Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich with cup of "aujus"

I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
wonderful.

I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
for eating roast beef?

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:34:30 -0400, William > wrote:

>I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
>sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
>sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
>but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
>wonderful.
>
>I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
>the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
>for eating roast beef?

Most likely beef bouillon powder... restaurant supply emporiums sell
it in bulk.
http://www.myspicer.com/shop/beef-base-granules/
https://store.veganessentials.com/be...sel-p2897.aspx
http://www.firehousepantrystore.com/lbbeefbrpw15fs.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 10:35:04 AM UTC-4, BigC300 wrote:
> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
> wonderful.
>
> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
> for eating roast beef?
>
> William

It might be this:

<https://www.amazon.com/Minors-Jus-Concentrate-Beef-Ounce/dp/B00J4B18VG>

The classic au jus is indeed made as you said, but most restaurants (and
definitely Arby's) use a package. I'm confident that Arby's roast beef
product (it's chopped, pressed, and formed) is cooked at the factory.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

William wrote:
> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
> wonderful.
>
> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
> for eating roast beef?
>
> William

so "aujus" is finally an official word that means "juice"

awesome

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> William wrote:
> > I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
> > sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
> > sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
> > but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
> > wonderful.
> >
> > I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
> > the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
> > for eating roast beef?
> >
> > William

> so "aujus" is finally an official word that means "juice"
>
> awesome

"This is teh most Tushar Samant thing that you have ever said"

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:02:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 10:35:04 AM UTC-4, BigC300 wrote:
>> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
>> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
>> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
>> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
>> wonderful.
>>
>> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
>> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
>> for eating roast beef?
>>
>> William

>It might be this:
>
><https://www.amazon.com/Minors-Jus-Concentrate-Beef-Ounce/dp/B00J4B18VG>
>
>The classic au jus is indeed made as you said, but most restaurants (and
>definitely Arby's) use a package. I'm confident that Arby's roast beef
>product (it's chopped, pressed, and formed) is cooked at the factory.

It's simply amazing how much STUPID SHIT you can find on the Net.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2016 11:11 AM, tert in seattle wrote:
> William wrote:
>> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
>> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
>> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
>> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
>> wonderful.
>>
>> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
>> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
>> for eating roast beef?
>>
>> William

> so "aujus" is finally an official word that means "juice"
>
> awesome

Only for the language-challenged."au"= with, and in this case, "jus" is
short for "jus de viande" aka gravy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Greatest! wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> William wrote:
>> > I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
>> > sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
>> > sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
>> > but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
>> > wonderful.
>> >
>> > I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
>> > the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
>> > for eating roast beef?
>> >
>> > William

>> so "aujus" is finally an official word that means "juice"
>>
>> awesome

> "This is teh most Tushar Samant thing that you have ever said"

cite

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You can find Johnny's French Dip concentrated juice on the supermarket
shelf. If I want a French Dip sandwich without cooking a roast, I mix some of
that with some Better Than Bouillion Beef flavor paste, plus a little water, and a packet or two
of "Aus Jus" powder mixed with the required two cups of water. All together,
it makes a great dipping juice. I buy sliced real roast beef at the deli counter
and the right kind of roll. Heat your juice mixture, warm the rolls, dip the
roast beef slices briefly in the juice, make your sandwich, and yum.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:13:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:02:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> It might be this:
>>
>> <https://www.amazon.com/Minors-Jus-Concentrate-Beef-Ounce/dp/B00J4B18VG>

>I bought this once maybe 12-15 years ago. It is good stuff (as is
>most of Minor's) but you can't reasonably buy it off the web, or
>unless have an account with Sysco or other foodservice distributor.
>
>-sw

Does it taste good enough to dunk your roast beef sandwich in it?
There's something about that shaved razor thin stack of beef in a bun
and dipping it in the au jus...umm good!

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:05:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:34:30 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
>> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
>> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
>> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
>> wonderful.
>>
>> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
>> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
>> for eating roast beef?

>It's not made from the drippings of their roast beef. It's a chemical
>concoction who ingredients are readily available on the web.
>
>Water, Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch,
>Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins (corn, soy, and wheat), Sugar, Salt,
>Palm Oil, Beef Fat (TBHQ, and citric acid added to protect
>flavor), Dried Beef Stock, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Onion
>Powder, Contains 2% or less of the following: Soybean Oil,
>Caramel Color, Natural Flavoring (contains milk), Disodium
>Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Lactic Acid, Caramel Color,
>Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Beef Extract, Beef Stock,
>DATEM.
>
>You want it home? Buy some beef broth or mix beef broth with:
>
>http://johnnysfinefoods.com/products...ncentrate-8oz/
>
>-sw

thanks Steve, I need me a big jar pf that stuff!

