Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Produce shortage?

On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
> nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be
> causing pain now?

We don't really care. The mention of you stepping on a nail or a piece
glass in the past and having health issues is not germain to the
discussion of produce shortages.

Sorry, but there are no seaononal produce shortages where I live. Then
again, I know what is available in season.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message

>>> What Doris says? Or me? I am not the only one to notice this. I have
>>> had conversations with many other customers about it. Especially with
>>> the tomatoes. I bought some vine ripened with partially green tomatoes
>>> on there. But at least they weren't wrinkled and mushy.

> I don't recall ever having conversations with other customers about
> produce. Even if I happen to meet someone I know in the grocery store.

We were picking through the large tomatoes, looking for good ones. I wanted
one for sandwiches. She told me she would be glad when summer was here.
Had another conversation at another store about strawberries. And then the
Costco lettuce. Had that guy not told me I should buy it, I probably
wouldn't have.

I don't need to know someone to talk to them. I'm a very friendly person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/25/2016 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> When did I say that my feet were painful?

> How many times have you mentioned swollen feet and need for special socks?
> How about when you stepped on the nail and allegedly didn't notice it for
> a week?
>
>> What would they be painful with? I don't remember saying this. Yes, I
>> am disabled. Does this mean
>> I should never go to the store?

> Seems to be why you shop a lot online.

That's not always why. I've been using catalogs long before the Internet.
That can be faster than traipsing around from store to store. The Internet
is faster still. I am redoing my room. Just got some Jody Bergsma prints.
She's a local artist but I found her stuff at a Christmas Tree Shop on Cape
Cod. Have bought it here too and twice I was lucky enough to have her sign
them personally.

Prints just came and I put them up but spatially, one area still needs more.
So I ordered a couple of Japanese fans to fill in the space. I know. How
very 80's of me. But it's a cheap, quick tip that I learned and it has
served me well. The fans may or may not stay there. I may opt to get a
larger print or even a few smaller ones. But they will do for now and
getting them took maybe 20 minutes of my time, if that.

>> Disabled people need exercise too you know and shopping is my main form
>> as I can hang on to the shopping cart
>> for balance.

> I'm sorry, but hanging on to the shopping cart is not exercise.

But the walking is.

> You're trying to make this way too pitiful. If you were that disabled
> you'd use one of the electric carts available. Unless, of course, Bothell
> is the one place so backwards none of the grocery stores have that sort of
> assistence for "disabled shoppers.

How so? What is pitiful here? That I find ways to do for myself? Or the
fact that no matter what I post here... Someone will take potshots at it?
Personally I think that's a bit pitiful but I don't want to harsh my mellow.
I have Feng Shui-ed myself into oblivion and am feeling the Zen.

Gonna go reheat the last of the chicken stew and nom. Oh snap. I forgot to
buy more of those cute little breadsticks at QFC. But I will have to go out
perhaps tomorrow so I may stop and get some.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
>> nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be
>> causing pain now?

> We don't really care. The mention of you stepping on a nail or a piece
> glass in the past and having health issues is not germain to the
> discussion of produce shortages.
>
> Sorry, but there are no seaononal produce shortages where I live. Then
> again, I know what is available in season.

I don't care who cares or doesn't care. I just dislike people making stuff
up about me or my daughter and then feeling the dog pile of those who
respond to the lies.

What did you have for dinner, Jill? Steamed broccoli again? Perhaps with a
pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess. If that's wrong, I'll go clean
my crystal ball. It's about time to do it anyway...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 11:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Sorry, but there are no seaononal produce shortages where I live.
>> Then again, I know what is available in season.

> What did you have for dinner, Jill?

I baked quiche. With fresh eggs, cream and cheese.

> Steamed broccoli again?

Nope, spinach. Frozen spinach, because it's not in season yet. I have
know idea what you don't understand about "seasonal" or "local" when
people talk about produce.

> Perhaps with a pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess.

Incorrect guess.

>If that's wrong, I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to do it anyway...

