Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Need Food Processor!

I have done without one for just over a year now. No real problems but I
realize now that it would make life easier at times. But rather than get
the Wide Mouth one, I opted for a cheap Black and Decker 8 cup. The Wide
Mouth was great when I was cooking for 9 people and when I needed to prep a
lot of stuff for the raw vegan diet but that stuff doesn't apply now.
Hopefully this will be big enough but not take up too much counter space.
And hopefully it will work. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had one that I bought many years ago and it was useless. That was one of
the few times I actually returned something for a refund. I can't remember
the brand of it. But each time I tried to use it, it threw a tiny morsel of
food up into some mechanism and then it would just shut down and not work.
I could take it apart and pry the food out with tweezers but I would then
repeat the process. So... I was kind of leery of them after that.

The Hamilton Beach was fine for a time but it got what appeared to be mildew
in little crevices that were not accessible to the consumer but apparently
were accessible to the water as I washed it. Hopefully this won't have that
problem either.

I just wish it would come in time for the meatloaf prep. I can sometimes
get next day shipping from Amazon (for a fee) but I can't on this. So I
will have to cut the veggies by hand. I plan to at least prep the veggies
tomorrow and perhaps even mix up the whole thing and then bake on Wed. when
it is supposed to be a little cooler.