Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stinky fridge syndrome...

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:20:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>> Some - there were no credits to show who made the video - it 'could'
>> be a collection of way out clips - I don't know. Usually if someone
>> you can rely on makes a video, they are only too keen to put their
>> name to it.

>If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
>countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
>
>Don't bother.

If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
the matter lies somewhere in the middle.

The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.

I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
ethnicity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:20:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Some - there were no credits to show who made the video - it 'could'
>>> be a collection of way out clips - I don't know. Usually if someone
>>> you can rely on makes a video, they are only too keen to put their
>>> name to it.

>>If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
>>countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
>>
>>Don't bother.

> If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
> different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
> with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
> RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
> the matter lies somewhere in the middle.

So tell me, why, after all the rapes etc that have been happening in Germany
etc the newspaper printed nothing until it became obvious they had no
choice. That is happening everywhere. Political correctness is rampant
everywhere

> The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
> noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
> lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
> with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.
>
> I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
> against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
> ethnicity.

As I said, news has been compiled from all the countries I listed ...even
USA!!!

But no, of course you won't watch it. I didn't really expect you to. If
you don't have the courage to watch it then I leave you to your happy little
fantasies. If you had come to me *after* you had watch it to discuss it and
then disagreed ... I could have respected that. You are the last person I
had thought of as a coward.

I am done.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:20:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>>>If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
>>>countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
>>>
>>>Don't bother.

>> If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
>> different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
>> with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
>> RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
>> the matter lies somewhere in the middle.

>So tell me, why, after all the rapes etc that have been happening in Germany
>etc the newspaper printed nothing until it became obvious they had no
>choice. That is happening everywhere. Political correctness is rampant
>everywhere
>
>> The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
>> noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
>> lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
>> with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.
>>
>> I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
>> against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
>> ethnicity.

>As I said, news has been compiled from all the countries I listed ...even
>USA!!!

Maybe you are unaware of the Bible Belt Christians in the US ?
Remember the nice , white, Christian man who blew up a building in
Ohio - was he a Muslim jihadist ? To name just one, there have been
plenty of others, some here too but they were subsequently found to be
lacking mentally like our would be Guy Fawkes last year. He appeared
to be a Muslim, had the gear and beard, yelled Allah Akbar and so on,
but was an RC from Quebec.

>But no, of course you won't watch it. I didn't really expect you to. If
>you don't have the courage to watch it then I leave you to your happy little
>fantasies. If you had come to me *after* you had watch it to discuss it and
>then disagreed ... I could have respected that. You are the last person I
>had thought of as a coward.

It isn't a question of courage - I have tried responding evenly but
now you descend into ad hominen!

>I am done.

Looks like you forgot to tell me I am kf'd as well, I am really
surprised!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:20:07 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
>>> different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
>>> with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
>>> RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
>>> the matter lies somewhere in the middle.

>>So tell me, why, after all the rapes etc that have been happening in
>>Germany
>>etc the newspaper printed nothing until it became obvious they had no
>>choice. That is happening everywhere. Political correctness is rampant
>>everywhere
>>
>>> The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
>>> noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
>>> lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
>>> with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.
>>>
>>> I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
>>> against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
>>> ethnicity.

>>As I said, news has been compiled from all the countries I listed ...even
>>USA!!!

> Maybe you are unaware of the Bible Belt Christians in the US ?
> Remember the nice , white, Christian man who blew up a building in
> Ohio - was he a Muslim jihadist ? To name just one, there have been
> plenty of others, some here too but they were subsequently found to be
> lacking mentally like our would be Guy Fawkes last year. He appeared
> to be a Muslim, had the gear and beard, yelled Allah Akbar and so on,
> but was an RC from Quebec.
>
>>But no, of course you won't watch it. I didn't really expect you to. If
>>you don't have the courage to watch it then I leave you to your happy
>>little
>>fantasies. If you had come to me *after* you had watch it to discuss it
>>and
>>then disagreed ... I could have respected that. You are the last person I
>>had thought of as a coward.

> It isn't a question of courage - I have tried responding evenly but
> now you descend into ad hominen!
>>
>>I am done.

> Looks like you forgot to tell me I am kf'd as well, I am really
> surprised!

Could be because I haven't? There was no ad hominem. As I said had you
come to me for proper informed discussion ... I could have respected you.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:20:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Some - there were no credits to show who made the video - it 'could'
> >> be a collection of way out clips - I don't know. Usually if someone
> >> you can rely on makes a video, they are only too keen to put their
> >> name to it.

> >If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
> >countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
> >
> >Don't bother.

> If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
> different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
> with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
> RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
> the matter lies somewhere in the middle.
>
> The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
> noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
> lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
> with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.

The same here, for refugee arrivals being settled by the govt.

However, that's a different social group from other waves of poor
economic immigrants who make their own arrangements on arrival. They
often follow a pattern of initially, grouping together with their own
kind (friends and relations from home; shared language, mutual support)
often in the cheapest places to live. As they prosper they tend to
disperse more widely.

