Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Barbecue beans?

On 4/30/2014 1:51 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-04-30, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> They use peanut oil for frying turkeys, silly. Those fryers are very
>> big and require a gallon or so of oil.

> You can buy turkey fryer peanut oil at Lowe's, typically in 3 gal
> jugs. WallyWorld sells 1 gal jugs of peanut oil, year round fer about
> $13. Good deal. It's what I use.
>
> nb

I usually buy a jug of LuAnn peanut oil in the winter so I can fry all
those potato pancakes.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
>>> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

>> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come to
>> their senses & quit.

> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants etc
> ... thank goodness!

Here too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 4/30/2014 11:05 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:28:19 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Our Walmart has a little turban wearing man who wields a huge broom. I
>>> swear that he seeks me out. Three times I have been there and he has
>>> come
>>> at me with the broom, moving at a rapid clip. I run to the next aisle
>>> get away from him and he comes at me again! I have even tried going to
>>> different part of the store and there he is again.

>> Oh, please! Your trolls are getting a little too obvious, Julie.
>>
>> Obviously he's in cahoots with the crazy driver-lady in the electric
>> shopping cart.

> I'm the crazy driver-lady in the electric shopping cart. I have gotten
> better at it and have only killed and maimed three people on my last
> outing. ;-)

I was tempted to use one but I well remember Angela knocking me over with
the one from Target. Their carts have a delayed reaction from when you try
to stop them And they don't turn well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 4/30/2014 3:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Yep. A friend's brother was a hoarder, and I helped them get rid of a
>>> few
>>> items so that the brother could use his stove and the bathtub. He had
>>> been saving the McD's styrofoam clamshells from his meals "to store
>>> small parts."
>>>
>>> Since then they switched to cardboard. But back then they thought the
>>> clamshells would retain the heat.

>> I used to save Tic Tac boxes for my seed beads. This after I had them
>> in one of those hardware organizers with little drawers. I dropped it.
>> You can imagine the mess that I had!

> I've been working with seed beads since the early 1970's. I bought my
> bead boxes in the fishing tackle department of K-Mart. They are made for
> flies and fish hooks and have covers that snap closed.

Yes, I did see those. But for some reason, I got talked into buying the
other kind.

> Around the late 1990's, when beading became more popular, they came out
> with some pretty good storage ideas.

Yes. I got a very nice craft tote in the 1990's. Or perhaps it was late
1980's. I still have it. Has a little tray towards the top that is great
for holding things like pencils and pliers. The other stuff goes
underneath. It not only holds the beads and findings, but ribbon, chenille
bees, butterflies and other little animals, glue, etc. Only thing it won't
hold is the largest size of watercolor or sketching paper. But the 9 x 12
fits easily in there and it can hold several pads.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:18:56 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
>>> and sunshine. Inconceivable!

>> Unfortunately, when you have food intolerances and digestive problems
>> like she has, plus diabetes - there's not much left to eat.

> I think her "digestive problems" and allergies are just an excuse to
> write off foods she even more foods she wouldn't like any way. Most
> of the foods she can admittedly eat, she doesn't like either.

Uh, no. I happen to really love cheese. But cheese does not love me. I
can live without eggs. Don't really care for them but do wish I could have
something like a tuna sandwich with mayo. I do love tuna salad and even
love chicken salad with pecans. But those things are no longer as well as
almonds which I also love. And for as much as I am not a meat lover, I do
love roast beef. I just can't digest it well. And my all time favorite
food besides beans and popcorn would be a HUGE tossed salad with all sorts
of greens and other veggies with cubes of cheese, beans, olives and nuts.
That is totally out of the question now. Now the best I can do is a few
bites of salad a couple times a week.

Some things that I am intolerant to are no big deal to me. Like any fish
other than tuna or shellfish or even lamb since I either never eat those
things or dislike them to begin with.

> ObFood: BBQ brisket with BBQ sauce, eggs, biscuit(s), and boroccho
> beans for brunch in a few minutes.

Now see... Biscuits! That used to be a favorite food. Yes, I can make
them with no milk or butter. They're not quite the same. And then there's
the carb count. As a diabetic, I have to make the choice as to what to
spend my carbs on. An itty itty biscuit or two (because a big one would
have too many), or beans? Beans have fiber and protein whereas a biscuit
doesn't have a lot of nutrition going for it. Not even a while wheat one
which I have made. They're sure not as good as a good old white buttermilk
one.

