Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Produce shortage?

Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter where
I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look good but none of us
are big on those so don't need. As for the rest... There seems to be less
variety than usual for this time of year, and often I leave the store with
less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And it's not just one store
but every store.

Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't remember where.
Two other stores had none. Then I found some but it was really big and
woody.

I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the green ones
were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they were even out there
for sale.

Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff like that.

This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too much
rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at least with some
stores) with whatever they are doing with the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
mess. Dunno.

I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to make do
with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed tomato. Because when
I do find a good tomato, it's usually just the one. That's not necessarily
a bad salad but I like other veggies too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter where
>I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look good but none of us
>are big on those so don't need. As for the rest... There seems to be less
>variety than usual for this time of year, and often I leave the store with
>less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And it's not just one store
>but every store.
>
>Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't remember where.
>Two other stores had none. Then I found some but it was really big and
>woody.
>
>I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the green ones
>were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they were even out there
>for sale.
>
>Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff like that.
>
>This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too much
>rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at least with some
>stores) with whatever they are doing with the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
>mess. Dunno.
>
>I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to make do
>with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed tomato. Because when
>I do find a good tomato, it's usually just the one. That's not necessarily
>a bad salad but I like other veggies too.

No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
of anything.

I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter
>>where
>>I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look good but none of us
>>are big on those so don't need. As for the rest... There seems to be
>>less
>>variety than usual for this time of year, and often I leave the store with
>>less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And it's not just one
>>store
>>but every store.
>>
>>Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't remember
>>where.
>>Two other stores had none. Then I found some but it was really big and
>>woody.
>>
>>I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the green
>>ones
>>were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they were even out
>>there
>>for sale.
>>
>>Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff like
>>that.
>>
>>This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too much
>>rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at least with
>>some
>>stores) with whatever they are doing with the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
>>mess. Dunno.
>>
>>I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to make do
>>with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed tomato. Because
>>when
>>I do find a good tomato, it's usually just the one. That's not
>>necessarily
>>a bad salad but I like other veggies too.

> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
> of anything.
>
> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

It's not normally like this here which is why I asked. At one store, every
box of strawberries had bad ones in there. Another customer told me that
she just redid them and made her own box. I wouldn't because I figured with
that many bad ones, the ones that looked okay were sure to be bad soon.

Grapes are split open and wrinkled, no matter the store.

And at one store, the customer service counter was covered with bags of
spoiled fruit. Not sure what the story was there but the only decent things
I found there (of what I needed) were cucumbers and oranges. Not saying it
was all bad but I only had a few specific things on my list.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.

What Doris says? Or me? I am not the only one to notice this. I have had
conversations with many other customers about it. Especially with the
tomatoes. I bought some vine ripened with partially green tomatoes on
there. But at least they weren't wrinkled and mushy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 22:10:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> It's not normally like this here which is why I asked. At one store,
>> every
>> box of strawberries had bad ones in there. Another customer told me that
>> she just redid them and made her own box. I wouldn't because I figured
>> with
>> that many bad ones, the ones that looked okay were sure to be bad soon.
>>
>> Grapes are split open and wrinkled, no matter the store.
>>
>> And at one store, the customer service counter was covered with bags of
>> spoiled fruit. Not sure what the story was there but the only decent
>> things
>> I found there (of what I needed) were cucumbers and oranges. Not saying
>> it
>> was all bad but I only had a few specific things on my list.

> Sounds like a bunch of over-exaggerations to me. Julie wouldn't do
> that, would she?
>
> So much drama, so little time.

If you think that's drama, try shopping with girls for senior prom. Heh.
Produce is the least of my worries. Was just wondering if other areas were
having the same problems. I known things are seasonal and I know this is
always the bad time of year but it seems worse than usual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:35:47 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
> of anything.
>
> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

Produce looks great here (where "great" takes into account the season).
Maybe she needs to upgrade her grocery store, travel a little farther,
or something. Since we eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I've settled
on the place that has the best vegetables (and it's a happy coincidence
that they have excellent prices), but I don't buy meat there.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 22:10:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter
>>>where
>>>I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look good but none of us
>>>are big on those so don't need. As for the rest... There seems to be
>>>less
>>>variety than usual for this time of year, and often I leave the store with
>>>less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And it's not just one
>>>store
>>>but every store.
>>>
>>>Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't remember
>>>where.
>>>Two other stores had none. Then I found some but it was really big and
>>>woody.
>>>
>>>I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the green
>>>ones
>>>were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they were even out
>>>there
>>>for sale.
>>>
>>>Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff like
>>>that.
>>>
>>>This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too much
>>>rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at least with
>>>some
>>>stores) with whatever they are doing with the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
>>>mess. Dunno.
>>>
>>>I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to make do
>>>with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed tomato. Because
>>>when
>>>I do find a good tomato, it's usually just the one. That's not
>>>necessarily
>>>a bad salad but I like other veggies too.

>> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
>> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
>> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
>> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
>> of anything.
>>
>> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
>> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
>> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

>It's not normally like this here which is why I asked. At one store, every
>box of strawberries had bad ones in there. Another customer told me that
>she just redid them and made her own box. I wouldn't because I figured with
>that many bad ones, the ones that looked okay were sure to be bad soon.
>
>Grapes are split open and wrinkled, no matter the store.
>
>And at one store, the customer service counter was covered with bags of
>spoiled fruit. Not sure what the story was there but the only decent things
>I found there (of what I needed) were cucumbers and oranges. Not saying it
>was all bad but I only had a few specific things on my list.

So just do what I do, and only buy the stuff that looks good.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-25 12:55 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.

Her situation always seems to be much different than that of everyone
else. She lives in here own world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-25 6:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:35:47 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

> Produce looks great here (where "great" takes into account the season).
> Maybe she needs to upgrade her grocery store, travel a little farther,
> or something. Since we eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I've settled
> on the place that has the best vegetables (and it's a happy coincidence
> that they have excellent prices), but I don't buy meat there.

We may be shopping at the same store. I go to a local Food Basics for
produce. I think some of their stuff is a lower grade due to
appearance. Red Peppers, for instance, are rarely that plump cylindrical
shape that you see at other grocery stores and produce markets. They
skinny and misshapen, but they taste the same and sell for about half
the price. My main cereal is Shredded Wheat and it is generally about
20% cheaper there and often goes on sale for about 40% off. There are a
few other things I get there, but only bought meat there once and I
doubt I would ever buy it there again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Default HIEFER JULIE BOVINE IS NOTICING A "Produce shortage?"

On 4/24/2016 7:50 PM, Julie BoveINE wrote:
> Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter
> where I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look good but
> none of us are big on those so don't need. As for the rest... There
> seems to be less variety than usual for this time of year, and often I
> leave the store with less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And
> it's not just one store but every store.

Julie? When a fatass gets to craving fer some green munchies, and then
we suddenly realize that out in CalifornIA they gots a water shortage,
is it any wonder why we ain't gots more a'shortage than we already gots?
I mean, it's just common sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2016 10:55 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.

Canuck grocers are like one step from Russia, maybe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 12:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>
> "OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
> Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
> entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
> baby carrots".
>
> -sw
>
> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>

> "Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>

> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>
> I didn't think Julie was even capable of using the phone.
>
> -sw
>
> You seem to have a problem remembering things. Maybe you should have
> written down the once you realized you liked it.
>
> -sw
>
> Wow. She catches on quick when her mind isn't clouded by irrational
> spite.
>
> -sw
>
> Congratulations! Your post has been approved by Julie.
>
> [High Five]
>
> -sw
>
> Yeah, I see tuna and cheddar on pizza every time I visit Planet Bove.
>
> -sw
>
> You can't rent this stuff at Red Box.
>
> -sw
>
> You tell him Julie!
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 6:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-04-25 12:55 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

>> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.
>>

> Her situation always seems to be much different than that of everyone
> else. She lives in here own world.

And you bully her just like you did truckers, you big sandbag-faced old
canuck schmuck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie the Bove wrote:

>Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no matter where
>I go, they have more bananas than usual.

Why are you so focused on the bananas, I rarely notice them... bananas
are usually off to the side at the back of the produce section and
another display in the cereal aisle... you must be obsessed with the
shape of bananas, I bet you can't resist feeling them.

>They do look good.

Just what I thought you'd say. hehe

>As for the rest... There seems to be less
>variety than usual for this time of year, and often I leave the store with
>less than I wanted or even an alternate thing. And it's not just one store
>but every store.

How many stores in a day do you shop for produce? I can find whatever
I want at one store.

>Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't remember where.

How can you not remember where you got the good asparagus???