Within living memory in UK, the far-right neonazi fascists ranting
Islamophobia today, made exactly the same protests and ignorant smears
about immigrating Jews, West Indians, Pakistanis, Ugandans, Indians,
Poles, etc. See

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/p...ave_new_world/
immigration.htm

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Janet" > wrote in message

>>> "The tiny Isle of Bute in the Firth of Clyde, which had a total
>>> population
>>> of just 6,498 in 2011, is expected to take in around 1,000 Syrian
>>> migrants"

>> Which lays bare the blatant stupidity, lies and dumb ignorance of
>> the kind of press you follow.
>>
>> The 1000 refugees referred to are spread across the whole of
>> Britain.

Oh look he

"How many Syrian refugees are coming to Scotland?"

"The UK Government has committed to resettling 20,000 Syrians who are
currently living in refugee camps across the Middle East, with 1,000
arrivals targeted between now and Christmas.

A total of 2,000 Syrian refugees will be housed in Scotland."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1...g_in_Scotland/

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/02/2016 2:19 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>

>> There are some Syrians placed in a small Scottish island. The demands have
>> started already:
>>
>> "A local woman in her 20s was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt and claims a
>> Syrian woman stopped her in Rothesay town centre and 'shouted' at her to
>> cover up her shoulders."

> Spot the obvious lie. You LIVE in Scotland, surely you can't seriously
> believe any local went out in midwinter with bare arms in a sleeveless T
> shirt?

I can believe it! You might want to talk to my brother about it. Summer
and winter he is clad in nothing more than shorts and T shirts and a
cap. He works outdoors and simply doesn't feel the cold. What you wear
will be determined by your level of acclimatisation. Some people just
don't feel the cold as others do.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...le-bute-gives-

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/02/2016 8:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Xeno" > wrote in message
>> On 18/02/2016 2:19 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Spot the obvious lie. You LIVE in Scotland, surely you can't
>>> seriously
>>> believe any local went out in midwinter with bare arms in a sleeveless T
>>> shirt?

>> I can believe it! You might want to talk to my brother about it.
>> Summer and winter he is clad in nothing more than shorts and T shirts
>> and a cap. He works outdoors and simply doesn't feel the cold. What
>> you wear will be determined by your level of acclimatisation. Some
>> people just don't feel the cold as others do.

> Aye but we have had a few unseasonably warm days since Christmas. It
> has turned cold now though) You are right about the acclimatization
> though. I often see people dressed in light clothes when I am huddled up
> in a big coat. Mind you, I do feel the cold

I'm the opposite. I feel the heat much more than the cold. Might be the
extra layers of 'padding' that I have.

--

Xeno

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On 18/02/2016 11:11 AM, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,

> > says...

> >> I can believe it! You might want to talk to my brother about it. Summer
> >> and winter he is clad in nothing more than shorts and T shirts and a
> >> cap. He works outdoors and simply doesn't feel the cold.

> > Whereabouts in Scotland is your brother working?
> >
> > Janet UK
> >

> He's not in Scotland, he's in a colder place. ;-)

Maybe a drier less windy place with a lower risk of developing
hypothermia than West Scotland.

In winter, Bute (like Arran) is wet with high winds (windspeeds of 60
to 80 mph are common); blowing in from 3000 miles of Atlantic. Windy wet
and chilly means high windchill factor on bare arms/legs or through
thin wet clothes. Outdoor workers in winter here, invariably wear full-
cover protective clothing, waterproof and insulated.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/02/2016 12:17 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On 18/02/2016 11:11 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,

>>> says...

>>> Whereabouts in Scotland is your brother working?
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> He's not in Scotland, he's in a colder place. ;-)

> Maybe a drier less windy place with a lower risk of developing
> hypothermia than West Scotland.
>
> In winter, Bute (like Arran) is wet with high winds (windspeeds of 60
> to 80 mph are common); blowing in from 3000 miles of Atlantic. Windy wet
> and chilly means high windchill factor on bare arms/legs or through
> thin wet clothes. Outdoor workers in winter here, invariably wear full-
> cover protective clothing, waterproof and insulated.
>
> Janet UK

Same thing, Southern Ocean, Roaring 40's, high windchill factor and the
like. You can have snow on the surrounding mountains almost to mid
summer which affect windchill. It's just what you're accimated to.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 08:39:59 -0400, wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:20:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Some - there were no credits to show who made the video - it 'could'
>>> be a collection of way out clips - I don't know. Usually if someone
>>> you can rely on makes a video, they are only too keen to put their
>>> name to it.

>>If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
>>countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
>>
>>Don't bother.

>If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
>different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
>with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
>RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
>the matter lies somewhere in the middle.
>
>The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
>noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
>lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
>with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.
>
>I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
>against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
>ethnicity.

You might even share views about women's rights with them. Here's a
little expose by a cleric from Gaza about how to solve marital
disagreements. I'm going to discuss this with my wife:

<http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/VIDEO-Gaza-cleric-teaches-when-it-is-permissible-to-hit-your-wife-445243?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter &utm_source=socialnetwork>
Or:
http://tinyurl.com/j9hm5rz

I didn't know you had to issue a warning first. Doesn't that slow
things down?

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/02/2016 8:52 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 08:39:59 -0400, wrote:

>>> If you looked at it properly you would see they are reports from different
>>> countries and even news reports. But of course, if you had watched it ...
>>>
>>> Don't bother.

>> If it had been compiled by someone one can trust, it would be
>> different. There is plenty of hate all over YouTube, I prefer to go
>> with what I read/hear from sources such as The Telegraph, Guardian,
>> RN, NY Times etc. Some to the right, some to the left, the truth of
>> the matter lies somewhere in the middle.
>>
>> The last time I was in the UK as I left London en route to Surrey, I
>> noticed a big concentration of middle easterners - perhaps therein
>> lies the error - here, even the refugees coming now, are integrated
>> with inhabitants, not isolated in a ghetto.
>>
>> I really don't know the answer, I just know I can't summon up hate
>> against people because they are of a different religion, colour,
>> ethnicity.

> You might even share views about women's rights with them. Here's a
> little expose by a cleric from Gaza about how to solve marital
> disagreements. I'm going to discuss this with my wife:
>
> <http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/VIDEO-Gaza-cleric-teaches-when-it-is-permissible-to-hit-your-wife-445243?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter &utm_source=socialnetwork>
> Or:

http://tinyurl.com/j9hm5rz

> I didn't know you had to issue a warning first. Doesn't that slow
> things down?

and christians aver that it's OK to whip your children.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" wrote in message ...

On 18/02/2016 8:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Xeno" > wrote in message
>> On 18/02/2016 2:19 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Spot the obvious lie. You LIVE in Scotland, surely you can't
>>> seriously
>>> believe any local went out in midwinter with bare arms in a sleeveless T
>>> shirt?

>> I can believe it! You might want to talk to my brother about it.
>> Summer and winter he is clad in nothing more than shorts and T shirts
>> and a cap. He works outdoors and simply doesn't feel the cold. What
>> you wear will be determined by your level of acclimatisation. Some
>> people just don't feel the cold as others do.

> Aye but we have had a few unseasonably warm days since Christmas. It
> has turned cold now though) You are right about the acclimatization
> though. I often see people dressed in light clothes when I am huddled up
> in a big coat. Mind you, I do feel the cold

I'm the opposite. I feel the heat much more than the cold. Might be the
extra layers of 'padding' that I have.

--

Xeno

========

I hate the heat, but not much extra padding.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:43:43 +1100, Jeßus >
wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:11:50 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:33:52 +1100, Jeßus >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I see both sides POV (in general), but Ms Bidnits is truly clueless
>>>about what is happening in Europe. Almost like all that matters is
>>>that he doesn't appear to be racist. You can be open-minded and still
>>>concede an unpalatable reality at the same time.

>>Yes, it's a bad situation that racists and neo-nazi types try to use
>>to their advantage. But that doesn't mean there are no big problems.
>>And pointing them out doesn't make you a racist, it just means you've
>>got your eyes open.

>Imagine his reaction if it was happening on his doorstep.

Yes, lol.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:43:43 +1100, Jeßus >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:11:50 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>>>Yes, it's a bad situation that racists and neo-nazi types try to use
>>>to their advantage. But that doesn't mean there are no big problems.
>>>And pointing them out doesn't make you a racist, it just means you've
>>>got your eyes open.

>>Imagine his reaction if it was happening on his doorstep.

> Yes, lol.

In that vid I posted it showed the attacks in Winnipeg (I think) In US
anyway.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 5:25:20 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
> isn't anything in there like that.
>
> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>
> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
> To no avail...
>
> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

I think by placing some of the OdorKlenz granules in a bowl in your fridge you should be able to absorb those odors in less than a day. I had an incident where some deer meat thawed out and came home to a horrible smell, put the product in a bowl and was good to go in less than a day. the website is https://www.odorklenz.com/product/odorklenz-absorbent/ if you wanted to take a look

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:17:56 -0700 (PDT), george8141
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 5:25:20 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
>> As per subject heading, I have a mild but persistent smell in my
>> fridge, as though something in there is bad - only problem is, there
>> isn't anything in there like that.
>>
>> A few days ago I removed everything and thoroughly cleaned the fridge,
>> then checked (and cleaned) every item before returning them to the
>> fridge. I never did find the cause, although I did suspect an egg
>> carton that has been reused many times (that never went back into the
>> fridge). I also checked the eggs for any bad ones. Nope.
>>
>> Yesterday I tried an onion halved, then some vanilla extract.
>> To no avail...
>>
>> The fridge is in good condition and about 5 y/o now. Always been kept
>> clean. There are one or two vents inside the fridge I haven't
>> investigated as yet... but will after posting this.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell?
>> No, I'm not buying a new fridge, so let's not go there

>I think by placing some of the OdorKlenz granules in a bowl in your fridge you should be able to absorb those odors in less than a day. I had an incident where some deer meat thawed out and came home to a horrible smell, put the product in a bowl and was good to go in less than a day. the website is https://www.odorklenz.com/product/odorklenz-absorbent/ if you wanted to take a look

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm happy to say the smell is long gone
now. Just dissipated over time, although I did try a number of things,
some of which must have helped.