Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cloves

Have you ever looked at a whole, dried clove and wondered what they
looked like before they were picked? Wonder no more!
https://geonzblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/clove.jpg

I thought cloves came from a bush, but nope - it's a tropical
evergreen tree that reaches 8-10m (25-33ft)!

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I put a whole clove in the water when heating it for ice tea and leave it in, I also take a clove cap sometimes. Clove smells heavenly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:56:08 -0800, sf > wrote:

>Have you ever looked at a whole, dried clove and wondered what they
>looked like before they were picked? Wonder no more!
>https://geonzblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/clove.jpg
>
>I thought cloves came from a bush, but nope - it's a tropical
>evergreen tree that reaches 8-10m (25-33ft)!

I've used cloves for a tooth ache on a weekend when I couldn't get to
a dentist, it works. If you handle cloves be sure to wash well before
touching eyes, lips, and other mucose membranes, oil of clove is far
more potent than the hottest pepper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clove
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...oth-pain/?_r=0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:56:14 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> Have you ever looked at a whole, dried clove and wondered what they
> looked like before they were picked? Wonder no more!
> https://geonzblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/clove.jpg
>
> I thought cloves came from a bush, but nope - it's a tropical
> evergreen tree that reaches 8-10m (25-33ft)!

They do look sorta, kinda, maybe like the dried product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:56:14 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> Have you ever looked at a whole, dried clove and wondered what they
> looked like before they were picked? Wonder no more!
> https://geonzblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/clove.jpg
>
> I thought cloves came from a bush, but nope - it's a tropical
> evergreen tree that reaches 8-10m (25-33ft)!

They do sorta, kinda, maybe look like the dried product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 11:56:15 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I've used cloves for a tooth ache on a weekend when I couldn't get to
> a dentist, it works. If you handle cloves be sure to wash well before
> touching eyes, lips, and other mucose membranes, oil of clove is far
> more potent than the hottest pepper.

You are SO MOTHER****ING STUPID!

Eugenol is *nowhere near* as potent an irritant as capsaicin. Not even
close. You just blow out your ass.

I should, however, apologize for using the word, "mother****ing." In the
interest of accuracy, it should have been brother****ing.

--Bryan

Cloves z z General Cooking 8 07-12-2012 07:11 PM
I was looking for the cloves Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 10 25-01-2008 05:41 PM
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic Mary[_5_] Recipes (moderated) 0 10-04-2007 02:15 AM
antidote for too many cloves? tert in seattle General Cooking 21 27-03-2007 07:20 PM
The Emperor's new cloves Koko General Cooking 12 29-01-2007 03:25 AM