>Two other stores had none. Then I found some but it was really big and
>woody.

I'd think you'd have enjoyed those! LOL

>I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the green ones
>were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they were even out there
>for sale.

Normal people don't "crave" green bell peppers... the Bove is a green
bell pepper addict... I imagine her going through withdrawal,
kvetching her ass off about everything... wait, that's the Bove all
the time.

>Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones.

What's to pick... you can't tell good ones without tasting, about all
one can do is smell them and look for bruises, if woofy they are
rotting. I buy the onions in mesh bags, I look for a bag with
assorted sizes because I'm not going to cut into a large onion if all
I want is a couple three slices... I never save cut onions, they begin
to rot within the hour, how well wrapped makes no difference, a cut
onion is the same as a bruised onion. If all I want is a small bit of
onion in a cooked dish I use dehys. I always keep dehys on hand,
plain and toasted... I much prefer toasted dehys to onion soup mix, I
can use all I want without over salting. I keep diced dehy bell
pepper on hand too, I like Penzeys red & green blend.. for a small
amount it's easy enough to separate the colors but I don't bother... I
like to whiz a bit to season potato/macaroni salads. Dehy bell
peppers are good to have for the times you want some for a stewp and
discover you have none or the last one in the fridge has turned to
mush. I keep all sorts of dehy veggies in my larder, they don't
spoil, I keep an assortment of dehy 'shrooms, and a jar of dehy soup
greens. I don't keep dehy celery, it takes too long to rehydrate,
even after an hour in cold water it's still a bit woody but it's fine
for cooked dishes so there's enough in the soup greens.

>This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too much
>rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at least with some
>stores) with whatever they are doing with the Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen
>mess. Dunno.

Um, no one in yjr PNW is growing peppers this time of year.

>I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again.

I don't need nor does a green bell pepper make a good salad.

>Having to make do
>with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed tomato. Because when
>I do find a good tomato, it's usually just the one. That's not necessarily
>a bad salad but I like other veggies too.

You oughta try walking in the front door instead of dumpster diving at
the back door. I shop for produce at two stores, at the local market
in town and at BJs some 20 miles away, both have excelent produce,
naturally I need to consider the season, no summer fruit this time of
year, I'll need to wait for peaches, apricots, melons, and fresh corn
too. However I've no problem finding fresh salad veggies, a large
variety of leafies and last week at BJs I found a 3 lb clamshell of
Romas, 15 perfect tomatoes, from Mexico but so is other out of season
produce. I buy great lettuce at the Tops Market in town, and they had
gorgeous large fennel bulbs with perfectly fresh fronds... I bought
two and ate two over the weekend, I love raw fennel with just a little
kosher salt for dipping. The lettuce and fennel was from CA... none
growing here this time of year, nor the PNW. There is also lots of
hydroponically grown produce these days, perfect strawberries all
year. I can always get very nice staples; spuds, onions, carrots,
celery, garlic, etc.
I don't believe the Bove can't buy excellent produce this time of
year, she lives a lot closer to CA and Mexico than I do... she needs
to quit dumpster diving and shopping the used produce bin.
I like Romas for salads/sandwiches, they're mostly what I grow, for
this time of year these are perfect:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2h6fsjt.jpg
BJs has these 3 packs of cukes, excellent quality, no wax/small seeds:
http://i65.tinypic.com/r8tc1g.jpg
For tonight's dinner, added a can of small white beans and sliced in
the old maid baked spud from the pork roast:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2u5xdlu.jpg
I prepared enough salad for two days, this is the last of it... I mist
it with apple cider vinegar, it will keep fresh for a nearly a week.
Those Green Giant cukes have thin skin, no wax, no peeling necessary.
I buy carrots in town, 5 lb bags/$3.99... I know the price because
I've been buying them at that same price for 12 years, the deer get
most. I get five pounds for the price of three one pound bags, and
carrots keep well, plus the deer eat them long before they can go bad.
For salads I peel carrots and slice with the peeler, thin tender
slices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 9:34 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> you must be obsessed with the
> shape of bananas, I bet you can't resist feeling them.

Know what, 'little man', I did WARN you about bullying her, now didn't I?

Do you and your fugly high school reunion mug need some more face time here?

