Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [OT] How do you know it's really Spring?

OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? No
snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? No
> snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.

You sure wouldn't think that it is almost spring looking out my windows. We had
close to two feet of snow last weekend, probably more than we had had all
winter. It is starting to warm up above freezing during the day but dropping
down a lot oat night. If this weather keeps up the snow will be around for at
least another week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-03-13, cybercat > wrote:

> Redbuds and Bradford Pears budding.

Both seem to be East Coast trees, but you bring up a good point. Blossoms
of any sort (I know not what is local) would be a great indicator. JL tells
me the cherry trees are already in blossom in CA, but they are the most
shameless attention whores. Always gotta be first.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote

> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but
> roads
> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?
> No
> snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.

It used to be the robins, first sign of spring. Now they stick around all
winter. In packs. It's weird. Daffodils, of course! They start coming
up by my neighbor's garage in early January. Hmm.

The Snowdrops are my early warning system, they flower in February.
That's my first sign that winter isn't forever.

Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes its nest
in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to discourage (him?).

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-03-13, Nancy Young > wrote:

> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes its nest
> in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to discourage (him?).

Oh, I like that. I watched a mourning dove pair nest and procreate in a
pine tree about 50 ft from our door. I saw them return (I guessed it was
them, as it was even the same branch), but they only remained for a day or
two and disappeared. Haven't seen them since. Perhaps it was too early and
they were just checking out the old roost. I hope they come back.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?

Sinus headaches.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
>. Anyway, what say ye.

Redbuds and Bradford Pears budding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "notbob" > wrote
>
>> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt
>> again, which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the
>> shadows, but roads
>> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has
>> sprung?

> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes
> its nest in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to
> discourage (him?).

Awwww! I have a Carolina Wren that builds her nest in a wreath on my front
door every year. I can go out the back door and walk around to my car but
it's not convenient when it's pouring down rain (or if I'm hauling in bags
of groceries). Plus she can see me through the glass part of the door when
I walk into the kitchen so she flies off. I've tried pulling out the bits
of twigs and fluff as she starts to build; she just finds more and keeps on
going. Persistent little bugger

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message

> So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?

When the duck boats return to the Pru Center in Boston. We don't need no
steenkin' robins.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
6.121...
> notbob > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt
>> again, which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the
>> shadows, but roads and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really
>> know Spring has sprung? No snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good"
>> local burger stands have opened back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm
>> insanely bent on eliminating the local wasp population. And whodda
>> thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I though I'd left that
>> horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.

> Me crocous are coming up
>
> Michael

May I plant a doubt in your mind? "So far, the crocus have always come up."

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you know it's really Spring?

On Mar 13, 2:58*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
> "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
>
> 6.121...
>
> > notbob > dropped this
> :in rec.food.cooking

> >> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. *I see dirt
> >> again, which has to be a good sign. *Still a lot of snow in the
> >> shadows, but roads and sunny spots are clear. *So, how do you really
> >> know Spring has sprung? *No snow? *Influx of lowlanders? *The "good"
> >> local burger stands have opened back up? *I'm guessing bugs! *I'm
> >> insanely bent on eliminating the local wasp population. *And whodda
> >> thought they have black widows at 7000ft? *I though I'd left that
> >> horror far behind. *Anyway, what say ye.

> > Me crocous are coming up

> > Michael

> May I plant a doubt in your mind? "So far, the crocus have always come up."
>
> Felice

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz, me wonders where da flowers iz?
(or some such)

I'm in the California High Desert where there's no river within more
than a few hours' drive, yet the great Cottonwood tree outside my
window has begun to wave at me with his wee greenie branch tips now
leafed just a bit. Small sand storms a plenty of late, but my much
stiller and beloved 90+ day temps are soon to be back. Until they get
best c;imatized here, my newer Marines thinks their Miss Jeanine be
plum-loonie loving even the 100+ days of dryness. Most come aboard
from home climates having actual and different seasons each year,
whereas I'm quite at peace without often need for long sleeves,
sweater or coat.

It does rain infrequently in my desert, up to an inch or so a year,
and over the 30 years I've been here we've even had snow (that was
entirely gone within only a few hours) three times. Snow dust?

...Picks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:33:41 -0700 (PDT), PickyJaz >
wrote:

>over the 30 years I've been here we've even had snow (that was
>entirely gone within only a few hours) three times. Snow dust?

That snow statistic is true for San Francisco too.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:33:41 -0700 (PDT), PickyJaz >
> wrote:
>
>>over the 30 years I've been here we've even had snow (that was entirely
>>gone within only a few hours) three times. Snow dust?

> That snow statistic is true for San Francisco too.

