Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT HPV Vaccine

Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
news about it.

http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/26/2016 11:07 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
>> news about it.
>>
>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/
>>

> http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

BAZINGA!!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More
>> bad
>> news about it.
>>
>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/
>>

> http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

I don't think cancer was mentioned in my link. Early menopause was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/26/2016 11:07 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More
>>> bad
>>> news about it.
>>>
>>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/
>>>

>> http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

> BAZINGA!!

What does that mean?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:32:51 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
> news about it.
>
> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

Not a reliable source. circleofdocs.com is "the online place for everything
chiropractic". Many states do not allow them to prescribe medicines,
which would include vaccines.

Show us the results of a properly conducted double-blind experiment or
at least a good longitudinal study. If you don't know what those terms
mean, you are not qualified to assess the quality of your sources.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:57:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
>news about it.
>
>http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

You're a very dangerous person when you mix your stupidity with
medical knowledge. 'circle of docs' - just that should tell you what
trash you are reading.

I'll put you in the box with the so-called doctor who proclaimed the
whooping cough vaccine gave kids autism - just remind yourself how
much harm he did.

Is your daughter vaccinated for HPV? No? I am not surprised, feel
bad, very bad if and when she has cancer of the cervix etc. How will
you explain to her then that the 'circle of docs' said!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 6:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:32:51 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
>> news about it.
>>
>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

> Not a reliable source. circleofdocs.com is "the online place for everything
> chiropractic". Many states do not allow them to prescribe medicines,
> which would include vaccines.
>
> Show us the results of a properly conducted double-blind experiment or
> at least a good longitudinal study. If you don't know what those terms
> mean, you are not qualified to assess the quality of your sources.

I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
because she listens to quacks.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens

Sqwertz brought next idea :
> I don't care WTF y'all are talking about but I know it's an Evil
> thread.
>
> It has no place in a food group. Go get a Facebook account and stop
> trolling here.
>
> 0sw

Why shouldn't you eat your girlfriend's peas?

Because they are herpes.

Happy now?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV

A guy I know is just recovering from a bout of throat cancer, it was apparently caused by HPV...scary!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
> because she listens to quacks.

I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
got the vaccination and we're all still here.

IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and get
it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.

Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the vaccine
while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18 now.
It's her choice, not Julies call.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 11:50 AM, The Greatest! wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV

> A guy I know is just recovering from a bout of throat cancer,
> it was apparently caused by HPV...scary!

Michael Douglas, too. Considering how widespread this
thing is, I wouldn't want to explain to my kid why I
didn't take steps to prevent their cancer when I could.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:50:45 AM UTC-6, The Greatest! wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV

> A guy I know is just recovering from a bout of throat cancer, it was apparently caused by HPV...scary!
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

For Khrist's sake get LOST...all these bullshit posts complete with lies, innuendo and total bullshit.
What is with you? Are you a complete nut-case?
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove > wrote:

> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More
>>> bad
>>> news about it.
>>>
>>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/
>>>

>> http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

> I don't think cancer was mentioned in my link. Early menopause was.

I don't think you read either article past the headline.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 4:52:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:57:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
> >news about it.
> >
> >http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

> You're a very dangerous person when you mix your stupidity with
> medical knowledge. 'circle of docs' - just that should tell you what
> trash you are reading.
>
> I'll put you in the box with the so-called doctor who proclaimed the
> whooping cough vaccine gave kids autism - just remind yourself how
> much harm he did.
>
> Is your daughter vaccinated for HPV? No? I am not surprised, feel
> bad, very bad if and when she has cancer of the cervix etc. How will
> you explain to her then that the 'circle of docs' said!

I totally agree Lucretia...these QUACKS are causing great damage. I have a step-daughter who is an anti-VAXXER and it just makes me so angry with her. Logic is something that Julie lacks and it is quite pointless to even contemplate changing her attitude.
====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 12:02:47 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
>> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
>> because she listens to quacks.

>I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>got the vaccination and we're all still here.

No Gary, there are many who might have been here, if they'd had the
chance. There was one poster here too who made reference to the
beginning of her troubles coming from this, not the vaccine.

The vaccine has been in regular use for ten years now, that's more
than a trial.

>IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and get
>it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.
>
>Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the vaccine
>while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18 now.
>It's her choice, not Julies call.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 09:24:14 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 4:52:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:57:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
>> >news about it.
>> >
>> >http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

>> You're a very dangerous person when you mix your stupidity with
>> medical knowledge. 'circle of docs' - just that should tell you what
>> trash you are reading.
>>
>> I'll put you in the box with the so-called doctor who proclaimed the
>> whooping cough vaccine gave kids autism - just remind yourself how
>> much harm he did.
>>
>> Is your daughter vaccinated for HPV? No? I am not surprised, feel
>> bad, very bad if and when she has cancer of the cervix etc. How will
>> you explain to her then that the 'circle of docs' said!

>I totally agree Lucretia...these QUACKS are causing great damage. I have a step-daughter who is an anti-VAXXER and it just makes me so angry with her. Logic is something that Julie lacks and it is quite pointless to even contemplate changing her attitude.
>====

Well I know you are up there so like me you will remember childhood
days when friends had measles, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever,
diptheria, German measles, not to mention the dreaded Polio.

As vaccines came along they saved so many kids and now because todays
parents never experienced what you, I and my kids did, they have these
nutcase ideas. They are slightly safer because still a majority of
the population has been vaccinated, but it is dropping quite fast now,
to whit the measles flurry a couple of years ago.

It makes me angry too that they so carelessly throw away a heaven sent
opportunity for their child. True as Gary pointed out, her daughter
may be past 18 but she still has years to get cancers related to the
lack of the HPV shot. I hope she has enough brain in her bloody head
to feel guilty if Angela gets a cancer, she should.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:32:51 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More bad
>> news about it.
>>
>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

> Not a reliable source. circleofdocs.com is "the online place for everything
> chiropractic". Many states do not allow them to prescribe medicines,
> which would include vaccines.
>
> Show us the results of a properly conducted double-blind experiment or
> at least a good longitudinal study. If you don't know what those terms
> mean, you are not qualified to assess the quality of your sources.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The original article source was The Inquisitr, which is just another "news"
organization a la The National Enquirer. Not to mention, the "American
College of Pediatricians" (60-200 members) is not a reliable source either.
It was founded as a socially conservative, Christian, faith-based
organization set to oppose stances made by the American Academy of
Pediatrics (60,000 members) that it views as harmful. Namely, it was
founded to oppose the adoption of children by *** couples. Know your
source.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:

> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
> got the vaccination and we're all still here.

Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine.
How about the dead people?

How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine? I
know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of the
first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.

If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 12:02:47 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>>
>>> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
>>> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
>>> because she listens to quacks.

>> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>> got the vaccination and we're all still here.

> No Gary, there are many who might have been here, if they'd had the
> chance. There was one poster here too who made reference to the
> beginning of her troubles coming from this, not the vaccine.
>
> The vaccine has been in regular use for ten years now, that's more
> than a trial.
>>
>> IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and get
>> it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.
>>
>> Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the vaccine
>> while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18 now.
>> It's her choice, not Julies call.

Gary also misses the point that cervical cancer is one of the most
treatable cancers if caught early (thanks to the Pap smear) so he's not all
that likely to hear of people dying from cervical cancer, or even talking
about it, since it is mostly a women's private issue. We may all still be
here, but that in no way means some of us haven't been affected.

--
jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 12:17 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:50:45 AM UTC-6, The Greatest! wrote:

>> A guy I know is just recovering from a bout of throat cancer, it was apparently caused by HPV...scary!

> For Khrist's sake get LOST...all these bullshit posts complete with lies, innuendo and total bullshit.
> What is with you? Are you a complete nut-case?

Where's the lie here?

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2

or

http://tinyurl.com/ja8lo7q

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 12:01:23 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> > I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
> > thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
> > because she listens to quacks.

> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself.

That's 10 years for the HPV vaccine.

> My daughter never got it.
> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
> got the vaccination and we're all still here.

The same could be said for my mother's generation and the polio vaccine,
yet my generation all had the vaccine.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
>

> > I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
> > the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
> > That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
> > got the vaccination and we're all still here.
> >

> Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine.
> How about the dead people?
>
> How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine? I
> know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of the
> first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.
>
> If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

I certainly would have thought about it and investigated. That said, I
remember in the 70's with the Swine Flu and they really needed everyone
to get that vaccination. Tin foil hat for me...no way... Even had a
friend that wouldn't let us into her house that winter unless we had
that shot. As it turned out, I personally never knew anyone that got
the Swine Flu. Now ever since then, it's flu shots every year that
people run out to get. I don't think so. Homey don't play that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jinx the minx wrote:

> Gary also misses the point that cervical cancer is one of the most
> treatable cancers if caught early (thanks to the Pap smear) so he's not all
> that likely to hear of people dying from cervical cancer, or even talking
> about it, since it is mostly a women's private issue. We may all still be
> here, but that in no way means some of us haven't been affected.