Reign it in Shelly, Or I'll ride you like the swayback nag you are!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"onglet" > wrote in message ...
> On 4/25/2016 9:34 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> you must be obsessed with the
>> shape of bananas, I bet you can't resist feeling them.
>>

> Know what, 'little man', I did WARN you about bullying her, now didn't I?
>
> Do you and your fugly high school reunion mug need some more face time
> here?
>
> Reign it in Shelly, Or I'll ride you like the swayback nag you are!

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-04-25 6:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:35:47 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

>> Produce looks great here (where "great" takes into account the season).
>> Maybe she needs to upgrade her grocery store, travel a little farther,
>> or something. Since we eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I've settled
>> on the place that has the best vegetables (and it's a happy coincidence
>> that they have excellent prices), but I don't buy meat there.
>>

>We may be shopping at the same store. I go to a local Food Basics for
>produce. I think some of their stuff is a lower grade due to
>appearance. Red Peppers, for instance, are rarely that plump cylindrical
>shape that you see at other grocery stores and produce markets. They
>skinny and misshapen, but they taste the same and sell for about half
>the price. My main cereal is Shredded Wheat and it is generally about
>20% cheaper there and often goes on sale for about 40% off. There are a
>few other things I get there, but only bought meat there once and I
>doubt I would ever buy it there again.

I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.

My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
or can usually comes from No Frills.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-25 11:56 AM, Doris Night wrote:

> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.

No Frills has a good reputation for produce and prices.

> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
> or can usually comes from No Frills.

I get nice fresh fish at Sobey's but I find their meat and produce to be
very expensive. I have a couple of family run places with better meat
and better prices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 22:10:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
>>> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
>>> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
>>> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
>>> of anything.
>>>
>>> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
>>> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
>>> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

>>It's not normally like this here which is why I asked. At one store,
>>every
>>box of strawberries had bad ones in there. Another customer told me that
>>she just redid them and made her own box. I wouldn't because I figured
>>with
>>that many bad ones, the ones that looked okay were sure to be bad soon.
>>
>>Grapes are split open and wrinkled, no matter the store.
>>
>>And at one store, the customer service counter was covered with bags of
>>spoiled fruit. Not sure what the story was there but the only decent
>>things
>>I found there (of what I needed) were cucumbers and oranges. Not saying
>>it
>>was all bad but I only had a few specific things on my list.

> So just do what I do, and only buy the stuff that looks good.

I did. But I wanted more than oranges and a cucumber. I don't eat either
of those things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2016-04-25 6:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:35:47 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

>>> Produce looks great here (where "great" takes into account the season).
>>> Maybe she needs to upgrade her grocery store, travel a little farther,
>>> or something. Since we eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I've settled
>>> on the place that has the best vegetables (and it's a happy coincidence
>>> that they have excellent prices), but I don't buy meat there.
>>>

>>We may be shopping at the same store. I go to a local Food Basics for
>>produce. I think some of their stuff is a lower grade due to
>>appearance. Red Peppers, for instance, are rarely that plump cylindrical
>>shape that you see at other grocery stores and produce markets. They
>>skinny and misshapen, but they taste the same and sell for about half
>>the price. My main cereal is Shredded Wheat and it is generally about
>>20% cheaper there and often goes on sale for about 40% off. There are a
>>few other things I get there, but only bought meat there once and I
>>doubt I would ever buy it there again.

> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
>
> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
> or can usually comes from No Frills.
>
> Doris

I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
Same situation all over.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"carnal asada" > wrote in message
> On 4/24/2016 10:55 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

>> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.
>>

> Canuck grocers are like one step from Russia, maybe...

Nonsense. Although I haven't been to Canada for many years, they used to
have Safeway and it was just like ours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:49:24 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> >>We may be shopping at the same store. I go to a local Food Basics for
> >>produce. I think some of their stuff is a lower grade due to
> >>appearance. Red Peppers, for instance, are rarely that plump cylindrical
> >>shape that you see at other grocery stores and produce markets. They
> >>skinny and misshapen, but they taste the same and sell for about half
> >>the price. My main cereal is Shredded Wheat and it is generally about
> >>20% cheaper there and often goes on sale for about 40% off. There are a
> >>few other things I get there, but only bought meat there once and I
> >>doubt I would ever buy it there again.

> > I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
> > the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
> > much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
> >
> > My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
> > or can usually comes from No Frills.
> >
> > Doris

> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
> Same situation all over.