I used to make biscuits all the time. Either plain drop ones, rolled ones
cut into sticks and dripping with butter with sesame or poppy seeds on top,
or sweet tea biscuits which were actually just plain ones but sprinkled with
sugar and a little orange or lemon juice. I always put a spoonful of
instant potato flakes in my biscuit dough. Makes them super light.

I'm sure I would like those beans too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 11:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> b.com...

>>> Oh, please! Your trolls are getting a little too obvious, Julie.
>>>
>>> Obviously he's in cahoots with the crazy driver-lady in the electric
>>> shopping cart.

>> I'm the crazy driver-lady in the electric shopping cart. I have
>> gotten better at it and have only killed and maimed three people on my
>> last outing. ;-)

> I was tempted to use one but I well remember Angela knocking me over
> with the one from Target. Their carts have a delayed reaction from when
> you try to stop them And they don't turn well.

The ones in my local Target are just fine.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2014 10:36 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 4/30/2014 11:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I'm the crazy driver-lady in the electric shopping cart. I have
>>> gotten better at it and have only killed and maimed three people on my
>>> last outing. ;-)

>> I was tempted to use one but I well remember Angela knocking me over
>> with the one from Target. Their carts have a delayed reaction from when
>> you try to stop them And they don't turn well.

> The ones in my local Target are just fine.

Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping cart
in Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That would
indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric cart?
They aren't toys.

Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big broom
was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor. He
*works* there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see the
same employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I was tempted to use one but I well remember Angela knocking me over
>>> with the one from Target. Their carts have a delayed reaction from when
>>> you try to stop them And they don't turn well.

>> The ones in my local Target are just fine.
>>

> Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping cart in
> Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That would
> indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric cart? They
> aren't toys.
>
> Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big broom
> was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor. He *works*
> there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see the same
> employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they were
sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or something like
that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what this guy does.
Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the broom into my feet
like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to the next one over, he
repeats the action. It has happened to me twice. Two different occasions,
months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

> >> The ones in my local Target are just fine.
> >>

> > Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping cart in
> > Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That would
> > indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric cart? They
> > aren't toys.
> >
> > Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big broom
> > was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor. He *works*
> > there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see the same
> > employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they were
> sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or something like
> that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what this guy does.
> Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the broom into my feet
> like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to the next one over, he
> repeats the action. It has happened to me twice. Two different occasions,
> months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

Lots of women dream of being swept off their feet by a tall dark
stranger who wants to walk them down the aisle. You should go for it
Julie, surely an improvement on your husband.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >, says...

>> > Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping cart
>> > in
>> > Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That would
>> > indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric cart?
>> > They
>> > aren't toys.
>> >
>> > Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big
>> > broom
>> > was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor. He
>> > *works*
>> > there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see the same
>> > employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

>> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
>> were
>> sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or something
>> like
>> that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what this guy does.
>> Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the broom into my
>> feet
>> like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to the next one over, he
>> repeats the action. It has happened to me twice. Two different
>> occasions,
>> months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

> Lots of women dream of being swept off their feet by a tall dark
> stranger who wants to walk them down the aisle. You should go for it
> Julie, surely an improvement on your husband.

This is a little bitty elderly man with a turban. Hardly my style.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 3:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> The ones in my local Target are just fine.
>>>

>> Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping
>> cart in Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That
>> would indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric
>> cart? They aren't toys.
>>
>> Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big
>> broom was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor.
>> He *works* there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see
>> the same employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
> were sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or
> something like that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what
> this guy does. Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the
> broom into my feet like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to
> the next one over, he repeats the action. It has happened to me twice.
> Two different occasions, months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

You probably ****ed him off when you told him why you hated everything
the store sold. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:08:41 +0000, gregz wrote:

> I never heard of it. I just looked at recipe and I'm sure I could enjoy
> that.

I hope you'll try it sometime. It's delicious on chicken or pork. I
haven't had it in years.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 5/3/2014 3:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping
>>> cart in Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That
>>> would indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric
>>> cart? They aren't toys.
>>>
>>> Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big
>>> broom was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor.
>>> He *works* there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see
>>> the same employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

>> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
>> were sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or
>> something like that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what
>> this guy does. Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the
>> broom into my feet like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to
>> the next one over, he repeats the action. It has happened to me twice.
>> Two different occasions, months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

> You probably ****ed him off when you told him why you hated everything the
> store sold. :-)

I never said that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Mad Walmart Turbin Broomer (was: Barbecue beans?)