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:36:59 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>You can find Johnny's French Dip concentrated juice on the supermarket
>shelf. If I want a French Dip sandwich without cooking a roast, I mix some of
>that with some Better Than Bouillion Beef flavor paste, plus a little water, and a packet or two
>of "Aus Jus" powder mixed with the required two cups of water. All together,
>it makes a great dipping juice. I buy sliced real roast beef at the deli counter
>and the right kind of roll. Heat your juice mixture, warm the rolls, dip the
>roast beef slices briefly in the juice, make your sandwich, and yum.
>
>N.

semi-homemade

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:59:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:08:20 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:13:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>I bought this once maybe 12-15 years ago. It is good stuff (as is
>>>most of Minor's) but you can't reasonably buy it off the web, or
>>>unless have an account with Sysco or other foodservice distributor.

>> Does it taste good enough to dunk your roast beef sandwich in it?
>> There's something about that shaved razor thin stack of beef in a bun
>> and dipping it in the au jus...umm good!

>You would not like it. It would be way too spicy for you.
>
>-sw

today at Costco, my wife gave me a sample of an Asian dumpling with
Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, it didn't send me into a coughing fit,
bought a jar.

William
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:34:30 -0400, William wrote:
>
> > I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
> > sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
> > sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
> > but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
> > wonderful.
> >
> > I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
> > the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
> > for eating roast beef?

> It's not made from the drippings of their roast beef. It's a chemical
> concoction who ingredients are readily available on the web.
>
> Water, Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch,
> Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins (corn, soy, and wheat), Sugar, Salt,
> Palm Oil, Beef Fat (TBHQ, and citric acid added to protect
> flavor), Dried Beef Stock, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Onion
> Powder, Contains 2% or less of the following: Soybean Oil,
> Caramel Color, Natural Flavoring (contains milk), Disodium
> Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Lactic Acid, Caramel Color,
> Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Beef Extract, Beef Stock,
> DATEM.
>
> You want it home? Buy some beef broth or mix beef broth with:
>
> http://johnnysfinefoods.com/products...ncentrate-8oz/

See if you can find a jar of Au Jus Base (like beef base or chicken
base); it's hugely better than Johnny's.

Isaac

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote:

> Even Swanson's Beef Borth with a little extra Better Than Bullion(sp?)
> beef base added makes a perfectly acceptable french dip au jus.

A tablespoon or more of Better Than Bouillon (looked in the fridge for
spelling) and a couple of Herbox cubes makes a dandy broth for a beef
stew or soup without all the mess from browning the beef. I don't even
need much or any salt.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

Great photo as always.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 6:10:48 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:05:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:34:30 -0400, William wrote:
> >
> >> I have been driving past Arby's for years ignoring their roast beef
> >> sandwiches. Until recently, I saw a commercial for their roast beef
> >> sliders with a side cup of "aujus". This stuff looks like black coffee
> >> but when you dunk that roast beef sandwich in it...oh my, it's
> >> wonderful.
> >>
> >> I assume this delicious sauce is made with the drippings from cooking
> >> the roast beef. Anybody have experience making this wonderful sauce
> >> for eating roast beef?

> >It's not made from the drippings of their roast beef. It's a chemical
> >concoction who ingredients are readily available on the web.
> >
> >Water, Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch,
> >Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins (corn, soy, and wheat), Sugar, Salt,
> >Palm Oil, Beef Fat (TBHQ, and citric acid added to protect
> >flavor), Dried Beef Stock, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Onion
> >Powder, Contains 2% or less of the following: Soybean Oil,
> >Caramel Color, Natural Flavoring (contains milk), Disodium
> >Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Lactic Acid, Caramel Color,
> >Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Beef Extract, Beef Stock,
> >DATEM.
> >
> >You want it home? Buy some beef broth or mix beef broth with:
> >
> >http://johnnysfinefoods.com/products...ncentrate-8oz/
> >
> >-sw

> thanks Steve, I need me a big jar pf that stuff!
>
> William

Not to doubt you the list of concocted ingredients sounds about right. Where can I get irrefutable proof of this 'Chemistry Set List" of ingredients?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:14:52 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:59:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:08:20 -0400, William wrote:

> >> Does it taste good enough to dunk your roast beef sandwich in it?
> >> There's something about that shaved razor thin stack of beef in a bun
> >> and dipping it in the au jus...umm good!

> >You would not like it. It would be way too spicy for you.
> >
> >-sw

> today at Costco, my wife gave me a sample of an Asian dumpling with
> Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, it didn't send me into a coughing fit,
> bought a jar.
>
> William

If you go to the Johnny's website you can get their sauce for 1/2 price what's being sold on Amazon