My husband is going on a business trip to Seattle (Renton, actually).
I'll ask him what the produce looks like--I believe he's planning
to go to Safeway, which is near his hotel.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:49:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>We may be shopping at the same store. I go to a local Food Basics for
>>>produce. I think some of their stuff is a lower grade due to
>>>appearance. Red Peppers, for instance, are rarely that plump cylindrical
>>>shape that you see at other grocery stores and produce markets. They
>>>skinny and misshapen, but they taste the same and sell for about half
>>>the price. My main cereal is Shredded Wheat and it is generally about
>>>20% cheaper there and often goes on sale for about 40% off. There are a
>>>few other things I get there, but only bought meat there once and I
>>>doubt I would ever buy it there again.

>> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
>> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
>> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
>>
>> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
>> or can usually comes from No Frills.
>>
>> Doris

> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
>Same situation all over.

I don't understand how you can shop so many places and schlep to and
fro when your feet are so painful and you are so handicapped. I know
that my challenged leg wears me out with just one trip to Costco or
Winco and yet you manage more than one store. I'm pleased for you.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 1:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "carnal asada" > wrote in message
>> On 4/24/2016 10:55 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:40 -0400, Doris Night

>>> Take what she has to say about produce with a grain of salt.
>>>

>> Canuck grocers are like one step from Russia, maybe...

> Nonsense.

No FACT!

I dare you, go shop their produce sections some time.

> Although I haven't been to Canada for many years, they used
> to have Safeway and it was just like ours.

They still do and the quality of the produce is roughly L-East coast
fare at best.

Those of you who live at the end of the truck routes form Cali will know
that to be true but question what it really means.

Try living closer to where your food comes from and find out, oh ye of
bruised fruit and molding lettuce...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 2:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:49:24 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
>>> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
>>> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
>>>
>>> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
>>> or can usually comes from No Frills.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
>> Same situation all over.

> My husband is going on a business trip to Seattle (Renton, actually).
> I'll ask him what the produce looks like--I believe he's planning
> to go to Safeway, which is near his hotel.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

He'll find, unsurprisingly, that Washington is close enough to Cali to
have great produce at any time.

Get back on the least coast and its the end of the trucking line for
bruised old food.

Canuckistan suffers a similar fate, though less so in BC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 2:36 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:49:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
>>> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
>>> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
>>>
>>> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
>>> or can usually comes from No Frills.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
>> Same situation all over.

> I don't understand how you can shop so many places and schlep to and
> fro when your feet are so painful and you are so handicapped. I know
> that my challenged leg wears me out with just one trip to Costco or
> Winco and yet you manage more than one store. I'm pleased for you.
> Janet US

+1

Bravo.

Now that was a kind and genuine thing to say!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> > Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no
> > matter where I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look
> > good but none of us are big on those so don't need. As for the
> > rest... There seems to be less variety than usual for this time of
> > year, and often I leave the store with less than I wanted or even
> > an alternate thing. And it's not just one store but every store.
> >
> > Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't
> > remember where. Two other stores had none. Then I found some but
> > it was really big and woody.
> >
> > I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the
> > green ones were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they
> > were even out there for sale.
> >
> > Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff
> > like that.
> >
> > This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too
> > much rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at
> > least with some stores) with whatever they are doing with the
> > Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen mess. Dunno.
> >
> > I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to
> > make do with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed
> > tomato. Because when I do find a good tomato, it's usually just
> > the one. That's not necessarily a bad salad but I like other
> > veggies too.

> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
> of anything.
>
> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.
>
> Doris

Hi Doris, no it's just Julie. Not sure what is up with her area but
the rest of us are fine. Local tomatoes starting to crop a bit if they
were early planted in a protected spot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:49:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:02:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I get my produce at No Frills, and it's also about half the price of
>>> the other stores. I don't like their navel oranges or grapefruit that
>>> much, though. They tend to be sour. I get those at Sobeys.
>>>
>>> My meat shopping is split between Sobeys and Metro. Anything in a box
>>> or can usually comes from No Frills.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
>>Same situation all over.

> I don't understand how you can shop so many places and schlep to and
> fro when your feet are so painful and you are so handicapped. I know
> that my challenged leg wears me out with just one trip to Costco or
> Winco and yet you manage more than one store. I'm pleased for you.
> Janet US

When did I say that my feet were painful? What would they be painful with?
I don't remember saying this. Yes, I am disabled. Does this mean I should
never go to the store? Disabled people need exercise too you know and
shopping is my main form as I can hang on to the shopping cart for balance.

