Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Shredding carrots fer carrot cake

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:13:45 PM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 6:35 PM, l not -l wrote:

> >> Why?

> > Because there are several grater blades listed for the DLC-8; mostly mediums
> > (part number DLC-837TX) and at least one fine grater (DLC-835TX).
> >

> I found lots of parts on eBay for an old Vitamix blender I had. Parts
> you couldn't really find anywhere unless you contact the manufacturer
> and they'd probably mark the prices way up.
>
> --
> Cheryl

eBay is great for getting replacement parts for cheap. I've gotten parts for appliances, screens and batteries for cell phones, screens for laptops, and automobile parts. I got a power steering oil cooler for my Passat yesterday. It was $35.

The worst thing about getting a Chinese part is that it takes a couple of weeks to get here. I fully expect to get parts made in Asia for my cell phones. I don't want parts made in Europe or the US for mobile devices.