I've seen in once here in the north end (which starts to rise very
gradually) of the San Fernando Valley, in the L.A. sprawl.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but
> roads
> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?
> No
> snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.
>
> nb

The birds are building nests amid twitters and the cats are finished
breeding so loudly outside my window.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 13, 3:42 pm, notbob > wrote:
> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? No
> snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.
>
> nb

The first wild greens. The cat not coming back from her morning romp
for her food.
Zeppoli, hamentaschen, and the Passover section at the supermarket.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. *I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. *Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. *So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? *No
> snow? *Influx of lowlanders? *The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? *I'm guessing bugs! *I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. *And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? *I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. *Anyway, what say ye. *

I'm drinking iced coffee again (first one was yesterday) after a COLD
Chicawgo winter...I won't drink hot coffee if it's over about 50
degrees.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message

> >. *Anyway, what say ye.

> Redbuds and Bradford Pears budding.

R U in estrus yet...???

;-D

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:33:41 -0700 (PDT), PickyJaz >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>over the 30 years I've been here we've even had snow (that was entirely
> >>gone within only a few hours) three times. Snow dust?

> > That snow statistic is true for San Francisco too.
> >

> I've seen in once here in the north end (which starts to rise very
> gradually) of the San Fernando Valley, in the L.A. sprawl.

We had something around 8" of snow here in northeast TX last week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> "jmcquown" > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> "notbob" > wrote

>>> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes
>>> its nest in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to
>>> discourage (him?).

>> Awwww! I have a Carolina Wren that builds her nest in a wreath on my
>> front door every year. I can go out the back door and walk around to
>> my car but it's not convenient when it's pouring down rain (or if I'm
>> hauling in bags of groceries). Plus she can see me through the glass
>> part of the door when I walk into the kitchen so she flies off. I've
>> tried pulling out the bits of twigs and fluff as she starts to build;
>> she just finds more and keeps on going. Persistent little bugger
>>
>> Jill

> We have a pair of Cooper's Hawks camping out in the neighborhood. My
> neighbor saw one catch a squirrel the other day. The birds are
> magnificent and all the neighbors are keeping their house pets inside.
>
> Michael

Good idea keeping the pets inside. All around this island there are signs:
"Do Not Feed the Alligators". Seems when people started building homes here
25 years ago they thought the alligators at the ponds on the golf course
were quaint... until small pets started going missing! The head of security
relocated a baby one (no more than a foot long) just last week to a more
appropriate (off island) marsh area.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote

> On 2008-03-13, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes its
>> nest
>> in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to discourage (him?).

> Oh, I like that. I watched a mourning dove pair nest and procreate in a
> pine tree about 50 ft from our door. I saw them return (I guessed it was
> them, as it was even the same branch), but they only remained for a day or
> two and disappeared. Haven't seen them since. Perhaps it was too early
> and
> they were just checking out the old roost. I hope they come back.

Oh, last summer I was doing some yard work when I got that
Someone's watching me feeling. I looked to the right and there
was a mourning dove sitting on its nest in a yew, not more than
a foot from me. Poor thing was staring, horrified, I guess it knew
I ate eggs. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes
>> its nest in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to
>> discourage (him?).

> Awwww! I have a Carolina Wren that builds her nest in a wreath on my
> front door every year. I can go out the back door and walk around to my
> car but it's not convenient when it's pouring down rain (or if I'm hauling
> in bags of groceries). Plus she can see me through the glass part of the
> door when I walk into the kitchen so she flies off. I've tried pulling
> out the bits of twigs and fluff as she starts to build; she just finds
> more and keeps on going. Persistent little bugger

I cannot believe how much crap they can put in there in less than
an hour. I feel badly taking it out, that's a lot of work, and they're
so little!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 13, 2:42�pm, notbob > wrote:
> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. �I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. �Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. �So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? �No
> snow? �Influx of lowlanders? �The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? �I'm guessing bugs! �I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. �And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? �I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. �Anyway, what say ye. �
>
> nb

It is Spring here ! The deer are losing Antlers, found drop horns all
ready. It is Spring here, the Phoebes are occupying their nest on my
back porch. It is really Spring here, the turkeys are around all day,
right now there are a dozen bored hens being herded around by a
gorgeous Tom, who displays constantly. The wild flowers are starting
to bloom, the Ouisatch Tree is covered with fuzzy yellow flowers ! It
is certainly Spring here, saw my first red ribbon snake yesterday.
Every day there is something new and wonderful to see.

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote
>

>>Nancy Young wrote:

>>>Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes
>>>its nest in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to
>>>discourage (him?).