I did not say that I go to all stores in one day. I also have to take my
now nearly totally blind mom shopping.

I'm not stupid. I know how to plan things. I generally plan my shopping
trips. Last time at Winco we hit the produce and dairy sections only. In
this particular store they are on opposite ends of the store. For some odd
reason, the bread that I buy is not with the other bread but on a floor
display near the dairy. I needed that and also cottage cheese.

I will sometimes go up and down almost every aisle but I have been getting
plenty of exercise with the Spring cleaning and prom stuff so I only went
where I needed to go.

I also try to buy what I can online, mainly at Walmart, Boxed, Drugstore,
etc. Things like nuts, some canned goods, beef jerky and other shelf stable
things. I recently placed an order at HEB. But there are some things that
are cheaper to get in the brick and mortar stores and some I just have to
like produce. So most of the time when I do go grocery shopping, I have one
or two bags of things. If doing a stock up at Winco, I may have as many as
6 bags.

I have to go to so many stores because... Some have cheaper prices for some
things. Some carry specific things that I can't get elsewhere. And my mom
is fond of a store that I don't particularly like. I have to take her
there. I will go in and if I need a thing or two that they sell, then I
might buy them there to save a trip elsewhere. It isn't always all about
the cheapest price for me.

That's my shopping now. When I was at my worst and before they had figured
out why I was so crippled, I went to the store every day. I could do two
aisles in one shopping trip. Two close together aisles. I was that
crippled. I really had to plan my shopping carefully making the most of it.
We all ate more produce than anything in those days because the produce
section was just inside the door. And if things were really bad for me, I
could always just go to the drugstore. It was smaller and I didn't have to
walk far to get frozen sausage, boxed mac and cheese, butter, milk, canned
green beans or a few other things. Wasn't my first choice but I could still
make a meal.

There are those who sit around and whine and those who manage to do. I
prefer to manage to do. I find ways.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
> [...]

>the cheapest price for me.
>
>That's my shopping now. When I was at my worst and before they had figured
>out why I was so crippled, I went to the store every day. I could do two
>aisles in one shopping trip. Two close together aisles. I was that
>crippled. I really had to plan my shopping carefully making the most of it.
>We all ate more produce than anything in those days because the produce
>section was just inside the door. And if things were really bad for me, I
>could always just go to the drugstore. It was smaller and I didn't have to
>walk far to get frozen sausage, boxed mac and cheese, butter, milk, canned
>green beans or a few other things. Wasn't my first choice but I could still
>make a meal.
>
>There are those who sit around and whine and those who manage to do. I

More BS complaining, what a freak!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"carnal asada" > wrote in message
> On 4/25/2016 2:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I shop all over, including the high end Whole Foods and Central Market.
>>> Same situation all over.

>> My husband is going on a business trip to Seattle (Renton, actually).
>> I'll ask him what the produce looks like--I believe he's planning
>> to go to Safeway, which is near his hotel.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> He'll find, unsurprisingly, that Washington is close enough to Cali to
> have great produce at any time.
>
> Get back on the least coast and its the end of the trucking line for
> bruised old food.
>
> Canuckistan suffers a similar fate, though less so in BC.

I'm not in Seattle proper but Safeway isn't most people's first choice for
produce. We'll see. Doesn't matter that we're close to CA. I can get
apples grown here in other states. They're better and cheaper. When I was
in NY, the grown in CA peppers were far cheaper than in CA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I don't understand how you can shop so many places and schlep to and
>> fro when your feet are so painful and you are so handicapped. I know
>> that my challenged leg wears me out with just one trip to Costco or
>> Winco and yet you manage more than one store. I'm pleased for you.
>> Janet US

>When did I say that my feet were painful? What would they be painful with?
>I don't remember saying this.

LOL, just unreal.

