scotland! I can't remember before
that, it was too long ago.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Does anyone know John Kuthe Shira B Wild General Cooking 64 29-12-2013 01:50 AM
For John Kuthe Jeanine Alyse General Cooking 2 28-10-2012 07:58 PM
Ping: John Kuthe JeanineAlyse General Cooking 1 25-06-2012 10:09 PM
John Kuthe... phaeton General Cooking 77 31-10-2011 04:49 PM
ATTENTION: John Kuthe Paco[_4_] General Cooking 19 06-08-2009 04:47 PM