Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sausage receipes 2

BOCK WURST

"This is Charlie's favorite sausage. It's good real class."

Ingredients:
5 pounds coarse ground pork (Boston butt or shoulder), fat trimmed
1 teaspoon MSG
1 7/8 teaspoons ground thyme
1 2/3 tablespoons ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons salt (canning, non iodized)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 inch diameter fresh bunch parsley
1 7/8 teaspoons white pepper
3 large green onions with tops
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 small onion

After the meat course grinding step, grind the parsley, green onions,
and onion. Run a little meat afterwards to retrieve all of the green
seasonings. Whip the eggs and mix with milk along with the ground
onions and parsley. Mix with the coarse ground pork. Grind over
hamburger plate. Link in 31 to 34 mm casings. See stuffing and
linking.

Sweet Italian Sausage with Wine

"Great for any dish calling for Italian sausage!"

Ingredients:
5 pounds coarse ground pork (Boston buff, pork roast, or pork
shoulder), deboned and fat trimmed
2 1/2 Tablespoons ground fennel
1 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
1 1/4 tsp. garlic (powder or granule)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons non iodized salt (canning salt)
1/2 teaspoon MSG
1 cup red wine
4 teaspoons black pepper

Mix dry ingredients in the water or wine, then mix thoroughly with
coarse ground pork.

Grind over a hamburger plate (1/8 inch holes).

Package in plastic bags or stuff into 31 to 34 mm pork casing. See
stuffing and linking.

BOUDIN'BLANC

"Brightly flavored white New Orleans style sausage!

Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds coarse ground pork butt or roast
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, soaked in milk
2 1/2 pounds ground chicken
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons non iodized salt
1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons white pepper
3/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cups sautéed onions
1/8 teaspoon cloves
4 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 cups warm milk
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Melt butter; sauté and brown onions.

Soak breadcrumbs in warm milk. Mix eggs, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon,
and ginger.

Mix onions, soaked bread crumbs, and parsley with meats thoroughly.

Grind over hamburger plate (1/8 inch holes). Stuff into 31 to 34 mm
hog casings.

Fresh Pork Sausage

Ingredients for 10 lbs.

5 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. ground white pepper
2 tbsp. rubbed sage
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. thyme
1 tbsp. ground hot red pepper
1 pint ice water (optional)

You can make an excellent breakfast sausage using 100% pork butts.
This product is of such high quality that it is never seen in a meat
market and can only be had by making it yourself. You can also make a
breakfast sausage of 50% pork butts and 50% pork trimming and you
would still have a sausage of high quality. All the pork used to
manufacture sausage must be chilled from 32-35 degrees F. without
fail. Be sure that all the meat is free of blood clots, sinews, bone,
skin, glands, etc.

Grinding & Mixing Grind all the meat through a 3/16" grinder plate and
place in mixer. Add all the ingredients and mix well until all the
spices are evenly distributed.

Stuffing Pork sausage may be stuffed into 28-30 mm hog casings or
22-24 mm lamb casings. Pork sausage also may be stuffed into a cloth
bag or a 3 1/2 by 24" fibrous casing. It is very important that pork
sausage not be allowed to remain at room temperature any longer than
necessary. Place in cooler as soon as possible. Pork sausage should be
allowed to chill and dry in 28-32 degree cooler.

Veal Bockwurst

Ingredients for 25 lbs. Ingredients for 10 lbs.

1 quart of whole milk 1 pint whole milk
8 ozs. salt 6 tbsp. salt
2 ozs. powdered dextrose 2 tbsp. powdered dextrose
1/4 oz. mace 1 tbsp. mace
1/2 oz. ground celery 1 tbsp. ground celery
1 oz. onion powder 4 tbsp. onion powder
1 oz. ground white pepper 1 tbsp. ground white pepper
1 bunch fresh chopped chives or green onions 6 pcs. chives or green
onions chopped
1/4 oz. chopped parsley 6 pcs. chopped parsley
1/4 oz. grated lemon peel 1 piece grated lemon peel
6 fresh whole eggs 3 fresh whole eggs
7 1/2 lbs. boneless veal 3 lbs. boneless veal
12 1/2 lbs. lean pork shoulder 5 lbs. lean pork shoulder
5 lbs. regular pork trimmings 2 lbs. pork trimmings

Grinding Grind all the meat through a 3/8 grinder plate, adding all
the ingredients, and mixing well until all ingredients are evenly
distributed.

Stuffing And Cooking Bockwurst is to be stuffed into a lamb casing
24/26 mm in size and made in links 4-6 inches long; then hung on clean
smokesticks. (Do not use a smokestick that can stain the casings, as
bockwurst is a white sausage.)

Sausage should be placed into the cooker or water and cooked until the
internal temperature reaches 152 degrees F. (Be sure the water
temperature is not above 165 degrees F.) Place cooked sausage under
shower for about 10 minutes to reduce internal temperature to 110
degrees F. and remove to cooler overnight.

This sausage also can be frozen and cooked as it is needed. Bockwurst
also is made as a very fine-textured sausage (emulsified) is the
Western New York area. It is very popular at Easter time and also
under the name of "white hot dogs." I hope this recipe is what you
want and I hope you enjoy.

Irish Sausage
Ingredients:

5 lbs. coarse-ground pork butt
3 tsp. thyme
5 cups bread crumbs
3 tsp. basil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tsp. rosemary
8 cloves garlic, pressed
3 tsp. marjoram
1 tbsp. salt 3 tsp. black pepper
2 cups water

Combine all ingredients, mix well, and stuff into sheep casings. Fry
in butter or oil.

