Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default a new use for your old bundt pan

As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

On 2/23/2014 7:45 PM, sf wrote:

> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

Rather very old news the vertical roaster (yawn). OH! there's also
the many variations of "can roasters", too :/ Not to mention - that
bundt pan/roaster can be used to cut-off corn-from-the-cobs to catch the
kernels. BTDT many times. Besides - that bundt "pan" limits the size
of the bird.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:28:37 -0600, Sky >
wrote:

> On 2/23/2014 7:45 PM, sf wrote:
> >
> > As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> > http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

> Rather very old news the vertical roaster (yawn). OH! there's also
> the many variations of "can roasters", too :/ Not to mention - that
> bundt pan/roaster can be used to cut-off corn-from-the-cobs to catch the
> kernels. BTDT many times. Besides - that bundt "pan" limits the size
> of the bird.

I've heard of the corncob thing, but have never heard it used as a
vertical roaster before. Never occurred to me. I have two vertical
roasters that I put in cast iron pans, so I don't need to use it.
Just thought it was an interesting idea. One of the comments on Life
Hacker says to cover the center cone with foil so juices drip in the
bundt pan, not onto the cookie sheet. I thought that was a good idea
too.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

That is a good site! I am enjoying looking through it

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message
> On 2/23/2014 7:45 PM, sf wrote:
>>
>> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

> Rather very old news the vertical roaster (yawn). OH! there's also
> the many variations of "can roasters", too :/ Not to mention - that bundt
> pan/roaster can be used to cut-off corn-from-the-cobs to catch the
> kernels. BTDT many times. Besides - that bundt "pan" limits the size of
> the bird.

I liked the site. Ok plenty things that I do already but did you look
around the rest of the site? I liked it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:28:37 -0600, Sky >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/23/2014 7:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> >
>> > As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>> > http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

>> Rather very old news the vertical roaster (yawn). OH! there's also
>> the many variations of "can roasters", too :/ Not to mention - that
>> bundt pan/roaster can be used to cut-off corn-from-the-cobs to catch the
>> kernels. BTDT many times. Besides - that bundt "pan" limits the size
>> of the bird.
>>

> I've heard of the corncob thing, but have never heard it used as a
> vertical roaster before. Never occurred to me. I have two vertical
> roasters that I put in cast iron pans, so I don't need to use it.
> Just thought it was an interesting idea. One of the comments on Life
> Hacker says to cover the center cone with foil so juices drip in the
> bundt pan, not onto the cookie sheet. I thought that was a good idea
> too.

It is surprising how many daft responses there were One was complaining
that if you used the bundt pan, the juices would run over the oven floor
<?>and another that complained that she had to restart the site to keep
viewing and asking for it to made to just roll. <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bundt pan as vertical roaster.

I don't think I'd want my veggies cooked in all that chicken fat. I like my wire vertical roaster because it drains -away- all the fat.

Denise in NH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:45:13 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>
> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

I've done that for years. It keeps the chicken from being soggy on the
bottom, though I never included the vegetables.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I never obtained a bundt pan - I feared a Greek wedding. : ))

I'll stick with my old wire rack. I have finally learned to paint it well with oil and my beloved red brush. Makes the cleaning a snap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:45:13 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>
> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

Yet another helpful tip from San Francisco...the home of faggots, the "treat", and nude people on the city council. It's little wonder Nancy Pelosi hails from this garbage district.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

> That is a good site! I am enjoying looking through it

I have an old bundt pan and I think it's a great idea.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:26:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> >> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

> > That is a good site! I am enjoying looking through it

> I have an old bundt pan and I think it's a great idea.

Not sure where I saw the comment (could have been LifeHacker), but
someone suggested covering the top of the cone in the bundt pan with
foil so juices run into the pan instead of onto the cookie sheet.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:45:13 -0800, sf > wrote:

>As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

What's with the 'old bundt' pan? I guess it is a trend that has
passed on? I haven't baked a cake in such a long time that I didn't
realize what was new and what was pooh.
On topic: I've never had corn kernals fly all over. I just use a
sharp knife and cut on a cutting board. The cutting board is much
easier to clean up and get the kernels from.

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:45:13 -0800, sf > wrote:
>

>>As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>>http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

> What's with the 'old bundt' pan? I guess it is a trend that has
> passed on? I haven't baked a cake in such a long time that I didn't
> realize what was new and what was pooh.
> On topic: I've never had corn kernals fly all over. I just use a
> sharp knife and cut on a cutting board. The cutting board is much
> easier to clean up and get the kernels from.
>
> Janet US

My old bundt pan has the color partly gone from the outside and it's dented
in several spots. I was pretty close to throwing it out, but stuck it in the
closet in the garage. I do have a new one, but I don't bake bundt cakes and
things like that often anymore at all.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:42:04 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:45:13 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>

>>>As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
>>>http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

>> What's with the 'old bundt' pan? I guess it is a trend that has
>> passed on? I haven't baked a cake in such a long time that I didn't
>> realize what was new and what was pooh.
>> On topic: I've never had corn kernals fly all over. I just use a
>> sharp knife and cut on a cutting board. The cutting board is much
>> easier to clean up and get the kernels from.
>>
>> Janet US

>My old bundt pan has the color partly gone from the outside and it's dented
>in several spots. I was pretty close to throwing it out, but stuck it in the
>closet in the garage. I do have a new one, but I don't bake bundt cakes and
>things like that often anymore at all.
>
>Cheri

Anyone who has ever used a bundt pan would never use it to roast a
chicken, it's laborious enough cleaning all those nooks n' crannies
from baking a cake, I wouldn't want to clean one of impacted chicken
fat. I bake cakes in bundt pans often, and even though my Nordicware
pans are non-stick I still have to use a toothbrush to clean it. For
roasting poultry no other method, save rotisserie, browns/crisps
better than a "V" rack (mine folds, cleans easily in the dishwasher,
and occupies no more space than a dinner plate). And if you roast
poultry on a bed of veggies it won't brown or cook very evenly.
Bundt pans are my favorite cake pans and Nordiware is the best. I
like tube type cake pans because they bake very evenly, bake in less
time than a loaf pan, and that cake configuration makes for easy
slicing/serving, even provides marks to slice evenly sized pieces. I
bake a bundt cake at least once a month... lately I like the NEW
Duncan Hines box cakes; Triple Chocolate and Apple Caramel are
scrumptious/decacent.
Yummy...
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nlwcjr.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2uym2j4.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2d9pkxs.jpg

Fancy Schmancy:
http://i57.tinypic.com/14ac6so.jpg

I baked all three between Christmas and New Years... a dusting of
powdered sugar is as fancy a frosting as I get.

Check out their Bundt type pans, I much prefer their cast aluminum
pans, they cost more but they bake much better... takes a moment to
load:
https://www.nordicware.com/store/cat...e#.UwzD6O-YZxA

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2014-02-24 01:45:13 +0000, sf said:

> As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/

That's cool enough that I'd consider getting a bundt pan!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:37:56 -0800, gtr > wrote:

> On 2014-02-24 01:45:13 +0000, sf said:
>
> > As a vertical roaster! Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet.
> > http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...0000000040283/
> >

> That's cool enough that I'd consider getting a bundt pan!

You're funny! Ask a neighbor if you can borrow hers.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.