Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Barbecue beans?

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
news
> "Julie Bove" wrote:
>>itsjoannotjoann wrote:

>>> But there dozens and dozens of brands/flavors of bbq sauce.

>> I only tried it a couple of times and hated it.

> If you hated it wouldn't once be enough? I don't like bottled bbq
> sauce but it's easy to make ones own.

I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the food on
the menu sounded good. So I opted for those and a salad.

No need to make my own as nobody in this house likes BBQ sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2014 11:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Wow! You can still smoke somewhere in this country? I thought it was
> banned everywhere!

No, not banned in Missouri. Most public places are smoke-free, but
apparently not bars. Well... I shouldn't say that because I don't know
about any other bars. We hesitated going to this place because it has a
kind of rough appearance, but it's always crowded and does a huge lunch
business.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2014 10:42 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 4/27/2014 11:28 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:

>> A few months ago we found a place in our new town that makes THE BEST
>> cheeseburger I've ever had. The cheese was white with horseradish, made
>> by the local Amish, but the best part of the meal was the baked beans,
>> homemade by the long time cook. Unfortunately this was in a bar that
>> permits smoking so it won't be a place we're likely to return to. That
>> kind of makes me sad because the cheeseburger and baked beans were
>> beyond awesome.

> Take out?

No, I'm not a huge fan of take-out. I know this is going to come out
sounding like I'm a real fussbudget, but I don't want food that's been
sitting in styrofoam (or whatever the packaging is). Ham/cheeseburgers
get soggy and I can't eat that. The exception to that is Chinese food.

Now I'm hungry AGAIN!!!

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 4/28/2014 10:42 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 4/27/2014 11:28 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:

>>> A few months ago we found a place in our new town that makes THE BEST
>>> cheeseburger I've ever had. The cheese was white with horseradish, made
>>> by the local Amish, but the best part of the meal was the baked beans,
>>> homemade by the long time cook. Unfortunately this was in a bar that
>>> permits smoking so it won't be a place we're likely to return to. That
>>> kind of makes me sad because the cheeseburger and baked beans were
>>> beyond awesome.

>> Take out?
>>

> No, I'm not a huge fan of take-out. I know this is going to come out
> sounding like I'm a real fussbudget, but I don't want food that's been
> sitting in styrofoam (or whatever the packaging is). Ham/cheeseburgers
> get soggy and I can't eat that. The exception to that is Chinese food.
>
> Now I'm hungry AGAIN!!!

Agree on that although here, Styrofoam is banned. Some places still use it
though. I don't mind getting it at Burgermaster only because it is so close
to home. Everything is packaged in paper and we can get it here while it is
still hot.

When Taco Time came out with bean tacos, we got those and by the time we got
them home, they were inedible. The beans had made the shells all soggy.
Those things need to be eaten immediately!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 4/28/2014 1:16 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2014-04-28, Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> Just out of curiosity I searched the Walmart site for products that
>>> call themselves "barbeque beans" and the results were kinda
>>> interesting:

>> Is there any company NOT making BBQ beans? I find it all hilarious,
>> as BBQ beans are beans served with BBQ meat, not a style of beans.
>> Can't put beans on a grill. I can turn a can of VanCamps pork n'
>> beans into a dish that will make you cry (in a good way!) and which
>> I'd proudly serve with any Q on this planet.
>>
>> nb
>>

> Remember the TV show "The Jeffersons"? Their jungle had a line: "beans
> don't burn on the grill" I could never figure out how you grilled beans.
> :-)

You can put a pan on the grill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 4/27/2014 11:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Wow! You can still smoke somewhere in this country? I thought it was
>> banned everywhere!

> No, not banned in Missouri. Most public places are smoke-free, but
> apparently not bars. Well... I shouldn't say that because I don't know
> about any other bars. We hesitated going to this place because it has a
> kind of rough appearance, but it's always crowded and does a huge lunch
> business.

Hmmm... I think WA was one of the first places to make a lot of places no
smoking. Wasn't even a law back then and I smoked and I hated it! We'd
walk out of places if they didn't allow it.

Smoking was allowed in most places when we were in MA so imagine my surprise
when it wasn't allowed anywhere in CA, or NY and by the time we moved back
here, here! Not sure about PA. Last time we were there you could smoke
some places.

