Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Canada wins on appeal against Quebecois hole

This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296

Good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 31, 2014 8:02:01 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>
> Good!

In French, it's the same name:

http://www.7up.fr/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2014 12:01 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>
> Good!

Arrogant prick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/1/2014 12:01 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
>> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>>
>> Good!
>>

> Arrogant prick.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2014 8:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 11/1/2014 12:01 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
>>> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>>>
>>> Good!
>>>

>> Arrogant prick.

> I couldn't have put it better myself!

So is he the equivalent of a slip and fall schemer, going around
to see who he can scam for money? Or just a fathead.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/1/2014 8:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Arrogant prick.

>> I couldn't have put it better myself!

> So is he the equivalent of a slip and fall schemer, going around
> to see who he can scam for money? Or just a fathead.

Both I would guess. Likes to look important and if it brings the money in,
so much the better.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-01 9:36 AM, wrote:

> Looks like that is exactly what he is! They disgust me, I knew a
> woman here who sued Zellers because the entrance door hit her on the
> bum, $2000 no questions asked to get rid of her (so we should fault
> big stores for doing that) she also fell in Sobeys when the floor had
> just been washed, despite the yellow warning cones, another couple of
> thousand.

I know a litigation prone couple like that. They have launched a
number of law suits over minor incidents. In one case they award was
high enough to pay for an in ground swimming pool. That was the result
of a broom on display falling off and hitting her on the head. I don't
know how that can happen, other than the high probability of things
happening to her. And how much could that have hurt.

> She sued Bombay Company for wrongful dismissal and she had the gall to
> ask me how to set about suing her doctor. I asked why she would do
> that and she had apparently gone to him complaining of knee pain and
> he had said to her he would suggest she lose at least 30lbs, that for
> every pound overweight, count that as eight on hips and knees. I
> looked at her and commented he was correct, she was desperately
> overweight and it would be wrong to do a knee replacement until she
> lost some, that it was good advice.

LOL... sounds like my late brother in law. He was furious that his
doctor had written a letter describing him as morbidly obese and prone
to writing notes on documents in tiny letters. He showed me the letter
and, sure enough, he had written several notes on the document,all in
tiny print. He then ranted about how he was on a 1200 calorie per day
diet and wanted to know why. I pointed to his breakfast.... a huge bowl
of ice cream with chocolate sauce and cookies. He roared at me that it
was diet ice cream.

> Thankfully that ended it, I liked her husband, but he never said
> anything about her suing ways, so I haven't heard from them in a few
> years now but I heard from someone else, she hasn't lost the weight

If I know someone is litigation prone I avoid them like the plague.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2014 9:36 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 09:15:11 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296

>>> I couldn't have put it better myself!

>> So is he the equivalent of a slip and fall schemer, going around
>> to see who he can scam for money? Or just a fathead.
>>
>> nancy

> Looks like that is exactly what he is! They disgust me, I knew a
> woman here who sued Zellers because the entrance door hit her on the
> bum, $2000 no questions asked to get rid of her (so we should fault
> big stores for doing that) she also fell in Sobeys when the floor had
> just been washed, despite the yellow warning cones, another couple of
> thousand.

(snippage)

I'm reminded of a liability claim (slip & fall) that was processed by
the company I worked for. The claim was denied and she didn't get a
dime. The woman truly did slip and fall in the store. She might have
even been hurt a little. But because there was no one else in the aisle
(read: no witnesses) she got up and went to another store aisle where
there were shoppers and pretended to fall again. Good lord, woman, ever
hear of security cameras?! She might have gotten a couple thousand
dollars if she'd just stayed where she was and yelled for help.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I'm reminded of a liability claim (slip & fall) that was processed by
> the company I worked for. The claim was denied and she didn't get a
> dime. The woman truly did slip and fall in the store. She might have
> even been hurt a little. But because there was no one else in the
> aisle (read: no witnesses) she got up and went to another store aisle
> where there were shoppers and pretended to fall again. Good lord,
> woman, ever hear of security cameras?! She might have gotten a couple
> thousand dollars if she'd just stayed where she was and yelled for help.
>
> Jill

Bullshit. That has been an urban legend on the internet for years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2014 12:18 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 23:47:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/2014 12:01 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
>>> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>>>
>>> Good!
>>>

>> Arrogant prick.

> Excusez-moi, but that would be "con arrogant".
>
> -sw

wee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2014 9:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/1/2014 12:18 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Arrogant prick.

>> Excusez-moi, but that would be "con arrogant".

WordReference English-French Dictionary © 2014:

Additional Translations/Traductions supplémentaires
prick n vulgar, slang (penis) (vulgaire) bite, queue, pine nf
(vulgaire) zob nm
(argot, vulgaire) biroute nf
prick n offensive (person: insult) (très familier) con nm
(vulgaire) connard nm
Attends, je vais pas porter ça, je vais avoir l'air d'un con !
Va te faire foutre, connard !

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/31/2014 11:01 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>
> Good!

If he wasn't looking for an excuse to start a law suit, he might have
realized that airlines carry one brand of soda and Air Canada's was
Sprite for a lemon-lime beverage.

If I would have sued for every instance rude people in Montreal mocked
my French by laughing in my face, I'd probably own Montreal.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>
> Good!

This is nothing compared to this:

http://www.steynonline.com/4409/gagging-us-softly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 06:54:20 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>>> This was the case in which a Francophone passenger
>>> insisted on being served his 7-Up in French.
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...rticle-2811296
>>>
>>> Good!

>>This is nothing compared to this:
>>
>>http://www.steynonline.com/4409/gagging-us-softly
>>

> Tea Party type, great friend of Conrad Black and still considers him
> innocent - his opinion doesn't rate with me

go beyond that and look at the facts.