Yeah, you really need to drop and break that crystal ball. You don't
know what the hell you're talking about.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/26/2016 11:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Sorry, but there are no seaononal produce shortages where I live.
>>> Then again, I know what is available in season.

>> What did you have for dinner, Jill?

> I baked quiche. With fresh eggs, cream and cheese.
>
>> Steamed broccoli again?

> Nope, spinach. Frozen spinach, because it's not in season yet. I have
> know idea what you don't understand about "seasonal" or "local" when
> people talk about produce.

I think you mean "no" idea. And I fully understand what that means.

>> Perhaps with a pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess.

> Incorrect guess.
>
>>If that's wrong, I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to do it
>>anyway...

> Yeah, you really need to drop and break that crystal ball. You don't know
> what the hell you're talking about.

Sorry. Not likely to break. It's real quartz. Ima go clean it now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:35:15 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Is it tomato season where you live? Heck, I live just a few miles away
>>> from tomato farms and a tomato processing plant but I'm not yet finding
>>> good fresh local tomatoes. It's too early even with our very mild
>>> weather.

>> Of course it's not. It's not really the season for anything here expect
>> perhaps asparagus and some onions.

> You produce is coming from all over the U.S. (and Mexico, and South
> America). It has nothing to do with what season it is there in the
> Seattle area.

Yes. I do know that. But she was talking of local and seasonal. I am not
entirely sure where the asparagus was grown. The Walla Walla Sweets should
be around any time now. I did see some new to the store sweet onions the
other day. Did not check to see what they were. But they were small so I
assume not those. They looked good too but I did not need them.

I read an interesting book by a woman who vowed to eat only local and
seasonal. That seemed to work for her. But... If we were to do that, we'd
never get things like bananas, citrus fruits and probably most nuts and
olives. It's a nice concept but IMO doesn't work so well in reality.

I've been watching some shows about people who live in the wild in Alaska.
One family keeps a large stock of beans and rice just in case. But they
mostly forage and hunt. One woman dug up something that she referred to as
Indian potatoes. They were long skinny roots that didn't seem to have much
edible stuff to them. They showed her peeling them but didn't focus much on
the actual cooking method. I could only tell that she used the stove top.

I then tried looking them up but still don't know what they are as there
seems to be two different plants referred to as such. One seems to be a
form of sunflower.

Where I am going with this is that in parts of Alaska it would be slim
pickin's for most of the year if they only ate locally grown stuff. They
have a very short growing season and in some areas, very little is grown at
all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 1:00 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> What did you have for dinner, Jill?

>> I baked quiche. With fresh eggs, cream and cheese.
>>
>>> Steamed broccoli again?

>> Nope, spinach. Frozen spinach, because it's not in season yet. I
>> have know idea what you don't understand about "seasonal" or "local"
>> when people talk about produce.

> I think you mean "no" idea. And I fully understand what that means.

Oh, goody, your clarity has improved to the point where you can pick up
on and understand a sentence with typos! I'm thrilled.

>>> Perhaps with a pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess.

>> Incorrect guess.
>>
>>> If that's wrong, I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to
>>> do it anyway...

>> Yeah, you really need to drop and break that crystal ball. You don't
>> know what the hell you're talking about.

> Sorry. Not likely to break. It's real quartz. Ima go clean it now.

How silly. Tonight I'll be baking cod fillets and cooking (not from a
can) wild rice. I have not decided on the vegetable as yet. But OMG,
it might be broccoli!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area?

snip
Have you considered what day of the week and what time of day you
shop? (please, this is an honest attempt to help you with the issue as
you have stated it)
I know that some of the stores that I shop have specific times when a
certain kinds of food (produce, for instance) shows up. And, even
then, if they are really busy unloading, the stuff could be there but
still be on the loading dock.
If you ask, the service desk will tell you when is a good time to shop
for fresh produce. Remember, even after the trucks arrive, the
produce has to be placed on the shopping floor.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 3:18 PM, Je�us wrote:
> Hope you enjoyed the self-indulgence.