And as I've stated before. I'll give my opinion. That's what I believe
but I'm always willing to listen to arguments without name-calling. I
don't claim to be a know it all. Make a good argument and I'm listening
and I'm willing to learn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 13:47:31 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
>>

>> > I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>> > the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>> > That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>> > got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>> >

>> Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine.
>> How about the dead people?
>>
>> How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine? I
>> know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of the
>> first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.
>>
>> If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

>I certainly would have thought about it and investigated. That said, I
>remember in the 70's with the Swine Flu and they really needed everyone
>to get that vaccination. Tin foil hat for me...no way... Even had a
>friend that wouldn't let us into her house that winter unless we had
>that shot. As it turned out, I personally never knew anyone that got
>the Swine Flu. Now ever since then, it's flu shots every year that
>people run out to get. I don't think so. Homey don't play that.

I had the Swine Flu and it was terrible. Since then I have always had
a flu shot, originally because of David, my doc pointed out I should
consider him before myself. Starting with the search for a vaccine
for Avian flu, I have been a guinea pig on many flu studies. Never
been hurt and never had flu since the Swine in the mid 70s.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 11:06:29 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/27/2016 12:17 PM, Roy wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:50:45 AM UTC-6, The Greatest! wrote:

> >> A guy I know is just recovering from a bout of throat cancer, it was apparently caused by HPV...scary!

> > For Khrist's sake get LOST...all these bullshit posts complete with lies, innuendo and total bullshit.
> > What is with you? Are you a complete nut-case?

> Where's the lie here?
>
> http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ja8lo7q
>
> nancy

Damn, I put that in the wrong posting. Should have been in another one of his other irritating posts.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 11:06:29 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:

> > > For Khrist's sake get LOST...all these bullshit posts complete with lies, innuendo and total bullshit.
> > > What is with you? Are you a complete nut-case?

> > Where's the lie here?
> >
> > http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/ja8lo7q
> >
> > nancy

> Damn, I put that in the wrong posting. Should have been in another one of his other irritating posts.
> ====

Got you sputtering again, old man....BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA........!!!!!!!!!

8-P

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 2:10 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 11:06:29 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Where's the lie here?
>>
>> http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ja8lo7q

> Damn, I put that in the wrong posting. Should have been in another one of his other irritating posts.

This thread dredged up an ancient memory of a boyfriend mentioning
that oral cancers were on the rise, he heard it on some talk show.
When asked why that was, the doctor on the interview hesitated
and said The new morality.

Whatever, I didn't know it then but they must have been
discussing HPV.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-27 1:47 PM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I certainly would have thought about it and investigated. That said, I
> remember in the 70's with the Swine Flu and they really needed everyone
> to get that vaccination. Tin foil hat for me...no way... Even had a
> friend that wouldn't let us into her house that winter unless we had
> that shot. As it turned out, I personally never knew anyone that got
> the Swine Flu. Now ever since then, it's flu shots every year that
> people run out to get. I don't think so. Homey don't play that.

Think of it as the herd immunity. If enough people get a vaccination it
reduces the chances of encounters with carriers. I don't remember if it
was last year or the year before that there was a big panic to get a flu
shot because of an especially nasty strain that was going around. As it
turned out, there were very few people that caught that serious flu. It
lead some to suggest that the fears had been exaggerated. I am more
inclined to see the vaccine program having been a big success. When I
was a kid we were all vaccinated against polio and small pox and other
heavy duty diseases. Some people may be arguing now that they are no
longer necessary because the diseases are so rare, but they are rare
because of the programs. Stick a bunch of people together in a war torn
nation and there is a good chance that those illnesses will return.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:

>>> http://www.snopes.com/pediatricians-...e-cancer-link/

>> I don't think cancer was mentioned in my link. Early menopause was.
>>

> I don't think you read either article past the headline.

I did skim it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/27/2016 6:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:32:51 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Am posting this here as there was a fairly recent discussion of it. More
>>> bad
>>> news about it.
>>>
>>> http://circleofdocs.com/hpv-vaccine-...arian-failure/

>> Not a reliable source. circleofdocs.com is "the online place for
>> everything
>> chiropractic". Many states do not allow them to prescribe medicines,
>> which would include vaccines.
>>
>> Show us the results of a properly conducted double-blind experiment or
>> at least a good longitudinal study. If you don't know what those terms
>> mean, you are not qualified to assess the quality of your sources.

> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
> because she listens to quacks.

Our Drs. are not quacks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
>> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
>> because she listens to quacks.

> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
> got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>
> IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and get
> it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.
>
> Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the vaccine
> while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18 now.
> It's her choice, not Julies call.

Heh. Last night at around 9:30, my husband freaked because he couldn't find
her. When he asked me where she was, I said in less than three hours, she
wouldn't be our responsibility any more so it wouldn't matter. Then he
freaked again! I don't sit here and watch her every move. I did know that
she was somewhere in the house, with her headphones on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
>

>> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>> got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>>

> Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine. How
> about the dead people?
>
> How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine? I
> know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of the
> first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.
>
> If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

Polio is hardly the same thing as cancer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove > wrote:

> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:

>>> I don't think cancer was mentioned in my link. Early menopause was.
>>>

>> I don't think you read either article past the headline.

> I did skim it.

Not well enough.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2016 3:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
>>

>>> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>>> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>>> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>>> got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>>>

>> Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine.
>> How about the dead people?
>>
>> How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine?
>> I know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of
>> the first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.
>>
>> If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

> Polio is hardly the same thing as cancer.

They both can be prevented with a vaccine. You are free to do what you
want but I'd go for protection.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >>
> >> I heard recently how more cancers are caused by HPV and I
> >> thought poor Angela, her mother will not get it for her
> >> because she listens to quacks.

> > I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
> > the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
> > That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
> > got the vaccination and we're all still here.
> >
> > IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and get
> > it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.
> >
> > Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the vaccine
> > while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18 now.
> > It's her choice, not Julies call.

> Heh. Last night at around 9:30, my husband freaked because he couldn't find
> her. When he asked me where she was, I said in less than three hours, she
> wouldn't be our responsibility any more so it wouldn't matter. Then he
> freaked again! I don't sit here and watch her every move. I did know that
> she was somewhere in the house, with her headphones on.

That's funny. You raised her to be the best she can be. Your lessons are
pretty much done now. She either gets them or not. It *is* a bit hard to
quit being the "in charge" parent though. I've been through that.
Sometimes just letting go is not so easy to do after being in charge for
so many years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 12:04:43 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 7/27/2016 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
>>

>>> I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and get
>>> the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>>> That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people here
>>> got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>>>

>> Great logic.. People are still alive to they never needed a vaccine. How
>> about the dead people?
>>
>> How long should our parents have waited to give is the polio vaccine? I
>> know people that had and and I'm damned glad my parents were some of the
>> first to get us vaccinated. Thank you Doctor Salk.
>>
>> If HPV was available at the time, my kids would have gotten it.

>Polio is hardly the same thing as cancer.

Oh, so polio is worse than cancer???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > I do have to side with Julie here though. You don't just run out and
>> > get
>> > the newest vaccine until it's proven itself. My daughter never got it.
>> > That's because it wasn't even available then. None of us old people
>> > here
>> > got the vaccination and we're all still here.
>> >
>> > IMO, it's like the newest version of Windows. Don't just run out and
>> > get
>> > it when it's released. Give it some time and let them fix things first.
>> >
>> > Anyway, Julie is out of the loop now. They recommend getting the
>> > vaccine
>> > while you're young and hopefully haven't had sex yet. Angela is 18
>> > now.
>> > It's her choice, not Julies call.

>> Heh. Last night at around 9:30, my husband freaked because he couldn't
>> find
>> her. When he asked me where she was, I said in less than three hours, she
>> wouldn't be our responsibility any more so it wouldn't matter. Then he
>> freaked again! I don't sit here and watch her every move. I did know that
>> she was somewhere in the house, with her headphones on.

> That's funny. You raised her to be the best she can be. Your lessons are
> pretty much done now. She either gets them or not. It *is* a bit hard to
> quit being the "in charge" parent though. I've been through that.
> Sometimes just letting go is not so easy to do after being in charge for
> so many years.

I think the adult part is just now sinking in. We went to the bank to switch
her account over, only to be told that the age change hasn't taken effect in
the computer yet and we'll have to go back tomorrow. Guy told her she could
come by herself. She begged me to come with her.

Didn't have time today to get her car put in her name. My car was low on
washer fluid and when we opened the hood, we discovered nuts in there. So
off to Les Schwab I went. They took care of both problems for me for no cost
and thankfully they said no wires or anything were damaged.

Then when I got home, there was a note under the door from Terminix telling
me that there was no rat or mouse activity. I just beg to differ. Unless
perhaps it was the squirrels that got my car.