Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shredding carrots fer carrot cake

I jes dragged out all my big countertop appliances. Orbital stand
mixer, 11 C FP (DLC8S), etc. To my everlasting horror, my FP did not
come with a "fine" shredding disc, only a "coarse" shredding disc. I
coulda sworn I hadda "fine" disc. So, now gotta buy one so I can make
fine coleslaw and fine carrot shreds fer sf's carrot cake.

Problem is, my Cuisinart FP is already obsolete (discontinued),
despite having bought it jes a couple yrs back. So, now gotta phone
Cuisinart and ask if the "fine" disc they claim will actually fit "all
7 and 11 cup" FPs, honestly will.

Gotta do my carrots the old fashioned way. Box grater!

I'm not sure which is worse, peeling all them carrots or
shredding/grating them.

FWIW, cuisinart labels fine/med/coarse "shredding" fer veggies, while
hard cheese (xtra fine disc) is labelled a "Grater". Let's hear the
gang argue that one.

nb

Carrot Cake Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 01-09-2007 06:04 PM
Carrot Cake Connie Recipes 0 28-02-2007 02:17 PM
Carrot Cake (low Fat) Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-05-2005 02:47 PM
Carrot Cake Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 04-12-2004 09:50 PM
Help with Pureed Carrots in Cake Julie Baking 5 31-01-2004 12:43 AM