Hope you realize what a ****ing turd you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 3:21 PM, Je�us wrote:
> I can't
> be bothered trawling through thousands of posts trying to find the
> relevant quotes.

Then just STFU and bugger off, rabbit killer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 4:45 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 9:52:44 AM UTC-6, onglet wrote:
>> On 4/25/2016 9:34 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> you must be obsessed with the
>>> shape of bananas, I bet you can't resist feeling them.
>>>

>> Know what, 'little man', I did WARN you about bullying her, now didn't I?
>>
>> Do you and your fugly high school reunion mug need some more face time here?
>>
>> Reign it in Shelly, Or I'll ride you like the swayback nag you are!

> Don't you mean "rein" it in"? Omelet, you are getting worse...please quit threatening people. Its just not in you to be so violent.
> ====

You have perceptual errors roy boy, get some psycvhiatric help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 4:50 PM, Roy wrote:
> you are SPOILED...and don't deny that you said it either.
> ====

YOU are an asshole and a failed meat handler, do not deny it either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 8:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
>> nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be
>> causing pain now?

> We don't really care.

This post says yes you do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 9:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 4/25/2016 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
>>> nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be
>>> causing pain now?

>> We don't really care. The mention of you stepping on a nail or a
>> piece glass in the past and having health issues is not germain to the
>> discussion of produce shortages.
>>
>> Sorry, but there are no seaononal produce shortages where I live.
>> Then again, I know what is available in season.

> I don't care who cares or doesn't care. I just dislike people making
> stuff up about me or my daughter and then feeling the dog pile of those
> who respond to the lies.
>
> What did you have for dinner, Jill? Steamed broccoli again? Perhaps
> with a pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess. If that's wrong,
> I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to do it anyway...

LOLOLOL!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 9:55 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> If that's wrong, I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to do
>> it anyway...

> Yeah, you really need to drop and break that crystal ball. You don't
> know what the hell you're talking about.
>
> Jill

Get trolled much?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/26/2016 11:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> What did you have for dinner, Jill?

>> I baked quiche. With fresh eggs, cream and cheese.
>>
>>> Steamed broccoli again?

>> Nope, spinach. Frozen spinach, because it's not in season yet. I
>> have know idea what you don't understand about "seasonal" or "local"
>> when people talk about produce.

> I think you mean "no" idea. And I fully understand what that means.
>>
>>> Perhaps with a pork chop and a small potato. Just a guess.

>> Incorrect guess.
>>
>>> If that's wrong, I'll go clean my crystal ball. It's about time to
>>> do it anyway...

>> Yeah, you really need to drop and break that crystal ball. You don't
>> know what the hell you're talking about.

> Sorry. Not likely to break. It's real quartz. Ima go clean it now.

LOLOLOL!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area?

> snip
> Have you considered what day of the week and what time of day you
> shop? (please, this is an honest attempt to help you with the issue as
> you have stated it)
> I know that some of the stores that I shop have specific times when a
> certain kinds of food (produce, for instance) shows up. And, even
> then, if they are really busy unloading, the stuff could be there but
> still be on the loading dock.
> If you ask, the service desk will tell you when is a good time to shop
> for fresh produce. Remember, even after the trucks arrive, the
> produce has to be placed on the shopping floor.
> Janet US

Aside from taking my mom shopping, there is no specific day. And the time
is always later in the day. And no, I doubt that the service desk could
tell me that. I've given up on getting any sort of useful information from
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 12:27:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area?

>> snip
>> Have you considered what day of the week and what time of day you
>> shop? (please, this is an honest attempt to help you with the issue as
>> you have stated it)
>> I know that some of the stores that I shop have specific times when a
>> certain kinds of food (produce, for instance) shows up. And, even
>> then, if they are really busy unloading, the stuff could be there but
>> still be on the loading dock.
>> If you ask, the service desk will tell you when is a good time to shop
>> for fresh produce. Remember, even after the trucks arrive, the
>> produce has to be placed on the shopping floor.
>> Janet US

>Aside from taking my mom shopping, there is no specific day. And the time
>is always later in the day. And no, I doubt that the service desk could
>tell me that. I've given up on getting any sort of useful information from
>them.