You don't see too many smokers here at all any more. When they do smoke it
is usually in their vehicles. I do know a few younger people who smoke.
But everyone my age or older that I know has quit, if they even smoked to
begin with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2014 10:46 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I could never figure out how you grilled
> beans. :-)

Very carefully.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 4/27/2014 9:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Not here. We have baked beans and BBQ beans with baked beans being more
>>> common. Although not too many restaurants offer either one. We are
>>> getting a few more BBQ places here than we had in the past but they seem
>>> to more catering places or just a drive through. Not places where you'd
>>> sit down and eat. The one nearest here is in an industrial complex.

>> A few months ago we found a place in our new town that makes THE BEST >
>> cheeseburger I've ever had. The cheese was white with horseradish, made
>> > by the local Amish, but the best part of the meal was the baked beans,

>> Now I'm hungry. Again.

> Wow! You can still smoke somewhere in this country? I thought it was banned everywhere!

A very high percentage of bar goers in Pa smoke. Banned ? Pa gets about a
billion dollars a year in smoke tax. You can't smoke in restaurants, or
bars that sell a lot of food. I've been in bars that have over 80 %
smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Yes Sheldon, I'm sure it is. But I don't use enough BBQ sauce to
>>> bother making my own, yet. And all common commecially available BBQ
>>> sauces are just sweetened tomato paste based sauces, many with smoke
>>> flaviring, some with other flavorings. And of course there are some
>>> non-tomato based sauces as well.
>>>

>> Bottled BBQ sauce is fine by me. I don't use it very often.

> That's another reason why I prepare my own, I don't use it very often
> or use very much... I may mix up a cup maybe once a year.

BBQ sauce can be anything used on BBQ meat. BBQ beans could be anything
used eating along with BBQ meat ?? To make real BBQ baked beans need tray
in smoker.

One BBQ sauce I use is vinegar with pepper spices, Scotts. Another BBQ
sauce I use is a bit like yellow mustard, and it is yellow. Pa Gold.
Another like I make, also used in a bunch of places here, is a red spicy
blend, not sweet at all.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message

>>> Take out?
>>>

>> No, I'm not a huge fan of take-out. I know this is going to come out >
>> sounding like I'm a real fussbudget, but I don't want food that's been >
>> sitting in styrofoam (or whatever the packaging is). Ham/cheeseburgers
>> > get soggy and I can't eat that. The exception to that is Chinese food.

>> Now I'm hungry AGAIN!!!

> Agree on that although here, Styrofoam is banned. Some places still use
> it though. I don't mind getting it at Burgermaster only because it is so
> close to home. Everything is packaged in paper and we can get it here
> while it is still hot.
>
> When Taco Time came out with bean tacos, we got those and by the time we
> got them home, they were inedible. The beans had made the shells all
> soggy. Those things need to be eaten immediately!

Mcdonalds used no styrofoam or soggy making aluminum foil, ever, that I can
remember.

I've seen plastic looking containers that are really a food product that
breaks down over time. We had them in a cafeteria.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> A few months ago we found a place in our new town that makes THE BEST >
>>> cheeseburger I've ever had. The cheese was white with horseradish, made
>>>
>>> Now I'm hungry. Again.

>> Wow! You can still smoke somewhere in this country? I thought it was
>> banned everywhere!

> A very high percentage of bar goers in Pa smoke. Banned ? Pa gets about a
> billion dollars a year in smoke tax. You can't smoke in restaurants, or
> bars that sell a lot of food. I've been in bars that have over 80 %
> smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

Ah, okay. Haven't been there in about 10 years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:24:22 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
>
>> Mcdonalds used no styrofoam or soggy making aluminum foil, ever, that I
>> can
>> remember.

> McD's used Styrofoam for their Big Macs, QP's, Fillet 'O Fish, and the
> McD-LT. Pittsburgh circa 1970's, at least.

I think the McLean came in Styrofoam. Burger on one side, veggies on the
other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the food on
> the menu sounded good.

Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
and sunshine. Inconceivable!

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the food
>> on
>> the menu sounded good.

> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
> and sunshine. Inconceivable!