>>Awwww! I have a Carolina Wren that builds her nest in a wreath on my
>>front door every year. I can go out the back door and walk around to my
>>car but it's not convenient when it's pouring down rain (or if I'm hauling
>>in bags of groceries). Plus she can see me through the glass part of the
>>door when I walk into the kitchen so she flies off. I've tried pulling
>>out the bits of twigs and fluff as she starts to build; she just finds
>>more and keeps on going. Persistent little bugger

> I cannot believe how much crap they can put in there in less than
> an hour. I feel badly taking it out, that's a lot of work, and they're
> so little!

Think of it as chlorinating the gene pool. About 5 years ago I had
chippies trying to build a nest inside my gas grill, which was used at
least every other day. You'd have thought the scent of seared flesh
would be enough to keep them away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote in message
> [..] So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?
> No snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local
> burger stands have opened back up? I'm guessing
> bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local wasp
> population. And whodda thought they have black
> widows at 7000ft? I though I'd left that horror far
> behind. Anyway, what say ye.

I'm sorry but you left Eternal Spring back here on the Left
Coast of the PRC, Northern Prefecture when you moved to that
Granite-spired desolation... <sigh> If I want snow, I'll drive
to it. If I want wilderness, I can drive to it. If I want to
have difficulty breathing at extreme altitude... Hmmm. I'll
leave that to you.

Black widows don't know better than to live everywhere. That
does suck out loud.

ObFood: Jimmy Dean Biscuit-Egg-and-Sausage all-in-ones. Not
bad.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote:.
>Every day there is something new and wonderful to see.

It sounds gorgeous where you live!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message

> >. Anyway, what say ye.

> Redbuds and Bradford Pears budding.

>R U in estrus yet...???

>;-D

Greggie, dumpling, you have spent so much time absorbed in the topic of my
reproductive organs, I might have to ask you to start calling me Mama.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 13, 11:42*am, notbob > wrote:
> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. *I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. *Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. *So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? [snip]

A tree outside our bedroom window is blooming right now and attracts a
flock of birds a little after sunrise. Their chatter announces, "Get
up! It's Spring." -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> "notbob" > wrote in message

>>> . Anyway, what say ye.

>> Redbuds and Bradford Pears budding.

>> R U in estrus yet...???

>> ;-D

> Greggie, dumpling, you have spent so much time absorbed in the topic
> of my reproductive organs, I might have to ask you to start calling
> me Mama.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww((((((((((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in
:

> I don't mean to piggy-back on my own post, but we know it's spring
> when the lovebugs come out and hit the windshield. Ugh. They take
> the paint right off your car!!
>
> kili

I know it is spring when the BBQ cookbooks quietly whisper my name.

Seems my liking to cook has become apparent at work. My Boss's boss's
boss has challenged me to a BBQ cook off later this summer. Pork Butt
Roasts at 10 paces.

He doesn't even make his own BBQ sauce and didn't know where to shop to
get a boneless butt roast. Either he's toast or bluffing to lull me into
false security.

At least they don't think I'm *** anymore....

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> > You sure wouldn't think that it is almost spring looking out my
> > windows. We had close to two feet of snow last weekend, probably more
> > than we had had all winter. It is starting to warm up above freezing
> > during the day but dropping down a lot oat night. If this weather
> > keeps up the snow will be around for at least another week.

> I know it's Spring because we've been getting tornadoes with lightning,
> thunder, wind and rain. Hurricane season isn't far off. We've got our
> doors and windows open, though. I love the smell of a fresh breeze. :~)

I know it is not spring because there is still a foot of snow on my lawn. I
ran into a friend of mine at a coffee shop today. He was out on his
motorcycle. I was tempted to but the battery back into mine and take it out,
but there is a three foot snow drift in front of the barn door and the 50
yards of driveway to the road is covered in ice and snow. I don't think I
could make it to the street without dropping it, and that is a bad way to
start motorcycle season :-(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:55:25 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>kilikini wrote:
>
>> > You sure wouldn't think that it is almost spring looking out my
>> > windows. We had close to two feet of snow last weekend, probably more
>> > than we had had all winter. It is starting to warm up above freezing
>> > during the day but dropping down a lot oat night. If this weather
>> > keeps up the snow will be around for at least another week.

>> I know it's Spring because we've been getting tornadoes with lightning,
>> thunder, wind and rain. Hurricane season isn't far off. We've got our
>> doors and windows open, though. I love the smell of a fresh breeze. :~)

>I know it is not spring because there is still a foot of snow on my lawn. I
>ran into a friend of mine at a coffee shop today. He was out on his
>motorcycle. I was tempted to but the battery back into mine and take it out,
>but there is a three foot snow drift in front of the barn door and the 50
>yards of driveway to the road is covered in ice and snow. I don't think I
>could make it to the street without dropping it, and that is a bad way to
>start motorcycle season :-(

But otherwise, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>
>>> You sure wouldn't think that it is almost spring looking out my
>>> windows. We had close to two feet of snow last weekend, probably more
>>> than we had had all winter. It is starting to warm up above freezing
>>> during the day but dropping down a lot oat night. If this weather
>>> keeps up the snow will be around for at least another week.

