Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Glass lidded glass cooking bowl

I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(

I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.

Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
glass lid?

Thanks!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 19:30:41 -0600, John Kuthe >
wrote:

> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
> glass lid?
>
> Thanks!

Google: 1 qt glass casserole with lid and you'll get lots of choices
plus local places to try first.

http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking...with+glass+lid

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
>I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
>Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>glass lid?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John Kuthe...

Target has a set of three different size glass/glass bowls, which I
*think* are pyrex-equivalent. They often run out, but they've been on
the shelf for at least six months. I keep thinking I need them too
but haven't got them yet.

They also have (I think Rubbermaid) a variety of real Pyrex bowls with
glass/plastic lids.

J.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
> glass lid?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Kuthe...

I always use Ebay for stuff like that. It will likely be used and it might
be expensive but you should be able to find one if you keep looking. Might
have to look for a few weeks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have one glass bowl with a glass lid, and it is Pyrex. Corning also might make such a thing.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 18:18:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>
>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>> glass lid?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I always use Ebay for stuff like that. It will likely be used and it might
>be expensive but you should be able to find one if you keep looking. Might
>have to look for a few weeks.

I bid on a few on Ebay, then they said I couldn't bid on any more!!

I have the $$!! *******s!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 17:57:14 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 19:30:41 -0600, John Kuthe >
>wrote:
>
>> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>
>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>> glass lid?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>Google: 1 qt glass casserole with lid and you'll get lots of choices
>plus local places to try first.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking...with+glass+lid

Thanks! Figures Amazon has the market tied up!

All I could find was plastic lids. Bought a set of 3 Anchor Steam 20oz
glass bowls and glass lids. Hope they are what I'm looking for.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 5:30:44 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
> glass lid?

Since Pyrex was taken over by World Kitchen it hasn't been the same.
Ebay is your alternative, unless you can order it from Europe, where
Newell Rubbermaid owns the plants that prepare the original borosilicate
glass.

www.pyrex.eu
Hey, maybe Ophelia could order one for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message

I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(

I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.

Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
glass lid?

My local thrift stores are full of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:48:35 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 2-Feb-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
>> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>
>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>> glass lid?

>The first place I'd look is Big Lots - they often have Anchor Hocking and
>similar glass cookware, with and without lids. I'd also check eBay; there
>is are often lids available for casseroles and such - the seller broke the
>dish but offers the lid for those who have the reverse problem. I have
>found a couple of lids I needed for Corningware pieces. You just have to
>give sufficient thought to constructing your boolean search keywords; one
>person's lid is another person's top or cover.

I eschew Big Box stores on principle.

And yes, I've got a couple of bids on Ebay items. Want to bid on more,
would rather do a "buy now" but Ebay is being a PITA for me.

Thanks!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
>I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
>Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>glass lid?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John Kuthe...
>
>---

You can probably find "an exact match" for this item on either
"ebay.com" or "craigslist.com". There are millions of people trading
on these websites.

William
(who has a sister receiving ebay and craigslist merchandise via UPS
daily)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Has anyone heard of Fire-King bakeware? It may have been made by Anchor Hocking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 8:30:44 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
> glass lid?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> ---

Check your thrift shops, closeout stores etc. Yard sales.
I know how you feel. I broke the bottom of my 1969 Pyrex 2 cup covered set. Had to buy a new Anchor Hocking but not same dimensions. I guess I used that Pyrex about 5 thousand times - it went to work, or stored leftovers every day of its long life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
>I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
>Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>glass lid?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John Kuthe...
>
>---

This is a consignment shop I was in a few days ago. One of the vendors
there has shelf after shelf of pyrex bowls in all shapes and sizes and
a lot of separate lids too.
I suppose if you call them they can put you in touch with the vendor.
Hope this helps.
http://www.buycreativeinstinct.com/

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:07:33 -0800, JRStern >
wrote:

http://www.target.com/p/pyrex-easy-g...r/-/A-13796564

http://www.target.com/p/anchor-hocki...z/-/A-14442471

read the reviews: apparently lots of them are damaged before they hit
the shelves - I was just in the store, and the only one they had also
was full of shards!

Note these are all three the same size, I'm pretty sure that
previously they had a set of three different sizes.

J.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The old bakeware was made from borosilicate glass, the newer stuff is made from something much cheaper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2015 7:30 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
> glass lid?

Simex sells a set of three (1 liter, 1.5 liter, 2 liter), round bowls
with handles and glass lids, made of borosilicate glass, on Amazon for
thirty bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Simax-Piece-Ro...ywords=marinex

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:12:58 -0600, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:

>On 2/2/2015 7:30 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>
>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>> glass lid?
>>

>Simex sells a set of three (1 liter, 1.5 liter, 2 liter), round bowls
>with handles and glass lids, made of borosilicate glass, on Amazon for
>thirty bucks:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Simax-Piece-Ro...ywords=marinex

Mo
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/...t-6-piece.aspx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/5/2015 12:56 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:12:58 -0600, Moe DeLoughan >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/2015 7:30 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>>
>>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>>> glass lid?
>>>

>> Simex sells a set of three (1 liter, 1.5 liter, 2 liter), round bowls
>> with handles and glass lids, made of borosilicate glass, on Amazon for
>> thirty bucks:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Simax-Piece-Ro...ywords=marinex

> Mo
> http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/...t-6-piece.aspx

The Libbey set isn't borosilicate, which is what the original Pyrex
was made of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:03:32 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> I know, it's all because of the MalWartization of our manufacturing
> base in the U.S.!! Everything now is cheap Chinese crap!|

I got all excited today when I found BIC pens - made in FRANCE!! Could it be that the tide is finally turning?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:41:35 -0600, Becca EmaNymton
> wrote:

> Jean, I have had a problem with egg slicers, but I have to confess that
> I was also using them to slice mushrooms.

Mine lasted for years... until I attempted slicing mushrooms with it
and that was the end of my egg slicer.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>
>I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>
>Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>glass lid?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John Kuthe...

Well, now I gave glass bowls with glass lids coming out my ears!

I bought 3 very nice little Anchor Hocking bowls from some online
website someone here suggested (thanks!) and two little smalllish
squarish bowls offf Ebay which I will probably never even use!

Thanks RFC!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/3/2015 11:48 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 2-Feb-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
>> I dropped the glass lid of my little glass Pyrex cooking bowl I've
>> been using literally for years! Shattered it. :-(
>>
>> I'd like to replace the whole bowl and lid with a comparable set, but
>> all I can find are glass bowls with plastic lids.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a little 1/2 to 1qt glass bowl with a
>> glass lid?

> The first place I'd look is Big Lots - they often have Anchor Hocking and
> similar glass cookware, with and without lids. I'd also check eBay; there
> is are often lids available for casseroles and such - the seller broke the
> dish but offers the lid for those who have the reverse problem. I have
> found a couple of lids I needed for Corningware pieces. You just have to
> give sufficient thought to constructing your boolean search keywords; one
> person's lid is another person's top or cover.

This is what I use and they can still be found on amazon.
<http://smile.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware-2-Quart-Casserole-Dish/dp/B0000CF3UW/ref=sr_1_66?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1424221309&sr=1-66&keywords=pyrex+glass+storage+containers+with+li ds>

--
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I use egg slicers for whole strawberries. Really fast and easy. They can be used for anything fairly
soft ...I'm thinking olives, too.

N.