Chicken Liver And Pork Sausage

Mix follows:

1 lb pork (I chop rather than mince in order to keep juices in the
meat, and I keep the French tradition of using fatty pork, I'd say at
least 30% fat, the livers need it anyway)

1 lb chopped chicken livers
1 large clove garlic finely pressed and chopped (minced)
1 level tablespoon measure of salt
1 level teaspoon measure of black pepper c.
1/2 a nutmeg "nut" finely grated (sounds a lot, but it needs it)

The mix is very liquid, but the sausages firm up beautifully as the
chopped livers solidify with the heat. The recipe is loosely based on
Elizabeth David's ragu sauce (from Bologna) which features nutmeg and
chicken livers.

Garlic Kielbasa
Ingredients:
4 ts Coarse (kosher) salt
1 3/4 ts Ground black pepper
3 tb Sweet Hungarian paprika
1 ts Dried marjoram, crumbled
1/2 ts Dried savory, crumbled
2 ts Finely minced garlic
10 oz Trimmed beef shin, cut into 1/2" dice and chilled
16 oz Fresh pork fat, cut into 1/2" dice and chilled
1/3 c Ice water
1 1/4 lb Lean, trimmed pork, cut into 1" dice and chilled

1. Mix together in a small bowl the salt, pepper, paprika, marjoram,
savory, and garlic.

2. In the container of a food processor combine the beef, half the
pork fat, half the ice water, and half the mixed seasonings (see step
1) and process to a very fine grind.Scrape into a mixing bowl.

3. In a bowl combine the remaining seasonings, the pork, remaining
pork fat, and remaining water. Process half of the mixture at a time
to a coarse grind and add to the beef. Mix together very thoroughly,
cover,and chill for 24 hours.

4. Stuff the sausage into casings,tying links for 10 to 30 " long,
depending upon your preference. Both sizes (and everything in between)
are considered traditional. Hang the sausages in a cool, airy place
for several hours at least, or until the skin is smooth, dry, and
crackly. If it's too hot or humid to hang the sausages, refrigerate
them, uncovered, for at least 12 hours. To store, refrigerate for up
to 3 days, or freeze for longer keeping.

To Cook: Place one or more sausages in a large skillet with water to
come halfway up them. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 8 minutes,
then turn and cook for about 8 minutes on the other side. Pour off the
water, prick the sausages, and cook them over moderate heat until
browned on both sides.

Makes about 2-3/4 pounds

June Meyer's Authentic Hungarian Sausage (Kolbasz)

10 lbs. coarse ground pork butt or pork shoulder
1/3 cup imported mild Hungarian Paprika.
1/4 cup salt
2 heaping TBS. ground Allspice
5 or 6 garlic cloves
2 cups water

Bring water to boil, add peeled cloves of garlic and simmer 20
minutes.

Fish out cloves of garlic and mash them with a little water.

Add this to remaining water and mix all of the garlic water into the
meat mix. Mix everything together well.

Keep the meat mix cool. If you stuff the mix into casings, let the
sausages hang for a day in at least 20 degrees. Smoke sausage
according to your smoker instructions.

If you are not going to stuff into casings, form into patties, wrap
and freeze.

Polish Kielbasa
Ingredients:
6 Ft 2-1/2" diameter hog casings
3 lb Lean pork butt, cubed
1 lb Lean beef chuck, cubed
1/2 lb Veal, cubed
1/2 lb Pork fat, cubed
2 1/2 ts Salt, or to taste
3 ts Finely ground black pepper
2 ts Ground marjoram
2 ts Ground summer savory
1/2 ts Ground allspice
3 Cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tb Sweet paprika

"Recipes for this sausage are so variable that what passes for
kielbasa in one area might be regarded as not authentic in another.
The ingredients and pronunciation of kielbasa are as variable as are
the vagaries of the spring weather, the time of year when kielbasa is
traditionally made. This version uses pork, beef, and veal and makes
five lb"

1. Prepare the casings.

2. Grind the meats and fat together through
the coarse disk.

3. Mix the remaining ingredients with the meat.

4. Stuff the casings and leave the sausage in long links. Lengths of
eighteen inches to two feet are traditional.

5. Allow the sausage to dry in a cool place for three or four hours or
refrigerate for twenty-four hours uncovered.

6. Cook by roasting in a 425~ F. oven for forty-five minutes. These
sausages are also excellent grilled over a charcoal fire and eaten in
a Kaiser roll, lathered with a spicy brown mustard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Irish Sausage
> Ingredients:
>
> 5 lbs. coarse-ground pork butt
> 3 tsp. thyme
> 5 cups bread crumbs
> 3 tsp. basil
> 4 eggs, lightly beaten
> 3 tsp. rosemary
> 8 cloves garlic, pressed
> 3 tsp. marjoram
> 1 tbsp. salt 3 tsp. black pepper
> 2 cups water
>
> Combine all ingredients, mix well, and stuff into sheep casings. Fry
> in butter or oil.

Hi Ed!

THank you and this is the one that sings to me best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/15/2015 6:13 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Irish Sausage
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 5 lbs. coarse-ground pork butt
>> 3 tsp. thyme
>> 5 cups bread crumbs
>> 3 tsp. basil
>> 4 eggs, lightly beaten
>> 3 tsp. rosemary
>> 8 cloves garlic, pressed
>> 3 tsp. marjoram
>> 1 tbsp. salt 3 tsp. black pepper
>> 2 cups water
>>
>> Combine all ingredients, mix well, and stuff into sheep casings. Fry
>> in butter or oil.

> Hi Ed!
>
> THank you and this is the one that sings to me best.

You're welcome. Pretty much something for everyone in there.