Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default infused vodka?

On Sat, 17 May 2014 18:06:51 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-05-17 12:50 PM, sf wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
>> fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
>> else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
>> and should just be thrown out?
>>

>I guess that depends on how long you soak them. I make raspberry hootch
> with the old quart, quart and pond recipe... quart of raspberries,
>quart of alcohol, pound of sugar. The fruit sits in the booze for months
>and sucks the colour and flavour out of the berries and by the time it
>is completely done the berries are pale and taste more like alcohol than
>raspberries.

I have jars of cherries done the same way, albeit without the sugar.
They're about 3.5 years old now... they're a big hit with the ladies
in particular during summertime.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-17 6:57 PM, Jeßus wrote:

>> I guess that depends on how long you soak them. I make raspberry hootch
>> with the old quart, quart and pond recipe... quart of raspberries,
>> quart of alcohol, pound of sugar. The fruit sits in the booze for months
>> and sucks the colour and flavour out of the berries and by the time it
>> is completely done the berries are pale and taste more like alcohol than
>> raspberries.

> I have jars of cherries done the same way, albeit without the sugar.
> They're about 3.5 years old now... they're a big hit with the ladies
> in particular during summertime.

Boogie Berries. I used to get sweet cherries as a friend's orchard and
pour in a mixture of brandy and sugar. The last time I did it was
probably about 25 years ago and I still have a jar left. I should crack
her open one of these days. I may have a delicious treat. Even if not so
good I will have a tiny bit more shelf space.