Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: John Kuthe

Help! I made a double batch of Chocoley's recipe for Walnut Fudge
this morning, and in exactly the manner the recipe cites. After
mixing in the nuts, I poured it into my glass dish and let it sit to
cool down to room temp, then bottom-shelf refrigerated it for about
five hours before cutting to wrap for gifts.

I certainly was not the neatest of cutters, but at least the bottom
half of it is far too soft. Should I have refrigerated it over night
instead, or is this recipe supposed to come out softer than I've ever
made before?

Thanks for any help you may offer, Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John. no need for reply because Chocoley gave me the answer needed.
Anna said they've had several comments on the fudge being too soft,
leading them to believe that altitude may be a hindrance. Also she
said that either decreasing the evaporated milk, or increasing the
chocolate will aid in firming without flavor change.
....Picky

Does anyone know John Kuthe Shira B Wild General Cooking 64 29-12-2013 01:50 AM
For John Kuthe Jeanine Alyse General Cooking 2 28-10-2012 07:58 PM
Feeling like John Kuthe now sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 04-01-2012 12:00 AM
John Kuthe... phaeton General Cooking 77 31-10-2011 04:49 PM
ATTENTION: John Kuthe Paco[_4_] General Cooking 19 06-08-2009 04:47 PM