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 3 May 2014 01:18:08 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Gotta wonder why Julie's daughter was driving an electric shopping cart
>>> in
>>> Target. Isn't this the girl who attends dance classes? That would
>>> indicate some mobility so WTH was she doing driving an electric cart?
>>> They
>>> aren't toys.
>>>
>>> Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big broom
>>> was after Julie. More likely he was just sweeping the floor. He
>>> *works*
>>> there, fer cryin' out loud. Who gets paranoid if they see the same
>>> employee again two aisles over? Sheesh.

>> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
>> were
>> sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or something
>> like
>> that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what this guy does.
>> Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the broom into my
>> feet
>> like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to the next one over, he
>> repeats the action. It has happened to me twice. Two different
>> occasions,
>> months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

> This is just another one of your paranoid delusions. It's interesting
> how you've now beefed up the story to say he's chasing you and nipping
> at your feet.
>
> Thanks for sharing these gems with us again. We can't get enough
> <sigh>
>
> -sw

I guess you don't want to hear about the road rager that we turned in
yesterday. Oh yes, we have pics. And no. Not gonna post them here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 10:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...

>>> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
>>> were sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or
>>> something like that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what
>>> this guy does. Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the
>>> broom into my feet like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to
>>> the next one over, he repeats the action. It has happened to me twice.
>>> Two different occasions, months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

>> You probably ****ed him off when you told him why you hated everything
>> the store sold. :-)

> I never said that.

No, you just tell us---over and over and over. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2014 4:04 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Yes, I'm sure the guy in the turban (possibly a Sikh) with the big broom
>> >
>> >Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they were
>> >sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or something like
>> >that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what this guy does.
>> >Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the broom into my feet
>> >like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to the next one over, he
>> >repeats the action. It has happened to me twice. Two different occasions,
>> >months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

> This is just another one of your paranoid delusions. It's interesting
> how you've now beefed up the story to say he's chasing you and nipping
> at your feet.
>
> Thanks for sharing these gems with us again. We can't get enough
> <sigh>
>
> -sw

It's actually pretty funny. I can just picture this guy chasing her out
of the aisles with a broom. He really doesn't want her to spend money
at the store that gives him his weekly paycheck.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> It's actually pretty funny. I can just picture this guy chasing her out
> of the aisles with a broom. He really doesn't want her to spend money
> at the store that gives him his weekly paycheck.

heheh The broom guy with a turban chasing her was one of her funniest
stories. I laughed and laughed when I read that one the other
morning. :-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 10:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
> were sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or
> something like that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what
> this guy does. Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the
> broom into my feet like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to
> the next one over, he repeats the action. It has happened to me twice.
> Two different occasions, months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

That's a heck of a story. I can see how that would be scary to see a guy
approaching with these huge brooms from the far end of the aisle. I've
seen these guys in Safeway when I do some late shopping. They seem none
too happy and will wait for the last second before they veer out of my
path. It's as if they're playing chicken with you.

Oh yeah, I'd be watching them real closely if they came at me wearing a
funny hat. My suggestion is that if it happens a third time, report his
ass to the manager. Unfortunately, he might think you're batty as hell.
They always do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote:

>It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure it's
>coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are you're
>going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at least that's
>the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're bugging you on purpose,
>it just seems that way.

The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
while the stores are closed to shoppers... it's the same at other
retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles
pushing a broom. I don't see litter on the floors either, maybe where
Julie lives shoppers are slobs. Here the Walmarts have a large
vestibule at the entrances (where there's also a large alcove off to
the side for the carts), all set up during inclement weather with
absorbant mats so that by the time they traverse that distance and
walk through the next set of doors leading into the store proper their
shoes are clean/dry... here most every store does similar, winters
here are messy with all the sand and salt. Even at people's home guest
know not to enter through the front door, most everyone has an
attached garage or some sort of mudroom at a back door where they
leave their nasty shoes and put on slippers, most socks... people here
in farm country don't wear shoes indoors. And workmen put heavy
plastic overboots over their work boots when they enter a home
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2014 7:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> She may well have almost died due to a foot injury/infection. I'll not
> *completely* discount that. But a turbin wearing store employee
> deliberately stalking/chasing her with a broom veers into the realm of
> science fiction.
>
> Jill

The reality is that there's no way anybody is going to verify what the
truth about this is. The second reality is that there's no way to find
out the truth about most anything that gets posted on Usenet. Mostly,
Usenet is all about free speech, it has never been about truth. I just
think it's a heck of a story/idea, and what's wrong with science fiction?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote:
>>
>>It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure it's
>>coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are you're
>>going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at least
>>that's
>>the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're bugging you on
>>purpose,
>>it just seems that way.

