Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast 11/16/2014

I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-16 10:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?

I just made up a batch of buttermilk blueberry muffins. They went into
the oven a few minutes ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 10:41:18 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
>Jill

Made a hash of leftovers too. The potatoes were roasted yellow and
sweet potatoes from earlier in the week. Chopped an onion first
though. Eggs over easy, English muffin, half with strawberry
preserves and a cup of good tea.

Last glass of cold milk I had was probably about 1960. Never liked
drinking milk, but I love milk products like sour cream, ice cream,
and cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
>Jill

Usual "Monk's Breakfast" as Bryan calls it. Chopped ham with beans and
rice, and a mango for dessert.

And then a second dessert of some King's walnut fudge a friend gave
me! YUM!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:41:26 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

OK I had some of those croissants that I buy at TJs and bake! Boy are they ever good. also a spinach quiche. Coffee of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peanut butter and banana sandwich

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 12:44 PM, Tara wrote:
> Peanut butter and banana sandwich
>
> Tara

Internet was down this morning so we went to McDonalds for breakfast and
free WiFi. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuits.

I really need to get one of those mobile hotspot devices for when stuff
like this happens.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 9:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

Got home from my river cruise at 11 PM. Only thing I had in the house
for breakfast were eggs and tortillas. I made a breakfast taco. (*not*
crispy, Julie)

Went to the grocery, picked up my dog and am now unpacking and doing
laundry.

I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
wanted to take the chef home with me.

More later.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 11/16/2014 9:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>>
>> Jill

> Got home from my river cruise at 11 PM. Only thing I had in the house for
> breakfast were eggs and tortillas. I made a breakfast taco. (*not*
> crispy, Julie)
>
> Went to the grocery, picked up my dog and am now unpacking and doing
> laundry.
>
> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I wanted
> to take the chef home with me.
>
> More later.

Good to see you back and even better to hear you enjoyed your trip )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 1:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
> wanted to take the chef home with me.

I know a woman who did that. Really.

When his contract was done, he moved in with her. They stayed together
for 3 months then he left and went back to work. (Many cruise employees
work 9 months on and 3 months off).

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:41:26 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

Two over easy eggs and coffee, no toast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

>Got home from my river cruise at 11 PM. Only thing I had in the house
>for breakfast were eggs and tortillas. I made a breakfast taco. (*not*
>crispy, Julie)
>
>Went to the grocery, picked up my dog and am now unpacking and doing
>laundry.
>
>I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
>wanted to take the chef home with me.
>
>More later.

Welcome home! Sounds like you had some great chow. Why didn't that
stew burner come home with you, I certainly would have... did you at
least exchange contact info?

I'm having some nice thick center cut pork loin chops for dinner,
accompanied by Chinese style green beans... was a 4 pound bag of
frozen young beans from BJ's. I've made them this way before but this
time I did the entire 4 pound bag instead of just half, they are very
good... sauted a mess of slivered garlic in olive oil, added the
frozen beans and a half cup of water, stired them about until just
heated. Added fresh ground white n' black pepper, a 1/2 tsp msg, a
smidge of red pepper flakes, some toasted sesame oil, a blob of fresh
grated ginger, a good glug of soy sauce, two Tbls of black bean sauce
and stired it all about like the hoky poky. Removed the beans with a
slotted spoon and thickened the remaining liquid with a corn starch
slurry. Last moment I decided to add a small tin of 'shrooms and a
Tbls of orange marmalade. Added the beans back, stirred and put the
thing back in my 4 qt Corning Ware and into the fridge.. cooked these
early this morning:
http://i58.tinypic.com/20szxn4.jpg
I do have slivered almonds but decided not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 1:55:07 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 10:36:55 -0800 (PST), rosie wrote:
>
> > OK I had some of those croissants that I buy at TJs and bake! Boy
> > are they ever good. also a spinach quiche. Coffee of course.

> I've heard about those TJ's croissants, but when I saw them I was put
> off that they were packaged like Pillsbury Crescent Rolls so I passed.
>
> -sw

Steve they come in a ittle box, they are all formed. you just let them rise overnight and bake. Also they have some with chcolate, I will confess they are my favorite, packaged the same way. You can cook one at a time, but I cannot bring myself to do it.!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 3:29 PM, rosie wrote:
> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 1:55:07 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 10:36:55 -0800 (PST), rosie wrote:
>>
>>> OK I had some of those croissants that I buy at TJs and bake! Boy
>>> are they ever good. also a spinach quiche. Coffee of course.

>> I've heard about those TJ's croissants, but when I saw them I was put
>> off that they were packaged like Pillsbury Crescent Rolls so I passed.

> Steve they come in a ittle box, they are all formed. you just let
> them rise overnight and bake. Also they have some with chcolate, I
> will confess they are my favorite, packaged the same way. You can
> cook one at a time, but I cannot bring myself to do it.!!

I love those things, it's amazing to see those little balls of
dough but they turn into a nice little croissant the next morning.
Assuming the house isn't too cold for them to rise, of course.

I like the plain, but the chocolate ones are good, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 1:30 PM, George Leppla wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 1:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
>> wanted to take the chef home with me.

