Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quesadilla maker

It's like a waffle maker, but with different shaped surfaces inside.
I got it as part of a $10 fill-up-a-bag deal at the end of a church
garage sale. I just cut some steak up into little cubes, seasoned and
cooked it, then put that and cheese inside 2 flour tortillas. About
3-4 minutes and there's a quesadilla. I topped mine with red sauce
from the taqueria and some sour cream.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MisterDiddyWahDiddy" > wrote in message
> It's like a waffle maker, but with different shaped surfaces inside.
> I got it as part of a $10 fill-up-a-bag deal at the end of a church
> garage sale. I just cut some steak up into little cubes, seasoned and
> cooked it, then put that and cheese inside 2 flour tortillas. About
> 3-4 minutes and there's a quesadilla. I topped mine with red sauce
> from the taqueria and some sour cream.
>
> --Bryan

Wow. I can do the same with a skillet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2015 12:14 PM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense
founded on the Christian religion

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
[bold caps, mine]

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.