Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flying brisket injures woman during fight at Danville barbecue festival

"Travis McGee" > wrote in message
> http://www.kentucky.com/2015/09/14/4...an-during.html
>
> Flying brisket injures woman during fight at Danville barbecue festival
>
> By Justin Madden
>

> September 14, 2015 Updated 22 hours ago
>
> Mike Owings was charged with a meat-related misdemeanor.
>
> Meat started flying at a Danville barbecue festival during a fight between
> grill masters; brisket was the weapon.
>
> Danville police were called to the Kentucky State BBQ Festival at 10:15
> a.m. Sunday after a woman was hit with a brisket during a fight, according
> to a police news release.
>
> Mary Berry, 35, of Bardstown told police she was hit in the right
> shoulder, neck and head by a brisket whose temperature was estimated to be
> 200 to 250 degrees. She was working at the festival for Fire House BBQ,
> the news release said.
>
> Berry was treated at the festival by Boyle County emergency crews.
>
> The brisket allegedly was thrown by barbecue pit master Mike Owings, 42,
> of Cunningham after tempers flared between Owings and another barbecue pit
> master over the sharing of a cooker.
>
> Owings admitted to officers that he threw the brisket after losing his
> temper but "didn't mean for anyone to get hurt," authorities said.
>
> He was charged with second-degree wanton endangerment, a misdemeanor, and
> was being held in the Boyle County jail.

Mike Owings?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:35:52 -0400, Travis McGee >
wrote:

>Meat started flying at a Danville barbecue festival during a fight
>between grill masters; brisket was the weapon.
>
>Danville police were called to the Kentucky State BBQ Festival at 10:15
>a.m. Sunday after a woman was hit with a brisket during a fight,
>according to a police news release.
>
>Mary Berry, 35, of Bardstown told police she was hit in the right
>shoulder, neck and head by a brisket whose temperature was estimated to
>be 200 to 250 degrees. She was working at the festival for Fire House
>BBQ, the news release said.
>
>Berry was treated at the festival by Boyle County emergency crews.
>
>The brisket allegedly was thrown by barbecue pit master Mike Owings, 42,
>of Cunningham after tempers flared between Owings and another barbecue
>pit master over the sharing of a cooker.

Did the police hold the brisket as evidence? Give the price of beef
today, it is a pretty expensive weapon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> BEEF BRISKET

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Father Nature's Spice Tea in Danville, CA [email protected] Tea 0 11-03-2016 03:23 PM
Properly Flying Lamb Brisket MMkay17432 (Twelfth Incarnation) Barbecue 1 02-10-2014 05:40 PM
Better Bottles... Fight! Fight! Fight! jim Winemaking 13 02-01-2007 06:16 PM
Flying Dog Justin Wilson Beer 4 18-12-2006 03:32 PM
Cops: Before being murdered 74-year-old U.S. woman put up 'one hell of a fight'vs illegal alien Hank General Cooking 0 24-08-2006 08:20 PM