Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who here has food allergies/intolerances?

I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
So, fire away!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-17, Dave Smith > wrote:

> can eat most of those.... but not lactose.

Like cows shouldn't be fed corn, elderly humans should not be drinking
cow's milk.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food
>allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say
>highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
> So, fire away!

I don't have any true allergies although I have OAS (oral allergy syndrome)
to some nuts. I do have food intolerances to many things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 19:29:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>>I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food
>>allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say
>>highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>> So, fire away!

>I don't have any true allergies although I have OAS (oral allergy syndrome)
>to some nuts. I do have food intolerances to many things.

I have an intolerance to bad food.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2015 8:38 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> I have an intolerance to bad food.
>
> John Kuthe...

Don't eat at Bwyan's then ....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
> So, fire away!

Not me.

Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.

My immune system works to the design specs.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:22:34 +0000 (UTC), jinx the minx
> > wrote:

>> > Just curious. Were you told to follow a special diet after having the
>> > gallbladder removed? I ask because my friend is having more stomach
>> > pain
>> > now than she was before it was removed, 6 weeks ago. She was only told
>> > to avoid fried foods. My dad was on a strict, special diet but he also
>> > had pancreas issues.

>> It's possible she could still have a stone lodged in a duct somewhere.
>> If
>> she hasn't contacted her surgeon yet, she should.

> Isn't severe stomach pain due to the pancreas?

I only know that most of the people I know who have had gallbladder issues
have had pancreas ones as well. I think the pancreas usually comes first.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Just curious. Were you told to follow a special diet after having the
>>> gallbladder removed? I ask because my friend is having more stomach
>>> pain now than she was before it was removed, 6 weeks ago. She was only
>>> told to avoid fried foods. My dad was on a strict, special diet but he
>>> also had pancreas issues.

>> I have a couple of friends that had their gallbladders removed, and they
>> eat everything fried or not with no problems, but another one has
>> problems with some foods, so I imagine it depends on the person and other
>> issues as you say.

> I had my gallbladder out years ago and it has made not the slightest bit
> of difference to what I can eat.

Interesting. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 6:24:17 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-07-17, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
> > can eat most of those.... but not lactose.

> Like cows shouldn't be fed corn, elderly humans should not be drinking
> cow's milk.

That inspired this old man to:

1. Down a small glass of my homemade cultured (cow's) milk.
2. Chase it with some whole milk with added half&half over ice.
3. Use the rest of the glass for a nice iced cafe au lait.

You are an old fart, notbob.

> nb

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tree nuts. An eighth of an inch of European chocolate with hazelnut oil added to make it
richer put me in the ER. Every reaction is worse than the last. I am extremely careful
about what I eat that may have nuts or nut oil in it. Hazelnuts are the worst, although the
others are a close second.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food
>> allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say
>> highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>> So, fire away!

> Not me.
>
> Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.
>
> My immune system works to the design specs.

I have asthma and have some allergies, but not for foods.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:39:48 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:30:28 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>>> So, fire away!

>>Not me.
>>
>>Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.
>>
>>My immune system works to the design specs.

>You just haven't tried enough.

That's why I say I've never HAD a reaction to poison ivy. So evidely,
I've never demonstrated sensitivity to it. But I KNOW we can develop a
new allergy at any time.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:52:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
> So, fire away!

I have a slight llergy to peanut butter which I developed in the
last couple of years, I will get hives when I eat it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:

> On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:52:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
> > So, fire away!

> I have a slight llergy to peanut butter which I developed in the
> last couple of years, I will get hives when I eat it.

If you like peanut butter though, keep in mind, allergies come and go.
Maybe give it a try 6-12 months later (in a tiny dose)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food
>> allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say
>> highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>> So, fire away!

> Not me.
>
> Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.
>
> My immune system works to the design specs.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

None that I know of either.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 9:37 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food
>>> allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I
>>> say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>>> So, fire away!

>> Not me.
>>
>> Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.
>>
>> My immune system works to the design specs.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> None that I know of either.
>
> Cheri

I have no food intolerances, either. OTOH, there are some foods I
simply won't tolerate. A wedge of iceburg lettuce comes to mind.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I have no food intolerances, either. OTOH, there are some foods I
> simply won't tolerate. A wedge of iceburg lettuce comes to mind.

A simple salad of just iceburg and maybe a few other ingredients is a
required side any time I eat spaghetti or lasagne. For the pasta meals
only, I use a mix of mayo and ketchup. That taste goes so well with
that meal.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > I have no food intolerances, either. OTOH, there are some foods I
> > simply won't tolerate. A wedge of iceburg lettuce comes to mind.

> A simple salad of just iceburg and maybe a few other ingredients is a
> required side any time I eat spaghetti or lasagne. For the pasta meals
> only, I use a mix of mayo and ketchup. That taste goes so well with
> that meal.
>
> G.

Mayo and ketchup for the salad dressing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 8:34:04 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> rosie wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:52:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > > I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
> > > So, fire away!

> > I have a slight llergy to peanut butter which I developed in the
> > last couple of years, I will get hives when I eat it.

> If you like peanut butter though, keep in mind, allergies come and go.
> Maybe give it a try 6-12 months later (in a tiny dose)

I will do that. Peanut butter on an english muffin is my , or should I say, was my breakfast most morning. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 9:03:40 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Gary wrote:
> >
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > I have no food intolerances, either. OTOH, there are some foods I
> > > simply won't tolerate. A wedge of iceburg lettuce comes to mind.

> > A simple salad of just iceburg and maybe a few other ingredients is a
> > required side any time I eat spaghetti or lasagne. For the pasta meals
> > only, I use a mix of mayo and ketchup. That taste goes so well with
> > that meal.
> >
> > G.

> Mayo and ketchup for the salad dressing.

And that mixture doesn't make you vomit?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 5:18 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> You are an old fart, notbob.

You're a clam fart, you worthless ass-sucker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 6:39 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:30:28 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> I am curious to see how many people on RFC have food allergies/intolerances. I am highly allergic to dairy and egg. When I say highly allergic I mean anaphylactic - not a good thing!
>>> So, fire away!

>> Not me.
>>
>> Plus, I'm only slightly sensitive to poison ivy.
>>
>> My immune system works to the design specs.

> You just haven't tried enough.

Eat some cyanide, asswipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 7:32 AM, wrote:
> She was so lucky she was attended to by a
> doc who knew the connection when she said she was allergic to poison
> ivy and mussels.

So your dietary assault on her was ended?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 7:53 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I have no food intolerances, either.

SFW?

**** off, get out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 8:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> For the pasta meals
> only, I use a mix of mayo and ketchup

You have the taste sensibility of a common HOG!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 8:04 AM, Gary wrote:
> Mayo and ketchup for the salad dressing.

DISGUSTING!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 8:27 AM, wrote:
> I bought my ingredients this a.m.
> and will be making the soup later on.

Remember to boil your filthy toe in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2015 9:22 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 9:03:40 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Gary wrote:

>>> A simple salad of just iceburg and maybe a few other ingredients is a
>>> required side any time I eat spaghetti or lasagne. For the pasta meals
>>> only, I use a mix of mayo and ketchup. That taste goes so well with
>>> that meal.
>>>
>>> G.

>> Mayo and ketchup for the salad dressing.

> And that mixture doesn't make you vomit?
>

> --Bryan

+1!