Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Mexican shredded beef.

I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.

I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot and spicy enough to give a little burn.

This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2016 11:46 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
>
> I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot and spicy enough to give a little burn.
>
> This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef

Heck yes, but no Sriracha please!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-15, ImStillMags > wrote:

> This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef

I'm not gonna criticize yer recipe. Looks fine, to me. I'll jes say
that any kind of chipotle is on my "most hated" list. That stuff
might as well be called "essence of ash tray"!

My basic carnitas recipe is quite similar. The main difference is
that I use orange juice, lime juice, and a tad bit o' chicken stk as
my primary cooking liquid. You might try it.

While I agree with yer basic methodology, I use a big orange Le
Creuset (6qt?) pot in the oven and do not break the pork into small
shreds. I DO cook the meat until it is ready to "shred" (I joke it's
really Mexican pull pork), then break the meat up into larger chunks
and let the simmering sauce become a thick sauce in which to coat the
the broken up pork chunks. I do this on the stove top and let the
pork and sauce combine into what I call carnitas.

Turns out that's exactly how my local carniceria make their carnitas
and their's are gone in half a day.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:46:59 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
>
>I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot and spicy enough to give a little burn.
>
>This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
>
>http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef

thanks for posting. It is a reminder to me to make some up and put
away some. I went out to lunch last week and had the shredded beef
in an enchilada and remembered I had none at home. Cooking this up
will make the house smell wonderful.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 11:47:20 AM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:46:59 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
> >
> >I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot and spicy enough to give a little burn.
> >
> >This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
> >
> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef

> thanks for posting. It is a reminder to me to make some up and put
> away some. I went out to lunch last week and had the shredded beef
> in an enchilada and remembered I had none at home. Cooking this up
> will make the house smell wonderful.
> Janet US

Yes it does. I have a hard time keeping out of the pot and "making sure" it's good......

Must taste for quality you know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:14:11 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 11:47:20 AM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:46:59 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
>> >
>> >I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot and spicy enough to give a little burn.
>> >
>> >This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
>> >
>> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef

>> thanks for posting. It is a reminder to me to make some up and put
>> away some. I went out to lunch last week and had the shredded beef
>> in an enchilada and remembered I had none at home. Cooking this up
>> will make the house smell wonderful.
>> Janet US

>Yes it does. I have a hard time keeping out of the pot and "making sure" it's good......
>
>Must taste for quality you know.

absolutely
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

>I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
>I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion
>out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot
>and spicy enough to give a little burn.
>
>This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
>
>Ken-L Ration--> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef <-- Chihuahua Chow

I detest Disgusting shredded meat... Fancy Feast has a shredded
version and my cats won't eat it... they much prefer high falootin'
Pah-Tay w/gravy. Shredded meats evolved from people who don't know
how to cook but can't afford to throw away over cooked meat, so they
find ways to choke it down by hiding it under speecy spicy overly
sweet sauce. I have SS pet food bowls that look eggzactly like those
at the web site.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 6:22:04 PM UTC-8, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>
> >I've been jonesing for this. Must be time to put the big pot on the stove and get busy.
> >I really like this recipe and methodology. It makes a LOT of shredded beef. I portion
> >out and freeze containers of it so that I have it for future uses. I like mine just hot
> >and spicy enough to give a little burn.
> >
> >This is great for Fall and Winter weather. It simmers all day while you are around to check on it once in a while.
> >
> >Ken-L Ration--> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...-shredded-beef <-- Chihuahua Chow

> I detest Disgusting shredded meat... Fancy Feast has a shredded
> version and my cats won't eat it... they much prefer high falootin'
> Pah-Tay w/gravy. Shredded meats evolved from people who don't know
> how to cook but can't afford to throw away over cooked meat, so they
> find ways to choke it down by hiding it under speecy spicy overly
> sweet sauce. I have SS pet food bowls that look eggzactly like those
> at the web site.

Then don't make it. Simple solution. But don't put down those who enjoy it.