Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BBQ Lighter Fluids.

Looks like Kingsford is still the best. I tried Safeway Brand charcoal lighter fluid to save a buck but the stuff might as well be water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:57:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Looks like Kingsford is still the best. I tried Safeway Brand charcoal lighter fluid to save a buck but the stuff might as well be water.

Try a chimney starter. Of course nowadays it might be challenging to
find newspaper to put into it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 09:53:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:57:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > Looks like Kingsford is still the best. I tried Safeway Brand charcoal lighter fluid to save a buck but the stuff might as well be water.

> Try a chimney starter. Of course nowadays it might be challenging to
> find newspaper to put into it.

Search Amazon or Google for: electric barbeque starter.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2015 4:47 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:30:21 AM UTC-6, Sal Paradise wrote:

>>> I used horrible stuff to ignite charcoal for years. A can of "waste
>>> thinner" my father kept in the basement, from cleaning paint brushes,
>>> etc. I've switched to charcoal lighting chimneys now. Much nicer, no
>>> petro chemicals.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> One word - sterno

> For you...diesel fuel...at least a quart.
> ===

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
[bold caps, mine]

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2015 6:11 AM, dsi1 wrote:
If any of these associations raised questions in the mind of George
Bush, Jr., he had little incentive to voice them. Besides getting Harken
stock through the deal, Junior was paid $80,000 a year as a consultant
(until 1989, when his wages were increased to $120,000; recently they
were reduced to $45,000). He was also allowed to borrow $180,375 from
the company at very low interest rates. In 1989 and 1990, according to
the company's Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Harken's board
"forgave" $341,000 in loans to its executives. In addition, Junior took
advantage of the company's ultraliberal executive stock purchase plan,
which allowed him to buy Harken stock at 40 percent below market value.

Such lavish executive compensation would suggest a company doing quite
well indeed. But in reality, Harken had little going for itself. One
Wall Street analyst called Harken's web of insider stock deals and
mounting debt "a lot of jiggery-pokery." Harken was not making money and
could not have continued into 1990 without at least some means of
convincing lenders and investors that the company would soon find a lot
of oil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 1:07:57 PM UTC-7, Sal Paradise wrote:
> On 8/1/2015 4:47 AM, Roy wrote:

> >> One word - sterno

> > For you...diesel fuel...at least a quart.
> > ===
> >

> The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
> and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
> a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
> Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
> Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
> U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
> the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
> more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
> come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
> purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.
>
> Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
> Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
> Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
> 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:
>
> Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
> or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
> speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
> assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
> [bold caps, mine]
>
> Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
> January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
> Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
> Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
> between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
> States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
> our Founding Fathers.
>
> If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
> State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
> their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
> religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
> more churches than Seven-Elevens.
>
> Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
> wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
> eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
> secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
> religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
> atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
> regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

Can I still use my BBQ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> For you...diesel fuel...at least a quart.
>>> ===
>>>

>> The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
>> and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
>> a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
>> Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
>> Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
>> U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
>> the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
>> more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
>> come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
>> purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.
>>
>> Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
>> Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
>> Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
>> 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:
>>
>> Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
>> or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
>> speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
>> assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
>> [bold caps, mine]
>>
>> Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
>> January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
>> Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
>> Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
>> between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
>> States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
>> our Founding Fathers.
>>
>> If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
>> State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
>> their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
>> religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
>> more churches than Seven-Elevens.
>>
>> Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
>> wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
>> eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
>> secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
>> religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
>> atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
>> regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

> Can I still use my BBQ?

That was a frogged post by the "Groupkillas".

But yes, sure you can.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Le vendredi 31 juillet 2015 16:57:01 UTC+1, a écrit*:
> Looks like Kingsford is still the best. I tried Safeway Brand charcoal lighter fluid to save a buck but the stuff might as well be water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdaqDVKOWfI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.businessinsider.com/thirt...una-kea-2015-6

> Look now, if ya'll are goiing to keep doing that we're never going to
> get Jodie Foster back home...

Da Hawaiians need one famous Hollywood movie star to stand in the lines with them. I don't like what they're doing but that would be pretty darn cool...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2015 8:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:41:24 PM UTC-10, Sal Paradise wrote:

>>> Da Hawaiians love the smell of the ocean spray in the morning - and I
>>> ain't talking about cranberry juice. Hee hee. My granddaughter's aunt is
>>> going to join the group of protesters on the big island - it's like the
>>> freaking 60's up there!

http://www.businessinsider.com/thirt...una-kea-2015-6

>> Look now, if ya'll are goiing to keep doing that we're never going to
>> get Jodie Foster back home...

> Da Hawaiians need one famous Hollywood movie star to stand in the lines with them. I don't like what they're doing but that would be pretty darn cool...

Lol!

Ironic too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 3:41:24 PM UTC-7, Sal Paradise wrote:
> On 7/31/2015 3:17 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Ha, Hawaiian Cavalry?

> > Da Hawaiians love the smell of the ocean spray in the morning - and I
> > ain't talking about cranberry juice. Hee hee. My granddaughter's aunt is
> > going to join the group of protesters on the big island - it's like the
> > freaking 60's up there!

http://www.businessinsider.com/thirt...una-kea-2015-6

> Look now, if ya'll are goiing to keep doing that we're never going to
> get Jodie Foster back home...

That reminds me, I need a new turkey baster this Thanksgiving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2015 9:20 AM, Cooking7g wrote:
The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense
founded on the Christian religion