Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Today's great find

I had to stop by Viejas Outlet Mall on our way to town. As we pulled
into the parking lot we saw the signs stating they were having San
Diego's largest Garage Sale. Well, it wasn't all _that_large but it
sure had a lot going on. I am keeping an eye out for some coffee mugs
so I went and gave it a quick look.

I didn't find any coffee mugs but I did find these Lodge brand cast
iron fajita skillets that I couldn't pass up. They were at the booth
the Hard Rock Cafe had set up. Man, they had all kinds of neat new and
used restaurant equipment, and all proceeds went to charity.

On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
$23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.
http://i33.tinypic.com/35mh6ig.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/e6y98z.jpg

koko who still needs coffee mugs ;-)
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/20
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
> There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
> I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
> The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
> $23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
> They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.

First time, I read that as thirty-one pounds. I was going to ask for
photos of your biceps after you'd used these for a year.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:25:15 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>
>> On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
>> There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
>> I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
>> The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
>> $23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
>> They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.

>First time, I read that as thirty-one pounds. I was going to ask for
>photos of your biceps after you'd used these for a year.

Oh shoot Blinky, I should have put a space in there.
Dang, in a year? you should see those babies now ;-)

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/20
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> I had to stop by Viejas Outlet Mall on our way to town. As we pulled
> into the parking lot we saw the signs stating they were having San
> Diego's largest Garage Sale. Well, it wasn't all _that_large but it
> sure had a lot going on. I am keeping an eye out for some coffee mugs
> so I went and gave it a quick look.
>
> I didn't find any coffee mugs but I did find these Lodge brand cast
> iron fajita skillets that I couldn't pass up. They were at the booth
> the Hard Rock Cafe had set up. Man, they had all kinds of neat new and
> used restaurant equipment, and all proceeds went to charity.
>
> On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
> There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
> I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
> The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
> $23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
> They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/35mh6ig.jpg
> http://i34.tinypic.com/e6y98z.jpg
>
> koko who still needs coffee mugs ;-)
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 9/20

Great find......

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Dimitri wrote:

> "koko" > wrote in message
> >
> > I had to stop by Viejas Outlet Mall on our way to town. As we pulled
> > into the parking lot we saw the signs stating they were having San
> > Diego's largest Garage Sale. Well, it wasn't all _that_large but it
> > sure had a lot going on. I am keeping an eye out for some coffee mugs
> > so I went and gave it a quick look.
> >
> > I didn't find any coffee mugs but I did find these Lodge brand cast
> > iron fajita skillets that I couldn't pass up. They were at the booth
> > the Hard Rock Cafe had set up. Man, they had all kinds of neat new and
> > used restaurant equipment, and all proceeds went to charity.
> >
> > On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
> > There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
> > I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
> > The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
> > $23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
> > They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.
> > http://i33.tinypic.com/35mh6ig.jpg
> > http://i34.tinypic.com/e6y98z.jpg
> >
> > koko who still needs coffee mugs ;-)
> > There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> > George Bernard Shaw
> > www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> > updated 9/20

> Great find......
>
> Dimitri

Yeah, and I'm jealous!

Sky, who needs some more cast-iron in the kitchen

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> "koko" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I had to stop by Viejas Outlet Mall on our way to town. As we pulled
>> > into the parking lot we saw the signs stating they were having San
>> > Diego's largest Garage Sale. Well, it wasn't all _that_large but it
>> > sure had a lot going on. I am keeping an eye out for some coffee mugs
>> > so I went and gave it a quick look.
>> >
>> > I didn't find any coffee mugs but I did find these Lodge brand cast
>> > iron fajita skillets that I couldn't pass up. They were at the booth
>> > the Hard Rock Cafe had set up. Man, they had all kinds of neat new and
>> > used restaurant equipment, and all proceeds went to charity.
>> >
>> > On the table they had some stacks of the skillets for $4.00 each.
>> > There was one unopened box on the table that had 6 skillets in it.
>> > I could have the box of 6 for $20.00.
>> > The skillets and the thermal slide on hot pads cost me a total of
>> > $23.00 Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
>> > They are pre seasoned and weigh 3lbs each.
>> > http://i33.tinypic.com/35mh6ig.jpg
>> > http://i34.tinypic.com/e6y98z.jpg
>> >
>> > koko who still needs coffee mugs ;-)
>> > There is no love more sincere than the love of food
>> > George Bernard Shaw
>> > www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> > updated 9/20

>> Great find......
>>
>> Dimitri

> Yeah, and I'm jealous!
>
> Sky, who needs some more cast-iron in the kitchen

If you really want more Cast iron the best sources in order of success a

Estate Sales
Garage sales
Good Will Stores.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Dimitri wrote:

> "Sky" > wrote in message
> > Dimitri wrote:

> >> Great find......
> >>
> >> Dimitri

> > Yeah, and I'm jealous!
> >
> > Sky, who needs some more cast-iron in the kitchen
> >

> If you really want more Cast iron the best sources in order of success a
>
> Estate Sales
> Garage sales
> Good Will Stores.
>
> Dimitri

Yep I keep my eyes open and ride by a few good estate/garage sales
from time to time whilst on my bicycle. GW and SA are my stores of
choice, most of the time. Another good option are "ReStores" sponsored
by Habitat for Humanity (check the website for locations). "Farm and
Fleet" is another good store with very good prices too, as is "Big R"
(farm and ranch supply stores). Thanks <G>.

Sky, who can rarely pass a good bargain

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message

<Snip>

>> > Yeah, and I'm jealous!
>> >
>> > Sky, who needs some more cast-iron in the kitchen
>> >

>> If you really want more Cast iron the best sources in order of success
>>
>> Estate Sales
>> Garage sales
>> Good Will Stores.
>>
>> Dimitri

> Yep I keep my eyes open and ride by a few good estate/garage sales
> from time to time whilst on my bicycle. GW and SA are my stores of
> choice, most of the time. Another good option are "ReStores" sponsored
> by Habitat for Humanity (check the website for locations). "Farm and
> Fleet" is another good store with very good prices too, as is "Big R"
> (farm and ranch supply stores). Thanks <G>.
>
> Sky, who can rarely pass a good bargain
>
> --
> Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
> Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Happy to help last year I gave 8 duplicates I had to my daughters.

Most of the time I use a Griswold 8 that rarely gets put away.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:01:30 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> "koko" > wrote in message

snippage
>I did find these Lodge brand cast iron fajita skillets that I couldn't pass up.

and more snippage

>> Great find......
>>
>> Dimitri

>Yeah, and I'm jealous!
>
>Sky, who needs some more cast-iron in the kitchen

Thanks guys,
Trust me. I'm the one that never finds the great deals so I'm jazzed.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/20

My latest great find. koko General Cooking 2 21-10-2016 02:17 PM
A great find Gloria P General Cooking 10 18-10-2009 11:30 PM
Find great Recipe Books here [email protected] General Cooking 0 01-02-2007 09:14 PM
New Food Find! Great treat melanie Chocolate 0 08-02-2005 05:54 AM
Help me find great apple pie Victor General Cooking 1 05-10-2004 10:06 PM