Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Frogs/Princes

Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!

This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
were already played out.

That's a lot of garbage. Sorry, for you guys who have to page through
so much noise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 4:05:28 PM UTC-7, gtr wrote:
> Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!
>
> This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
> I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
> Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
> two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
> were already played out.
>
> That's a lot of garbage. Sorry, for you guys who have to page through
> so much noise.

I've pretty much given up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:05:25 -0700, gtr > wrote:
>
>> Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!
>>
>> This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
>> I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
>> Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
>> two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
>> were already played out.
>>
>> That's a lot of garbage. Sorry, for you guys who have to page through
>> so much noise.

> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/8/2015 5:06 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 4:05:28 PM UTC-7, gtr wrote:
>> Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!
>>
>> This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
>> I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
>> Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
>> two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
>> were already played out.
>>
>> That's a lot of garbage. Sorry, for you guys who have to page through
>> so much noise.

> I've pretty much given up.

Don't, you'll end up letting Marty and Sqwerty win.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-08 23:07:07 +0000, Bruce said:

>> Sorry, for you guys who have to page through so much noise.

> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
explicitly: See them words up there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-09 00:55:51 +0000, Bruce said:

>>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>> explicitly: See them words up there?

> Yes, those are the words I commented on.

Okay: I'm explicitly expressing my sympathy for people who don't have
killfiles. Those with killfiles, you see, don't have to page through
so much noise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gtr wrote:
> Okay: I'm explicitly expressing my sympathy for people who don't have
> killfiles.

EVERY poster has the choice of a killfile.

Save your crocodile tears for something that ranks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:06:55 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 19:21:43 -0700, gtr > wrote:

> >> Yes, those are the words I commented on.

> >Okay: I'm explicitly expressing my sympathy for people who don't have
> >killfiles. Those with killfiles, you see, don't have to page through
> >so much noise.

> Everybody can have a killfile. Maybe Google Groupers can't, but
> they're masochists anyway.

Why he's making an issue of what you had to say is anyone's guess.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 5:25 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:06:55 +1000, Bruce > wrote:
> ts anyway.
>
> Why he's making an issue of what you had to say is anyone's guess.

You have so many double chins U looks like your staring over a pile of
pancakes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-08 23:07:07 +0000, Bruce said:

>> Sorry, for you guys who have to page through so much noise.

> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
explicitly: See them words up there?

=====================

Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
for advice ...

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"gtr" wrote in message news:2015090817462831721-xxx@yyyzzz...
>
>On 2015-09-08 23:07:07 +0000, Bruce said:
>
>>> Sorry, for you guys who have to page through so much noise.

>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>explicitly: See them words up there?
>
>=====================
>
>Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>for advice ...

What, is he calling me a frog?

=======

Ribit ribit ...

---
http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 11:00 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>
>> =====================
>>
>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>> for advice ...

> What, is he calling me a frog?
>
> =======
>
> Ribit ribit ...
>

> ---
> http;//www.help.org.uk

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 10:22 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>
>> =====================
>>
>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>> for advice ...

> What, is he calling me a frog?

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fogs/Princes

On 9/9/2015 10:00 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "gtr" wrote in message news:2015090817462831721-xxx@yyyzzz...
>
> On 2015-09-08 23:07:07 +0000, Bruce said:
>
>>> Sorry, for you guys who have to page through so much noise.

>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
> explicitly: See them words up there?
>
> =====================
>
> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I
> hoping for advice ...
>
> ---
> http;//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"gtr" wrote in message news:2015090817462831721-xxx@yyyzzz...
>
>On 2015-09-08 23:07:07 +0000, Bruce said:
>
>>> Sorry, for you guys who have to page through so much noise.

>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>explicitly: See them words up there?
>
>=====================
>
>Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>for advice ...

Bruce is the pea...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 12:27 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>
>> =====================
>>
>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>> for advice ...

> Bruce is the pea...

+1!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 3:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:27:23 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>>
>>> =====================
>>>
>>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>>> for advice ...

>> Bruce is the pea...

> A very important part of the story.

....long as you have a saddle on your back...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 4:27 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> You seem to think you're the only one who can use a killfile.

>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>
>> =====================
>>
>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>> for advice ...

> Bruce is the pea...

