Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My latest great find.

I just discovered Forager chips. I can't believe how great they are
considering they are an "alternative" chip.
https://pressedjuicedirectory.com/fo...om-juice-pulp/
or
http://tinyurl.com/hg9lly6

We had friends over for snackies tonight and I sent some home with
them they love them so much. I found them at Grocery Outlet for .99 a
bag, less than half the price they are selling for at Albertson's.

While we were discussing the chips, my friend said you can freeze
chips and when you defrost them they'll be as good as the day you put
them in the freezer. I'm hoping that's true for vegetable chips too.
Anyone else freeze chips?

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:28:16 -0700, koko > wrote:

> I just discovered Forager chips. I can't believe how great they are
> considering they are an "alternative" chip.
> https://pressedjuicedirectory.com/fo...om-juice-pulp/
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/hg9lly6
>
> We had friends over for snackies tonight and I sent some home with
> them they love them so much. I found them at Grocery Outlet for .99 a
> bag, less than half the price they are selling for at Albertson's.
>
> While we were discussing the chips, my friend said you can freeze
> chips and when you defrost them they'll be as good as the day you put
> them in the freezer. I'm hoping that's true for vegetable chips too.
> Anyone else freeze chips?
>
> koko

I don't have the freezer space to be freezing bags of chips. We just
buy them as we want them. Thanks for posting about Forager, the one
ingredient list I found was fairly allergen free. I didn't see
gluten, egg, cow dairy or soy listed. I'll check out Grocery Outlet
and see if mine has any, but I wouldn't mind paying full price at
Albertson's if it really is an allergen free product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I don't have the freezer space to be freezing bags of chips. We just
> buy them as we want them.

Freezing potato chips is a new one to me.
Like you, I buy as necessary.

my latest eBay find Mark Thorson General Cooking 28 24-12-2014 03:54 AM
A great find Gloria P General Cooking 10 18-10-2009 11:30 PM
Today's great find koko General Cooking 8 22-09-2008 02:50 AM
Latest Ti Kuan Yin find stePH Tea 34 17-02-2006 08:21 PM