Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "13 Easy Ways to Cut Food Waste and Save Money"

Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2015 4:32 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

> Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Go ahead, make fun of it. You won't be laughing when you are visited by
the Garbage Auditors. Just another pretty lame article filling space on
MSN or Yahoo. .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>
> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
> using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv
>

> Lenona.

I have seen that all before. I even tried the lazy Susan in the fridge. It
ate up too much space so it didn't work at all for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
>> using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

> Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I keep it mentally. That way I can say when something is asked for, "Nope.
I always throw that out. You never actually eat it!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 8/22/2015 4:32 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4,
>> wrote:
>>> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
>>> using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>>>
>>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

>> Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> Go ahead, make fun of it. You won't be laughing when you are visited by
> the Garbage Auditors. Just another pretty lame article filling space on
> MSN or Yahoo. .

Indeed!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 9:48 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I think

YOU stalk women, you worthless scumbag!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 3:13:53 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >
> > Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
> > using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
> >
> > http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv
> >

> > Lenona.

> I have seen that all before. I even tried the lazy Susan in the fridge. It
> ate up too much space so it didn't work at all for me.

You would be dumb enough to try that.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 13:32:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4,
> > wrote:
> >> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know

> about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the
> fridge. >> >>
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...asy-ways-to-cu
> t-food-waste-and-save-money/ss-BBlInuv
> >
> > Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.

> I think planning meals before you go to the grocery store is even
> worse advice. Plan a couple-few meals at the grocery store when you
> see what's on sale and/or in season. Always keep a supply of staples
> that can be used to make various other meals.
>
> You will always spend more by planning and only buying the food you
> need to make those meals. And what you bought to eat on Monday is not
> necessarily what you want to eat on Friday or Saturday. Buy foods
> that can make various dishes rather than focusing on one dish.
>
> -sw

Agree fully. I have an arsenal of receipes and use sales wisely. I
also have a spare chest freezer so I can pretty much 'shop at home'
from sales items.

That said, I do sometimes have a hankering to make somthing specific
and that's fine. Today, I am into 'pork is a veggie and I am in veggie
mode' cooking (grin).

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 4:31 AM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 13:32:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the
>> fridge. >> >>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...asy-ways-to-cu
>> t-food-waste-and-save-money/ss-BBlInuv
>>>
>>> Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.

>> I think planning meals before you go to the grocery store is even
>> worse advice. Plan a couple-few meals at the grocery store when you
>> see what's on sale and/or in season. Always keep a supply of staples
>> that can be used to make various other meals.
>>
>> You will always spend more by planning and only buying the food you
>> need to make those meals. And what you bought to eat on Monday is not
>> necessarily what you want to eat on Friday or Saturday. Buy foods
>> that can make various dishes rather than focusing on one dish.
>>
>> -sw

> Agree fully. I have an arsenal of receipes and use sales wisely. I
> also have a spare chest freezer so I can pretty much 'shop at home'
> from sales items.
>
> That said, I do sometimes have a hankering to make somthing specific
> and that's fine. Today, I am into 'pork is a veggie and I am in veggie
> mode' cooking (grin).
>
> Carol

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "33 Easy Ways to Cut Food Waste and Save Money"

On 8/23/2015 11:24 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/22/2015 4:32 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4,
>> wrote:
>>> Chances a

> Go ahead, make fun of it. You won't be laughing when you are visited by
> the Garbage Auditors. Just another pretty lame article filling space on
> MSN or Yahoo. .

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 3:53 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 3:13:53 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have seen that all before. I even tried the lazy Susan in the fridge. It
>> ate up too much space so it didn't work at all for me.

> You would be dumb enough to try that.
>
> --Bryan

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 9:24:50 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/22/2015 4:32 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
> >>
> >> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv

> > Keep a log of my garbage? That's insane.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Go ahead, make fun of it. You won't be laughing when you are visited by
> the Garbage Auditors. Just another pretty lame article filling space on
> MSN or Yahoo. .

I hope they come around on a day when we've got a dead woodchuck in
the garbage. That'll serve them right!

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:13:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>>
>> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
>> using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv
>>

>I have seen that all before. I even tried the lazy Susan in the fridge. It
>ate up too much space so it didn't work at all for me.

You actually expected a different outcome??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 4:06 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:13:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Chances are you know plenty of these already - but I didn't know about
>>> using DRINKING soda for cleaning - or using a Lazy Susan in the fridge.
>>>
>>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...ney/ss-BBlInuv
>>>

>> I have seen that all before. I even tried the lazy Susan in the fridge. It
>> ate up too much space so it didn't work at all for me.

> You actually expected a different outcome??

How's the rabbit-killing going out on Spinifex Acres?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 7:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 9:24:50 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/und on a day when we've got a dead woodchuck in

> the garbage. That'll serve them right!
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking