Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT... Team Canada wins Olympic Gold again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher Helms wrote:

>> Team Canada Women win Olympic Gold over Team USA 2-0

> The Canadians kicked some butt in curling, too. The men and women both
> advanced.

LOL, two guys/ladies sweeping the iced floor before a pressure pot, it
puzzles me. Yesterday I saw some parts of the match of the Swiss team, I
don't know why but I couldn't switch the TV channel, LOL
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosè

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 5:49*am, "ViLco" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms wrote:
> >> Team Canada Women win Olympic Gold over Team USA 2-0

> > The Canadians kicked some butt in curling, too. The men and women both
> > advanced.

> LOL, two guys/ladies sweeping the iced floor before a pressure pot, it
> puzzles me. Yesterday I saw some parts of the match of the Swiss team, I
> don't know why but I couldn't switch the TV channel, LOL

I thought it was fairly interesting too and have watched kind of a lot
of it, even though I don't understand it very well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-02-26, ViLco > wrote:
> Christopher Helms wrote:

>> The Canadians kicked some butt in curling, too. The men and women both
>> advanced.

> LOL, two guys/ladies sweeping the iced floor before a pressure pot, it
> puzzles me. Yesterday I saw some parts of the match of the Swiss team, I
> don't know why but I couldn't switch the TV channel, LOL

Yeah, what is with this unprecedented unending curling coverage.
Izzat some sorta concession to Canada? I mean, we've always seen a
bit of exposure for curling, but this is absurd. It's like watching
paint dry. Or is it cuz it takes so little to cover. Couple of
cameras that never need moving. Boring!!

It was nice to see the extensive coverage for biathalon and
cross-country, even though I'm not a practitioner. With the cable
channels getting a piece of the action, coverage is better than I've
seen in decades. But, curling? C'mon. What's next? Olympians
sleeping?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 5:49*am, "ViLco" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms wrote:
> >> Team Canada Women win Olympic Gold over Team USA 2-0

> > The Canadians kicked some butt in curling, too. The men and women both
> > advanced.

> LOL, two guys/ladies sweeping the iced floor before a pressure pot, it
> puzzles me. Yesterday I saw some parts of the match of the Swiss team, I
> don't know why but I couldn't switch the TV channel, LOL
> --
> * Vilco
> Don't think pink: drink ros

....you were hypnotized.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2010-02-26, ViLco > wrote:
>> Christopher Helms wrote:

>>> The Canadians kicked some butt in curling, too. The men and women both
>>> advanced.

>> LOL, two guys/ladies sweeping the iced floor before a pressure pot, it
>> puzzles me. Yesterday I saw some parts of the match of the Swiss team, I
>> don't know why but I couldn't switch the TV channel, LOL

> Yeah, what is with this unprecedented unending curling coverage.
> Izzat some sorta concession to Canada? I mean, we've always seen a
> bit of exposure for curling, but this is absurd. It's like watching
> paint dry. Or is it cuz it takes so little to cover. Couple of
> cameras that never need moving. Boring!!
>
> It was nice to see the extensive coverage for biathalon and
> cross-country, even though I'm not a practitioner. With the cable
> channels getting a piece of the action, coverage is better than I've
> seen in decades. But, curling? C'mon. What's next? Olympians
> sleeping?
>
> nb

To my recollection, curling has always been covered for this much time in
the mornings and late night. I find the biathalon a doze since the viewer
can't really follow the entire race. Tastes vary.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> It was nice to see the extensive coverage for biathalon and

Shooting and skiing. They could add bears but they'd run out of bears
long before they ran out of competitors.

> cross-country, even though I'm not a practitioner.

I like the long track speed skating. I've put on speed skates under a
dozen times in my whole life.

> With the cable
> channels getting a piece of the action, coverage is better than I've
> seen in decades. But, curling? C'mon. What's next? Olympians
> sleeping?

Olympic poker of course! That's already got its own channel in some
sports pakcage I turned down.