>> I know it's Spring because we've been getting tornadoes with lightning,
>> thunder, wind and rain. Hurricane season isn't far off. We've got our
>> doors and windows open, though. I love the smell of a fresh breeze. :~)

> I know it is not spring because there is still a foot of snow on my lawn. I
> ran into a friend of mine at a coffee shop today. He was out on his
> motorcycle. I was tempted to but the battery back into mine and take it out,
> but there is a three foot snow drift in front of the barn door and the 50
> yards of driveway to the road is covered in ice and snow. I don't think I
> could make it to the street without dropping it, and that is a bad way to
> start motorcycle season :-(

Only a foot of snow! You must live in the tropics. We got 45 cm last
weekend.

I could have sworn I heard a motorcycle this morning. Naw, not likely.

--
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:42:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
>which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
>and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? No
>snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
>back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
>wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
>though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.
>
>nb

I was shopping this morning and saw someone with a bag of charcoal in
her cart. To me, that's a good sign.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-03-14, kilikini > wrote:

> lovebugs come out and hit the windshield. Ugh. They take the paint right
> off your car!!

better than junebugs. If they hit you in the forehead while riding at
speed, they'll take you right off your motorcycle.

BTW, not Spring, here. Snowed 6 inches last night and has been snowing off and
on all day. Storm warnings are out.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>
> > So, how do you really know Spring has sprung?

> Sinus headaches.

Sorry to hear that, I don't have that very often but when it do I
appreciate not having it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >> "notbob" > wrote

> >> Then the real first sign of spring is this Carolina Wren that makes
> >> its nest in my mailbox, year after year. I do what I can to
> >> discourage (him?).

> > Awwww! I have a Carolina Wren that builds her nest in a wreath on my
> > front door every year. I can go out the back door and walk around to
> > my car but it's not convenient when it's pouring down rain (or if I'm
> > hauling in bags of groceries). Plus she can see me through the glass
> > part of the door when I walk into the kitchen so she flies off. I've
> > tried pulling out the bits of twigs and fluff as she starts to build;
> > she just finds more and keeps on going. Persistent little bugger
> >
> > Jill

> We have a pair of Cooper's Hawks camping out in the neighborhood. My
> neighbor saw one catch a squirrel the other day. The birds are
> magnificent and all the neighbors are keeping their house pets inside.

like after the OWl incident
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2008-03-14, kilikini > wrote:
>
> > lovebugs come out and hit the windshield. Ugh. They take the paint right
> > off your car!!

> better than junebugs. If they hit you in the forehead while riding at
> speed, they'll take you right off your motorcycle.

Those things, one time we were at the only source of nighttime light
and they come from the sky towards earth
like missiles. I think they intentionally to hit people. Like some
horror movie. It was June
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> OK, it's starting to look decent in the high country. I see dirt again,
> which has to be a good sign. Still a lot of snow in the shadows, but roads
> and sunny spots are clear. So, how do you really know Spring has sprung? No
> snow? Influx of lowlanders? The "good" local burger stands have opened
> back up? I'm guessing bugs! I'm insanely bent on eliminating the local
> wasp population. And whodda thought they have black widows at 7000ft? I
> though I'd left that horror far behind. Anyway, what say ye.
>
> nb

When the cat moves it's primary fall and wintering sleeping location
to it's warm weather sleeping location and goes bonkers over squirrels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kane wrote:

> Only a foot of snow! You must live in the tropics. We got 45 cm last
> weekend.

So did we. It came in two stages. First we got about a foot of wet slushy stuff,
and then we got a foot of slight fluffy stuff. A few days of warmer weather and
it compressed to about half it's volume. It was +6 yesterday and it is now down
to about 6".

> I could have sworn I heard a motorcycle this morning. Naw, not likely.

I won't be taking mine out until there no chance of hitting ice patches on the
road.... or huge puddles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 10:30�am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "rosie" > wrote:.
> >Every day there is something new and wonderful to see.

> It sounds gorgeous where you live!

It can be beautiful if we have rain. They say that this year the
Bluebonnets will not be very good as there has not been enough rain,
just wait til next year!!

Rosie

Anyone doing anything this spring? George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 5 26-04-2015 06:43 PM
Spring Brooklyn1 General Cooking 7 18-04-2015 12:04 AM
Pizzahouse has a great Spring Salad..anyone hav a spring salad recipe? spus Recipes 0 16-07-2010 10:35 PM
Spring is HERE!! Mr. Bill[_2_] General Cooking 3 19-04-2009 01:40 AM