Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spring

My guys ain't ascared of any stinnkin'geese:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2yzlx53.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/28inmt4.jpg
Typical spring evening:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2dkn8fp.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote in
:

> My guys ain't ascared of any stinnkin'geese:
> http://i58.tinypic.com/2yzlx53.jpg
> http://i61.tinypic.com/28inmt4.jpg
> Typical spring evening:
> http://i62.tinypic.com/2dkn8fp.jpg

Pretty brave guys, these felines. I once watched my tuxedo cat sitting on
the deck facing off against a fox that had the temerity to come out of the
woods and start up the stairs. The fox decided it really didn't want to be
on the deck after all.

What's your tick situation with all the deer hanging around?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-17, Alan Holbrook > wrote:

> What's your tick situation with all the deer hanging around?

Even our deer are currently hunkered down during this freak Spring
snow storm.

Dropped 10 inches of snow since last night and still snowing. I'd
make another coconut cream pie, but outta milk and not sure how long
this snow will last. Oh well, must be a split-pea soup day. No
bacon, but plenty of leftover ham, veggies, plus some smoked ham
shanks. We'll see.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> My guys ain't ascared of any stinnkin'geese:
>> http://i58.tinypic.com/2yzlx53.jpg
>> http://i61.tinypic.com/28inmt4.jpg
>> Typical spring evening:
>> http://i62.tinypic.com/2dkn8fp.jpg

>Pretty brave guys, these felines. I once watched my tuxedo cat sitting on
>the deck facing off against a fox that had the temerity to come out of the
>woods and start up the stairs. The fox decided it really didn't want to be
>on the deck after all.
>
>What's your tick situation with all the deer hanging around?

Simple, once the temperature warms stay out of the woods, unless you
need to, then suit up. Even when mowing out in the open wear high
boots and long pants tucked into socks and with rubber bands holding
the cuff closed, wear a large brimmed hat too. When done check
yourself carefully. Living rural it's best to leave all ones outside
work clothing outdoors, I undress in the garage and then toss my
clothes into the adjacent laundry room. I find deer flies do a good
job of keeping one out of the woods anyway. It's near impossible to
medicate feral cats regularly if at all... but to keep ticks and fleas
off outside pets there are drops one can put in their water bowl...
also sprinkle their food with brewer's yeast. Naturally check with a
Vet for proper dosing.
http://www.amazon.com/AniMed-389112-.../dp/B000HHLRGW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-17 12:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Simple, once the temperature warms stay out of the woods, unless you
> need to, then suit up. Even when mowing out in the open wear high
> boots and long pants tucked into socks and with rubber bands holding
> the cuff closed, wear a large brimmed hat too. When done check
> yourself carefully.

I never saw a tick until about 12 years ago. I have been seeing them
more and more. Last summer was the worst. Almost every time I went out
in the woods or the fields behind us I came back with a tick on me,
sometimes 3 or 4.