> The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
> been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
> off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
> while the stores are closed to shoppers... it's the same at other
> retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles
> pushing a broom. I don't see litter on the floors either, maybe where
> Julie lives shoppers are slobs. Here the Walmarts have a large
> vestibule at the entrances (where there's also a large alcove off to
> the side for the carts), all set up during inclement weather with
> absorbant mats so that by the time they traverse that distance and
> walk through the next set of doors leading into the store proper their
> shoes are clean/dry... here most every store does similar, winters
> here are messy with all the sand and salt. Even at people's home guest
> know not to enter through the front door, most everyone has an
> attached garage or some sort of mudroom at a back door where they
> leave their nasty shoes and put on slippers, most socks... people here
> in farm country don't wear shoes indoors. And workmen put heavy
> plastic overboots over their work boots when they enter a home

This Walmart is in a very bad location. I know someone who lives nearby and
she said that there are a lot of drug deals going on in the parking lot. I
have not witnessed this myself. Generally when I do go in there though it
is either on my way to somewhere during the day where I would make as quick
of a stop as possible for one or perhaps two items. Or... Late at night.
They are open 24 hours so we are forced to go there after the other stores
are closed. So most of my forays there have been late at night. Not that I
go there often. I don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote:
>>
>>It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure it's
>>coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are you're
>>going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at least
>>that's
>>the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're bugging you on
>>purpose,
>>it just seems that way.

> The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
> been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
> off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
> while the stores are closed to shoppers... it's the same at other
> retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles

That's not the way it is where I am. Oh, and just because *you* haven't seen
it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Real or fantasy, the images evoked are very entertaining

--
from the road via tablet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 5/3/2014 10:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> You probably ****ed him off when you told him why you hated everything
>>> the store sold. :-)

>> I never said that.

> No, you just tell us---over and over and over. :-)

When did I say that I hated everything at Walmart?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 10:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Of course he works there. But I have been in other stores where they
>> were sweeping. They either moved around me or said "excuse me" or
>> something like that. None ever came at me with the broom. That is what
>> this guy does. Chases me out of the aisle at a rapid clip, pushing the
>> broom into my feet like I'm not even there and then as soon as I go to
>> the next one over, he repeats the action. It has happened to me twice.
>> Two different occasions, months apart. Same little guy with the turban.

> That's a heck of a story. I can see how that would be scary to see a guy
> approaching with these huge brooms from the far end of the aisle. I've
> seen these guys in Safeway when I do some late shopping. They seem none
> too happy and will wait for the last second before they veer out of my
> path. It's as if they're playing chicken with you.
>
> Oh yeah, I'd be watching them real closely if they came at me wearing a
> funny hat. My suggestion is that if it happens a third time, report his
> ass to the manager. Unfortunately, he might think you're batty as hell.
> They always do.

Thankfully, Target is open till midnight now. I'd much rather shop there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 May 2014 18:58:45 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/4/2014 2:48 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> She may well have almost died due to a foot injury/infection. I'll
>>> not *completely* discount that. But a turbin wearing store employee
>>> deliberately stalking/chasing her with a broom veers into the realm of
>>> science fiction.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure
>> it's coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are
>> you're going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at
>> least that's the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're
>> bugging you on purpose, it just seems that way.
>>
>> Cheri

>Actually, she said it was at Target. Doesn't matter. I seriously doubt
>this guy with a push broom was intentionally shoving it at her feet from
>aisle to aisle. Next thing you know we'll be told he showed up outside
>her house, whistling eerily. LOL

Maybe he's in cahoots with the racoon? (!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>> "Cheri" wrote:
>>>
>>>It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure it's
>>>coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are
>>>you're
>>>going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at least
>>>that's
>>>the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're bugging you on
>>>purpose,
>>>it just seems that way.

