Puester

Default What cakes are ya'll making for Thanksgiving ?

No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.

gloria p
Puester

No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.

gloria p
Puester

No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.

gloria p
Wayne Boatwright

alan > wrote in
:

If I have time to bake a cake, it will be an Amalgamation Cake. Pies are for
certain.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

zxcvbob

Puester wrote:
> No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.
>
> gloria p

Cake?
Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. And maybe a lemon meringue pie. And a cherry
pie (home-grown cherries are in the freezer) if I have time.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

Puester wrote:
> No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.
>
> gloria p

Cake?
Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. And maybe a lemon meringue pie. And a cherry
pie (home-grown cherries are in the freezer) if I have time.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

Puester wrote:
> No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.
>
> gloria p

Cake?
Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. And maybe a lemon meringue pie. And a cherry
pie (home-grown cherries are in the freezer) if I have time.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

Puester wrote:
> No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.
>
> gloria p

Cake?
Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. And maybe a lemon meringue pie. And a cherry
pie (home-grown cherries are in the freezer) if I have time.

Best regards,
Bob
Kate Connally

alan wrote:

Cakes? On Tday? I don't think so. Tday is
pie day. Pumpkin pie day, for that matter.
You can have others as well, but pumpkin is a
must. This year we're having pumpkin, pecan,
and lemon meringue.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Barbtail

No cake this year, just pumpkin pie- it's what everyone wants this year.

I will, however, be making English Christmas Cakes around then so they can
mellow before I give them away. I have these small loaf pans in my cupboards I
thought I'd use this year. I plan to try to decorate the small loafs as Yule
logs- sorta of a take off on Buche De Noel-- won't they be surprised when
they cut into these marzipan-wrapped/royal-iced merengue-mushroom-decorated
nummies to find a fruitcake waiting for them?

*chuckles*

I was thinking of adding a bean to each cake and writing a little blurb about
12th night traditions on the recipe card. Maybe my fruitcakes'll actually get
eaten!

*smiles*

Barb

Zspider

I've been thinking about a German chocolate cake, but I've never
made one before and a look at the icing recipe made me nervous
that it wouldn't thicken up. I haven't a lot of experience with
candy and icing recipes that require boiling, but absolutely
none of them have ever managed to firm up enough to be right.

Wayne (am I right?) gave me some good suggestions on how to
make sure a brownie icing firmed up, but I haven't tried that
yet.

I live in fear of icing and candy recipes that call for boiling.

Michael

ItsJoanNotJoAnn

Kate Connally > wrote in message >...
> alan wrote:
>
> Cakes? On Tday? I don't think so. Tday is
> pie day. Pumpkin pie day, for that matter.
> You can have others as well, but pumpkin is a
> must. This year we're having pumpkin, pecan,
> and lemon meringue.
> Kate

I don't know what other desserts will be brought to the feast, but I'm
thinking of making a Pumpkin Roll made with Splenda. Anyone tried
using this? It's the regular Splenda, not the Baking Splenda.
ItsJoanNotJoAnn

Kate Connally > wrote in message >...
> alan wrote:
>
> Cakes? On Tday? I don't think so. Tday is
> pie day. Pumpkin pie day, for that matter.
> You can have others as well, but pumpkin is a
> must. This year we're having pumpkin, pecan,
> and lemon meringue.
> Kate

I don't know what other desserts will be brought to the feast, but I'm
thinking of making a Pumpkin Roll made with Splenda. Anyone tried
using this? It's the regular Splenda, not the Baking Splenda.

ItsJoanNotJoAnn

Kate Connally > wrote in message >...
> alan wrote:
>
> Cakes? On Tday? I don't think so. Tday is
> pie day. Pumpkin pie day, for that matter.
> You can have others as well, but pumpkin is a
> must. This year we're having pumpkin, pecan,
> and lemon meringue.
> Kate

I don't know what other desserts will be brought to the feast, but I'm
thinking of making a Pumpkin Roll made with Splenda. Anyone tried
using this? It's the regular Splenda, not the Baking Splenda.
Nancy Dooley

Puester > wrote in message >...
> No cake. Pies. Pumpkin, pecan, and maybe a cheesecake.
>
> gloria p

Cake? CAKE?? Whoever wants cake at Thanksgiving???

Pie rules!

N. (Pumpkin, and cherry or blueberry)
Nancy Dooley