I like fresh air. Just not sunshine. The next few days will be torture.
Sunny and too warm for comfort.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:12:25 +0000, gregz wrote:

> One BBQ sauce I use is vinegar with pepper spices, Scotts. Another BBQ
> sauce I use is a bit like yellow mustard, and it is yellow. Pa Gold.
> Another like I make, also used in a bunch of places here, is a red spicy
> blend, not sweet at all.

Do you like Alabama white barbecue sauce?

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:57:43 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the food on
> > the menu sounded good.

> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
> and sunshine. Inconceivable!

Unfortunately, when you have food intolerances and digestive problems
like she has, plus diabetes - there's not much left to eat. IMO, it's
a self-protective mechanism she uses to not feel like she's missing
out... remember the old "You don't like me? Well, I don't like you
more" routine? Fortunately, she can eat beans (one of my favorites
too). I couldn't cook for her though because I like "stuff" with my
beans and most of it would be off her list too. She's one of those
people where you wouldn't be offended if she arrived at a party with
her own food, because there's such a limited amount she can eat
without repercussions.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:57:43 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>> >
>> > I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the
>> > food on
>> > the menu sounded good.

>> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
>> and sunshine. Inconceivable!
>>

> Unfortunately, when you have food intolerances and digestive problems
> like she has, plus diabetes - there's not much left to eat. IMO, it's
> a self-protective mechanism she uses to not feel like she's missing
> out... remember the old "You don't like me? Well, I don't like you
> more" routine? Fortunately, she can eat beans (one of my favorites
> too). I couldn't cook for her though because I like "stuff" with my
> beans and most of it would be off her list too. She's one of those
> people where you wouldn't be offended if she arrived at a party with
> her own food, because there's such a limited amount she can eat
> without repercussions.

And I do, do that. Although I usually will bring a lot of whatever I am
bringing so everyone can share. Because people are usually interested in my
food.

Alas, here, I don't know too many people that cook so they don't have food
type parties. When we get together, we go to a restaurant.

When I lived in military housing, we had a lot of dinner parties and some
block parties which were sort of potlucks. In some cases, the meat and BBQs
were provided and we brought whatever sides that we wanted. But in a few
cases, all of the food was provided. In those cases, there was always
something I could eat as they had lots of raw veggies.

As for the sandwiches (different thread), they are not something I grew up
eating a lot of. I know most people did. But my mom considered bread to be
poison. Not really sure why this is except that she has arthritis and for
her, wheat and nightshades cause pain. She did make biscuits and cornbread
on occasion but we didn't eat much sliced bread. My dad did take sandwiches
to work but my bro and I rarely had them for lunch. My mom was big on hot
food so we often had soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-29 16:57, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the food on
>> the menu sounded good.

> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
> and sunshine. Inconceivable!

You have to wonder how how bad life must be in Julie's world.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2014 1:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Just out of curiosity I searched the Walmart site for products that
> call themselves "barbeque beans" and the results were kinda
> interesting:
>
> http://www.walmart.com/search/search...barbecue+beans
>
> Walmart's search algorithm is about as smart as it's typical employee.

lmao

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2014-04-29 16:57, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I had no choice the 2nd time. I was at a restaurant and none of the
>>> food on
>>> the menu sounded good.

>> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
>> and sunshine. Inconceivable!
>>

> You have to wonder how how bad life must be in Julie's world.

It's not bad at all, except for the current medical stuff. We don't all
have to like the same things. I expect that you wouldn't want to watch a
dance show. Most men don't. You probably also wouldn't like going to a cat
show, rock show, bead shop, craft store. But I like all of these things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 4/28/2014 1:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity I searched the Walmart site for products that
>> call themselves "barbeque beans" and the results were kinda
>> interesting:
>>
>> http://www.walmart.com/search/search...barbecue+beans
>>
>> Walmart's search algorithm is about as smart as it's typical employee.

> lmao

Our Walmart has a little turban wearing man who wields a huge broom. I
swear that he seeks me out. Three times I have been there and he has come
at me with the broom, moving at a rapid clip. I run to the next aisle to
get away from him and he comes at me again! I have even tried going to a
different part of the store and there he is again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come to
their senses & quit.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2014 3:19 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:24:22 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
>
>> Mcdonalds used no styrofoam or soggy making aluminum foil, ever, that I can
>> remember.

