Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT... Team Canada wins Olympic Gold again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> I agree, their truculent attitude made me ashamed. They acted like they
> thought the awards were a crock since they didn't get gold. The Olympics
> are about competition. These ladies need to face the fact that they were
> the only team present at the awards that actually lost their game. Another
> good image for the USA.

Let's face it, US and Canada were the only two teams in contention for
gold. Just look at the scores in the games against the other teams.
There was no parity except between Canada and the US.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> I agree, their truculent attitude made me ashamed. They acted like they
>> thought the awards were a crock since they didn't get gold. The Olympics
>> are about competition. These ladies need to face the fact that they were
>> the only team present at the awards that actually lost their game.
>> Another good image for the USA.

> Let's face it, US and Canada were the only two teams in contention for
> gold. Just look at the scores in the games against the other teams. There
> was no parity except between Canada and the US.

That's true, but a lot of these things change over time. Norway didn't
dominate the Nordic ski competitions like they always did, Korea and China
are making names for themselves in several venues. That's what was
depressing about the USA women hockey team attitude. Many other countries
have to put up with losses year after year and do it with good grace. Maybe
I expect too much. The Olympics is the one place that I expect to encounter
decent attitudes.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-02-26, Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> I expect too much. The Olympics is the one place that I expect to encounter
> decent attitudes.

Davis/White were gracious when robbed of their gold medal.

nb