Internet Traveler

Default Perfectly round cookies

Dear Experts
How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
bag.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Kenneth

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:28:19 -0800, "Internet Traveler"
> wrote:

>Dear Experts
>How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
>icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
>cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
>bag.
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks

Howdy,

Bake 'em in a ring...

HTH,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:28:19 -0800, "Internet Traveler"
> wrote:

>Dear Experts
>How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
>icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
>cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
>bag.
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks

Howdy,

Bake 'em in a ring...

HTH,

--
Kenneth

PENMART01

>"Internet Traveler" asks
>
>Dear Experts
>How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
>icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
>cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
>bag.
>Any suggestions?

Cookie cutter.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"Internet Traveler" asks
>
>Dear Experts
>How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
>icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
>cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
>bag.
>Any suggestions?

Cookie cutter.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Dave Smith

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Dear Experts
> How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
> cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> bag.

What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled out
and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and then
sliced.

Dave Smith

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Dear Experts
> How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
> cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> bag.

What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled out
and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and then
sliced.

zxcvbob

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Dear Experts
> How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
> cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> bag.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Actually, people will pay extra for cookies that are *not* perfectly
round. Call them "artisinal". HTH :-)

Bob

zxcvbob

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Dear Experts
> How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
> cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> bag.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Actually, people will pay extra for cookies that are *not* perfectly
round. Call them "artisinal". HTH :-)

Bob

zxcvbob

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Dear Experts
> How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make oatmeal
> cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> bag.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Actually, people will pay extra for cookies that are *not* perfectly
round. Call them "artisinal". HTH :-)

Bob

Virginia Tadrzynski

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Internet Traveler" asks
> >
> >Dear Experts
> >How does a bakery make those perfectly round cookies? I have tried small
> >icecream scoops and have less than stellar results. I usually make

oatmeal
> >cookies so the dough is not really smooth enough to fit through a pastery
> >bag.
> >Any suggestions?

> Cookie cutter.

Two highball glasses, one to cut the cookies and the other to....well, to
hold the highball!

Internet Traveler

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message >
> What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled
> out
> and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and then
> sliced.

Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

Internet Traveler

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message >
> What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled
> out
> and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and then
> sliced.

Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

Peter Aitken

"Internet Traveler" > wrote in message

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message >
> > What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled
> > out
> > and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and

then
> > sliced.
> >

> Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
> rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

Use your hands to roll the dough into balls, then place on cookie sheet. Wet
hands to prevent sticking.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Internet Traveler" > wrote in message

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message >
> > What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled
> > out
> > and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and

then
> > sliced.
> >

> Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
> rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

Use your hands to roll the dough into balls, then place on cookie sheet. Wet
hands to prevent sticking.

--
Peter Aitken

PENMART01

> "Peter Aitken" writes:
>
>>"Internet Traveler" wrote:
>>"Dave Smith" wrote:
>>>
>>>What kind of cookies are you referring to? Some cookie doughs are rolled
>>>out and cut with a cookie cutter. Others are rolled up, refrigerated and
>>>then sliced.
>>>

>>Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
>>rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

>Use your hands to roll the dough into balls, then place on cookie sheet. Wet
>hands to prevent sticking.

---> http://tinyurl.com/3o2tx

Oatmeal Icebox Cookies

There aren't many recipes for oatmeal refrigerator cookies. This is a great
cookie for oatmeal cookie fans.

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups oatmeal, uncooked (do not use instant)
½ cup chopped pecans
Use an electric mixer to cream the shortening, sugar and brown sugar until
fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well. Combine the flour, baking soda,
salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a spoon to stir the flour mixture
into the sugar mixture, blending well. Stir in the oatmeal and pecans. Shape
the dough into three rolls about 2 inches in diameter and wrap in wax paper.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to three days.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the dough into 1/4-slices and arrange 2 inches
apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove from the pan and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.

Yields about 5 dozen cookies.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dave Smith

Internet Traveler wrote:

> Oatmeal does not tend to hold its shape, and is too sticky to use with a
> rolling pin, it may take a metal ring to get a somewhat circular look.

There are different types of oatmeal cookies. I know of at least two types
that are drop cookies. If you plop the batter straight down from a spoon they
usually come out round. My mother makes a type of oatmeal cookie from a recipe
her mother used. They are rolled out and cut with a cookie cutter. They are
good on their own, but even better when made into a sandwich cookie with a date
filling.

Zywicki

Perfectly round cookies can only be achieved in the low gravity
conditions of space.

Thanks to the X-prize competition, we're one step closer to your dream
of perfecltyround cookies. But it will be years before it comes true.

Your only alternative is to bake as many cookies as you can, select the

roundest, and send me all the rejects for disposal. Address availlable
upon request.

Greg Zywicki

Ida Slapter

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:43:01 GMT, "Peter Aitken"
> wrote:

>Use your hands to roll the dough into balls, then place on cookie sheet. Wet
>hands to prevent sticking.

Spray Pam on hands....works much longer and much less mess.
Also, spray Pam on the head of your kitchen "hammer" when pounding
round steak for "swiss style" steak. Flour won't stick in the little
grooves.

PENMART01

>Ida Slapter
>
>Spray Pam on hands....works much longer and much less mess.
>Also, spray Pam on the head of your "hammer" when pounding

Wow, a real massage parlor queen!