> I know a woman who did that. Really.
>
> When his contract was done, he moved in with her. They stayed together
> for 3 months then he left and went back to work. (Many cruise employees
> work 9 months on and 3 months off).
>
> George L

I offered, George, but he wasn't interested. The fact that he was
French, barely spoke English and was a good 30 years younger than I,
probably was a factor :-)

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 2:35 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 1:30 PM, George Leppla wrote:
>> On 11/16/2014 1:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
>>> wanted to take the chef home with me.

>> I know a woman who did that. Really.
>>
>> When his contract was done, he moved in with her. They stayed together
>> for 3 months then he left and went back to work. (Many cruise employees
>> work 9 months on and 3 months off).
>>
>> George L
>>

> I offered, George, but he wasn't interested. The fact that he was
> French, barely spoke English and was a good 30 years younger than I,
> probably was a factor :-)

His loss!

Welcome home!

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?

The roast beef hash sounds good. I'm going to make scrambled eggs,
bacon, tomato and onion this morning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and a
>biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

Sounds good. I had a poached egg on a toasted slice of rye bread. Coffee
with heavy cream.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:35:11 PM UTC-6, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 1:30 PM, George Leppla wrote:
> > On 11/16/2014 1:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> >
> >> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
> >> wanted to take the chef home with me.

> > I know a woman who did that. Really.
> >
> > When his contract was done, he moved in with her. They stayed together
> > for 3 months then he left and went back to work. (Many cruise employees
> > work 9 months on and 3 months off).
> >
> > George L
> >

> I offered, George, but he wasn't interested. The fact that he was
> French, barely spoke English and was a good 30 years younger than I,
> probably was a factor :-)
>

> --
> From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

did you do the Southern France one ? I was there in Sept, it was a great cruise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 2:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 9:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>>
>> Jill

> Got home from my river cruise at 11 PM. Only thing I had in the house
> for breakfast were eggs and tortillas. I made a breakfast taco. (*not*
> crispy, Julie)
>
> Went to the grocery, picked up my dog and am now unpacking and doing
> laundry.
>
> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
> wanted to take the chef home with me.
>
> More later.

I was thinking about you this morning, wondering how the trip was going.
Glad you're back and that you had a great time!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 12:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Last glass of cold milk I had was probably about 1960. Never liked
> drinking milk, but I love milk products like sour cream, ice cream,
> and cheese.

Different strokes. I *love* milk.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-16 4:44 PM, Jeßus wrote:

>> One of these days I might possibly learn to eat poached, scrambled or
>> fried eggs without toast.

> I had scrambled eggs without toast this morning. With the bacon, onion
> and tomato, I'm not lusting after toast...

For me, toast is an important component to an egg meal. Eggs on their
own just don't do it for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-16 5:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 12:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Last glass of cold milk I had was probably about 1960. Never liked
>> drinking milk, but I love milk products like sour cream, ice cream,
>> and cheese.

> Different strokes. I *love* milk.

Different strokes indeed. I can't remember ever liking to drink milk. It
is nice on cereal. It is good frothed up and added to espresso. It is a
good ingredient for a number of baked goods and it is good for puddings
and ice cream. But... to drink it?? Yech,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:41:26 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

I made bread pudding with cornbread, evaporated milk, and maple syrup along with the other usual stuff. Some cornstarch was added to help it set up nice. It was tasty stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
>Jill

Hash browns done with fresh mushrooms, red bell pepper and green
onions. Topped with an over easy egg.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-16 12:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Last glass of cold milk I had was probably about 1960. Never liked
> drinking milk, but I love milk products like sour cream, ice cream,
> and cheese.

Geeze Ed. Maybe it should scare you how similar your tastes are to
mine. I have not had a glass of milk in at least 30 years, and I never
drank it much before that. When I was a kid I had to have chocolate
added to it to make it palatable. My parents gave up on pushing the milk
on me and gave me tea instead. I do eat yogurt and occasionally sour
cream. I very occasionally have a little whipped cream in things,
unlike my wife and my brothers who can eat it by the bowlful. I eat
cheese once in a while, but rarely cheddar. I discovered that Swiss and
Muenster are lactose free. Once in a while I treat myself to some brie.
That is one cheese that I have a hard time resisting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:41:26 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
>> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>>
>> Jill

> I made bread pudding with cornbread, evaporated milk, and maple syrup
> along with the other usual stuff. Some cornstarch was added to help it set
> up nice. It was tasty stuff.

Please define 'other usual stuff'?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and a
>biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

Heh. I had potatoes and chorizo with egg.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:38:45 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-11-16 4:44 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>
>>> One of these days I might possibly learn to eat poached, scrambled or
>>> fried eggs without toast.

>> I had scrambled eggs without toast this morning. With the bacon, onion
>> and tomato, I'm not lusting after toast...
>>

>For me, toast is an important component to an egg meal. Eggs on their
>own just don't do it for me.