>Yes, I am disabled. Does this mean I should
>never go to the store? Disabled people need exercise too you know and
>shopping is my main form as I can hang on to the shopping cart for balance.
>
>I did not say that I go to all stores in one day. I also have to take my
>now nearly totally blind mom shopping.
>
>I'm not stupid. I know how to plan things. I generally plan my shopping
>trips. Last time at Winco we hit the produce and dairy sections only. In
>this particular store they are on opposite ends of the store. For some odd
>reason, the bread that I buy is not with the other bread but on a floor
>display near the dairy. I needed that and also cottage cheese.
>
>I will sometimes go up and down almost every aisle but I have been getting
>plenty of exercise with the Spring cleaning and prom stuff so I only went
>where I needed to go.
>
>I also try to buy what I can online, mainly at Walmart, Boxed, Drugstore,
>etc. Things like nuts, some canned goods, beef jerky and other shelf stable
>things. I recently placed an order at HEB. But there are some things that
>are cheaper to get in the brick and mortar stores and some I just have to
>like produce. So most of the time when I do go grocery shopping, I have one
>or two bags of things. If doing a stock up at Winco, I may have as many as
>6 bags.
>
>I have to go to so many stores because... Some have cheaper prices for some
>things. Some carry specific things that I can't get elsewhere. And my mom
>is fond of a store that I don't particularly like. I have to take her
>there. I will go in and if I need a thing or two that they sell, then I
>might buy them there to save a trip elsewhere. It isn't always all about
>the cheapest price for me.
>
>That's my shopping now. When I was at my worst and before they had figured
>out why I was so crippled, I went to the store every day. I could do two
>aisles in one shopping trip. Two close together aisles. I was that
>crippled. I really had to plan my shopping carefully making the most of it.
>We all ate more produce than anything in those days because the produce
>section was just inside the door. And if things were really bad for me, I
>could always just go to the drugstore. It was smaller and I didn't have to
>walk far to get frozen sausage, boxed mac and cheese, butter, milk, canned
>green beans or a few other things. Wasn't my first choice but I could still
>make a meal.

I, I, I. Me me me.

>There are those who sit around and whine and those who manage to do. I
>prefer to manage to do. I find ways.

LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Janet B" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> I don't understand how you can shop so many places and schlep to and
>>> fro when your feet are so painful and you are so handicapped. I know
>>> that my challenged leg wears me out with just one trip to Costco or
>>> Winco and yet you manage more than one store. I'm pleased for you.
>>> Janet US

>>When did I say that my feet were painful? What would they be painful
>>with?
>>I don't remember saying this.

> LOL, just unreal.

Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be causing
pain now?

>>Yes, I am disabled. Does this mean I should
>>never go to the store? Disabled people need exercise too you know and
>>shopping is my main form as I can hang on to the shopping cart for
>>balance.
>>
>>I did not say that I go to all stores in one day. I also have to take my
>>now nearly totally blind mom shopping.
>>
>>I'm not stupid. I know how to plan things. I generally plan my shopping
>>trips. Last time at Winco we hit the produce and dairy sections only. In
>>this particular store they are on opposite ends of the store. For some
>>odd
>>reason, the bread that I buy is not with the other bread but on a floor
>>display near the dairy. I needed that and also cottage cheese.
>>
>>I will sometimes go up and down almost every aisle but I have been getting
>>plenty of exercise with the Spring cleaning and prom stuff so I only went
>>where I needed to go.
>>
>>I also try to buy what I can online, mainly at Walmart, Boxed, Drugstore,
>>etc. Things like nuts, some canned goods, beef jerky and other shelf
>>stable
>>things. I recently placed an order at HEB. But there are some things that
>>are cheaper to get in the brick and mortar stores and some I just have to
>>like produce. So most of the time when I do go grocery shopping, I have
>>one
>>or two bags of things. If doing a stock up at Winco, I may have as many
>>as
>>6 bags.
>>
>>I have to go to so many stores because... Some have cheaper prices for
>>some
>>things. Some carry specific things that I can't get elsewhere. And my
>>mom
>>is fond of a store that I don't particularly like. I have to take her
>>there. I will go in and if I need a thing or two that they sell, then I
>>might buy them there to save a trip elsewhere. It isn't always all about
>>the cheapest price for me.
>>
>>That's my shopping now. When I was at my worst and before they had
>>figured
>>out why I was so crippled, I went to the store every day. I could do two
>>aisles in one shopping trip. Two close together aisles. I was that
>>crippled. I really had to plan my shopping carefully making the most of
>>it.
>>We all ate more produce than anything in those days because the produce
>>section was just inside the door. And if things were really bad for me, I
>>could always just go to the drugstore. It was smaller and I didn't have
>>walk far to get frozen sausage, boxed mac and cheese, butter, milk, canned
>>green beans or a few other things. Wasn't my first choice but I could
>>still
>>make a meal.