Them? Whose them??? Howzabout shoving your wilted lettuce up your
handicapped mom's filthy ass!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 2:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> Aside from taking my mom shopping, there is no specific day. And the time
>> is always later in the day. And no, I doubt that the service desk could
>> tell me that. I've given up on getting any sort of useful information from
>> them.

> Them? Whose them??? Howzabout shoving your wilted lettuce up your
> handicapped mom's filthy ass!

I think you need your insolent little face rearranged.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > snip

> > > This is an admirable personal philosophy that you have. I'm sure
> > > that we could all benefit from copying it down and referring to
> > > it from time to time.
> > > Janet US

> > Actually, if genuinely used, it is an admirable thing. I got
> > stupid on this one last weekend. I got myself a cane with a fold
> > out seat just for shopping trips so I don't frustrate my daughter
> > with us having to leave early. Did I bring it? Nope. I didn't
> > like the idea and thought the trip would be short enough to manage
> > without it. Silly me.

> I have a cane but find that it slows me down further. When shopping,
> I have been known to sit on the floor if need be. Haven't had to do
> that for years. Most stores these days seem to have some sort of
> furniture now.

Well, I've had to sit on the floor in the past 6 months so got a
special cane that has a fold out seat then got stupid (I admit it) and
didnt use it.

I'll not go to the mall again without it. I did have fun shopping with
my daughter but I need to use that now so I do not frustrate us both
with my back not being able to handle the trip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 4/25/2016 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > When did I say that my feet were painful?

> How many times have you mentioned swollen feet and need for special
> socks? How about when you stepped on the nail and allegedly didn't
> notice it for a week?
>
> > What would they be painful with? I don't remember saying this.
> > Yes, I am disabled. Does this mean I should never go to the store?

> Seems to be why you shop a lot online.
>
> > Disabled people need exercise too you know and shopping is my main
> > form as I can hang on to the shopping cart for balance.

> I'm sorry, but hanging on to the shopping cart is not exercise.
>
> You're trying to make this way too pitiful. If you were that
> disabled you'd use one of the electric carts available. Unless, of
> course, Bothell is the one place so backwards none of the grocery
> stores have that sort of assistence for "disabled shoppers.
>
> Jill

Actually Jill, thats not quite how it works.

Many areas don't have enough carts and some require (due to abuse of
others) that you show the card for your handicap plates, to check one
out.

Now hanging on the shopping cart gives better 'exercise' than riding in
an electric store cart. MOst folks who are of that level (Julie
obviously is) do not use the carts. I do not either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Actually, if genuinely used, it is an admirable thing. I got
>> > stupid on this one last weekend. I got myself a cane with a fold
>> > out seat just for shopping trips so I don't frustrate my daughter
>> > with us having to leave early. Did I bring it? Nope. I didn't
>> > like the idea and thought the trip would be short enough to manage
>> > without it. Silly me.

>> I have a cane but find that it slows me down further. When shopping,
>> I have been known to sit on the floor if need be. Haven't had to do
>> that for years. Most stores these days seem to have some sort of
>> furniture now.

> Well, I've had to sit on the floor in the past 6 months so got a
> special cane that has a fold out seat then got stupid (I admit it) and
> didnt use it.
>
> I'll not go to the mall again without it. I did have fun shopping with
> my daughter but I need to use that now so I do not frustrate us both
> with my back not being able to handle the trip.

I made the mistake of going to the mall last week. Thought wrongly that one
store would have a certain kind of shoes. They do have online but not in
the store. The plan was to go just into that one store. But... We wound
up having to go to another who also did not have. I seriously try to avoid
malls. I hate them to begin with but the open spaces and slippery floors
are just not good for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 4/25/2016 6:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > When did I say that my feet were painful?

>> How many times have you mentioned swollen feet and need for special
>> socks? How about when you stepped on the nail and allegedly didn't
>> notice it for a week?
>>
>> > What would they be painful with? I don't remember saying this.
>> > Yes, I am disabled. Does this mean I should never go to the store?