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 7:04 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:27:23 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>>> explicitly: See them words up there?
>>>
>>> =====================
>>>
>>> Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>>> for advice ...

>> Bruce is the pea...

> A very small part of the story.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 4:42 AM, Shalako wrote:

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 7:07 AM, Shalako wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 3
>
> ...long as you have a saddle on your back... brokeback style

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 8:33 AM, Shalako wrote:

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 4:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk.

Yes that was the froggers' plan, such as it may be.

And of course you're asking the right resource, Old King Troll himself,
the eponymous "Groupkilla".

Kind of ironic you'd query a frogger on how to avoid being frogged.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 8:51 AM, Shalako wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 4:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
>> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk.

> Yes that was the my plan, such as it may be.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frogs / Princess

On 9/10/2015 8:51 AM, Shalako wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 4:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
>> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk.

> Yes that was the froggers' plan, such as it may be.
>
> And of course you're asking the right resource, Old King Troll himself,
> the eponymous "Groupkilla".
>
> Kind of ironic you'd query a frogger on how to avoid being frogged.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-10 04:04:30 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:05:25 -0700, gtr wrote:
>
>> Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!
>>
>> This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
>> I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
>> Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
>> two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
>> were already played out.

> It's likely there was a problem with your news server or client.
> There are a lot of other reasons a server might show a post count
> greater than there actually were - your news server is busy killfiling
> posts, too, but still increments the post counter. And for no
> legitimate posts to show up would be rare. But it was a slow last two
> days (prior to today) for legitimate posts.

Yeah, I already wrote to my giganews and they send me back some
profoundly garbled "English". So I went to secondary newsreader and
usenet provider and found a boatload of horseshit from our 2 or 3 major
parasites. I didn't count--but it sure was a lot.

> ObFood: Mega-Hatch, chicken, and cheese enchiladas for dinner. 4
> pounds of hatch chiles (gross weight) went into 10 enchiladas and the
> sauce.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

And for me, a local shops home-made Italian sausage whittled into some
jar marinara doctored with Aleppo chili peppers and coarse-choppped
Mezzetta giardianiera over linguini: It's amazing how much good food
you can get with just a little bit of push.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 2:35 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-09-10 04:04:30 +0000, Sqwertz said:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:05:25 -0700, gtr wrote:
>>
>>> Lord god, you have to dig through a lot of garbage to find a snack!
>>>
>>> This afternoon I checked in and saw rfc had a total count of 101 posts.
>>> I opened up the newsgroup. Blank. That's a LOT of killfiled noise!
>>> Other than the big-foot trolls, who must be very busy, I only have like
>>> two regular contributors killfiled. A few topics, but I think they
>>> were already played out.

>> It's likely there was a problem with your news server or client.
>> There are a lot of other reasons a server might show a post count
>> greater than there actually were - your news server is busy killfiling
>> posts, too, but still increments the post counter. And for no
>> legitimate posts to show up would be rare. But it was a slow last two
>> days (prior to today) for legitimate posts.

> Yeah, I already wrote to my giganews and they send me back some
> profoundly garbled "English". So I went to secondary newsreader and
> usenet provider and found a boatload of horseshit from our 2 or 3 major
> parasites. I didn't count--but it sure was a lot.
>
>> ObFood: Mega-Hatch, chicken, and cheese enchiladas for dinner. 4
>> pounds of hatch chiles (gross weight) went into 10 enchiladas and the
>> sauce.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>

> And for me, a local shops home-made Italian sausage whittled into some
> jar marinara doctored with Aleppo chili peppers and coarse-choppped
> Mezzetta giardianiera over linguini: It's amazing how much good food you
> can get with just a little bit of push.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:27:23 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:00:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:

>>>You seem not to have read the post. I'm addressing the others
>>>explicitly: See them words up there?
>>>
>>>=====================
>>>
>>>Are you saying Bruce is not a princess????? Damn! And there was I hoping
>>>for advice ...

>>Bruce is the pea...

> A very important part of the story.

Indeed! Without the pea there *is* no story <g>
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 6:37 PM, Bruce wrote:

> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk. Are you saying
> there's more but ES stops it?