> McD's used Styrofoam for their Big Macs, QP's, Fillet 'O Fish, and the
> McD-LT. Pittsburgh circa 1970's, at least.

Yes, and thank goodness chipped ham wasn't! (-:

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara > wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:12:25 +0000, gregz wrote:
>
>> One BBQ sauce I use is vinegar with pepper spices, Scotts. Another BBQ
>> sauce I use is a bit like yellow mustard, and it is yellow. Pa Gold.
>> Another like I make, also used in a bunch of places here, is a red spicy
>> blend, not sweet at all.

> Do you like Alabama white barbecue sauce?
>
> Tara

I never heard of it. I just looked at recipe and I'm sure I could enjoy
that.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:19:42 AM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:24:22 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
>
> > Mcdonalds used no styrofoam or soggy making aluminum foil, ever, that I can
> > remember.

> McD's used Styrofoam for their Big Macs, QP's, Fillet 'O Fish, and the
> McD-LT. Pittsburgh circa 1970's, at least.

Yep. A friend's brother was a hoarder, and I helped them get rid of a few
items so that the brother could use his stove and the bathtub. He had
been saving the McD's styrofoam clamshells from his meals "to store
small parts."

Since then they switched to cardboard. But back then they thought the
clamshells would retain the heat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:19:42 AM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:24:22 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
>>
>> > Mcdonalds used no styrofoam or soggy making aluminum foil, ever, that I
>> > can
>> > remember.

>> McD's used Styrofoam for their Big Macs, QP's, Fillet 'O Fish, and the
>> McD-LT. Pittsburgh circa 1970's, at least.
>>

> Yep. A friend's brother was a hoarder, and I helped them get rid of a few
> items so that the brother could use his stove and the bathtub. He had
> been saving the McD's styrofoam clamshells from his meals "to store
> small parts."
>
> Since then they switched to cardboard. But back then they thought the
> clamshells would retain the heat.

I used to save Tic Tac boxes for my seed beads. This after I had them in
one of those hardware organizers with little drawers. I dropped it. You
can imagine the mess that I had!

These days you can get all sorts of little boxes and containers. But if
they were available back then (1970's), I didn't know about it! Altough for
a time you could get seed beads in little glass tubes with corks in them.
Those were nice! But probably expensive to produce.

My dad repurposed baby food jars for nails, screws, etc. He nailed the lids
to the top of the cabinet above his work bench. When you needed the
contents, you unscrewed the jar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
>> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come to
> their senses & quit.

Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants etc
.... thank goodness!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:04:54 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> > On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
> >> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

> > That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come to
> > their senses & quit.

> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants etc
> ... thank goodness!

Ditto all, including thank goodness.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 7:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
>>> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

>> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come
>> to their senses & quit.

> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants
> etc ... thank goodness!

Same here, Ophelia. There are a few restaurants in my area that have
outdoor dining spaces where smoking is allowed.

In the 1980's I worked for a subsidiary of Prudential. When they
redecorated the office they coordinated everything in shades of burgundy
and teal. Everyone got new desk sets. Paper trays, pencil holders.
And matching ash trays. Those days are long gone. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 3:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message

>>> that I > can
>>>
>>> McD's used Styrofoam for their Big Macs, QP's, Fillet 'O Fish, and the
>>> McD-LT. Pittsburgh circa 1970's, at least.
>>>

>> Yep. A friend's brother was a hoarder, and I helped them get rid of a few
>> items so that the brother could use his stove and the bathtub. He had
>> been saving the McD's styrofoam clamshells from his meals "to store
>> small parts."
>>
>> Since then they switched to cardboard. But back then they thought the
>> clamshells would retain the heat.

> I used to save Tic Tac boxes for my seed beads. This after I had them
> in one of those hardware organizers with little drawers. I dropped it.
> You can imagine the mess that I had!

I've been working with seed beads since the early 1970's. I bought my
bead boxes in the fishing tackle department of K-Mart. They are made
for flies and fish hooks and have covers that snap closed.

Around the late 1990's, when beading became more popular, they came out
with some pretty good storage ideas.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 6:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 4/29/2014 1:52 AM, gregz wrote:
>>> I've been in bars that have over 80 % smokers. Some nearly 100 % .

>> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come
>> to their senses & quit.

> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants
> etc ... thank goodness!

The town closest to us, where we shop and eat out, has a non-smoking
ordinance for restaurants and public places like the bowling alley.
They are about to pass a new law which will ban smoking in bars and at
private clubs that open to the public, like the Elk's Club.

I told DH that if the Elk's Club went non-smoking (even their
non-smoking area stinks) I could go play bingo there. He said that
after so many years of smoking in a building, the walls ooze the odor.
I think he's probably right.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/30/2014 7:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come
>>> to their senses & quit.

>> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants
>> etc ... thank goodness!
>>

> Same here, Ophelia. There are a few restaurants in my area that have
> outdoor dining spaces where smoking is allowed.
>
> In the 1980's I worked for a subsidiary of Prudential. When they
> redecorated the office they coordinated everything in shades of burgundy
> and teal. Everyone got new desk sets. Paper trays, pencil holders. And
> matching ash trays. Those days are long gone. LOL

Oh yes!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 4/30/2014 6:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> That's probably because the smokers have driven out those who've come
>>> to their senses & quit.

>> Smoking here is illegal in public places, including bars, restaurants
>> etc ... thank goodness!
>>

> The town closest to us, where we shop and eat out, has a non-smoking
> ordinance for restaurants and public places like the bowling alley. They
> are about to pass a new law which will ban smoking in bars and at private
> clubs that open to the public, like the Elk's Club.
>
> I told DH that if the Elk's Club went non-smoking (even their non-smoking
> area stinks) I could go play bingo there. He said that after so many
> years of smoking in a building, the walls ooze the odor. I think he's
> probably right.

Not surprising I suspect when people get used to the non smoking edict
they won't be happy with a stinking hall and they will have to clean them
up.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 11:05 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:28:19 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Our Walmart has a little turban wearing man who wields a huge broom. I
>> swear that he seeks me out. Three times I have been there and he has come
>> at me with the broom, moving at a rapid clip. I run to the next aisle to
>> get away from him and he comes at me again! I have even tried going to a
>> different part of the store and there he is again.

> Oh, please! Your trolls are getting a little too obvious, Julie.
>
> Obviously he's in cahoots with the crazy driver-lady in the electric
> shopping cart.

I'm the crazy driver-lady in the electric shopping cart. I have gotten
better at it and have only killed and maimed three people on my last
outing. ;-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 11:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:01:27 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> Yeah - they sell the big 35lb (about 7 gallons) containers for oil
>>> wrestling. But I don't need that much.
>>>

>> People with turkey fryers buy it.

> Why? Are people with turkey fryers more into oil wrestling?
>
> :-)
>
> -sw

They use peanut oil for frying turkeys, silly. Those fryers are very
big and require a gallon or so of oil.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2014 11:16 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:18:56 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> Julie. wow. *nothing* sounds or tastes good to you. Not even fresh air
>>> and sunshine. Inconceivable!

>> Unfortunately, when you have food intolerances and digestive problems
>> like she has, plus diabetes - there's not much left to eat.

> I think her "digestive problems" and allergies are just an excuse to
> write off foods she even more foods she wouldn't like any way. Most
> of the foods she can admittedly eat, she doesn't like either.
>
> ObFood: BBQ brisket with BBQ sauce, eggs, biscuit(s), and boroccho
> beans for brunch in a few minutes.
>
> -sw

Sounds like a "loco" deal at HEB :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-30, Janet Wilder > wrote:

> They use peanut oil for frying turkeys, silly. Those fryers are very
> big and require a gallon or so of oil.

You can buy turkey fryer peanut oil at Lowe's, typically in 3 gal
jugs. WallyWorld sells 1 gal jugs of peanut oil, year round fer about
$13. Good deal. It's what I use.

nb

Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
Beans: storing unused canned beans Manda Ruby General Cooking 0 01-05-2010 11:00 AM
Barbecue Beans tranch Barbecue 6 30-06-2005 06:10 AM
Recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans Evelyn Erickson General Cooking 0 22-12-2004 11:00 PM
Dried beans and canned beans jmk General Cooking 7 11-02-2004 01:23 PM