>> The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
>> been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
>> off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
>> while the stores are closed to shoppers... it's the same at other
>> retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles

> That's not the way it is where I am. Oh, and just because *you* haven't
> seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

He probably doesn't shop late at night. Grocery stores tend to sweep just
prior to closing. The K Mart that I worked at would never sweep or run
those floor cleaners when customers were in unless there was some sort of
accident that required immediate cleaning. But a store that is open 24
hours would of course have to do it while customers are in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/4/2014 2:48 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> She may well have almost died due to a foot injury/infection. I'll
>>> not *completely* discount that. But a turbin wearing store employee
>>> deliberately stalking/chasing her with a broom veers into the realm of
>>> science fiction.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure
>> it's coincidental. If you go to Walmart in the morning hours chances are
>> you're going to run into the people with the floor polishers etc., at
>> least that's the way it is here, but it doesn't mean that they're
>> bugging you on purpose, it just seems that way.
>>
>> Cheri

> Actually, she said it was at Target. Doesn't matter. I seriously doubt
> this guy with a push broom was intentionally shoving it at her feet from
> aisle to aisle. Next thing you know we'll be told he showed up outside
> her house, whistling eerily. LOL

No I didn't. It was for sure at Walmart. I have had no problems like that
at Target. I have had clueless cashiers there though. Many times. That is
so bad that when I check out, I try to look for people who have been there
for a while. Ones that I know will do things right. But sometimes I am
forced to choose an unknown person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 May 2014 16:21:27 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
>> been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
>> off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
>> while the stores are closed to shoppers...

> Walmart is open 24 hours almost every day of the year.
>
>> it's the same at other
>> retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles
>> pushing a broom.

> I see custodians with those wide, flat dust mops/brooms all the time.
> I was required to do it during the day when I was a courtesy clerk.

The grocery stores here do it all the time just prior to closing. I have
had a few young and perhaps clueless guys hit me in the feet with a broom
there but they never came at me rapidly. In those cases it was more of an
accident. Tried to go around me but due to the wide design of the broom,
they failed.

My friend's husband is a janitor at Fred Meyers. They do all of that sort
of work after the store is closed except for as I said in another reply,
there is an accident that requires immediate attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 May 2014 10:32:08 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 5/4/2014 7:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> She may well have almost died due to a foot injury/infection. I'll not
>> *completely* discount that. But a turbin wearing store employee
>> deliberately stalking/chasing her with a broom veers into the realm of
>> science fiction.
>>
>> Jill

>The reality is that there's no way anybody is going to verify what the
>truth about this is. The second reality is that there's no way to find
>out the truth about most anything that gets posted on Usenet.

Especially those who don't post pictures,,, the Bovine never posts
pictures, I don't believe anything she says, NOTHING!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-04 4:21 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> The only times I've seen anyone cleaning a floor at the Walmarts I've
> been to is when there's been a spill/breakage, and then they cordon
> off that entire area... otherwise the floors are cleaned and buffed
> while the stores are closed to shoppers... it's the same at other
> retailers. I've never seen anyone going up and down the aisles
> pushing a broom.

I see it all the time. At the Sobey's in our town there is a woman who
is always out there cleaning. I see her almost every time I am there.
She walks around with a broom and dust pan or pushing a bucket of mop
water. The bigger stores have a machine, and it is pretty much a full
time job doing the floors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-04 2:48 PM, Cheri wrote:

>> She may well have almost died due to a foot injury/infection. I'll
>> not *completely* discount that. But a turbin wearing store employee
>> deliberately stalking/chasing her with a broom veers into the realm of
>> science fiction.
>>
>> Jill

> It may be her perception that he's doing it on purpose, but I'm sure
> it's coincidental.

Or.... it us complete and utter bullshit, like many of the things she
complains about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2014 12:11 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> It's actually pretty funny. I can just picture this guy chasing her out
>> of the aisles with a broom. He really doesn't want her to spend money
>> at the store that gives him his weekly paycheck.
>>

> heheh The broom guy with a turban chasing her was one of her funniest
> stories. I laughed and laughed when I read that one the other
> morning. :-D

They could call the movie Men With Brooms.

Oh, wait, that was done already.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2014 2:06 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Especially those who don't post pictures,,, the Bovine never posts
> pictures, I don't believe anything she says, NOTHING!

Most unusual, this would be the first newsgroup around that requires
photographic verification. Brilliant - I like it!

Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
Beans: storing unused canned beans Manda Ruby General Cooking 0 01-05-2010 11:00 AM
Barbecue Beans tranch Barbecue 6 30-06-2005 06:10 AM
Recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans Evelyn Erickson General Cooking 0 22-12-2004 11:00 PM
Dried beans and canned beans jmk General Cooking 7 11-02-2004 01:23 PM