The German newsserver does a pretty good job, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 8:47 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 6:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
>> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk. Are you saying
>> there's more but ES stops it?
>>

> The German newsserver does a pretty good job, too.

Yep. News.indivdual.net.

The thing is, the more people comment on or reply to trolls, the more
they profligate. Ignore them, killfile them. They get tired after a while.

OB Food: Scrambled eggs, bacon and a biscuit.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 23:04:30 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:05:25 -0700, gtr wrote:

SNIP

>ObFood: Mega-Hatch, chicken, and cheese enchiladas for dinner. 4
>pounds of hatch chiles (gross weight) went into 10 enchiladas and the
>sauce.
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>
>-sw

It looks wonderful but I can't begin to imagine the Hatch heat. The
Hatch I got are so hot that I only use a half of one for a pot of
chili. I know they can vary greatly in heat intensity.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:05:40 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:27:23 -0400, Brooklyn1

>>> A very important part of the story.

>>Indeed! Without the pea there *is* no story <g>

> Yes, he must have meant it as a compliment

What else could it be??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 9/9/2015 6:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
>> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk. Are you saying
>> there's more but ES stops it?
>>

> The German newsserver does a pretty good job, too.

I prefer it but I keep ES as a backup. I used to use ES only but it went
down too many times.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

S Viemeister wrote:
>Pea Soup Bruce wrote:
>
>> I use ES, but if I don't killfile the stalking troll and the stalking
>> troll's stalking trolls, I get an avalanche of junk. Are you saying
>> there's more but ES stops it?
>>

>The German newsserver does a pretty good job, too.

I could use Forte Agent's killfile feature but it takes me but a few
seconds to use my Ctrl key to highlight all the douchebag names in a
thread and do a mass delete, gives me great pleasure in a morbid sort
of way as they melt into oblivion in one fell swoop as I imagine them
sobbing. And ocasionally on a slow day I read a few, depending on who
in the thread they follow I can pretty accurately anticipate their
posts, some entertaining but most absolutely worthless. I refuse to
be governed by a killfile, I'd rather be in control.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-10 15:29:17 +0000, Sqwertz said:

>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>>

>> It looks wonderful but I can't begin to imagine the Hatch heat. The
>> Hatch I got are so hot that I only use a half of one for a pot of
>> chili. I know they can vary greatly in heat intensity.

> Hatch come in at least two heat levels - mild and hot. Some years
> they even have a medium. And some years they get all mixed up so you
> never know WTF you're buying.

This might have been a WTF tub of hatches. I took a little bite off of
one as a test, it seared my lips for a good long while. I then cooked
with it tentatively. The next 3 got used in some chili, I think, and
were negligible in the overall taste. I took a taste of the last one
before it got cooked sauteed with something else, and it barely had
any heat at all.

So I figure these things are all wild cards. Now I understand. There
like shishito peppers: "Every one a surprise."

> These said they were mild and they actually were mild. The sauce only
> had a little heat. For some reason the filling didn't have any heat
> (I used 1/4 of the chiles for the filling, the rest for the sauce).

So I assume people get excited about hatches for their flavor, not for
their heat...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> ObFood:

EAT SHIT AND DIE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> These said they were mild

You're a subhuman stalker virus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 6:57 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> Ignore them, killfile them. They get tired after a while.

How has THAT worked out here?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 7:49 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> I refuse to be governed by a killfile, I'd rather be in control.

Can't you get back to titty talk?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:43:09 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:05:40 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>>Indeed! Without the pea there *is* no story <g>

>> Yes, he must have meant it as a compliment

>What else could it be??

The message title is 'Frogs and Princes" (male gender, different
story, the frog turns back into a Prince after a kiss from a princess)
You have switched it to The Princess and the Pea (female, can't sleep
on tons of mattresses because she is so delicate and the pea placed
under the bedding by future Mother-in-law disturbs her. Just sayin'
Janet US

Frogs! Mark Thorson General Cooking 48 29-05-2010 10:15 AM
OT -- Tiger Frogs The Ranger[_2_] General Cooking 12 07-07-2007 02:37 AM
Chocolate frogs Carla Gilliss General Cooking 11 25-09-2006 03:27 PM
Chocolate Frogs Carla Gilliss Recipes (moderated) 0 23-09-2006 04:42 AM