I've gone through phases like that, but I have to remind myself that I
have a wheat intolerance and its still possible to enjoy eggs without
toast. In moderation I'm okay with some toast her and there, but the
past week I've been naughty and need to back off the wheat... I bought
some Weet-Bix when I went camping - something I haven't eaten for at
least a decade - I used to eat them daily throughout my childhood.
Enjoyed them but paid the price for it too
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:41:26 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
>>> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>>> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>>> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I made bread pudding with cornbread, evaporated milk, and maple syrup
>> along with the other usual stuff. Some cornstarch was added to help it
>> set up nice. It was tasty stuff.

> Please define 'other usual stuff'?

He already said corn starch. The rest I am sure we do not want to know.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 5:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-11-16 12:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

>> Last glass of cold milk I had was probably about 1960. Never liked
>> drinking milk, but I love milk products like sour cream, ice cream,
>> and cheese.
>>

> Geeze Ed. Maybe it should scare you how similar your tastes are to
> mine.

I've noticed that on a couple of things. Not ready to do a DNA test
though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 3:21 PM, rosie wrote:
> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:35:11 PM UTC-6, Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> I know a woman who did that. Really.
>>>
>>> When his contract was done, he moved in with her. They stayed together
>>> for 3 months then he left and went back to work. (Many cruise employees
>>> work 9 months on and 3 months off).
>>>
>>> George L
>>>

>> I offered, George, but he wasn't interested. The fact that he was
>> French, barely spoke English and was a good 30 years younger than I,
>> probably was a factor :-)
>>

>> --
>> From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

> did you do the Southern France one ? I was there in Sept, it was a great cruise.

that one is on my bucket list. I did the Mosel and Rhine from
Luxembourg to Amsterdam. Had done Rhine in 2007 as part of Budapest to
Amsterdam, but I got a great price on this one, so I insured it and
signed on. It was so worth it.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2014 4:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 2:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 11/16/2014 9:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>>> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
>>> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Got home from my river cruise at 11 PM. Only thing I had in the house
>> for breakfast were eggs and tortillas. I made a breakfast taco. (*not*
>> crispy, Julie)
>>
>> Went to the grocery, picked up my dog and am now unpacking and doing
>> laundry.
>>
>> I had a fabulous time. The food on the cruise was spectacular. I
>> wanted to take the chef home with me.
>>
>> More later.
>>

> I was thinking about you this morning, wondering how the trip was going.
> Glad you're back and that you had a great time!
>
> Jill

I'll post more about the food.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:55:05 PM UTC-6, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 3:21 PM, rosie wrote:

> >> I offered, George, but he wasn't interested. The fact that he was
> >> French, barely spoke English and was a good 30 years younger than I,
> >> probably was a factor :-)
> >>

> >> --
> >> From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

> > did you do the Southern France one ? I was there in Sept, it was a great cruise.
> >

> that one is on my bucket list. I did the Mosel and Rhine from
> Luxembourg to Amsterdam. Had done Rhine in 2007 as part of Budapest to
> Amsterdam, but I got a great price on this one, so I insured it and
> signed on. It was so worth it.
>
> --
> From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

I imagine it was wonderful, the one I took was perfct and the food was antastc. Weather was good too. I wuld probably likke the one that you took too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
>potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and a
>biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
>
> Jill

Toast. Same as always.

I just started a loaf of cranberry bread. Will try out my new pan.
Tomorrow will make another loaf of honey whole wheat. Got a new pan for
that too. Decided that I needed a larger one. I think I will get a better
rise with a bigger pan. It tries to rise more but the pan can't contain it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:21:08 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:38:45 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I had scrambled eggs without toast this morning. With the bacon, onion
>>> and tomato, I'm not lusting after toast...
>>>

>>For me, toast is an important component to an egg meal. Eggs on their
>>own just don't do it for me.

>I've gone through phases like that, but I have to remind myself that I
>have a wheat intolerance and its still possible to enjoy eggs without
>toast. In moderation I'm okay with some toast her and there, but the
>past week I've been naughty and need to back off the wheat... I bought
>some Weet-Bix when I went camping - something I haven't eaten for at
>least a decade - I used to eat them daily throughout my childhood.
>Enjoyed them but paid the price for it too

I make these wheat free buns all the time. I hope you'll try them
sometime.
http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.co...eese-buns.html

I also make some great wheat free crackers if you're interested.
http://elanaspantry.com/salt-and-pepper-crackers/

http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/01/r...-crackers.html

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:56:46 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <> wrote in message
> > On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:41:26 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> >> I had some leftover chuck roast so I diced some of it up with a small
> >> potato and made roast beef hash. Served with two eggs, over medium, and
> >> a biscuit with butter. Oh, and an ice cold glass of milk. You?
> >>
> >> Jill

> > I made bread pudding with cornbread, evaporated milk, and maple syrup
> > along with the other usual stuff. Some cornstarch was added to help it set
> > up nice. It was tasty stuff.

> Please define 'other usual stuff'?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

The usual bread pudding materials. Eggs, vanilla, cinnamon. I drizzled some maple syrup and sprinkled some big grain brown sugar on top. Next time, I'll add some canned yams to the mix. That would be pretty spiffy.