Kenneth

Default DCS Lighter gone nuts...!

Howdy,

A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
OFF.

Any ideas would be most welcome...

Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth

Will

Kenneth wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
> top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
> very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
> OFF.
>
> Any ideas would be most welcome...
>
> Sincere thanks,
> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Probably a solenoid issue. My brother's Wolf did that. Is it making
noise too?

Next time around get a Jade <g>.

Will

Will

Kenneth wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
> top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
> very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
> OFF.
>
> Any ideas would be most welcome...
>
> Sincere thanks,
> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Probably a solenoid issue. My brother's Wolf did that. Is it making
noise too?

Next time around get a Jade <g>.

Will

Kenneth

On 14 Jan 2005 15:33:14 -0800, "Will"
> wrote:

>Kenneth wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
>> top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
>> very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
>> OFF.
>>
>> Any ideas would be most welcome...
>>
>> Sincere thanks,
>> --
>> Kenneth
>>
>> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

>Probably a solenoid issue. My brother's Wolf did that. Is it making
>noise too?
>
>Next time around get a Jade <g>.
>
>Will

Hi Will,

The problem has stopped as mysteriously as it started, but I
did learn something that I had not known:

When you attempt to light any burner, all the igniters fire
(and yes, they do make a clicking noise.)

The possibility exists that there was some debris on a
burner other than the one that seemingly went nuts.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Michael

"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> On 14 Jan 2005 15:33:14 -0800, "Will"
> > wrote:
>

> >Kenneth wrote:
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
> >> top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
> >> very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
> >> OFF.
> >>
> >> Any ideas would be most welcome...
> >>
> >> Sincere thanks,
> >> --
> >> Kenneth
> >>
> >> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

> >Probably a solenoid issue. My brother's Wolf did that. Is it making
> >noise too?
> >
> >Next time around get a Jade <g>.
> >
> >Will

> Hi Will,
>
> The problem has stopped as mysteriously as it started, but I
> did learn something that I had not known:
>
> When you attempt to light any burner, all the igniters fire
> (and yes, they do make a clicking noise.)
>
> The possibility exists that there was some debris on a
> burner other than the one that seemingly went nuts.

Or it could be the fact that DCS is crap.

MJB
Owner (unhappy) of 48" DCS gas range for the past three years.

Michael

"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> On 14 Jan 2005 15:33:14 -0800, "Will"
> > wrote:
>

> >Kenneth wrote:
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> A few minutes ago, one of the spark lighter on my DCS range
> >> top starter going wild. It is now sparking randomly, and
> >> very frequently (many times per second) though its burner is
> >> OFF.
> >>
> >> Any ideas would be most welcome...
> >>
> >> Sincere thanks,
> >> --
> >> Kenneth
> >>
> >> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

> >Probably a solenoid issue. My brother's Wolf did that. Is it making
> >noise too?
> >
> >Next time around get a Jade <g>.
> >
> >Will

> Hi Will,
>
> The problem has stopped as mysteriously as it started, but I
> did learn something that I had not known:
>
> When you attempt to light any burner, all the igniters fire
> (and yes, they do make a clicking noise.)
>
> The possibility exists that there was some debris on a
> burner other than the one that seemingly went nuts.

Or it could be the fact that DCS is crap.

MJB
Owner (unhappy) of 48" DCS gas range for the past three years.

Kenneth

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:42:49 GMT, "Michael"
> wrote:

>Or it could be the fact that DCS is crap.
>
>MJB
>Owner (unhappy) of 48" DCS gas range for the past three years.

Thanks for the clarifying information.

What are you unhappy with?

Thanks,

--
Kenneth

Michael

"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:42:49 GMT, "Michael"
> > wrote:
>
> >Or it could be the fact that DCS is crap.
> >
> >MJB
> >Owner (unhappy) of 48" DCS gas range for the past three years.

> Thanks for the clarifying information.
>
> What are you unhappy with?

For more info than below do a search of my past posts to this ng

Horrible customer service

Expensive replacement parts (buy the same parts through GE for some help)

VERY high service costs

Frequent equipment failure ( burner igniters, grill igniters, inconsistent
oven temps, broiler ignition problems, and gasket problems for the ovens)

I general I have been very unhappy ALL my dealings with DCS. I know for a
fact I have been responsible for eight lost sales for DCS. ANYONE asks
about DCS I will go out of my way to convince them to buy another
brand...any other brand just not DCS.

I will now step off my small soapbox.

Kenneth

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:52:52 GMT, "Michael"
> wrote:

>"Kenneth" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:42:49 GMT, "Michael"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Or it could be the fact that DCS is crap.
>> >
>> >MJB
>> >Owner (unhappy) of 48" DCS gas range for the past three years.

>> Thanks for the clarifying information.
>>
>> What are you unhappy with?
>>

>For more info than below do a search of my past posts to this ng
>
>Horrible customer service
>
>Expensive replacement parts (buy the same parts through GE for some help)
>
>VERY high service costs
>
>Frequent equipment failure ( burner igniters, grill igniters, inconsistent
>oven temps, broiler ignition problems, and gasket problems for the ovens)
>
>I general I have been very unhappy ALL my dealings with DCS. I know for a
>fact I have been responsible for eight lost sales for DCS. ANYONE asks
>about DCS I will go out of my way to convince them to buy another
>brand...any other brand just not DCS.
>
>I will now step off my small soapbox.

Hi Michael,

Of course, I regret your difficulties, but will contrast
those with my experience:

I have had only one problem, and I caused it: Adjusting the
calibration screw with a metal shafted screwdriver, I left
the power on, and shorted the thermostat.

Other than that, no trouble in four years of daily use.

I will also add that on occasion, I have called D.C.S. to
ask any of a variety of technical questions. The responses
have always been prompt, and competent.

All the best,

--
Kenneth