Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I was looking for the cloves

Tracy wrote:
> Monday night I wanted to make gingersnaps. Part of assembling the
> ingredients included searching through my spice "rack" for the cinnamon,
> ginger and cloves. I must have went through that rack a dozen times
> trying to find the cloves. I couldn't find it. I gave up and made the
> cookies without and they were fine.
>
> This morning, I was looking at my spices for some reason and saw this.
>
> http://i29.tinypic.com/5wvxpx.jpg
>

> It is kind of hard to read the label - but there they are - couldn't be
> any more obvious.
>
> I blame the booze.
>
> -Tracy

LOL, yeah.,. if they were any closer they would have bitten you.
Been there, done that. Not the booze part, the overlooked part.

Do you use candied ginger in your gingersnaps?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> Monday night I wanted to make gingersnaps. Part of assembling the
>> ingredients included searching through my spice "rack" for the
>> cinnamon, ginger and cloves. I must have went through that rack a
>> dozen times trying to find the cloves. I couldn't find it. I gave up
>> and made the cookies without and they were fine.
>>
>> This morning, I was looking at my spices for some reason and saw this.
>>
>> http://i29.tinypic.com/5wvxpx.jpg
>>

>> It is kind of hard to read the label - but there they are - couldn't
>> be any more obvious.
>>
>> I blame the booze.
>>
>> -Tracy

> LOL, yeah.,. if they were any closer they would have bitten you.
> Been there, done that. Not the booze part, the overlooked part.
>
> Do you use candied ginger in your gingersnaps?

No, but I have been thinking about adding. They are my son's favorite
cookie..and he loves candied ginger too...so next time!

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:27:51 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>Monday night I wanted to make gingersnaps. Part of assembling the
>ingredients included searching through my spice "rack" for the cinnamon,
>ginger and cloves. I must have went through that rack a dozen times
>trying to find the cloves. I couldn't find it. I gave up and made the
>cookies without and they were fine.
>
>This morning, I was looking at my spices for some reason and saw this.
>
>http://i29.tinypic.com/5wvxpx.jpg
>

>It is kind of hard to read the label - but there they are - couldn't be
>any more obvious.
>
>I blame the booze.
>
>-Tracy

Join the club ;-)

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 1/20

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:06:28 -0800, koko wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:27:51 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>
>>Monday night I wanted to make gingersnaps. Part of assembling the
>>ingredients included searching through my spice "rack" for the cinnamon,
>>ginger and cloves. I must have went through that rack a dozen times
>>trying to find the cloves. I couldn't find it. I gave up and made the
>>cookies without and they were fine.
>>
>>This morning, I was looking at my spices for some reason and saw this.
>>
>>http://i29.tinypic.com/5wvxpx.jpg
>>

>>It is kind of hard to read the label - but there they are - couldn't be
>>any more obvious.
>>
>>I blame the booze.
>>
>>-Tracy

>Join the club ;-)
>
>koko

nah, it's gremlins.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:06:28 -0800, koko wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:27:51 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>>
>>> Monday night I wanted to make gingersnaps. Part of assembling the
>>> ingredients included searching through my spice "rack" for the cinnamon,
>>> ginger and cloves. I must have went through that rack a dozen times
>>> trying to find the cloves. I couldn't find it. I gave up and made the
>>> cookies without and they were fine.
>>>
>>> This morning, I was looking at my spices for some reason and saw this.
>>>
>>> http://i29.tinypic.com/5wvxpx.jpg
>>>

>>> It is kind of hard to read the label - but there they are - couldn't be
>>> any more obvious.
>>>
>>> I blame the booze.
>>>
>>> -Tracy

>> Join the club ;-)
>>
>> koko

> nah, it's gremlins.
>
> your pal,
> blake

That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:33:25 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:

>>> Join the club ;-)
>>>
>>> koko

>> nah, it's gremlins.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.
>
>-Tracy

the good think is, if you have a drink they go away.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:33:25 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>

>> blake murphy wrote:

>>> nah, it's gremlins.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>> That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.
>>
>> -Tracy

> the good think is, if you have a drink they go away.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Wondrous little miracle drug, isn't it?

-Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:09:01 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:33:25 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>

>>blake murphy wrote:

>>> nah, it's gremlins.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>>That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.
>>
>>-Tracy

>the good think is, if you have a drink they go away.
>
>your pal,
>blake

More than one drink, they come back with their homies.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 1/20

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:26:52 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:

>>> That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.
>>>
>>> -Tracy

>> the good think is, if you have a drink they go away.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Wondrous little miracle drug, isn't it?
>
>-Tracy

the applications are wide and numerous.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:49:48 -0800, koko wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:09:01 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:

>>>That's it!! Gremlins. Little *******s.
>>>
>>>-Tracy

>>the good think is, if you have a drink they go away.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

>More than one drink, they come back with their homies.
>
>koko

but by that time, you're ready to fight 'em.

your pal,
blake

cloves sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 22-01-2015 08:23 PM
Cloves z z General Cooking 8 07-12-2012 08:11 PM
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic Mary[_5_] Recipes (moderated) 0 10-04-2007 02:15 AM
antidote for too many cloves? tert in seattle General Cooking 21 27-03-2007 07:20 PM
The Emperor's new cloves Koko General Cooking 12 29-01-2007 04:25 AM