>> Seems to be why you shop a lot online.
>>
>> > Disabled people need exercise too you know and shopping is my main
>> > form as I can hang on to the shopping cart for balance.

>> I'm sorry, but hanging on to the shopping cart is not exercise.
>>
>> You're trying to make this way too pitiful. If you were that
>> disabled you'd use one of the electric carts available. Unless, of
>> course, Bothell is the one place so backwards none of the grocery
>> stores have that sort of assistence for "disabled shoppers.
>>
>> Jill

> Actually Jill, thats not quite how it works.
>
> Many areas don't have enough carts and some require (due to abuse of
> others) that you show the card for your handicap plates, to check one
> out.
>
> Now hanging on the shopping cart gives better 'exercise' than riding in
> an electric store cart. MOst folks who are of that level (Julie
> obviously is) do not use the carts. I do not either.

An electric cart wouldn't really be any better for me in that my disability
isn't just one thing. I can no better sit for any length of time than I can
stand or walk. Which is one reason why when I do drive, I have to plan
things out so that I am not sitting for very long. I just had a meeting
with a new diabetes educator. I sat for two long and my my muscles locked
up. Had to get up, walk around a bit and try to stretch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Julie POL-DNCR Bove was: Produce shortage?

Janet wrote:
>Julie POL-DNCR Bove says...
>
>> An electric cart wouldn't really be any better for me in that my disability
>> isn't just one thing. I can no better sit for any length of time than I can
>> stand or walk. Which is one reason why when I do drive, I have to plan
>> things out so that I am not sitting for very long.

> Oh, do PLEASE tell us all what's wrong with your arse
> (not more than 50 lines, and please don't mention any blood relative)
>
> Janet UK

Wow... she can't stand too long and she can't sit too long, maybe the
Bove wears a harness and attaches a pole to a cart where she hangs
from a meathook... no wonder her license plate says POL-DNCR.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2016 6:49 AM, Janet wrote:
> Oh jesus christ, do PLEASE tell us all what's wrong with your arse

Oh do crawl back up yours.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 12:38:45 PM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message

> >> She seems to be very interested in arses and dirty underwear ...

> > Definitely, I see a pattern. ;-)

> Ewwwwwwwwwwwww ........................
>

> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

It would seem that women are just about as "nasty" with the way they treat each other as the treatment received from men. I have been accused of miss-treating women when in fact I'm not an abuser at all. I can take issue with some women who exaggerate, lie, cheat and act with supreme authority at times and am not afraid to confront them if necessary.
Actually, I'm a loving and happy individual with a fair number of lady friends...mind you I've had some troubles with the fair sex but that is just part of the game.
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 12:38:45 PM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Definitely, I see a pattern. ;-)

>> Ewwwwwwwwwwwww ........................

> It would seem that women are just about as "nasty" with the way they treat
> each other as the treatment received from men. I have been accused of
> miss-treating women when in fact I'm not an abuser at all. I can take
> issue with some women who exaggerate, lie, cheat and act with supreme
> authority at times and am not afraid to confront them if necessary.
> Actually, I'm a loving and happy individual with a fair number of lady
> friends...mind you I've had some troubles with the fair sex but that is
> just part of the game.
> =====

I am very please do hear it Roy and I have never had any problems with you,
but if you had a bitch abusing you for decades as I have, maybe you wouldn't
be feeling too tolerant <g> I can't say it bothers me too much anymore but
I do feel I am able to bitch back without feeling too bad ;-)

I have a lovely marriage and have a very happy life, so it doesn't bother
me. If her relationship is so sour that the only satisfaction she can get
in life it to try to hurt other people (me in particular) then let her try
it <g> Trust me, she is wasting her time, but it is fun watching and
playing along <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2016 1:26 PM, Roy wrote:
> I have been accused of miss-treating women when in fact I'm not an abuser at all.

Roy boy, thou dost protest a bit too much...