> I, I, I. Me me me.
>
>>There are those who sit around and whine and those who manage to do. I
>>prefer to manage to do. I find ways.

> LOL.

It's not funny.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:50:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone else noticing produce problems in their area? Seems no
>> > matter where I go, they have more bananas than usual. They do look
>> > good but none of us are big on those so don't need. As for the
>> > rest... There seems to be less variety than usual for this time of
>> > year, and often I leave the store with less than I wanted or even
>> > an alternate thing. And it's not just one store but every store.
>> >
>> > Husband loves asparagus. I got some that was good but can't
>> > remember where. Two other stores had none. Then I found some but
>> > it was really big and woody.
>> >
>> > I wanted green bell peppers. I was craving them. But all of the
>> > green ones were so wrinkled and mushy I was a bit shocked that they
>> > were even out there for sale.
>> >
>> > Have to really pick through the onions to find good ones. Stuff
>> > like that.
>> >
>> > This may have somewhat to do with our weather. Draught. Then too
>> > much rain. Freak heat wave. Now cold. Or it may have to do (at
>> > least with some stores) with whatever they are doing with the
>> > Albertsons/Safeway/Haggen mess. Dunno.
>> >
>> > I will just be happy when I can get a good salad again. Having to
>> > make do with greens, onions, nuts, beans, olives and rationed
>> > tomato. Because when I do find a good tomato, it's usually just
>> > the one. That's not necessarily a bad salad but I like other
>> > veggies too.

>> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
>> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
>> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
>> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
>> of anything.
>>
>> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
>> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
>> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.
>>
>> Doris

> Hi Doris, no it's just Julie. Not sure what is up with her area but
> the rest of us are fine. Local tomatoes starting to crop a bit if they
> were early planted in a protected spot.

It's not just me. Other customers are complaining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 4:45 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> I find ways.

> More BS complaining, what a freak!

Little man syndrome - wonder what THIS brine shrimp looks like NOW?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Sheldon.jpg

Ever learn to grow a REAL mustache?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 4:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> My husband is going on a business trip to Seattle (Renton, actually).
>>> I'll ask him what the produce looks like--I believe he's planning
>>> to go to Safeway, which is near his hotel.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> He'll find, unsurprisingly, that Washington is close enough to Cali to
>> have great produce at any time.
>>
>> Get back on the least coast and its the end of the trucking line for
>> bruised old food.
>>
>> Canuckistan suffers a similar fate, though less so in BC.

> I'm not in Seattle proper

CLOSE ENOUGH!!!

> but Safeway isn't most people's first choice
> for produce.

Define "most people" - use verifiable facts too please.

I have seen no debits to their produce selection.

> We'll see. Doesn't matter that we're close to CA.

Yes actually it DOES matter, stop the BULLSHIT!

> I can get apples grown here in other states. They're better and cheaper.

The discussion was about PRODUCE, not just apples.

Stay on point.

> When I was in NY, the grown in CA peppers were far cheaper than in CA.

Anecdotal unlikelihood.

Albeit they may well have cut prices to incent the purchase of old product.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 4:57 PM, Je�us wrote:
> I, I, I. Me me me.

That sums you and your bullshit up rather well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:06:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>When did I say that my feet were painful? What would they be painful
>>>with?
>>>I don't remember saying this.

>> LOL, just unreal.

>Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
>nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be causing
>pain now?

Oh, now it's all about NOW, is it? Maybe you should take a little more
care with what you post Julie if you don't like people taking you to
task for what you post here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2016 5:22 PM, Je�us wrote:
> Maybe you should take a little more
> care with what you post Julie if

Maybe you should ram a sharp icepick in your forehead, you
rabbit-killing usenet stalker virus!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:06:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> LOL, just unreal.

>>Oh? Then please tell me where I said this. Yeah when Im stepped on the
>>nail or the piece of glass, there was pain. What is supposed to be
>>causing
>>pain now?

> Oh, now it's all about NOW, is it? Maybe you should take a little more
> care with what you post Julie if you don't like people taking you to
> task for what you post here.

WTF? Where oh where did I ever post that my feet were painful? And what
malady is supposed to be causing this pain? I am going to leave now and
walk with my crippled feet and legs down to the mailbox. Yes, I have to
stop every 30 steps or so to rest. It's what I do. There may or may not be
pain but if there is, it will likely not be in my feet! Right now it is in
my neck. Big time.